SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(VGK / PIT) - 2020 2nd round pick for expansion draft considerations

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

21 juin 2017 à 22 h 31
A trade between Vegas Golden Knights and Pittsburgh Penguins has been confirmed.
Détails de la transaction
Les Penguins de Pittsburgh font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
Considérations du repêchage d'expansion
Somme: 0 $0 $0 $
Variation: 0 $
Les Golden Knights de Vegas font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (PIT - #46 - Drew Commesso)
Somme: 0 $0 $0 $
22 juin 2017 à 17 h 11
NateElder12
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 801
Haha wow. A 2nd round pick is all it took to take a bum backup goalie off the roster...
SpaghettiPasta a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2017 à 17 h 32
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 148
This was a homerun by VGK. MAF was always going to be targeted. Got to assume that McPhee asked about Cole or Rust. Pens offer up a 2nd to ensure that MAF is taken?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
28 sept. 2019 à 20 h 24
i hope ur hungry now
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 978
Quoting: NateElder12
Haha wow. A 2nd round pick is all it took to take a bum backup goalie off the roster...

that goalie is so bad.
rangersandislesfan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
28 sept. 2019 à 20 h 34
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,636
Remember the trade was a little deeper than that . MAF had a MMC, which he could have enforced, and Pens would have to expose Cup winning goalie Murray.
Fleury wanted to drafted by and play for Vegas. So he kinda told Pens and Vegas I'll drop the NMC if Vegas gets a pick and I'm selected by Vegas .
Vegas wanted great veteran goalie, Pens wanted their young cost efficient goalie, Fleury wanted a fresh start. Worked for everyone.
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
29 sept. 2019 à 14 h 39
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
that goalie is so bad.

I know. 3 cups and 2 SCF losses. He sucks.
SpaghettiPasta et Gmonwy a aimé ceci.
15 juin 2021 à 14 h 8
exo2769
Mentions "j'aime": 9,676
Quoting: palhal
Remember the trade was a little deeper than that . MAF had a MMC, which he could have enforced, and Pens would have to expose Cup winning goalie Murray.
Fleury wanted to drafted by and play for Vegas. So he kinda told Pens and Vegas I'll drop the NMC if Vegas gets a pick and I'm selected by Vegas .
Vegas wanted great veteran goalie, Pens wanted their young cost efficient goalie, Fleury wanted a fresh start. Worked for everyone.

Looking like a pretty good move right now isn't it!
palhal a aimé ceci.
18 juin 2021 à 0 h 5
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173

It didn't work well for Pittsburg though... They are sure missing Fluery right now.

AND lost a second round pick (which is all they got for Murray anyways).
18 juin 2021 à 9 h 51
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Saskleaf
It didn't work well for Pittsburg though... They are sure missing Fluery right now.

AND lost a second round pick (which is all they got for Murray anyways).

Pens also like the 3.5m difference in cap for Murray. But the Pens, I don't believe have won a playoff round since their Cup win (and people complain about the Leafs). Would the Pens done better with Fleury as you suggest? And even the Vegas situation, they signed 5m Lehner as their long term solution, and still Fleury is doing the job this season.
18 juin 2021 à 14 h 40
Go leafs go
Pens also like the 3.5m difference in cap for Murray. But the Pens, I don't believe have won a playoff round since their Cup win (and people complain about the Leafs). Would the Pens done better with Fleury as you suggest? And even the Vegas situation, they signed 5m Lehner as their long term solution, and still Fleury is doing the job this season.

The cap hit part is valid, but you can’t possibly tell me Murray>Fluery. At the we time it’s kind of understandable why they did this, but in hindsight it was definitely the wrong move after seeing the success of Fluery in Vegas.
18 juin 2021 à 15 h 46
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Saskleaf
The cap hit part is valid, but you can’t possibly tell me Murray>Fluery. At the we time it’s kind of understandable why they did this, but in hindsight it was definitely the wrong move after seeing the success of Fluery in Vegas.

Murray was the Pens goalie in their Cup victory, with Fleury as. backup. Pens were betting that young Murray was going to be a better long term value than the "aging" Fleury (now the seemingly ageless Fleury).
18 juin 2021 à 17 h 35
Go leafs go
Murray was the Pens goalie in their Cup victory, with Fleury as. backup. Pens were betting that young Murray was going to be a better long term value than the "aging" Fleury (now the seemingly ageless Fleury).

Oh, I agree at the time it seemed like a good move. I’m saying it’s not good right now.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage