SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Backroom Dealing Over Transparent Draft... Vegas Knights Expansion.

Does the Backroom Dealing instead of Transparent Draft Bother You?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

21 juin 2017 à 12 h 25
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
I'm really bothered by the backroom dealing aspects instead of having an open draft to enjoy and watch live. I don't know if I'm in the minority or majority. I would have liked to see them announce the trades at the very least before the award show. They have an hour of NHL related programming before the awards, hence why not announce/talk about the trades then. That way the fans would know going into the expansion draft about any trades to think about or react around. They could have been a bit vague not revealing who the actual selection was just trades along with who it related to not selecting based on them. Then open the award show with a few players in their Vegas uniforms announcing that from X team Vegas selects then say their name coming out. There might be additional deals which will confuse matters more by trading players that were drafted or traded for prior. I waited for Vegas to get a team since seeing them play the LA Kings in that fabled outdoor game wink. I'm hoping they do well enough to at least compete for a Playoff spot, just don't like the way the NHL has handled it. In my life I'd say this is the worst way an expansion team/draft creation has ever been handled. By having everything secret the draft is more like something out of WWE when they pick wrestlers for their brand even though its already setup and written smile.

Figure people will vote so can get an idea if maybe its just me who isn't happy with this. There is no way that can accurately draft the team they will with all the backroom agreements. That I heard they might take some throw away player/picks I felt went against the spirit of everything. Its like players who fall on the 1 yard line to run out the clock instead of scoring a clinching TD. I was looking forward to having a real draft that would have been able to see live. Even if they already knew who they would be picking at least it would have felt better. I tend to hate these award shows, not agree with many who are handed them either. I'd like to see awards added for D-man with the most goal and points. That would make it easier to award the Norris without people feeling slighted who had huge seasons dwarfing who might win it. I'm sure for fans of teams its annoying not knowing if might lose a player really like etc.
21 juin 2017 à 12 h 47
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
It would have been interesting to see the trades with Vegas announced over the course of a few days rather than have them wrapped up until the show.
Means everyone will be talking about the biggest move(s) with other moves getting less attention. Especially at a generally hockey starved time of the year.

I understand the reasoning and trying to make it into a "spectacle", that's the Vegas way after all. Bettman has to show up several times to get some attention (even if it comes in the form of "boos"), so having him waddle out onto the stage every now and then to announce "we have a trade" is pretty much mandatory. It's better for a casual fan that doesn't check hockey news several times a day, that they get the summary of everything in one scoop. Lets face it, every Vegas fan is a casual fan right now. It will take time for them to gather a dedicated following and be more than a sideshow or something novel.
Daoloth a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2017 à 11 h 40
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 148
The awards part of the show was simply white noise. Most people tuned in to see the expansion draft. Much like when they reveal the lottery results for the draft, it goes by too quickly. Why wouldn't you release one name every 10 minutes of just before every commercial? Then people could talk about the selection and what it means.
Daoloth a aimé ceci.
4 juill. 2017 à 5 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Good points for me it was like watching the final season for True Blood meets the season premiere of The Walking Dead... Where instead of getting to something they dragged things out like 30 minutes which lost about 5M viewers for TWD. Its like just throwing all the names/trades at once, then mixing in some awards or other skits didn't work for me. I watched Burns get his award, then they seemed to go into some promotion that wasn't interested in so went to sleep smile. I watched a version where just showed the 30 minutes draft cut away from the Awards which I liked more. My favorite part is when he reads a name out of order so then they had to go back to team. Announcing the trades over the days would have been better giving them more attention. Its like TWD where knew somebody or two were going to die to the baseball bat only to have it not shown doing flashbacks. In a way that draft was flashing back since it was already done trades/picks. So didn't feel the satisfaction or element of it being live that a real draft would have. Even when it happened it was like I felt cheated or just not satisfied. There was a 10 minute hater's guide version that I really liked that saw on-line, before the awards show the channel had an hour of hockey related programming or shows. So that time could have been used to do the draft or have the draft start the awards show then do who won what. That way can sorta talk about players taken or use them to announce or promote the awards...

To me its like the NHL tries to alienate its real fans while not gaining any new ones. Like they start out with the Penguins almost like a wrestling show as the heel... Like Crosby is John Cena or something where often really love or hate the guy much like Hulk Hogan. For the most part there are fans of 30 other teams who didn't want to see all the Penguin stuff or rubbing it in with the Catfish under glass wink. I'm glad Burns won the Norris, not sure it was wise to do the big Fleury pick last basically since did reverse order picking. Think they call that to bury the lead, many of the picks were already leaked too. Not many surprises or players taken that didn't already know from reading reports or so. Hard to process all the trades/picks doing it all clumped up or mixed in with the awards though. I did like seeing the GM of Predators face when they took Neal, he seemed a bit irked by that which was great smile. Vegas GM took too many left shot D-men while leaving some real good players out there for picks or other players, think should have tried to win early to keep the fan base there energized and interested.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage