Forums/Armchair-GM

Curious

Créé par: cunningham19
Équipe: 2023-24 Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Date de création initiale: 7 juin 2023
Publié: 7 juin 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I don't believe getting as high of a pick as possible for Debrincat is essential. Snuggerud is obviously quite valuable and I believe that I am over valuing that trade towards Ottawa but I am no expert.

I do however think that with PD's recent trades of the 2022 and 2023 first and second rounders have really drastically hindered this team moving forward and pushed back their timeline and they will be leapfrogged by the likes of Buffalo Detroit and as has already been done New Jersey. Those teams have already brought up some look to be stars and have pipelines which haven't dried up whereas IMO Ottawa's pipeline has drastically dried up with the aforementioned recent trades and the horrible 2021 cluster$&$$ of a draft that is 3 years of no high end prospects coming into the system.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 500 000 $
11 500 000 $
11 150 000 $
32 250 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Debrincat, Alex
19 000 000 $
Transactions
OTT
  1. Neighbours, Jake
  2. Snuggerud, Jimmy [Liste de réserve]
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de NSH
Logo de NYR
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de TBL
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2183 500 000 $76 373 213 $0 $2 700 000 $7 126 787 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
8 205 714 $8 205 714 $
AG
UFA - 5
8 350 000 $8 350 000 $
C
UFA - 8
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C
RFA - 1
7 950 000 $7 950 000 $
C
UFA - 7
4 975 000 $4 975 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
863 333 $863 333 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
C
RFA - 1
2 950 000 $2 950 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
762 500 $762 500 $
AG
RFA - 1
835 000 $835 000 $
C, AD
RFA - 2
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
835 833 $835 833 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
G
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 850 000 $$2M)
DG
UFA - 1
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
925 000 $925 000 $
DD
RFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD, AG
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 6
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,210
The last thing the Jackets need is another $8M+ winger, especially at the cost of a center and RD that they need in the system.
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 12
Quoting: dk325
The last thing the Jackets need is another $8M+ winger, especially at the cost of a center and RD that they need in the system.

I get that but kind of seems like jarmo is in win now mode with the comments he's made since the trade deadline and since the season wrapped up for the jackets. The one thing Ottawa doesn't seem to have IMO either is a good RHD they have numerous LHD to many of you ask me
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 20
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,210
Quoting: cunningham19
I get that but kind of seems like jarmo is in win now mode with the comments he's made since the trade deadline and since the season wrapped up for the jackets. The one thing Ottawa doesn't seem to have IMO either is a good RHD they have numerous LHD to many of you ask me

Sure, but they're going to fill positions of need before they trade for more wingers. They need at least one top 6 center and probably another veteran RD if they're going to compete this year. Those needs come way before trying to upgrade any of Gaudreau, Laine, KJ, or Marchenko in the top 6 wings. The only way they might consider Debrincat is if Laine is actually going to shift to center and that decision probably isn't made until at the earliest when a new coach is named and possibly not until training camp.
cunningham19 a aimé ceci.
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 22
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Ya Snugs is essentially untradable unless something ridiculous being offered but all the picks and Neighbours would more then likely be available for a guy like DeBrincet
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 29
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,247
Uhh yes, you are overvaluing in Ottawa's favor like a mofo. The Blues are not doing anything resembling that. You could remove any of those pieces from the ask, and they'd still give Ottawa a Steve Harvey stare and then push them off a pier. You're not getting Snuggerud, period. And the Blues are not wildly splurging and overpaying for a winger anyway.
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 30
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,451
That's a very easy no for the blues. Snuggerud is basically untouchable for the blues. Also the blues have no need for another expensive winger. Our biggest weakness is center depth and defense and Debrincat solves neither
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Tennisman142
That's a very easy no for the blues. Snuggerud is basically untouchable for the blues. Also the blues have no need for another expensive winger. Our biggest weakness is center depth and defense and Debrincat solves neither

I knew he had a good year so figured he would be likely untouchable. Not saying you are but in most of the posts today seems like most people think Debrincat is "washed up" not valuable after last season so think he can still fetch a good return just maybe not a Jimmy Snug like return.

Side note what the hell do you think they do with their 3 first round picks then? Keep them or trade them? I assume the use the 10th OA but consider trading one of both of the other 2 firsts
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: BrownieSTL
Ya Snugs is essentially untradable unless something ridiculous being offered but all the picks and Neighbours would more then likely be available for a guy like DeBrincet

I assumed the 10th OA would more than likely be off the table or at least my hope would be that a) Snugs obviously pans out to be the better player than whomever I could theoretically select with that pick. b) take the lower pick to increase the quality of additional assets coming back in return.
7 juin 2023 à 22 h 56
I knew he had a good year so figured he would be likely untouchable. Not saying you are but in most of the posts today seems like most people think Debrincat is "washed up" not valuable after last season so think he can still fetch a good return just maybe not a Jimmy Snug like return.

Side note what the hell do you think they do with their 3 first round picks then? Keep them or trade them? I assume the use the 10th OA but consider trading one of both of the other 2 firsts

It's more of the blues have a lot of winger prospects and we already have a lot of wingers on the roster so Debrincat makes little sense in adding another winger. I think Debrincat can get a mid to late first and a decent prospect but it won't be from the blues. We have Kyrou at 8 mil and then need to sign Buch in 2 years to a contract north of 8 mil. Adding another 8 mil winger on top of that makes little sense. Most likely the blues will try to fix the defense somehow if it is possible and that is where our late firsts come in. I doubt we trade them for a winger because we have enough of those
7 juin 2023 à 23 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Tennisman142
It's more of the blues have a lot of winger prospects and we already have a lot of wingers on the roster so Debrincat makes little sense in adding another winger. I think Debrincat can get a mid to late first and a decent prospect but it won't be from the blues. We have Kyrou at 8 mil and then need to sign Buch in 2 years to a contract north of 8 mil. Adding another 8 mil winger on top of that makes little sense. Most likely the blues will try to fix the defense somehow if it is possible and that is where our late firsts come in. I doubt we trade them for a winger because we have enough of those

Makes sense...were you guys using Buch as a 2C last year? I don't watch any blues games as I'm not in that region so only know what I read or see via posts and other ****.
7 juin 2023 à 23 h 25
Makes sense...were you guys using Buch as a 2C last year? I don't watch any blues games as I'm not in that region so only know what I read or see via posts and other ****.

We did but I don't think it is a permanent thing, just something we tried at the end of last year
8 juin 2023 à 0 h 5
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,392

I don’t think washed up is the best way to put it. But there’s certainly reason for concern, and I can’t see him fetching near what Ottawa paid for him.

Last season wasn’t great for him, and it’s the first season away from Kane. Reason for concern, but minimal, he still produced at a decent rate.

His QO pretty much ensures he’s gets a large pay day. Nobody or at least no fan wants to see their team sign an undersized winger coming off his worst season in the first season of changed circumstances to 8m+/year. It’s highly volatile.

There’s also an odd frenzy of people way overvaluing cap space, but at the same time, most teams cannot fit in 8m+ on Debrincat and pay a large futures package with no salary going back the other way.

For the blues as listed above, the fit just isn’t there. We have too many holes and too many question marks and too limited cap space to fix them.

Also just a short aside after scrolling through some other replies, chances of the Blues moving Snuggerud or the 10th pick are very very slim.

Snuggerud had a fantastic season and plays a pretty blues style of hockey and the Blues haven’t picked near the 10 spot in a long long time.
8 juin 2023 à 7 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: AC14
I don’t think washed up is the best way to put it. But there’s certainly reason for concern, and I can’t see him fetching near what Ottawa paid for him.

Last season wasn’t great for him, and it’s the first season away from Kane. Reason for concern, but minimal, he still produced at a decent rate.

His QO pretty much ensures he’s gets a large pay day. Nobody or at least no fan wants to see their team sign an undersized winger coming off his worst season in the first season of changed circumstances to 8m+/year. It’s highly volatile.

There’s also an odd frenzy of people way overvaluing cap space, but at the same time, most teams cannot fit in 8m+ on Debrincat and pay a large futures package with no salary going back the other way.

For the blues as listed above, the fit just isn’t there. We have too many holes and too many question marks and too limited cap space to fix them.

Also just a short aside after scrolling through some other replies, chances of the Blues moving Snuggerud or the 10th pick are very very slim.

Snuggerud had a fantastic season and plays a pretty blues style of hockey and the Blues haven’t picked near the 10 spot in a long long time.

I appreciate your breakdown here of the possible reasoning behind why Debrincats value may have slumped slightly! Can I give a rebuttal to this from a sens point of view?

Reasoning why his point total dropped in my eyes are his most used linemates were Pinto and Batherson. With Norris going down early in the season this was probably worst case scenario as Pinto is still getting used to the league and coming off of shoulder surgery, Batherson is a productive forward but also had a rough year based off of previous years.

I think not playing with the likes of Stutzle (Ottawas obvious top forward) or Tkachuk and Norris going down for pretty much the entire season is a major reason why you saw Debrincat's numbers slip it's not bc of necessarily being away from Kane Debincat but it was more so the linemates and the system that Ottawa plays (dump and chase) which aren't the fit.

I do believe personally as much as I love Debrincat as a player and am a sens fan that Pierre Dorion is a bit of an idiot and jumped the gun last offseason. He doesn't really know how what he's doing as GM or who to go after stylistically to fit the system. At this point he should probably fire the coach and bring in someone who plays a possession style to fit Debrincat, Norris, Stutzle, Batherson, Chychrun and Chabots style of play more so that they can actually succeed
AC14 a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2023 à 10 h 10
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,716
Modifié 8 juin 2023 à 10 h 16
Yeah I'm not doing that if I am either team

I don't see a fit with the Blues. Maybe something around Schenn and Neighbours?

PS : love the Description in the OP, damn Dorion is bad

Keep in mind DeBrincat had to play with rookie Pinto as his center, a guy who had just missed a full season due to injury. DeBrincat would have produced more if Norris had been healthy. Both DeBrincat and Batherson suffered a lot from Norris injury, particularly defensively (offense comes from good defense). Pinto is good and will be great (will develop into a Danault type) but way too much responsibility for a rookie Center coming off a serious injury

DeBrincat needs to fit the team that will acquire him, a team strong at Center but that lacks goal scoring wingers. Blues are not a fit.

And I totally understand not wanting to move a prospect like Snuggerud, same as we didn't want to move Pinto and Greig, even for Chychrun
AC14 et cunningham19 a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2023 à 10 h 37
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,392
I appreciate your breakdown here of the possible reasoning behind why Debrincats value may have slumped slightly! Can I give a rebuttal to this from a sens point of view?

Reasoning why his point total dropped in my eyes are his most used linemates were Pinto and Batherson. With Norris going down early in the season this was probably worst case scenario as Pinto is still getting used to the league and coming off of shoulder surgery, Batherson is a productive forward but also had a rough year based off of previous years.

I think not playing with the likes of Stutzle (Ottawas obvious top forward) or Tkachuk and Norris going down for pretty much the entire season is a major reason why you saw Debrincat's numbers slip it's not bc of necessarily being away from Kane Debincat but it was more so the linemates and the system that Ottawa plays (dump and chase) which aren't the fit.

I do believe personally as much as I love Debrincat as a player and am a sens fan that Pierre Dorion is a bit of an idiot and jumped the gun last offseason. He doesn't really know how what he's doing as GM or who to go after stylistically to fit the system. At this point he should probably fire the coach and bring in someone who plays a possession style to fit Debrincat, Norris, Stutzle, Batherson, Chychrun and Chabots style of play more so that they can actually succeed

Very fair reasoning. Just looking at it as an outsider and giving why I’d imagine most people aren’t receptive to paying a large price. By no means do I think he’s a bad player. I think the blues would genuinely benefit from his goal scoring. But we are so strapped and are actually pretty solid on the wings right now that it doesn’t seem to be a good landing spot
8 juin 2023 à 12 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Very fair reasoning. Just looking at it as an outsider and giving why I’d imagine most people aren’t receptive to paying a large price. By no means do I think he’s a bad player. I think the blues would genuinely benefit from his goal scoring. But we are so strapped and are actually pretty solid on the wings right now that it doesn’t seem to be a good landing spot

Moving Debrincat is going to be tough for Dorion and I don't think I trust him to do it. It's going to be unfortunate that he reportedly doesn't want to sign as in the locker room I think he's a good fit and I think he would benefit with a better system and a healthy roster next season.
8 juin 2023 à 12 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Xspyrit
Yeah I'm not doing that if I am either team

I don't see a fit with the Blues. Maybe something around Schenn and Neighbours?

PS : love the Description in the OP, damn Dorion is bad

Keep in mind DeBrincat had to play with rookie Pinto as his center, a guy who had just missed a full season due to injury. DeBrincat would have produced more if Norris had been healthy. Both DeBrincat and Batherson suffered a lot from Norris injury, particularly defensively (offense comes from good defense). Pinto is good and will be great (will develop into a Danault type) but way too much responsibility for a rookie Center coming off a serious injury

DeBrincat needs to fit the team that will acquire him, a team strong at Center but that lacks goal scoring wingers. Blues are not a fit.

And I totally understand not wanting to move a prospect like Snuggerud, same as we didn't want to move Pinto and Greig, even for Chychrun

It'll be very tough for Dorion to find a good fit for Debrincat and I don't think I trust him enough to bring in a good return. It'll be a shame to see him go if he does leave. Ottawa doesn't necessarily have any ready to go to 6 guys in tow ready and waiting.

Dorion has imo needed to go for a long while if I was a new ownership group he and DJ Smith are my first guys I'm letting go of.
Xspyrit a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2023 à 12 h 54
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,716
It'll be very tough for Dorion to find a good fit for Debrincat and I don't think I trust him enough to bring in a good return. It'll be a shame to see him go if he does leave. Ottawa doesn't necessarily have any ready to go to 6 guys in tow ready and waiting.

Dorion has imo needed to go for a long while if I was a new ownership group he and DJ Smith are my first guys I'm letting go of.

Indeed, both and Dorion need to be assistants, not the guys in charge

Signing Giroux was perfect and we lucked into that (hometown) but :

Bjorkstrand + Paul + Brown + Gustavsson >>>>> DeBrincat + Joseph + Gambrell + Talbot

Only needed to beat 3rd + 4th for Bjorkstrand but we were probably not in the sweepstakes as we already have DeBrincat...

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage