Modifié 8 juin à 11 h 47
Either people don’t understand facts or choose to ignore them because they simply hate the Hawks. I’m choosing the latter for most people here.
1) he’s a 20 goal scorer in a top 6 role. Proved it last year. Is he top 6 in Vegas or Colorado? No. But 6 guys x 32 teams is 192 players are “top 6”. He’s in the top 192 even if he ranks 192/192.
2) He’s fast and Davidson loves guys who are fast.
3) he’s a great locker room guy
4) Hawks are going to be bad so you do have to overpay to keep guys.
5) you still have to field a team and with some experienced veterans. Last year Hawks had Kane Toews and Domi. Now they have none of them. In comes Bedard Korchinski and Reichel. AA is a good veteran presence.
6) Davidson is keeping all his contracts short for cap management reasons during this rebuild. He likely had to overpay to keep the term at 2 years.
7) AA is the ONLY forward player (other than prospects on ELC) who has a contract beyond this season. He, Jones and Murphy are the only 3 players who have contracts for the 24-25 season. That’s on purpose.
Everyone needs to calm down. This is great for both sides. Hawks get a good guy who wants to be in Chicago, they know who they’re getting, great locker room guy, veteran, 20 goal scorer while AA gets a few more years of stability and cashes in.
Win for both sides. Everyone needs to chill.