SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

The Tkachuk Effect

The Tkachuk Effect

Cuvée de repêchage: 2023
Créé par: Waddley1234
Publié: 31 mai 2023 à 8 h 56
Description
GMs are going to prioritize Size over skill again, guys like Wood, Musty, Honzek , Barlow, Sale will jump while guys like Cristall, Michkov or Benson will fall
31 mai 2023 à 9 h 8
Joe
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,495
Sorry there is no chance Yzerman passes on Benson twice.
31 mai 2023 à 10 h 26
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,394
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
Sorry there is no chance Yzerman passes on Benson twice.

apparently on these drafts board there is no chance yzerman passes on about 10 guys. he cant draft them all.
31 mai 2023 à 10 h 37
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 113
If Danielson is there at 21 that is a hell of a steal for the Wild!
31 mai 2023 à 10 h 38
Joe
Quoting: drambui
apparently on these drafts board there is no chance yzerman passes on about 10 guys. he cant draft them all.

No clue what you mean to get out of this statement, but it's probably something stupid.

Mock drafts differ, meaning different players will be available. Obviously if Leonard and Moore are there at 9, there's a decision, but if Leonard is there at 17OA (hypothetically, this doesn't happen) along the names of other middling prospects, Yzerman takes him, probably.
31 mai 2023 à 11 h 8
No clue what you mean to get out of this statement, but it's probably something stupid.

Mock drafts differ, meaning different players will be available. Obviously if Leonard and Moore are there at 9, there's a decision, but if Leonard is there at 17OA (hypothetically, this doesn't happen) along the names of other middling prospects, Yzerman takes him, probably.

what i'm saying is out of all mock drafts i've seen and the reply on them, for some reason everyone thinks they know what pick yzerman will make. (which is already weird since he often goes off the board with his pick).

it seems no one learn with each draft. there is always someone sure prospect who falls. How many time did you hear last year '' my Gm will take brad lambert '' or the year before '' my Gm will take Raty '' if they fall past top 10.

Long story short you cant guarantee anything because you have no clue like anyone here what yzerman want or will do.

Now you can make up your mind if i'm saying something stupid or not.
31 mai 2023 à 11 h 34
Joe
what i'm saying is out of all mock drafts i've seen and the reply on them, for some reason everyone thinks they know what pick yzerman will make. (which is already weird since he often goes off the board with his pick).

it seems no one learn with each draft. there is always someone sure prospect who falls. How many time did you hear last year '' my Gm will take brad lambert '' or the year before '' my Gm will take Raty '' if they fall past top 10.

Long story short you cant guarantee anything because you have no clue like anyone here what yzerman want or will do.

Now you can make up your mind if i'm saying something stupid or not.

Yeah you can't guarantee anything. You also can't guarantee Chicago will pick Bedard, but it's likely. I understand that's a bit excessive, but the holes in DET are quite clear. He could go with a LHD, or another right handed forward; but why? We desperately need a top LHW and a 2nd RHD.

Obviously he could go another root, but expectations is that he'll pick BPA at these respective positions.
drambui a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 11 h 45
Yeah you can't guarantee anything. You also can't guarantee Chicago will pick Bedard, but it's likely. I understand that's a bit excessive, but the holes in DET are quite clear. He could go with a LHD, or another right handed forward; but why? We desperately need a top LHW and a 2nd RHD.

Obviously he could go another root, but expectations is that he'll pick BPA at these respective positions.

agreed that those are the needs Detroit have. Could see them grabbing even another center too, woukd not be too far fetched. But BPA is another subjective notion that we cant predict what his yzerman vision on this. Sorry if my comment seemed agressive at first. i believe we do share opinions that are similar.
31 mai 2023 à 11 h 49
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
Cristall was already expected to fall because of injuries and Michkov was because of the Russian-Factor

Anyone after 6 who passes up on Benson needs to be fired on the spot
JoeROFLCOPTER a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 11 h 50
Joe
agreed that those are the needs Detroit have. Could see them grabbing even another center too, woukd not be too far fetched. But BPA is another subjective notion that we cant predict what his yzerman vision on this. Sorry if my comment seemed agressive at first. i believe we do share opinions that are similar.

Certainly. I could see them taking another center, but I think it depends on whether he thinks Kasper'll be a good 2C. If you ask me, yes. If he gets a better shot I have no doubt in my mind he'll be our 2C of the future.
Obviously we don't know what he'll do -- the only picks he went with that I would've gone with (at the time) are Raymond and Kasper. But A) the holes are much more defined now than it was then and B) it's fun to mock draft.
drambui a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 11 h 50
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 136
If there is a 'Tkachuk Effect,' I imagine that high compete levels and playing with a physical edge are going to be similarly important to size in deciding who GMs pick, so I don't see players with consistency issues like Sale benefiting very much. Dvorsky, Leonard, Barlow, and Honzek are the most likely beneficiaries imo.
JoeROFLCOPTER a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2023 à 23 h 59
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 332

I’m just curious when you mention the need for a LHW and not another right hand forward. I’ve been saying the opposite.

All I can think of for RH forwards are: Raymond, Mazur and Perron (short-term)
Whereas LH forwards: Larkin, Kasper, Rasmussen, Veleno, Zadina, Soderblom, Kubalik (short term), Copp(mid-length term), Fabbri (?), Berggren, and nearly every other forward prospect we have.

Now that I’ve made that list I think even way more strongly we’re in desperate need for right shooting forwards, especially one that could play centre would be nice
1 juin 2023 à 6 h 7
Joe
Quoting: pavelisgoat
I’m just curious when you mention the need for a LHW and not another right hand forward. I’ve been saying the opposite.

All I can think of for RH forwards are: Raymond, Mazur and Perron (short-term)
Whereas LH forwards: Larkin, Kasper, Rasmussen, Veleno, Zadina, Soderblom, Kubalik (short term), Copp(mid-length term), Fabbri (?), Berggren, and nearly every other forward prospect we have.

Now that I’ve made that list I think even way more strongly we’re in desperate need for right shooting forwards, especially one that could play centre would be nice

That too, but which of those LHW will play the top-line? We could just have another RHW, but I think the most important thing is we target our 1st line.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage