Forums/Armchair-GM

Building off of an earlier proposed trade with Rangers

Créé par: KentMcNally
Équipe: 2023-24 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 30 mai 2023
Publié: 30 mai 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I have seen some people on here try to trade away Panarin. I am not sure if teh Rangers really want to do that, but if they do, Montreal could take on the salary and trade him at the draft or at the deadline to a contender for picks in the 2023 draft or next year's draft and beyond perhaps.
This trade's main benefit from the Panarin perspective is to NYR is to frees up cap space.
Transactions
MTL
  1. Panarin, Artemi
  2. Schneider, Braden
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
MTL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (BUF)
BUF
  1. Kovacevic, Johnathan
  2. Panarin, Artemi (4 000 000 $ retained)
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (MTL)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de NYR
Logo de BUF
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de PIT
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de SJS
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1783 500 000 $56 319 999 $1 170 000 $4 595 000 $27 180 001 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 7
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 2
1 925 000 $1 925 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Rangers de New York
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance275 000 $$275K)
DD
RFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 3
828 333 $828 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
30 mai 2023 à 7 h 47
Habs4Ever
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,737
Unrealistic, trades like that only happens on video games
30 mai 2023 à 7 h 52
There can only be 1
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 252
So the Sabres have to trade a 1st to pick up a 2nd round pick, a depth defenseman and a total of 12 million dollars on their cap? Yikes,
30 mai 2023 à 7 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Fall River Habs
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 332
Quoting: TheRealisticGuy
Unrealistic, trades like that only happens on video games

I agree that there are a lot of pieces going back and forth in the first trade, which you normally do not see in the NHL anymore. Do you think the value is off by much and, if so, how would you change it so that Montreal could get the NYR first round pick and Schneider?
30 mai 2023 à 7 h 52
Player Model Maker
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 503
that's a no from both mtl and nyr. Panarin does not fit into the window. It's a waste of assets on him. Also, Schneider would never be the casualty of a cap problem based trade
30 mai 2023 à 7 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Fall River Habs
Quoting: JLance
So the Sabres have to trade a 1st to pick up a 2nd round pick, a depth defenseman and a total of 12 million dollars on their cap? Yikes,

Panarin comes with $4M retained and Kovacevic is on an ELC. So Buffalo takes on roughly $8.5M for Panarin.
30 mai 2023 à 7 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Fall River Habs
Quoting: Mglgoalie33
that's a no from both mtl and nyr. Panarin does not fit into the window. It's a waste of assets on him. Also, Schneider would never be the casualty of a cap problem based trade

Are you saying that Panarin does not fit the Buffalo window?
30 mai 2023 à 7 h 55
Habs4Ever
Quoting: KentMcNally
Panarin comes with $4M retained and Kovacevic is on an ELC. So Buffalo takes on roughly $8.5M for Panarin.

Kovacevic isn't on an ELC ... NYR aren't trading Panarin or Schneider
MTL aren't trading Harris & Mesar
Just unrealistic trades ...
30 mai 2023 à 7 h 56
There can only be 1

Oh I see, my bad.

Still pass.
KentMcNally a aimé ceci.
30 mai 2023 à 7 h 57
Player Model Maker
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 503
Are you saying that Panarin does not fit the Buffalo window?

didn't see that. whoops my blind eyes need a checkup. Anyway, Schneider point still stands
KentMcNally a aimé ceci.
30 mai 2023 à 7 h 57
There can only be 1

Why are they hustling Schneider so often? Should be doing Trouba...
30 mai 2023 à 7 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Fall River Habs

I just meant that Kovacevic's salary (amount) is like an ELC.

If I were Montreal I would look to trade Mesar. He may have high value to another team and he does not appear to fit into the top 6 of Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Slafkovsky, #5 pick and (possibly) Dubois. If he needed to go in a package in order to get a RHD or goalie prospect I think he should go.
30 mai 2023 à 8 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Fall River Habs
Quoting: JLance
Why are they hustling Schneider so often? Should be doing Trouba...

I really don't have any reason to believe that New York is trying to trade Schneider. I just saw that Schneider was proposed in another trade and I thought that if he was somehow available. Montreal should try to jump on that opportunity.
30 mai 2023 à 8 h 6
Habs4Ever
I just meant that Kovacevic's salary (amount) is like an ELC.

If I were Montreal I would look to trade Mesar. He may have high value to another team and he does not appear to fit into the top 6 of Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Slafkovsky, #5 pick and (possibly) Dubois. If he needed to go in a package in order to get a RHD or goalie prospect I think he should go.

MTL current management drafted him not even a year ago. He is one of the best friend of Juraj Slafkovsky. He is really good, he just needs to adapt to smaller rink. Our current management would rather trade prospects that they didn't draft, exemple : Riley Kidney, Oliver Kapanen. They won't include the guys who they believe in : Mesar, Beck, Hutson, Engstrom, Rohrer. They didn't hesitate to trade Alexander Romanov. Maybe Mesar ends up better than someone you named above, you never know. MTL have Barron & a lot of NHL ready LHD : Guhle, Harris, Xhekaj, and this is without counting the vet presence on the blueline : Edmundson, Matheson, Savard. MTL are stacked right now with defenseman. Yes it would be nice adding a RHD with top 4 potentiel, but it looks like Mailloux could be that guy
30 mai 2023 à 8 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Fall River Habs
MTL current management drafted him not even a year ago. He is one of the best friend of Juraj Slafkovsky. He is really good, he just needs to adapt to smaller rink. Our current management would rather trade prospects that they didn't draft, exemple : Riley Kidney, Oliver Kapanen. They won't include the guys who they believe in : Mesar, Beck, Hutson, Engstrom, Rohrer. They didn't hesitate to trade Alexander Romanov. Maybe Mesar ends up better than someone you named above, you never know. MTL have Barron & a lot of NHL ready LHD : Guhle, Harris, Xhekaj, and this is without counting the vet presence on the blueline : Edmundson, Matheson, Savard. MTL are stacked right now with defenseman. Yes it would be nice adding a RHD with top 4 potentiel, but it looks like Mailloux could be that guy

I hear what you are saying about Mesar. I agree it is rare to trade a guy that the team just drafted a year earlier, but he is on the smaller side and IF Montreal truly intends to go after PLD, I cannot see him fitting into the top 6 (I think Montreal will be more patient with their #1 overall pick from last year and their #5 overall pick from this year than they will be with the #26 pick from last year). I could be wrong, as I have absolutely no "inside info" from the organization obviously.

Maybe Mailloux and Barron are the RHD in the top 4 for years to come, but neither one of them is guaranteed to be in that role.

I think that Guhle and Hutson (despite his size and reported skating concerns-- which can be improved) will fill the top 2 LHD positions in the long-term and I think Xhekaj is good on a third pairing with someone.

If they had Schneider they could slide Mailloux down to that third pairing with Xhekaj and be a power play QB. This would let Barron, Schneider, Guhle and Hutson fill out the top 4 and the top 6 would be set for years to come, while still having prospects like Engstrom, Trudeau and Norlinder.

Plus the role of Mesar (offensive minded forward) could be replaced by either pick #13 (from Buffalo) or pick #23 (from NYR) this year.
30 mai 2023 à 8 h 51
Habs4Ever
I hear what you are saying about Mesar. I agree it is rare to trade a guy that the team just drafted a year earlier, but he is on the smaller side and IF Montreal truly intends to go after PLD, I cannot see him fitting into the top 6 (I think Montreal will be more patient with their #1 overall pick from last year and their #5 overall pick from this year than they will be with the #26 pick from last year). I could be wrong, as I have absolutely no "inside info" from the organization obviously.

Maybe Mailloux and Barron are the RHD in the top 4 for years to come, but neither one of them is guaranteed to be in that role.

I think that Guhle and Hutson (despite his size and reported skating concerns-- which can be improved) will fill the top 2 LHD positions in the long-term and I think Xhekaj is good on a third pairing with someone.

If they had Schneider they could slide Mailloux down to that third pairing with Xhekaj and be a power play QB. This would let Barron, Schneider, Guhle and Hutson fill out the top 4 and the top 6 would be set for years to come, while still having prospects like Engstrom, Trudeau and Norlinder.

Plus the role of Mesar (offensive minded forward) could be replaced by either pick #13 (from Buffalo) or pick #23 (from NYR) this year.

Maybe you are right for the top 6 ( Suzuki, Caufield, Slafkovsky, Dach, Dubois & #5 OA this year), but what about the 3rd line. Owen Beck look like he will be the 3C, but after that we are not sure if Sean Farrell, Joshua Roy will be full time NHLer. Having Beck, Mesar, Roy, Farrell, RHP & Ylönen all fighting for a roster spot is good. Internal competition, they won't all hit.

MTL aren't getting Schneider, forget that
30 mai 2023 à 9 h 33
Sabres fan
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,008
Panerin doesn’t fit what Buffalo needs. Scoring goals wasn’t really their problem last season, and since nobody knows how to translate “back check“ into Russian it’s not something he’ll ever do. 😆
30 mai 2023 à 9 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Fall River Habs
Quoting: Tjm220
Panerin doesn’t fit what Buffalo needs. Scoring goals wasn’t really their problem last season, and since nobody knows how to translate “back check“ into Russian it’s not something he’ll ever do. 😆

HA!!!
30 mai 2023 à 9 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Fall River Habs
Maybe you are right for the top 6 ( Suzuki, Caufield, Slafkovsky, Dach, Dubois & #5 OA this year), but what about the 3rd line. Owen Beck look like he will be the 3C, but after that we are not sure if Sean Farrell, Joshua Roy will be full time NHLer. Having Beck, Mesar, Roy, Farrell, RHP & Ylönen all fighting for a roster spot is good. Internal competition, they won't all hit.

MTL aren't getting Schneider, forget that

I agree that there is probably not much of an opportunity to get Schneider.

What about some trade with New York that gets pick #23 with a salary cap dump coming back (since Montreal can probably afford it)? I think the Rangers are in win now mode, so pick #23 probably does not have as much value to them at this stage. Then Montreal could hopefully package #23 and #31 or #32 (Florida) for somewhere in the mid to late teens. Any thoughts?
30 mai 2023 à 10 h 1
Mods have power egos
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,277
Trading panarin is a dream for me but probably not going to happen and if it did it would be a better 3 way deal with rangers retaining a little and a 3rd team retaining a little not 4m... imo
30 mai 2023 à 10 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Fall River Habs
Quoting: NYRxLundqvist
Trading panarin is a dream for me but probably not going to happen and if it did it would be a better 3 way deal with rangers retaining a little and a 3rd team retaining a little not 4m... imo

Panarin (at full price) and pick #23 to Montreal for pick #37 and Riley Kidney??
30 mai 2023 à 10 h 39
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,451
I agree that there are a lot of pieces going back and forth in the first trade, which you normally do not see in the NHL anymore. Do you think the value is off by much and, if so, how would you change it so that Montreal could get the NYR first round pick and Schneider?

The only way you get Schneider is by way, way, way, way overpaying for him. Doubtful Drury would trade the 1st round pick for anything other than a top 6 RW.
30 mai 2023 à 10 h 42
Habs4Ever
I agree that there is probably not much of an opportunity to get Schneider.

What about some trade with New York that gets pick #23 with a salary cap dump coming back (since Montreal can probably afford it)? I think the Rangers are in win now mode, so pick #23 probably does not have as much value to them at this stage. Then Montreal could hopefully package #23 and #31 or #32 (Florida) for somewhere in the mid to late teens. Any thoughts?

New York don't have cap space ...
30 mai 2023 à 11 h 0
Mods have power egos
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,277
Panarin (at full price) and pick #23 to Montreal for pick #37 and Riley Kidney??

Nah thats making panarin negative value which he's not. He's just overpaid. He can still put up a bunch of points and did play well with CBJ in the playoffs, just not the rangers.
30 mai 2023 à 12 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Fall River Habs
New York don't have cap space ...

i meant that NYR sends #23 and a cap dump to Montreal and the Habs send them back something that makes it worth the Ranger's while (not Montreal sending a cap dump to New York).
30 mai 2023 à 12 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Fall River Habs
Quoting: NYRxLundqvist
Nah thats making panarin negative value which he's not. He's just overpaid. He can still put up a bunch of points and did play well with CBJ in the playoffs, just not the rangers.

Panarin and pick #23 from NYR to Montreal for their pick #37, Kidney and Dvorak?? What would you suggest the Rangers would want?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage