Forums/Armchair-GM

Keeping the Desert Dream Alive

Créé par: KrakenTheCode
Équipe: 2023-24 Coyotes de l'Arizona
Date de création initiale: 28 mai 2023
Publié: 29 mai 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I'm not a Coyotes fan, but I do live in Arizona and don't want the team to relocate. I have several friends who are Coyotes fans, the Yotes fanbase does indeed exist and is a passionate one.

With all the organizational uncertainty, I thought I'd take a crack at constructing a Coyotes offseason that would help the team remain in Arizona and help further their rebuild. Some key points of this ACGM:

1. Hang onto the core pieces. The Coyotes fanbase is a dedicated one, but coverage-wise the team is a bit overlooked compared to other sports franchises in the area. In my mind, the best way to drum up louder support for the Yotes is to put together a winning team that inspires promise for the future. The rebuild under Armstrong is just starting to bear fruit, so I think the best move for the Coyotes is to build on that, not tear it all down and trade Keller, Schmaltz, Vejmelka, and others for draft picks like many on this site have suggested. Arizona has plenty of draft picks as it is.

2. Bridge Deals for the RFAs. Under the Coyotes' previous regime, long extensions were handed out like candy. That's how Keller and Schmaltz ended up with their current deals. The current front office has shown more restraint. Plus, with the finances of the team still iffy, extending the RFAs to 7-8 year contracts likely isn't in the cards. That's why I've proposed longer 3-4 year bridge deals for the key RFAs, most notably Macelli and McBain. These deals keep these young contributors under contract for several years at a manageable rate, and they will still be under team control when those deals expire.

3. Weaponizing Cap Space to acquire Distressed Assets and Bounceback Candidates. In order to further the rebuild, Arizona will have to bring in some new faces. They have ample cap space to do so. In my opinion, their best bet would be to take advantage of this cap space to acquire NHL players from cap-strapped teams at a discount. In this ACGM, said players fall into two categories: young players who could use a change of scenery, or solid NHL vets who could use the guaranteed roster spot available in AZ as a springboard to a longer term deal. I focused mainly on the defense, as Arizona's blue line is in need of some new bodies after the Chychrun and Gostisbehere trades. Moser and Söderström are promising youngsters who are likely ready for a full-time role, but beyond them there isn't a ton on the roster or in the development pipeline.

As always, helpful feedback is appreciated. Happy Memorial Day to those who celebrate!
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
31 750 000 $
31 750 000 $
43 250 000 $
21 250 000 $
33 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
13 000 000 $
Transactions
ARI
  1. Addison, Calen [Droits de RFA]
Détails additionnels:
Addison has been rumored to be a potential trade candidate as Minnesota may not be able to afford his next contract with their cap crunch. With that in mind, Arizona swoops in to gain a 23 year old offensively gifted RD who could blossom even further in an expanded role, one that will be available in AZ. Minnesota meanwhile gains what will likely be a high second round pick to use as they see fit.
MIN
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (MTL)
ARI
  1. Yamamoto, Kailer
Détails additionnels:
Yamamoto was looking to be a future top-six complement to Edmonton's stars, but injuries and inconsistency halted his development. Arizona will give him a fresh start and an opportunity to lock down a top-six role. Edmonton meanwhile gains a draft pick and badly needed cap space to re-sign their key RFAs such as Bouchard, McLeod, and Kostin.
EDM
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (SJS)
ARI
  1. Forbort, Derek
Détails additionnels:
Arizona takes advantage of Boston's cap crunch to get a veteran, defensively sound defenseman to bolster the penalty kill and shore up the blue line. Boston gets desperately needed cap relief with this move to help them fill out their roster for next year.
BOS
    Future Considerations
    ARI
    1. Myers, Philippe
    Détails additionnels:
    Myers hasn't locked down a full-time NHL role yet, but Arizona will be able to give him that opportunity. Tampa Bay meanwhile is able to shed the salary of a player they had buried in the AHL to help them bring back their key RFAs Colton and Jeannot.
    TBL
      Future Considerations
      Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
      Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de OTT
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de EDM
      Logo de NYI
      Logo de WSH
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de VGK
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de CBJ
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de FLA
      Logo de WSH
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de COL
      Logo de EDM
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de BOS
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de EDM
      Logo de NYR
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de NYR
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de ARI
      Logo de ARI
      TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
      2383 500 000 $77 232 977 $0 $1 700 000 $6 267 023 $
      Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
      Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
      7 150 000 $7 150 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 5
      1 775 000 $1 775 000 $
      C, AG
      RFA - 1
      5 850 000 $5 850 000 $
      AD, C
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
      AG
      RFA - 3
      1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
      C, AG
      RFA - 2
      Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
      1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
      AD
      RFA - 1
      4 300 000 $4 300 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 4
      3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
      C, AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
      AD, AG
      RFA - 2
      775 000 $775 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
      C, AD
      UFA - 1
      1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
      AD, AG
      UFA - 1
      Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
      886 667 $886 667 $
      DG/DD
      RFA - 1
      863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
      DD
      RFA - 1
      2 725 000 $2 725 000 $
      G
      UFA - 2
      Logo de Bruins de Boston
      3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
      DG
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
      DD
      RFA - 1
      1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
      G
      UFA - 3
      1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
      DG
      RFA - 1
      Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
      1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
      DD
      UFA - 1
      Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
      2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
      DG
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
      DD
      UFA - 3
      1 275 000 $1 275 000 $
      DD
      UFA - 1
      8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
      AD, AG
      UFA - 1
      3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
      AD
      UFA - 1
      5 291 667 $5 291 667 $
      C, AD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
      • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
      29 mai 2023 à 18 h 40
      Bandwagon fairweathe
      Rejoint: juin 2018
      Mentions "j'aime": 3,230
      Hopefully Cooley and geekie ready to go a year later, geekie probably gets his 9 games in next year. I like your build, would be nice to find some hungry youth to grow with the franchise.
      KrakenTheCode a aimé ceci.
      29 mai 2023 à 18 h 44
      Bandwagon fairweathe
      6 and 12 in the draft could be rather great adds also, I’m kind of hoping mitchkov falls to 6, or benson or reinbacher at 6 and probably another solid add at 12.
      29 mai 2023 à 18 h 47
      LongtimeLeafsufferer
      Rejoint: juill. 2015
      Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
      Forbert has a M NTC and you can be sure Arizona isn't on trade list.

I kinda disagree with your analysis. There are not enough PAYING fans...who actually attend games to make a franchise in Arizona viable.

Don't think I'm centring out the Arizona fans that actually go to games, but there just isn't enough of them. I feel the same way about when folks talk about a franchise going back to Quebec City. IMO thre isn't enough fans or business in Quebec City that could sustain an NHL franchise long term.
      29 mai 2023 à 19 h 23
      Banni
      Rejoint: mai 2023
      Mentions "j'aime": 136
      Change it to your 2023 2nd round pick then maybe, probably have a deal for calen addison
      29 mai 2023 à 20 h 22
      Rejoint: août 2020
      Mentions "j'aime": 86
      Minnesota accepts
      29 mai 2023 à 20 h 42
      Démarrer sujet
      Rejoint: juill. 2022
      Mentions "j'aime": 474
      Quoting: palhal

I kinda disagree with your analysis. There are not enough PAYING fans...who actually attend games to make a franchise in Arizona viable.

Don't think I'm centring out the Arizona fans that actually go to games, but there just isn't enough of them. I feel the same way about when folks talk about a franchise going back to Quebec City. IMO thre isn't enough fans or business in Quebec City that could sustain an NHL franchise long term.

Part of the problem with attendance figures is that Arizona plays in ASU's hockey arena right now, which has a capacity of around 5000. Naturally the lower amount of seating leads to lower ticket revenues. That's why getting the Coyotes a viable arena is of such critical importance. Right now the rumor is that Suns owner Mat Ishbia is looking at buying the Yotes and having them play in the Suns' arena, which is much larger. I think finding a permanent larger home will do wonders with attendance figures and revenue. What will also help: fielding a competitive team with future promise. The Phoenix area is the 10th largest by population in the US; the potential to sustain the Coyotes franchise is there.

As for Forbort, his M-NTC is just a 3 team list. It's entirely possible Arizona is one of those teams, and if that's the case, so be it. The Coyotes will have to patch their defense another way. But you never know.
      Bigred_Minny a aimé ceci.
      29 mai 2023 à 20 h 45
      Bandwagon fairweathe
      Quoting: palhal

I think it’s still possible in Arizona, but the costs of the gamble possibly not worth the continued exercise. If the suns/coyotes had the same owner and brand new building downtown or in Scottsdale possibly, state of the art facilities, I think it’s possible. As far as Quebec goes, I think they should watch what they wish for, coming from a jets fan, having a 30 dollar ticket to a junior game and a budget to do it as many times as you want in a year, I believe is better than saving for the nhl 2/3 times a year. But just a personal opinion.

Répondre
      To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
      Question:
      Options:
      Ajouter une option
      Soumettre le sondage