What would a guentzel trade look like

Créé par: Pens3lieve
Équipe: 2023-24 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 19 mai 2023
Publié: 19 mai 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Assuming guentzel comes with an extension

Fans of other teams: what would you offer for Jake guentzel???
Transactions
PIT
    Winger for mackinnon?
    COL
    1. Guentzel, Jake
    Détails additionnels:
    What would the cost be?
    PIT
      Another scorer to complement their two way Centres
      LAK
        Jake Guentzel
        PIT
          Minnesota connection and they need goals
          Pit would retain to help make the cap work
          MIN
            Jake Guentzel
            PIT
              They have a good cap situation and could use a star scorer
              SEA
                Jake Guentzel
                PIT
                  Assuming a colossal shakeup is happening so who knows
                  TOR
                    Jake Guentzel
                    Rachats de contrats
                    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
                    Logo de PIT
                    Logo de NJD
                    Logo de PIT
                    Logo de PIT
                    Logo de FLA
                    Logo de TOR
                    Logo de PIT
                    Logo de PIT
                    Logo de VGK
                    Logo de PIT
                    Logo de PIT
                    Logo de PIT
                    Logo de PIT
                    Logo de PIT
                    Logo de PIT
                    Logo de PIT
                    Logo de PIT
                    Logo de PIT
                    Logo de PIT
                    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
                    2083 500 000 $58 623 093 $0 $172 500 $24 876 907 $
                    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
                    Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
                    863 333 $863 333 $
                    C, AG
                    RFA - 1
                    8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
                    C
                    NMC
                    UFA - 2
                    5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
                    AD, AG
                    NMC
                    UFA - 5
                    859 167 $859 167 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
                    C
                    RFA - 2
                    6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
                    C
                    NMC
                    UFA - 3
                    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
                    AD, AG
                    M-NTC
                    UFA - 5
                    925 000 $925 000 $
                    AD
                    RFA - 1
                    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
                    C, AD
                    UFA - 2
                    775 000 $775 000 $
                    AD, AG
                    RFA - 1
                    844 167 $844 167 $
                    AG
                    RFA - 2
                    3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
                    AD, C
                    NMC
                    UFA - 1
                    859 167 $859 167 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
                    C
                    RFA - 2
                    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
                    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
                    DG/DD
                    UFA - 2
                    6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
                    DD
                    NMC
                    UFA - 5
                    1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
                    G
                    UFA - 1
                    4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
                    DG
                    M-NTC
                    UFA - 2
                    2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
                    DD
                    M-NTC, NMC
                    UFA - 2
                    886 667 $886 667 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
                    G
                    RFA - 3
                    825 000 $825 000 $
                    DG
                    RFA - 1
                    800 000 $800 000 $
                    DD
                    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
                    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
                    19 mai 2023 à 20 h 12
                    Rejoint: mai 2016
                    Mentions "j'aime": 6,101
                    The Kings have plenty of scoring from the wings. They don't need another, especially someone that will cost as much as Guentzel. They'd rather use that money on defense.
                    Pens3lieve a aimé ceci.
                    19 mai 2023 à 20 h 15
                    Rejoint: juin 2021
                    Mentions "j'aime": 383
                    I don't know what the obsession with Guentzel trades is right now. FSG is pretty clear about thinking the Pens can still compete. There's only one scenario I can see a Jake trade: if the Pens are very clearly out of the playoff running by the trade deadline.

Assuming that's the case and an extention is negotiated, I'd expect something equal to the Horvat trade at the very least. Jake's arguably the best winger Sid has had for a long period of time, and is one of the best snipers in the league. Since 2018-19, he's tied with Debrincat and Sheifele for 14th most goals and tied with Draisaitl for 6th most even strength goals (According to StatMuse).
                    So roughly a 1st, an A/B tier prospect, and a middle-six winger or something of similar or greater value.
                    Pens3lieve, OldNYIfan et JSEB93 a aimé ceci.
                    19 mai 2023 à 20 h 33
                    Once a Kings Fan Too
                    Rejoint: juin 2018
                    Mentions "j'aime": 24,580
                    Los Angeles is the wrong destination for Jake Guentzel. We don't have the roster space or the cap room for him. We have 11 forwards on the roster now, all of whom will probably make the 2023-2024 team, plus 4 RFAs including Rasmus Kupari and Gabe Vilardi, who obviously will make the team next season. As for money, I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say that the only way we would go through the contortions necessary to make room for him on the roster is if he were free, because every dollar of cap space we could assemble should be put towards filling the crater at #2 LhD.
                    Pens3lieve a aimé ceci.
                    20 mai 2023 à 0 h 19
                    Banni
                    Rejoint: mai 2023
                    Mentions "j'aime": 136
                    Minnesota doesn't need a winger and they aren't trading for about to be free agent who they won't keep long term due to needing to sign kaprizov
                    20 mai 2023 à 10 h 55
                    Mentions "j'aime": 1,271
                    Quoting: Haymaker26
                    I don't know what the obsession with Guentzel trades is right now. FSG is pretty clear about thinking the Pens can still compete. There's only one scenario I can see a Jake trade: if the Pens are very clearly out of the playoff running by the trade deadline.

Assuming that's the case and an extention is negotiated, I'd expect something equal to the Horvat trade at the very least. Jake's arguably the best winger Sid has had for a long period of time, and is one of the best snipers in the league. Since 2018-19, he's tied with Debrincat and Sheifele for 14th most goals and tied with Draisaitl for 6th most even strength goals (According to StatMuse).
                    So roughly a 1st, an A/B tier prospect, and a middle-six winger or something of similar or greater value.

It is because he is a UFA next offseason. And will likely go for 8 x 8. He'll be 29 at that point I believe, and I do not think it is wise for the Penguins to sign another almost 30+ year old to a multi year contract. Also wouldn't be wise to lose him for nothing. So that's the challenge here.
                    20 mai 2023 à 13 h 57
                    Mentions "j'aime": 383
                    Quoting: pensfan21
                    It is because he is a UFA next offseason. And will likely go for 8 x 8. He'll be 29 at that point I believe, and I do not think it is wise for the Penguins to sign another almost 30+ year old to a multi year contract. Also wouldn't be wise to lose him for nothing. So that's the challenge here.

I get the concern, but we're not talking about just another 30+ year old.

Here's where I stand: I don't really care about the future right now. Guentzel is an elite part of our core in his prime. Malkin, Letang, Rakell, and Rust are already signed long term on contracts that won't be very good by the time they're done. What's one more win now contract for a team that's a few seasons away from a long, hard rebuild? This team's immediate future is a more pressing issue than the far-off consequences of actions that will benefit us in the short term.
                    And we'll need players to actually fill the roster while we draft and develop the next group. Jake and Rust seem like good candidates to me for leadership roles to bridge the gap between the Big 3 and their successors.
                    20 mai 2023 à 17 h 3

Here's where I stand: I don't really care about the future right now. Guentzel is an elite part of our core in his prime. Malkin, Letang, Rakell, and Rust are already signed long term on contracts that won't be very good by the time they're done. What's one more win now contract for a team that's a few seasons away from a long, hard rebuild? This team's immediate future is a more pressing issue than the far-off consequences of actions that will benefit us in the short term.
                    And we'll need players to actually fill the roster while we draft and develop the next group. Jake and Rust seem like good candidates to me for leadership roles to bridge the gap between the Big 3 and their successors.

8 x 8 contract is massive though. 8 years could potentially be going past the rebuild even. I think it's fair to wonder if this teams best years are behind them after last year. I don't know whether that is the case or not, but I don't think we should go into this offseason assuming they will contend past 2-3 more years. Need to take it year by year when you have a core this old. I get wanting to win now, but having 0 concern for the future when we haven't won a playoff series in 5 years and declined even further the last year I feel could be really disastrous for the future of the team. That contract could be completely immovable by time we rebuild. Then at that point were looking at significantly extending the rebuild making it much longer than it has to be. I guess my concern is that we don't even know whether we'll be a true contender next year so the best thing to do if keep our draft picks this offseason and then wait and see. If we are in a wildcard spot at the deadline or lower then I think we have to trade him. Especially if we are not looking good at that point. I get what your saying completely but an 8 x 8 for this team could be disastrous given how almost every contract on the team will be a negative in 2-3 more years. I just don't think it's a certainty that we even contend next year, maybe they come back and shock us showing they have a ton left in the tank, maybe it declines even worse than this year. But I don't want to do anything super drastic until we see for certain.
                    20 mai 2023 à 17 h 13
                    Démarrer sujet
                    Hockey IQ
                    Rejoint: mai 2019
                    Mentions "j'aime": 1,466

Quoting: pensfan21
                    8 x 8 contract is massive though. 8 years could potentially be going past the rebuild even. I think it's fair to wonder if this teams best years are behind them after last year. I don't know whether that is the case or not, but I don't think we should go into this offseason assuming they will contend past 2-3 more years. Need to take it year by year when you have a core this old. I get wanting to win now, but having 0 concern for the future when we haven't won a playoff series in 5 years and declined even further the last year I feel could be really disastrous for the future of the team. That contract could be completely immovable by time we rebuild. Then at that point were looking at significantly extending the rebuild making it much longer than it has to be. I guess my concern is that we don't even know whether we'll be a true contender next year so the best thing to do if keep our draft picks this offseason and then wait and see. If we are in a wildcard spot at the deadline or lower then I think we have to trade him. Especially if we are not looking good at that point. I get what your saying completely but an 8 x 8 for this team could be disastrous given how almost every contract on the team will be a negative in 2-3 more years. I just don't think it's a certainty that we even contend next year, maybe they come back and shock us showing they have a ton left in the tank, maybe it declines even worse than this year. But I don't want to do anything super drastic until we see for certain.

Honestly, I would be OK if we play it by ear and don’t extend Guentzel yet… At the deadline if we are securely in a playoff spot, we can give him an extension, but if we’re on the fringes at all, then I say trade him
                    20 mai 2023 à 17 h 19
                    Quoting: Pens3lieve
                    Honestly, I would be OK if we play it by ear and don’t extend Guentzel yet… At the deadline if we are securely in a playoff spot, we can give him an extension, but if we’re on the fringes at all, then I say trade him

That's fair. I think if our season is at all similar to how last season went and we are in a similar spot as last deadline we should trade him. Like in order to extend him (which I would be hesitant about anyways) I think we'd have to be almost locked in to a playoff spot. Like at the point where something would have to go horribly wrong for us to not make it. My biggest concern is the beating that Guentzel takes. He's one of the toughest players in the league and I respect that a ton. How he's not afraid to go to the net and absorb hits. He has a great heart. Just worry how that will affect him later on and if he'll be able to keep up his production much longer.
                    Pens3lieve a aimé ceci.

Répondre
                    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
                    Question:
                    Options:
                    Ajouter une option
                    Soumettre le sondage