Forums/Armchair-GM

trouba read for wings and ranger fans

Créé par: buffbry
Équipe: 2023-24 Red Wings de Detroit
Date de création initiale: 16 mai 2023
Publié: 16 mai 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
To all wings fans do you want trouba after this read at 8M chariot part 2? Mo is 9+ and Lucas 6-7 next year too. This is an article written by a rangers beat writer

Rangers fans, is this accurate?

I’ve absolutely had it with the intangibles discussion in hockey. Harping on non-measurable traits is a cop-out for poor talent evaluators to cling to outdated philosophies on the skillsets that matter. It’s great everyone likes Jacob Trouba, that he’s a swell guy.

He stinks at hockey.

That’s the end of the discussion for me.

Trouba has repeatedly shown an inability to make high level hockey plays. He was repeatedly too slow to catch up to Devil skaters, knocked off of pucks in his own zone, fired terrible shots into legs, at the glass and into the chest of the goalies.

The tangible impact Trouba has on the components of actually playing hockey: Offense, defense and transition are middling. He’s an average NHL defensemen who once had 50 points in a season on a good Winnipeg Jets team.

The Rangers’ as an organization have for whatever reason prioritized non-measurable traits and are getting what they deserve. Not only was Trouba ineffective as a hockey player, he was ineffective as a leader.

Hiring a player’s coach like Gallant means that it’s incumbent upon the veterans on the team to police poor play and lead the way by example.

Instead they get violent hits that feed a primitive hunger for bloodlust. The hockey men love Trouba because he’s a callback to the hockey they grew up watching and playing. He’s tall, he’s American, he’s well spoken. He’s the quintessential good American boy.

But, underneath all of that, Trouba wants to win. Being that he can’t influence the game by trying to play offense or defense, he has to throw predatory hits on susceptible opponents.

Don’t give me clean hit. I don’t care. No, it wasn’t a penalty, it won’t receive supplemental discipline, by rule, it’s clean. I don’t care. The only reason Trouba is throwing that hit on Devils’ winger Timo Meier is because he can’t do anything else to influence the game.

If he could make a positive offensive play or skate into good position to take away Meier’s ice to spring the team going the other way, he would.

Instead, Trouba has to feel like he’s contributing to the team. So he throws those brutal hits on guys who aren’t even looking. The “have your head up rhetoric,” is asinine. It’s the exact same rhetoric the gun lobby uses to justify arming the country to the teeth.

“Don’t be a victim,” they exclaim, “defend yourself.”

Trouba tucks his elbow in and uses his shoulder to inflict a car accident level impact in a 2-0 game. Notice how Trouba throws these hits in situations where he can hide behind the guise of “firing up the team.”

You know what would fire up the team?

A successful zone exit and a possession in the offensive zone that didn’t end in a shot that hit someone in the eighth row of the lower bowl.

I don’t particularly care that this is the way hockey has always been. To quote George Carlin “We made them up, like the Boogeyman, we can change them whenever we want.” Sure, Carlin was discussing the Bill of Rights, but the point remains.

Hockey doesn’t need to be ignorant of traumatic head injuries to provide entertainment. This is entertainment, pretending these types of plays are an unavoidable component of hockey is ignorant and reinforcing a victim blaming philosphy.

Naming Trouba captain was a validation of the 2021-2022 season. That he would be able to shepherd the group out of any trouble. Without a tactically competent coach, it was on Trouba and the rest of the leadership group to establish the right mindset and attitude for the entire season.

Instead, we got a season of “just wait for the playoffs,” you’ll see. Kinda like how I’m still waiting for Trouba the defensive defenseman to show up.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
31 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
22 500 000 $
Transactions
NYR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (VAN)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (DET)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de DET
Logo de NYI
Logo de DET
Logo de STL
Logo de MIN
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de BOS
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DAL
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de BOS
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de STL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2082 500 000 $65 147 222 $0 $5 257 500 $17 352 778 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
905 833 $905 833 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
AG
RFA - 3
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 8
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C, AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 460 000 $1 460 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
C
RFA - 3
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 1
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
RFA - 3
Logo de Rangers de New York
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
G
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 mai 2023 à 10 h 17
adam.
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 79
I ain't reading allat
buffbry, NYRDAN, Fox_Czar_Cup and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2023 à 10 h 19
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 79
I usually greatly disagree with Zararis. I think he is a hack and for me the article this was a part of proves it for me. Sure Trouba may not be worth his 8m AAV, but he is still a good defenseman. When things are going well, Rangers fans and writers praise their team, but when they lose, the sky is falling, and all the high prices players all of a sudden stink. It is exhausting.

Also, I would not trade Trouba for a 2nd and a 3rd. That's not enough.
buffbry et pavelisgoat a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2023 à 10 h 21
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,636
You can be sure that no Eastern Conference team is going to help the Rangers with their cap. Now maybe if the Wings like Trouba at let's says 6m (Rangers retain 2m) the Wings give up 7th rounder
buffbry a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2023 à 10 h 23
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,636
Quoting: Bbousa
I usually greatly disagree with Zararis. I think he is a hack and for me the article this was a part of proves it for me. Sure Trouba may not be worth his 8m AAV, but he is still a good defenseman. When things are going well, Rangers fans and writers praise their team, but when they lose, the sky is falling, and all the high prices players all of a sudden stink. It is exhausting.

The issue is whether you can get better value for 8m in other player(s) for 8m. If you can, then a return for Trouba is rather meaningless. The Rangers have absolutely no leverage with Trouba's NTC.
buffbry a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2023 à 10 h 25
Joe
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,566
Quoting: crimsonchin23
I ain't reading allat

Good for you, though. Or sorry that it happened.
buffbry a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2023 à 10 h 48
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,025
Your take on Trouba is a little off. There's nothing wrong with him as a player. He's a fine 2nd pairing D man and at 4-5 million a year, he's absolutely fine. The issue is he's not paid that and it hamstrings the Ranger roster. He'd be a great addition for a team that needs backend toughness and leadership. He could really make Mo a beast because Trouba is the biggest hitting defenseman in the game. Issue is he holds 0 value right now. New Yor won't pay to move their captain and no one else will pay to take on that deal. If there was only a single year left, I could see someone taking that on. But not with that much term left, he makes 1.5 million less than Adam Fox
buffbry et Octopus_Guy a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2023 à 10 h 50
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,451
I hope Nick wrote this from his safe space with his comfort animal near by. I suggest he stop watching hockey if legal physical contact upsets him so and watch pickle ball instead. Meanwhile, the Rangers will be happy to keep paying Trouba to do what he does and no thanks on that trade offer.
16 mai 2023 à 10 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Buffbry
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,350
Quoting: Caniac2000
Your take on Trouba is a little off. There's nothing wrong with him as a player. He's a fine 2nd pairing D man and at 4-5 million a year, he's absolutely fine. The issue is he's not paid that and it hamstrings the Ranger roster. He'd be a great addition for a team that needs backend toughness and leadership. He could really make Mo a beast because Trouba is the biggest hitting defenseman in the game. Issue is he holds 0 value right now. New Yor won't pay to move their captain and no one else will pay to take on that deal. If there was only a single year left, I could see someone taking that on. But not with that much term left, he makes 1.5 million less than Adam Fox

This wasn't my take this was a ranger beat writer. I was just putting it out there to see if ranger fans agree and if wings fan still want him at 8M with all these cons
16 mai 2023 à 10 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Buffbry
Quoting: Onlyfairtrades1
I hope Nick wrote this from his safe space with his comfort animal near by. I suggest he stop watching hockey if legal physical contact upsets him so and watch pickle ball instead. Meanwhile, the Rangers will be happy to keep paying Trouba to do what he does and no thanks on that trade offer.

To be fair I don't want him at any price, this is just what ranger and wings fans have semi-agreed to on this site. This was just to see if wings still want trouba after reading this and if ranger fans think it's accurate
16 mai 2023 à 11 h 33
Quoting: buffbry
To be fair I don't want him at any price, this is just what ranger and wings fans have semi-agreed to on this site. This was just to see if wings still want trouba after reading this and if ranger fans think it's accurate

That's fine, like I said, the Rangers are happy to keep him.
buffbry a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2023 à 11 h 37

What is most telling about Nick's opinion of Trouba's hits is he points out the Hit on Timo as if it was a problem for the game of hockey, yet, you know who wasn't upset by the hit and actually told Trouba is was a good hit......Timo himself, because he is a hockey player and not a want to be hockey player like this silly beat writer.
16 mai 2023 à 13 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 68
Quoting: Bbousa

That’s enough for trouba. If he waived I don’t think he’d even get that good of an offer. First thing he isn’t waiving his no trade clause or not until his wife is finished up her medical school stuff. Second he’s not that good with a horrible contract a second and third is prob too much to give for him.
16 mai 2023 à 14 h 10
B
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
All about the NMC. After next year, not till then. We would retain 2.5m for 2 years. Guess what? We'd get 2 2nds minimum all day long
16 mai 2023 à 14 h 13
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 333
Just off reading this, I can tell this writer never played hockey himself, an absolute moron. What a little **** hahaha
16 mai 2023 à 14 h 16
Quoting: Onlyfairtrades1

Yes! I don’t know who Nick is but this hits the nail on the head
16 mai 2023 à 14 h 19

Reading this doesn’t change my opinion at all haha. Some hack writer berating a player matters zero to my opinion. I would take Trouba. I wouldn’t pay a hefty price for him but I would pay a 2nd and 3rd
16 mai 2023 à 15 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Buffbry
Quoting: pavelisgoat
Reading this doesn’t change my opinion at all haha. Some hack writer berating a player matters zero to my opinion. I would take Trouba. I wouldn’t pay a hefty price for him but I would pay a 2nd and 3rd

Crazy for that salary, I wouldn't touch him
16 mai 2023 à 16 h 20
Crazy for that salary, I wouldn't touch him

I mean you wouldn’t want to sign him at that salary for another 6 years. But for a few years on a non-cap-strapped team, it’s perfectly fine

Edit: and his real salary of 6 mil in the final two years probably would make us more willing
16 mai 2023 à 16 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Buffbry
I mean you wouldn’t want to sign him at that salary for another 6 years. But for a couple years on a non-cap-strapped team, it’s perfectly fine

Mo + Raymond + Larkin extension and upgrading the team means they don't have as much cap in future years. I wouldn't want him for anything more then 5
16 mai 2023 à 16 h 29
Mo + Raymond + Larkin extension and upgrading the team means they don't have as much cap in future years. I wouldn't want him for anything more then 5

I know they have less so I’m not saying to uselessly throw it away. But I can’t see Raymond getting as high an aav on an 8 year deal as some think. Likely either reasonable (less than Stutzle by a fair bit) or a bridge. Then if you aren’t signing a bunch of ufa’s to big contracts we still have plenty of room and Trouba at 8 keeps us disciplined as to how we spend our money. Once his 3 years are up, potentially we will be paying more to Edvinsson, other D, Berggren etc. but I think up to that point I wouldn’t be worried about it
buffbry a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2023 à 16 h 30

To add, I agree you wouldn’t want to do, say Debrincat AND Trouba, but doing one doesn’t hurt you imo
buffbry a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2023 à 16 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Buffbry
I know they have less so I’m not saying to uselessly throw it away. But I can’t see Raymond getting as high an aav on an 8 year deal as some think. Likely either reasonable (less than Stutzle by a fair bit) or a bridge. Then if you aren’t signing a bunch of ufa’s to big contracts we still have plenty of room and Trouba at 8 keeps us disciplined as to how we spend our money. Once his 3 years are up, potentially we will be paying more to Edvinsson, other D, Berggren etc. but I think up to that point I wouldn’t be worried about it

I hear ya, I just don't like trouba, especially for that price I guess. I think there are way better options and don't want to get saddled with chariot part 2
16 mai 2023 à 17 h 35
I hear ya, I just don't like trouba, especially for that price I guess. I think there are way better options and don't want to get saddled with chariot part 2

Yeah that’s fair. Tell me you don’t hate him as much as this writer though please haha. I’m not going to say he plays up to the 8mil. But, I do strongly disagree with the writer on Trouba bringing more elements. Toughness and defensive play. Would be a really nice partner for someone like Edvinsson to grow up with. Does a good job in front of the net, will stand up for his teammates, stays at home, etc.
buffbry a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2023 à 22 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Buffbry
Yeah that’s fair. Tell me you don’t hate him as much as this writer though please haha. I’m not going to say he plays up to the 8mil. But, I do strongly disagree with the writer on Trouba bringing more elements. Toughness and defensive play. Would be a really nice partner for someone like Edvinsson to grow up with. Does a good job in front of the net, will stand up for his teammates, stays at home, etc.

I dislike him enough that I wouldn't want him on my team for more then 4M, but not as much as the writer no lol

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage