Arizona has a problem

What should happen to the Coyotes?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

20 mars 2023 à 14 h 55
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,589
So, before I go on fantasizing a nationwide league, we have to talk about this. The Arizona Coyotes are easliy the worst off active franchise right now. Attendance has been dropping, the franchise has been losing money, and the team just hasn't been good for a while (and don't use they're first round appearance in 2020 as evidence against this). And the fact that they now play at mullet arena doesn't help either. This team is falling and fast. But, there is some good news here. Once you hit rock bottom, where else can you go? UP! But still, had to ask, do you think the Coyotes should relocate or cease existing, or do you think they should grind it out? Let me know in the comments. The poll will close this Saturday.
20 mars 2023 à 14 h 57
Démarrer sujet
and proud of it
So honestly, I think there's a better chance that the Atlanta Thrashers or the Quebec Nordiques get resurrected than for Arizona to continue on as they are, so why not relocate them to one of the two places?
20 mars 2023 à 15 h 11
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,338
Houston is the best non NHL market currently, admittedly, that makes it maybe more of an expansion candidate but if the league wants to keep 32 teams, Houston
Shanesaw9 a aimé ceci.
24 mars 2023 à 13 h 8
the great one
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 65
Halifax Please
24 mars 2023 à 14 h 46
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,338
Quoting: Rightwing513
Halifax Please

halifax is simply too small of a market, they might have the diehard fanbase but they wouldn't have a big fanbase, i would think Quebec City or Toronto getting a 2nd team are more likely if we're looking at a 9th Atlantic team
24 mars 2023 à 15 h 10
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,473
Quoting: Litening95
So honestly, I think there's a better chance that the Atlanta Thrashers or the Quebec Nordiques get resurrected than for Arizona to continue on as they are, so why not relocate them to one of the two places?

It probably has to be to a western city not the east because they don’t feel like changing the conferences
25 mars 2023 à 15 h 44
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,691
Vancouver...
25 mars 2023 à 16 h 35
Démarrer sujet
and proud of it
Quoting: McGruff
Vancouver...

Already have one
25 mars 2023 à 18 h 2
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,691
Quoting: Litening95
Already have one

Vancouver...
(sarc)
29 mars 2023 à 12 h 45
the great one
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 65
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
halifax is simply too small of a market, they might have the diehard fanbase but they wouldn't have a big fanbase, i would think Quebec City or Toronto getting a 2nd team are more likely if we're looking at a 9th Atlantic team

i agree but i am atlantic canadien and halifax is the best market
29 mars 2023 à 16 h 57
Démarrer sujet
and proud of it
The one guy who voted stay must be an Arizona fan
29 mars 2023 à 17 h 27
to be banned soon
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 541
i am honestly all in for contraction of this team, their existence alone is poisonous enough for the sport's image and the dispersal of all the money being shoveled in to keep this dying mutt on life support would greatly benefit the rest of the teams that haven't been poisoned bettman's influence

the fanatics deal walked so that the future tempe coyotes could sprint
29 mars 2023 à 18 h 28
Démarrer sujet
and proud of it
Quoting: SnakeDelilah
i am honestly all in for contraction of this team, their existence alone is poisonous enough for the sport's image and the dispersal of all the money being shoveled in to keep this dying mutt on life support would greatly benefit the rest of the teams that haven't been poisoned bettman's influence

Ok trur but does Buttman want to just end a team and lose all the money he pumped into it or make more money by relocating where he spends money in the first place?
29 mars 2023 à 18 h 28
Démarrer sujet
and proud of it

Ok true but does Buttman want to just end a team and lose all the money he pumped into it or make more money by relocating where he spends money in the first place?

I am by no means advocating for Arizona's existence, but I would like franchises in other places, and I think relocating is more affordable for the league than starting from scratch.
29 mars 2023 à 20 h 24
to be banned soon
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 541
Quoting: HockeyManiac95
Ok true but does Buttman want to just end a team and lose all the money he pumped into it or make more money by relocating where he spends money in the first place?

I am by no means advocating for Arizona's existence, but I would like franchises in other places, and I think relocating is more affordable for the league than starting from scratch.

focus on the teams you have right now instead of trying to expand when you're actively bleeding money
29 mars 2023 à 21 h 8
Démarrer sujet
and proud of it
focus on the teams you have right now instead of trying to expand when you're actively bleeding money

Part of focusing on your "right now" teams is focusing on the team that's bleeding and deciding whether you want it cleaned or scared. That could mean relocation
29 mars 2023 à 22 h 6
A WILD Golden Gopher
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 140
If we're speaking on market size alone, they should relocate to Houston or Atlanta. However, Arizona has become a hot bed for snow birds who've brought their love of hockey with them. Along with the NHL and the Coyotes organization in general, they've built a growing youth hockey program. That being said, I think Vegas is more likely to capture future fans of the sport that reside in Arizona than the Coyotes ever will. My vote is for them to stay unless Houston or Atlanta become serious candidates to the point of expansion talks becoming anything more than gossip. In which case, I'd rather relocate the 'yotes to the new market & remain at 32 teams than endure another expansion draft.
HockeyManiac95 a aimé ceci.
13 avr. 2023 à 16 h 55
Habs 2010
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 941
I think Arizona has a future in the NHL, however the franchise is a total mess right now. Playing in an arena that is smaller than most CHL rinks (imagine Bedard gets drafted there and has to play in that arena... he sells out WHL rinks).

Then there is the issue that they have to buy dead cap just to make the salary cap floor... which is embarrassing for the league. They are essentially circumventing the cap to stay alive instead of competitive.

Lastly, they are the worst road trip for any team in the Central division (not to mention their own travel schedule is not ideal being in the central).

Assuming the NHL plans on staying with the current division format, the obvious choice is Houston.

If the NHL expands in the future I could see Arizona returning after Quebec and Atlanta.
HockeyManiac95 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage