Forums/Armchair-GM

MoJo again I guess

Créé par: MNCountryClub
Équipe: 2022-23 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 28 févr. 2023
Publié: 28 févr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Bc it went so well last time, let's try it again....
Transactions
WSH
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (MIN)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de BOS
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de TOR
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $82 306 921 $0 $682 500 $193 079 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 4
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Capitals de Washington
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C
UFA - 7
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance600 000 $$600K)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 2
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
787 500 $787 500 $
G
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 2
795 000 $795 000 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DD
RFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
28 févr. 2023 à 15 h 32
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
I'm whelmed. He was pretty meh the first time we acquired him. Maybe he meshes better with this current roster and he at least provides some playmaking for Boldy.
MNCountryClub a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 15 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,891
Quoting: TanSor
I'm whelmed. He was pretty meh the first time we acquired him. Maybe he meshes better with this current roster and he at least provides some playmaking for Boldy.

I'm underwhelmed. Not optimistic, but I guess we'll see.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 15 h 49
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 121
I feel this is so Greenway gets traded and that line 3 is a newly formed BGF line and hope that can be the shutdown line for the playoffs while L1 and L2 become true scoring lines.

Greenway has to be gone.
28 févr. 2023 à 16 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: CJ1909
I feel this is so Greenway gets traded and that line 3 is a newly formed BGF line and hope that can be the shutdown line for the playoffs while L1 and L2 become true scoring lines.

Greenway has to be gone.

Yeah could be part of a larger plan and I should probably reserve judgement until after TDL. However, if this is the "top 6 scoring help for Boldy" move that's been alluded to, it rightfully deserves to get panned. Probably best to just wait and see what all unfolds this week.
CJ1909 a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 16 h 6
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
So a light the tires and kick the fires trade? Not liking this at all.
MNCountryClub et CJ1909 a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 16 h 49
Quoting: drmantalban
Yeah could be part of a larger plan and I should probably reserve judgement until after TDL. However, if this is the "top 6 scoring help for Boldy" move that's been alluded to, it rightfully deserves to get panned. Probably best to just wait and see what all unfolds this week.

Quoting: wabit
So a light the tires and kick the fires trade? Not liking this at all.

In lots of ways it's perplexing. He's an undersized forward that hasn't scored in over a month while time and space is much less in the playoffs...... yes, we need to wait until after the deadline.
28 févr. 2023 à 17 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Quoting: CJ1909
In lots of ways it's perplexing. He's an undersized forward that hasn't scored in over a month while time and space is much less in the playoffs...... yes, we need to wait until after the deadline.

Who's the undersized FWD, the 2024 3rd round pick? MarJo is 6'1 200 lbs, he's just just slow and plays like he's 5'10".
CJ1909 a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 17 h 7
Quoting: wabit
Who's the undersized FWD, the 2024 3rd round pick? MarJo is 6'1 200 lbs, he's just just slow and plays like he's 5'10".

Good call, he plays so hunched over it seems like he is 5'9
28 févr. 2023 à 22 h 58
Mentions "j'aime": 122
Pretty predicatble trades today. I figured we would buy a forward for that 3rd (a lot better than the deslauries trade last year lol). MoJo is having a better year than anyone in our bottom six (Minus Ek/Gaudreau). If it was another forward with the same production I feel like the fanbase would be happier. I like the Nyquist trade hopefully he gets healthy asap. Lastly, I hope we flip Greenway for a more solidified top 6 forward because Foligno should be in Reaves spot come playoffs. And maybe add another physical depth D-man.
jnowariak a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2023 à 9 h 29
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,794
Really like the Nyquist move but I think the MoJo move helps the team by getting Foligno off the Ek-Boldy line. I think you have to view this through the lens of whether or not Dean will play him in the top 6 and in this case he will b/c he knows MoJo. IDK if he would anybody else. If you view this as a “can you upgrade on Foligno in the top 6,” this accomplishes that to a degree. But yeah, underwhelming.

And thins all but confirms Greener is gone before Friday.
1 mars 2023 à 10 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: jnowariak

And thins all but confirms Greener is gone before Friday.

Can you explain that? I've seen that take a few times and I guess I'm not seeing why that essentially confirms it? I'm not doubting you, I just legitimately don't follow.
jnowariak a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2023 à 11 h 14
Can you explain that? I've seen that take a few times and I guess I'm not seeing why that essentially confirms it? I'm not doubting you, I just legitimately don't follow.

So, the Wild need to clear his cap for next season. Period. Next, we have too many bottom 6 players as it was and JoJo/Nyquist trades just exacerbate that issue, we should be carrying no more than 2 extra forwards. This gives us 3/4 and we can call up Beckman if we run into injuries. Finally, Greenway is going to bring back SOMETHING since he’s exactly the kind of forward GMs covet for the playoffs. Finally, BG is actively trying to deal him.
1 mars 2023 à 11 h 51
Démarrer sujet
So, the Wild need to clear his cap for next season. Period. Next, we have too many bottom 6 players as it was and JoJo/Nyquist trades just exacerbate that issue, we should be carrying no more than 2 extra forwards. This gives us 3/4 and we can call up Beckman if we run into injuries. Finally, Greenway is going to bring back SOMETHING since he’s exactly the kind of forward GMs covet for the playoffs. Finally, BG is actively trying to deal him.

But why would he have to be moved by Friday vs. this offseason? I know he's being shopped, but I'm not convinced Guerin will move him unless he gets somewhat close to what he wants back.

From a roster numbers perspective, Nyquist is on IR for awhile and you can always waive Steel if it really comes down to it. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you get a huge cushion come playoffs in terms of how many players you can carry?

I guess I just don't see why it HAS to be before TDL. I see it as could be Friday or could be this offseason. Maybe I'm missing something still.
1 mars 2023 à 12 h 6
But why would he have to be moved by Friday vs. this offseason? I know he's being shopped, but I'm not convinced Guerin will move him unless he gets somewhat close to what he wants back.

From a roster numbers perspective, Nyquist is on IR for awhile and you can always waive Steel if it really comes down to it. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you get a huge cushion come playoffs in terms of how many players you can carry?

I guess I just don't see why it HAS to be before TDL. I see it as could be Friday or could be this offseason. Maybe I'm missing something still.

I think it’s by the TDL b/c it’s SOOO important that he gets moved. There’s a real chance they’d have to pay to move him in the off-season.

This is one of those moves where it’s not about the return and more about getting it done. With JoJo and Nyquist, Greener is a 4th liner. He’s just redundant and if you have the opportunity to move him, you have to.

And enough with the waiving Steel thing, it’s entirely a moot point.
1 mars 2023 à 12 h 22
Démarrer sujet
I think it’s by the TDL b/c it’s SOOO important that he gets moved. There’s a real chance they’d have to pay to move him in the off-season.

This is one of those moves where it’s not about the return and more about getting it done. With JoJo and Nyquist, Greener is a 4th liner. He’s just redundant and if you have the opportunity to move him, you have to.

And enough with the waiving Steel thing, it’s entirely a moot point.

Yeah I guess your thought process makes more sense to me now, so I appreciate the explanation.

I don't know that I agree, since your entire argument is predicated on the assumption that it's more valuable to move Greenway now than it is to pay whatever it costs to move him this offseason (and that's again assuming he does indeed cost money to be moved).

In other words, you're concerned enough about the cost to move him this offseason and the redundancy of him this year that you're willing to hustle through a deal, even if it's suboptimal?

May I ask what exactly you think he'd cost to be moved this offseason?
jnowariak a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2023 à 12 h 41
Yeah I guess your thought process makes more sense to me now, so I appreciate the explanation.

I don't know that I agree, since your entire argument is predicated on the assumption that it's more valuable to move Greenway now than it is to pay whatever it costs to move him this offseason (and that's again assuming he does indeed cost money to be moved).

In other words, you're concerned enough about the cost to move him this offseason and the redundancy of him this year that you're willing to hustle through a deal, even if it's suboptimal?

May I ask what exactly you think he'd cost to be moved this offseason?

I value the certainty of moving him more than I value any return you’d get for him. That means if somebody says I’ll give you a 4th, I take it because it’s one less thing to worry about in the off-season and I can focus on signing guys rather than moving money to sign guys. Maybe he would actually bring something back in the off-season, IDK. But he’s gotta be moved since we can’t afford a 3 mil player in the bottom 6.

For perspective, it cost PHI a 2nd to move Ghost last year with 4.5 mil AAV. But again, it’s all because you need his cap space that you move him at the first opportunity.

I also don’t see Greenway as a piece that can’t already be replaced with the current roster so I don’t see the downside of moving him.
1 mars 2023 à 12 h 55
Démarrer sujet
I value the certainty of moving him more than I value any return you’d get for him. That means if somebody says I’ll give you a 4th, I take it because it’s one less thing to worry about in the off-season and I can focus on signing guys rather than moving money to sign guys. Maybe he would actually bring something back in the off-season, IDK. But he’s gotta be moved since we can’t afford a 3 mil player in the bottom 6.

For perspective, it cost PHI a 2nd to move Ghost last year with 4.5 mil AAV. But again, it’s all because you need his cap space that you move him at the first opportunity.

I also don’t see Greenway as a piece that can’t already be replaced with the current roster so I don’t see the downside of moving him.

Yeah I suppose that's fair. I certainly don't mind the idea of dealing Greenway by Friday, I guess I'm just slightly less convicted to have it happen sooner vs later.

But then again, I also have some slight concerns about durability with Nyquist, Johansson, Foligno, Hartman, even Duhaime a little bit. So I don't hate the idea of losing a little value on Greenway if it means more depth/redundancy/injury insurance.

But I do think you make some good points and I'm certainly not gonna be bent out of shape if he gets dealt. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
jnowariak a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2023 à 12 h 57
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,708
I think Wild fans here will end up liking him more than his first stint. Coming back to Washington really seemed to rejuvenate his game and he should be a nice, low cost depth guy who you might be able to re-sign in the offseason for cheap. Playing on a line with speedier options than Backstrom and Oshie should also help his play.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage