Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,877
So whats the conditions of the 5th round picks
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,877
Quoting: McSorley
This will age well when Matthews, Nylander, and Marner are gone and Toronto is a bottom 5 team again.

By then McDavid will be pulling a JT and come home grin

Seems like a nice trade off
python3504 et MadLin27 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 3
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 246
This is a good trade for the Leafs, not sure if Chicago can really be disappointed, but given the fact that both players have term, and there is retention on 2 more years of McCabe, I say the Leafs win the deal.

McCabe is the jewel here for Toronto. I am not completely convinced they needed to spend their remaining assets on D, but I do think this was the best target available for the price, and getting him for 2 years past this one at $2M gives the Leafs a bottom 4 group that rivals any in the NHL, all signed next year at a total cap hit of $5.7M. That's exceptional value.

I think the Leafs strategy seems to be compile a massive list of useful depth options so Keefe can construct a large variety of different looks. The Leafs are probably the best equipped team in the NHL to handle injuries. They have constantly juggled their lines, they don't rely on any one offensive duo or player to drive the bus, pretty much every member of the top 6 has spent some time with every other player, and they can probably construct the strongest 5th forward group and 4th D pair in the NHL. Whether or not it's the best strategy remains to be seen, but it sure seems like Dubas is betting that as long as Keefe has pretty much every type of option available to him, he can construct lines that will have success in their role against just about any opponent.

The Leafs have now spent as much to acquire McCabe, O'Reilly, Acciari, and Lafferty as New Jersey spent on Meier. It remains to be seen if the collection of players will be more impactful (personally I would rather have Meier), but the Leafs are definitely as deep as they have ever been, and I don't think there is another team as well equipped to handle the injuries that typically go along with a deep playoff run. The team has been relatively healthy this year, and probably has the biggest list of NHL calibre talent ready to go in the event of injury, or even just to come in and shake things up if things aren't clicking.

The Atlantic is going to be a gauntlet, but I think the Leafs trades represent more of an upgrade (in total) than what Boston or Tampa has been able to do so far. I don't know if it's enough, but they are definitely going for it, and I do think they have done a good job keeping that window open for the next 4-5 years by holding onto their young players and near NHL ready prospects throughout. It seems like Dubas understands the window isn't one and done, but it's also not extending for 5 or more years down the road either.
Ritzy, jr400, pinslack and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 3
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: kaljakori
I was a bit worried first when the tweet dropped, but with 50% retained on McCabe and both players having term, the players going out being throwaways/reclamation projects at best and a protected pick with late-round draft capital coming back, this actually looks very decent for how wild the market has been.

This was a bargain for Toronto. I'm assuming the market is drying up with so many buyers having finished early. Sellers will now be taking what they can get.
With only 9 Western teams still vying for a playoff spot, all but 1 of them will make it in anyway. Might explain why there's less action there. Most of them can afford to wait it out.
kaljakori a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 5
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,572
Quoting: dgibb10
Examples of this include...?

Quoting: Random2152
Kapanen was a big one recently, but generally most leafs trades that involve our depth players. People like you all yell about how they're worthless, and then they get traded for their actual value and you freak out.

You'd think people would learn but here you stand

I'll give you an early one right now for example.

If a kerf trade happens before the deadline, I'd expect a pick in the 55-80 (ish) area, or equivalent value between picks and contracts
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 8
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Honestly that’s a really fair trade, maybe even a slight Toronto win.
MadLin27 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 18
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,091
Kapanen was a big one recently, but generally most leafs trades that involve our depth players. People like you all yell about how they're worthless, and then they get traded for their actual value and you freak out.

You'd think people would learn but here you stand

1st and a mediocre prospect (who they traded back to the penguins for expansion protection) for Kapanen 3 years ago?
When at the time Kapanen was a 23 year old productive NHLer?
Is that it?
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 18
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 176
Quoting: CFMan
L by Davidson. Mccabe 50% retained for a couple years is worth a first and second alone. Basically making it Lafferrty for an echler and an ahl tweener. Even worse is that CHI wont get those picks for a long time. Davidson couldnt even get 1 player under 21?

The retaining salary part is the only reason you get a 1st for these guys.
jr400 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 18
Just Keep Swimming
1st and a mediocre prospect (who they traded back to the penguins for expansion protection) for Kapanen 3 years ago?

And people were yelling he was barely worth a late 2nd. Enough of your ****
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 19
I Love J Boqvist
I'll give you an early one right now for example.

If a kerf trade happens before the deadline, I'd expect a pick in the 55-80 (ish) area, or equivalent value between picks and contracts

When they get a random AHLer or retain 50% do you plan to do what you did here and blatantly misappropriate value again?
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 21
Just Keep Swimming
When they get a random AHLer or retain 50% do you plan to do what you did here and blatantly misappropriate value again?

Lmao we aren't retaining half good God.
I cannot believe that with all the crap you say you're accusing me of wild values
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 21
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,587
Wow another bad day for clowns on CF who were saying these two would get a huge return and laughed at my offers, only to get less than i proposed. Boom

Terrific.

The East is just stupid lmao

Great trade for the Leafs. LETS GO

No offense man but your propsoing way less here. Niemala has had a rough year. Kerfoot isnt very valuble
Xavier02 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 23
Mentions "j'aime": 546
Quoting: drambui
now which leafs so called ''top four d'' will be getting benched in thr playoff? holl or sandin?

I don’t know if they’re planning any more moves – I think an insurance goalie like Korpisalo would be nice if they don’t have to give up anything significant to get him – but if they are then they’ll probably try to trade Holl to free up cap space. If my calculations are correct, they have enough to bring Murray back from LTIR, but it’s close.
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 23
Respect Mike Grier
GREAT TRADE for the Leafs, Davidsson proves once again he is incompetent. He sells low on two assets that the market values. Good Players playing on below market price contracts with term. Leafs are going all in and i'm here for it.
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 24
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
No offense man but your propsoing way less here. Niemala has had a rough year. Kerfoot isnt very valuble

I've had this same convo about 3 times. I imagine you're overvalued the 1st in this trade by a lot, and kerf is worth a late 2nd/early 3rd or equivalent (which is exactly what we traded instead).

Also, Dont discount Topi so readily, especially after the love fest that people gave Mook yesterday despite the fact that he is much worse
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 25
I Love J Boqvist
I've had this same convo about 3 times. I imagine you're overvalued the 1st in this trade by a lot, and kerf is worth a late 2nd/early 3rd or equivalent (which is exactly what we traded instead).

Also, Dont discount Topi so readily, especially after the love fest that people gave Mook yesterday despite the fact that he is much worse

Mukh is unbelievably clear of Topi
BigBallsBriere et Xavier02 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 25
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 451
Is that it?

yes they sold high, once he left he turned into a pumpkin, if they held onto him they would have thrown him on waiver and lost him for nothing like the pens did.
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 27
Just Keep Swimming
Mukh is unbelievably clear of Topi

Lmao
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 30
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: python3504
yes they sold high, once he left he turned into a pumpkin, if they held onto him they would have thrown him on waiver and lost him for nothing like the pens did.

Not a single asset acquired in that deal ever played a game for the leafs organization. Rodrigues went back to Pitt in UFA, Hallander was immediately traded back along with a 7th for mccann who also never played for the leafs, and the pick got a brain tumour unfortunately.

Kapanen was pretty good his first year in pitt
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 31
Kyle from Chicago
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,799
The conditions on the leafs picks are as follows “if the leafs don’t make the 2nd round this year the 5th and 6ths become chicagos 2024 and 2025 first round picks.
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 31
I Love J Boqvist
Lmao

Significantly smaller, worse skater, worse hands, less upside, putting up worse numbers in a worse league.
Xavier02 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 32
Just Keep Swimming
Significantly smaller, worse skater, worse hands, less upside, putting up worse numbers in a worse league.

If NYR hadn't traded up to take Schneider, you wouldn't be pretending any of this crap is true
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 32
Kyle from Chicago
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,799
Quoting: aadoyle
So whats the conditions of the 5th round picks

If the leafs don’t make it past the first round in 2023, then the fifth round picks upgrade to first round, picks in 2024 and 2025.
Ritzy a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 33
I Love J Boqvist
If NYR hadn't traded up to take Schneider, you wouldn't be pretending any of this crap is true

are you suggesting 6 foot 3 is smaller than 5 11, 194 lbs is smaller than 169 lbs, and the finnish league is better than the KHL?
Xavier02 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 15 h 33
Respect Mike Grier

Meh I see Kerfoot getting traded for a 3rd at most if he's dealt and it would be from a contender so it would be mid to late, but he would have negative value in the case he was getting traded to Chicago because he's a UFA and Chicago has no need, and going through the hassel of trading him again isnt worth it.

Niemala isnt better than Muk. Niemala has struggled to produce has a offensive Dman in one of the worst pro leagues. Muk has been a solid 2 Way D in the KHL for 3 Years also has the size factor.
dgibb10, Xavier02 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage