SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #12: Judgement Day Approaches

27 févr. 2023 à 11 h 52
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Four days remain before the deadline passes. The past few days have been busy, but we still have a few big splashes to go.

(this name might have been a bit too edgy)
NoVaSpartan, justaBoss, csick and 2 others a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 12 h 18
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336

First time i've heard a GM say he overpaid after making a trade
capsfan2121, Saskleaf, CantStopWontStop and 5 others a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 12 h 21
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

First time i've heard a GM say he overpaid after making a trade

That pretty good reasoning
27 févr. 2023 à 12 h 28

Parayko trade??? He might just be injured or it's a maintenance day or something but rumour mill doesn't care
CantStopWontStop, Sharkie69 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 12 h 43
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Since this is the actual trade deadline week in the league, I shall once more make my projections of the potential landing spots of the Top20 players in the TSN’s Trade Bait list

1. Patrick Kane - NYR. Obviously. Doesn’t seem like he wants to go anywhere else, and it seems NYR has been preparing their cap situation just for the purpose of adding Kane at the end of the week.

2. Jakob Chychrun - CBJ. Still think Kekäläinen plans to move Gavrikov for a 1st, and then use that first, alongside a haul of prospects to bring Chychrun in the team.

3. Jake McCabe - TOR. This is where he’s been rumored the most.

4. Vladislav Gavrikov - EDM. I still expect Holland to blink on this one, they need a defensive D-man and with the options getting more and more limited, Gavrikov gradually becomes more interesting. The asking price is huge, but EDM does have what it takes to land the player.

5. Luke Schenn - TB. Their former cup winner. Works as a Foote replacement.

6. Sam Lafferty - LA. Out of the playoff teams, Kings’ PK is one of the worst ones, they need help in that department. Lafferty as a decent defensive forward does that for them.

7. James Van Riemsdyk - VGK. I reckon Vegas will add a winger during this deadline with Stone out, and JVR seems like the best option in the market for now.

(side note: at 8th position the list actually has STL’s first round picks here, but I’m focusing towards players here so I’m skipping this one, and lifting every player in the list by one position)

8. Lars Eller - SEA. Could use a defensive veteran C with their relatively young core. Their PK is ass, they could use some help.

9. Shayne Gostisbehere - SEA. Another potential Kraken acquisition. They lack ability during special teams, I think Ghost would bolster their PP, which ranks only 22nd league-wide.

10. Carson Soucy - stays put. I gotta wonder why Kraken would trade him during their playoff race, unless it is to add.

11. Brock Boeser - stays put. Should he get moved, I think it’ll be an offseason move.

12. Mattias Ekholm - stays put. Too big of a contract to move midseason I think. Will be dealt during the draft I wager. Some rumors suggest EDM might be interested in him…but I wonder about the money. Plus since I had Gavrikov going there they don’t need Ekholm anymore lol.

13. Erik Karlsson - stays put. Very similar story. I don’t see anyone having the funds to pull this acquisition now.

14. Cam Talbot - LA. They need some goalie depth. Don’t trust Copley-Quick tandem to bring them the results they want, or stay healthy.

15. James Reimer - stays put.

16. Jesse Puljujärvi - stays put. I don’t see teams being that interested in him, especially with his cap hit. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets waived in order to create cap space (or dumped if EDM decides to pull something a bit bigger)

17. Nick Bjugstad - NYI. Big bodied depth forward, sounds like something Lou would like.

18. Gustav Nyquist - ARI. In the aforementioned “Chychrun-Gavrikov 3-way trade” CBJ needs to shed some cap, and Nyquist’s contract could be used as means to do that..

19. Nick Jensen - stays put. I think WSH will re-sign him.

20. Nick Schmaltz - stays put. I’d be flabbergasted if he moves during this deadline.
CantStopWontStop, NoVaSpartan, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 12 h 44
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 465

Parayko trade??? He might just be injured or it's a maintenance day or something but rumour mill doesn't care

I feel he took a hit from behind 2 games ago and he had season low minutes of 19 last game against Pittsburg. Maybe maintenance but I’ll speculate everything but that in my mind.

Edit: Even tho they’re opposite sides, if Parayko moves it’s likely Chychrun comes to stl. It’s a cap scenario to move one of 3 6.5 aav defensemen or the Chychrun deal isn’t possible I believe, even if it’s from the wrong side. Who knows what stl does for their right side if this happens. Parayko plays a whole lot of minutes. Like a lot.
Sharkie69 et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 23
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,691
McCabe-Lafferty CHI trade in the works as per JM Show SN.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 28
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,914
Tampa and Toronto both heading towards a first round elimination at this point.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 30
What in tarnation

Whoa
CantStopWontStop, zk97, Saskleaf and 2 others a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 31
do not Devil my ass
Mentions "j'aime": 4,248
Quoting: justaBoss
3. Jake McCabe - TOR. This is where he’s been rumored the most.

DING DING DING DING DING
BeterChiarelli, justaBoss, BuFfaLOFaN and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 34
What in tarnation
Quoting: Tintin
DING DING DING DING DING

Lafferty didn't work though
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 34

Whoa

Every team in the east is going all in, Boston, Tampa, Toronto, NJ, NYR. Carolina if they want to compete need to do something ( also the east will absolutely crush whichever team comes out of the west )
yikes, justaBoss, capsfan2121 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 35
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,881
Quoting: CoopsTroops
Tampa and Toronto both heading towards a first round elimination at this point.

Hey u want to tie then we combine our rosters vs. Boston
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 37
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817
Every team in the east is going all in, Boston, Tampa, Toronto, NJ, NYR. Carolina if they want to compete need to do something ( also the east will absolutely crush whichever team comes out of the west )

**** carolina for not outbidding njd on meier
"were the most aggressive weve ever been" - Dundon

now Carolina is gonna get pumped
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 38
Hakuna Matata

Whoa

After we traded for ROR I said this was gonna happen

Didnt know the package but said McCabe + Lafferty were coming
justaBoss et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 38
So uhh, Carolina has to do something now right, Tampa, Toronto, NJ, NYR, Boston have all added, i pity whichever teams make the WC in the east, i also pity whichever god teams lose in round 1 in the east
yikes, CantStopWontStop, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 38
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 465
I do gotta say, and maybe this gets me on some ignore lists:

My opinion is Edmonton for Parayko makes sense if Parayko wants to play there. Canada, especially west, does have a harder time attracting term. Parayko’s 6.5aav is actually quite nice for a cap strapped team (see: Darnell Nurse’s aav).

Edmonton is $ in $ out. Stl is player in player out.

The fit and cap implications would be Ceci and Puljujarvi.

I think Ceci has no negative or positive value. His aav is 3.25, which is reasonable for his performance. He is not outstanding relative to other nhl defensemen. He has 2 years left after this. This fits the Blues retool window. I think Puljujarvi has slight positive value. Perhaps a late round pick. Edmonton doesn’t want to admit that, and neither do many fans, but he isn’t absolute garbage, he was just overhyped and not developed properly.

Parayko has positive value, especially considering term has value to western Canadian teams, but a portion of that is offset because his term does go beyond age 35.

So the deal that makes sense is those 3 skaters, then Edmonton pays in either draft picks or prospects to even out the values.

My suggestion is a 1st and 2nd (or prospect of that value) Ceci and Puljujarvi for Parayko and laffrerrie (blues are player in player out).

I do not think the Blues can get Evan Bouchard unless Edmonton knows he will be moving on as the rfa process continues or that Edmonton knows they will not be able to afford his next contract this offseason.

If Bouchard is included, I don’t know how to make it work for Edmonton’s cap. Ceci is included above because it does fit the cap and player in out requirements. As a blues fan, Bouchard as a return would be killer.
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 39
Rutta 4ever
Mentions "j'aime": 3,914
Quoting: aadoyle

That could be arranged.
aadoyle et Devil a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 39
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,268
Dubas going all in despite weeks ago saying he wouldn't mortgage the future. Dudes really scared about losing his job.
CantStopWontStop, dannibalcorpse, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 40
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,268

Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 40
What in tarnation

No need.

Buffalo will drop them in the first round awesome face
Hurricanes_WPG et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 40
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Dubas going all in despite weeks ago saying he wouldn't mortgage the future. Dudes really scared about losing his job.

I mean, he's kind of forced to go all in, have you seen what the other teams in the east are doing, they have to keep up
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 41
I make typos
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991

Whoa

I'm man enough to admit that I am honestly kinda jealous of leafs fans, they have GM that has the balls to take the risk and improve their team
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 42
Hakuna Matata
No need.

Buffalo will drop them in the first round awesome face

Honestly wouldnt be surprised is another CBJ vs. TBL happened

62 wins then CBJ got the broom

Dont see a sweep but there is potential for another Pres Trophy curse
justaBoss et CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 43
What in tarnation
Honestly wouldnt be surprised is another CBJ vs. TBL happened

62 wins then CBJ got the broom

Dont see a sweep but there is potential for another Pres Trophy curse

I think what's required for that to happen is a fast and young team that BOS just might underestimate.

Out of teams in the verge of a playoff spot Buffalo is the most competitive in that regard. Detroit might be second.

Don't think teams like PIT, FLA or NYI have any chances at all.
CantStopWontStop a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage