Forums/Armchair-GM

My Guess on Kane

Créé par: GM69
Équipe: 2022-23 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 24 févr. 2023
Publié: 24 févr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Yes per cap friendly this puts them over the cap even with accrual. In the real world, if you trade/waive Leschyshyn on/by 2/26/23, and trade Kravtsov on the trade deadline (3/3/23) you would have just enough space to get Kane at 75% retained (only by about 16k). It really limits any moves until the playoffs (in terms of call ups, etc.). They also may start sending Scheider down to the AHL on off days (he's waivers exempt) just to save as much as possible.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Kane, Patrick
12 625 000 $
Transactions
NYR
    "Future Considerations" (retention on kane, see secondary trade)

Happens on/before 2/26
    NYR
      Extra Retention on Kane (50% after 50% retained by chicago, 2.625m cap hit)
      ANA
      1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (NYR)
      2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2025 (NYR)
      NYR
        Patrick Kane (2.625m after ANA retention)

Happens on 3/3/23 (tdl day)
        CHI
        1. Kravtsov, Vitali
        2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
        3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (NYR)
        Détails additionnels:
        **CONDITION: IF NYR WIN THE CUP, CHICAGO GETS NY 2024 1ST ROUND PICK AND NYR KEEP BOTH 2ND ROUNDERS (2023, 2024)
        Rachats de contrats
        Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
        Logo de DAL
        Logo de COL
        Logo de NYR
        Logo de WPG
        Logo de NYR
        Logo de NYR
        Logo de NYR
        Logo de NYR
        Logo de NYR
        Logo de NYR
        Logo de DAL
        Logo de NYR
        Logo de MIN
        Logo de NYR
        Logo de NYR
        TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
        2182 500 000 $85 303 969 $0 $3 700 000 $-2 803 969 $
        Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
        Logo de Rangers de New York
        6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
        AG
        NMC
        UFA - 5
        8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
        C
        NMC
        UFA - 8
        3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
        AD
        NTC
        UFA - 1
        11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
        AG
        NMC
        UFA - 4
        5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
        C, AD
        NMC
        UFA - 7
        Kane, Patrick
        2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
        925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
        AG, AD
        RFA - 1
        2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
        C, AG
        UFA - 1
        2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
        AD
        RFA - 2
        1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
        AG, AD
        UFA - 1
        3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
        C, AG
        M-NTC
        UFA - 5
        750 000 $750 000 $
        AD, AG
        UFA - 1
        Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
        3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
        DG
        RFA - 2
        9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
        DD
        UFA - 7
        5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
        G
        UFA - 3
        1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
        DG
        UFA - 1
        8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
        DD
        NMC
        UFA - 4
        1 500 000 $1 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance50 000 $$50K)
        G
        NMC
        UFA - 1
        925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
        DG
        RFA - 1
        925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
        DD
        RFA - 2
        Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
        750 000 $750 000 $
        DG
        UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
        • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
        24 févr. 2023 à 10 h 59
        Rejoint: nov. 2018
        Mentions "j'aime": 6,242
        Kane is going to cost a 1st + Top prospect/young roster player (Laf or Kakko) + roster player/cap dump + 3rd for another team to retain, not what essentially adds up to 2 2nd's and a 4th
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 1
        Démarrer sujet
        GM
        Rejoint: juill. 2016
        Mentions "j'aime": 316
        Quoting: Campabee
        Kane is going to cost a 1st + Top prospect/young roster player (Laf or Kakko) + roster player/cap dump + 3rd for another team to retain, not what essentially adds up to 2 2nd's and a 4th

You are going to be SERIOUSLY disappointed in the return if this is what you expect. He's not getting anything close to that especially if he says "only NYR" which is what seems to be happening
        NYRDAN, Josh et busters99 a aimé ceci.
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 3
        Quoting: GM69
        You are going to be SERIOUSLY disappointed in the return if this is what you expect. He's not getting anything close to that especially if he says "only NYR" which is what seems to be happening

I don't care whether he is moved or not, I have no skin in this game as I am a Habs fan. However even if he says NY or nowhere, why would the Hawks move him for a BS package?
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 7
        Démarrer sujet
        GM
        I don't care whether he is moved or not, I have no skin in this game as I am a Habs fan. However even if he says NY or nowhere, why would the Hawks move him for a BS package?

It's already been reported that the 2023 1st, Laf, Kakko, Othmann and Cuylle are off limits.

It's also better to get a potential 1st (two seconds at worst) and Kravtsov over nothing when he signs elsewhere in free agency. He's not going to stay through a multiple year rebuild. Kane literally controls the outcome here.

For NYR- Kane is not a necessity. They made their moves. The ONLY way he comes to NYR is if he says only NY. I expect chicago will definitely get better offers (none close to what you proposed though) but Kane controls the outcome.
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 8
        It's already been reported that the 2023 1st, Laf, Kakko, Othmann and Cuylle are off limits.

It's also better to get a potential 1st (two seconds at worst) and Kravtsov over nothing when he signs elsewhere in free agency. He's not going to stay through a multiple year rebuild. Kane literally controls the outcome here.

For NYR- Kane is not a necessity. They made their moves. The ONLY way he comes to NYR is if he says only NY. I expect chicago will definitely get better offers (none close to what you proposed though) but Kane controls the outcome.

If those are off limits then you can forget about Kane, simple as that!
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 9
        Rejoint: mars 2022
        Mentions "j'aime": 6
        You nailed this, NYR and Kane have the leverage if it is really NYR or nothing from Kane this will be the deal
        GM69 a aimé ceci.
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 13
        Démarrer sujet
        GM
        If those are off limits then you can forget about Kane, simple as that!

take the emotion out of it.

Say you are running a business. You have an asset that expires at the end of this year. Do you sell the asset now for the best return you can get, or hold onto it for nothing in return for your future?

Hockey is a business when all is said and done.
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 16
        take the emotion out of it.

Say you are running a business. You have an asset that expires at the end of this year. Do you sell the asset now for the best return you can get, or hold onto it for nothing in return for your future?

Hockey is a business when all is said and done.

Carolina would give up more to take Kane, the best course of action for the Hawks if the Rags take all that off the table is to try to convince Kane to go to another contender that is more willing to give up more.
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 19
        Démarrer sujet
        GM
        Carolina would give up more to take Kane, the best course of action for the Hawks if the Rags take all that off the table is to try to convince Kane to go to another contender that is more willing to give up more.

I'm not saying Carolina wouldn't. I'm saying, it's all in Kane's hands. I've said that consistently. "The only way NYR get Kane is if he says only NYR". In that instance, he doesn't waive for any team regardless of what they offer chicago, and the trade does not go through.
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 22
        I'm not saying Carolina wouldn't. I'm saying, it's all in Kane's hands. I've said that consistently. "The only way NYR get Kane is if he says only NYR". In that instance, he doesn't waive for any team regardless of what they offer chicago, and the trade does not go through.

The Hawks won't just accept any BS offer just cause you say they will though, they will get back a 1st ++ regardless of whether it's just NY or any contender. You have to pay to play the game at the TDL
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 25
        Carbon
        Rejoint: juill. 2017
        Mentions "j'aime": 48

Option 1: Lose Kane and get literally zero in return
        Option 2: Lose Kane and get at least something in return
        Option 3: Lose Kane and get an absolute massive haul for him

Option 3 only exists in your mind. Options 1 and 2 are your only real courses of action. Kane and the Rangers have the upper hand here. Chicago has almost zero leverage.
        GM69 a aimé ceci.
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 27
        Démarrer sujet
        GM
        The Hawks won't just accept any BS offer just cause you say they will though, they will get back a 1st ++ regardless of whether it's just NY or any contender. You have to pay to play the game at the TDL

Again, as I've stated. NYR do not. Kane is not a necessity for them as they've made their moves already. Would they try to fit Kane? Who wouldn't. But it's going to be on their terms, not chicago's. There is something called Leverage and Chicago has NONE of it. Kane has leverage, and NYR have leverage.

All and all, I'm done repeating myself. If you don't like it that's fine with me.
        NYRDAN a aimé ceci.
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 33
        Quoting: carbonxe
        Option 1: Lose Kane and get literally zero in return
        Option 2: Lose Kane and get at least something in return
        Option 3: Lose Kane and get an absolute massive haul for him

Option 3 only exists in your mind. Options 1 and 2 are your only real courses of action. Kane and the Rangers have the upper hand here. Chicago has almost zero leverage.

Arguing with you two is pointless cause you think the Hakws have zero leverage, reality is their leverage is a HOF player in Patrick Kane. They don't have to move him but will if they get a good package back and 2 2nd's + a BS bust prospect is not a good package.
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 36
        Carbon
        Arguing with you two is pointless cause you think the Hakws have zero leverage, reality is their leverage is a HOF player in Patrick Kane. They don't have to move him but will if they get a good package back and 2 2nd's + a BS bust prospect is not a good package.

"My family is starving and I could sell this artwork to pay for some food. You know what, I'd rather just burn the artwork and let my family starve"
        GM69 et NYRDAN a aimé ceci.
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 38
        Démarrer sujet
        GM
        "My family is starving and I could sell this artwork to pay for some food. You know what, I'd rather just burn the artwork and let my family starve"

this made me chuckle. some people just don't get the real/business world. at the end of the day, it's always better to have something than nothing. kid is acting like Kane is still in his prime and NYR are desperate.
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 40

Hawk's aren't "starving" LMAO, they have something you want (badly) and don't have to move it if you don't want to pay for it. Using your analogy, it would be like taking 250K for the Mona Lisa just cause it appears like you need the money
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 42
        Démarrer sujet
        GM

The definition of leverage is the power to influence a person or situation to achieve a particular outcome. If/Kane says "I'll only waive for NYR", that removes any and all leverage that Chicago has. They either trade him to NYR, or lose him for nothing. Overall, it's a lose, lose situation for Chicago. A win/lose for Kane. Or a win/neutral for NYR.
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 45
        Jaromir_Jagr_the_leg
        Rejoint: juill. 2019
        Mentions "j'aime": 787
        I no joke think it’ll be Kane for kravtsov Jones and a 3rd lol, drury clearly feels he’s getting a cheap cheap deal otherwise he wouldn’t do it
        GM69 a aimé ceci.
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 49
        Carbon
        Hawk's aren't "starving" LMAO, they have something you want (badly) and don't have to move it if you don't want to pay for it. Using your analogy, it would be like taking 250K for the Mona Lisa just cause it appears like you need the money

If you were in possession of the Mona Lisa and knew for a fact that it would be set on fire and destroyed tomorrow, you wouldn't sell it? You'd rather just sit on the asset until it burns to the ground and has literally zero value?

Or say you have millions in Apple stock and knew that tomorrow Tim Cook was going to reveal himself as the second coming of Hitler and cease all production and means of profit, you wouldn't sell that stock? You'd hold onto it until it reaches $0?
        24 févr. 2023 à 11 h 54
        Démarrer sujet
        GM
        If you were in possession of the Mona Lisa and knew for a fact that it would be set on fire and destroyed tomorrow, you wouldn't sell it? You'd rather just sit on the asset until it burns to the ground and has literally zero value?

Or say you have millions in Apple stock and knew that tomorrow Tim Cook was going to reveal himself as the second coming of Hitler and cease all production and means of profit, you wouldn't sell that stock? You'd hold onto it until it reaches $0?

The better analogy would be you have a car that'll depreciate to $0 in the summer, you are limited to one buyer currently (kane saying "only nyr"), they (nyr) are offering $100 even though it's (kane) worth $200. Do you take it?
        24 févr. 2023 à 12 h 30
        Future Ducks legend
        Rejoint: juin 2022
        Mentions "j'aime": 6,049

Because Kane can limit his trade partner to only NYR, meaning no bidding war, meaning no leverage for CHI to demand a high price. If CHI doesn't accept, then he becomes a FA and they have nothing. Chicago's not in a position to let pride keep them from accruing draft capital.
        GM69 a aimé ceci.
        24 févr. 2023 à 13 h 17
        Quoting: GiggywithGibby
        Because Kane can limit his trade partner to only NYR, meaning no bidding war, meaning no leverage for CHI to demand a high price. If CHI doesn't accept, then he becomes a FA and they have nothing. Chicago's not in a position to let pride keep them from accruing draft capital.

PLD also is rumored to only be willing to sign in Montreal long term and is headed there in FA, does that mean Winnipeg has to take 2 2nds and Norlinder for him? No just like PLD Kane will get full value even if he limits movement to just NYR. BTW he hasn't even said whether or not he will waive and definitely hasn't said publicly it will be NYR or nothing.
        24 févr. 2023 à 14 h 1
        ALjet12
        Rejoint: juin 2018
        Mentions "j'aime": 315

Because if Kane does not decide to waive his no trade clause because he can't go to the Rangers than Chicago loses him at the end of the year for no return. That would make Kyle Davidson look like a moron.
        24 févr. 2023 à 14 h 5
        Démarrer sujet
        GM
        PLD also is rumored to only be willing to sign in Montreal long term and is headed there in FA, does that mean Winnipeg has to take 2 2nds and Norlinder for him? No just like PLD Kane will get full value even if he limits movement to just NYR. BTW he hasn't even said whether or not he will waive and definitely hasn't said publicly it will be NYR or nothing.

There is a large difference between those two players. Kane is a 34 year old pending UFA having a bad season with a full NMC and PLD is a 24 year old RFA with no trade protection. Kane also won't be signing long term with NYR while the expectation is that PLD will. Again, proving you don't understand the business at all. Keep drumming up stuff that is completely (and easily) refutable.
        24 févr. 2023 à 14 h 14
        ALjet12
        Rejoint: juin 2018
        Mentions "j'aime": 315

The difference is PLD is more of an asset due to his ability to help Winnipeg in the playoffs Kane is not helping CHI in the Playoffs. Also PLD is a upcoming RFA they WPG can trade his rights in the summer while Kane will be gone in free agency with no control from CHI.

Répondre
        To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
        Question:
        Options:
        Ajouter une option
        Soumettre le sondage