Équipe: 2022-23 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 18 févr. 2023
Publié: 22 févr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Montreal buys out Peterson in the offseason
Transactions
TBL
  1. Dadonov, Evgeni (2 500 000 $ retained)
MTL
  1. Portillo, Erik [Liste de réserve]
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (BUF)
WPG
  1. Drouin, Jonathan (2 500 000 $ retained)
MTL
  1. Laferriere, Alex [Liste de réserve]
  2. Petersen, Cal
  3. Spence, Jordan
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (LAK)
  5. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (LAK)
  6. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (LAK)
Détails additionnels:
If Eddy doesn’t play at least 50% of the Kings playoff games then Montreal doesn't receive 2nd round pick

Breakdown:
Laferriere for Allen
2nd + 3rd for Eddy
1st + Spence for taking Peterson's contract
MTL
  1. Gunler, Noel
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (CAR)
Détails additionnels:
2nd upgrades to 2023 1st if Monahan plays at least 50% of the Canes playoff games and the Canes make the ECF
CAR
  1. Monahan, Sean (3 187 500 $ retained)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de FLA
Logo de LAK
Logo de MTL
Logo de CAR
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de PIT
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de BUF
Logo de COL
Logo de LAK
Logo de MTL
Logo de LAK
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $70 354 999 $1 132 500 $5 372 500 $12 145 001 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 8
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 3
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 4
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
UFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
825 000 $825 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
862 500 $862 500 $ (Bonis de performance12 500 $$12K)
AD, AG
RFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 3
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance507 500 $$508K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
820 000 $820 000 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DD
RFA - 2
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
828 333 $828 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
766 667 $766 667 $
DD
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 févr. 2023 à 7 h 47
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,456
Yeah, Monahan won’t be playing for the Canes this year. And probably won’t at all during his career.
22 févr. 2023 à 7 h 50
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 511
Kings aren't interested in paying high level assets for your mid players.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2023 à 7 h 51
Subbanator
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,312
Monohan doesn't have value, he used to, he was playing like his old self but no one is taking the risk on him anymore.

Don't think Buffalo really needs Savard or would value him that highly.

Savard, Allen and Edmundson are all likely better to be saved for rental deadline deals later in their contracts. Wait till their last year's, retain 50% and get what you can. Even if the Habs wait till then they likely still get the same returns as right now. Also allows the Habs to spread out this rebuild and have pieces for years down the line, not just a bunch of pieces from 2022-2024.
22 févr. 2023 à 8 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,386
Quoting: McSorley
Kings aren't interested in paying high level assets for your mid players.

Kings are one of the most common teams reportedly to have interest in those two players and they aren't giving up high value assets for either of them. Eddy's return is a 2nd (conditional on GP) and a 3rd, while Allen is being acquired for a C prospect in Laferriere. If you had read the description the 1st and Spence were the cost to dump the 3 years of Peterson's contract.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2023 à 8 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Monohan doesn't have value, he used to, he was playing like his old self but no one is taking the risk on him anymore.

Don't think Buffalo really needs Savard or would value him that highly.

Savard, Allen and Edmundson are all likely better to be saved for rental deadline deals later in their contracts. Wait till their last year's, retain 50% and get what you can. Even if the Habs wait till then they likely still get the same returns as right now. Also allows the Habs to spread out this rebuild and have pieces for years down the line, not just a bunch of pieces from 2022-2024.

Monahan's trade is fair value for a middle 6 center with injury issues, the conditions are added just incase he overcomes them and helps the Canes get to the ECF series. Gunler was a good prospect but isn't exactly thriving in his 3rd year after being drafted. Value wise this is equivalent to a 2nd + 3rd or 2-2nds max.

Quoting: evelutions2
Yeah, Monahan won’t be playing for the Canes this year. And probably won’t at all during his career.

Maybe, maybe not but he is still an upgrade on anything you already have not on the first line.
22 févr. 2023 à 8 h 41
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,016
We have absolutely no need or desire to dump Petersen's contract, so take him, Spence and the first out of the offer. It's totally unrealistic for people to think that a $3.875 million cap hit buried in Ontario is a must-panic-dump-now burden on a well-managed team when it can be bought out in 2024 at minimal cost. The whole idea that we would pay such a price to move him just so YOU could buy him out one year earlier makes this an even sillier process.

With Petersen in Ontario and Copley re-signed, we can find a backup goalie on the free agent market who won't cost an asset to acquire, so take LaFerriere (who may be the steal of that round in his draft) and Allen out of the offer.

If the front office and the scouting staff think that Edmundson is worth acquiring, we would probably pay the second if Montreal retained 50% of his cap hit.
22 févr. 2023 à 8 h 43
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,439
Quoting: Campabee
Monahan's trade is fair value for a middle 6 center with injury issues, the conditions are added just incase he overcomes them and helps the Canes get to the ECF series. Gunler was a good prospect but isn't exactly thriving in his 3rd year after being drafted. Value wise this is equivalent to a 2nd + 3rd or 2-2nds max.

Maybe, maybe not but he is still an upgrade on anything you already have not on the first line.

How is he an upgrade if he's injured and most likely prone to being out again? I don't see how an injured Monahan returns that or pushes kotkaniemi or Staal tbh. Canes are one of the top teams in the east and Monahan is just not the type of guy they need. You should be happy you got a first to take him and basically anything you get is a consolidation prize for his value 50% retained. He has not played for almost 3 MONTHS. Do better man
22 févr. 2023 à 8 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: OldNYIfan
We have absolutely no need or desire to dump Petersen's contract, so take him, Spence and the first out of the offer. It's totally unrealistic for people to think that a $3.875 million cap hit buried in Ontario is a must-panic-dump-now burden on a well-managed team when it can be bought out in 2024 at minimal cost.

With Petersen in Ontario and Copley re-signed, we can find a backup goalie on the free agent market who won't cost an asset to acquire, so take LaFerriere (who may be the steal of that round in his draft) and Allen out of the offer.

If the front office and the scouting staff think that Edmundson is worth acquiring, we would probably pay the second if Montreal retained 50% of his cap hit.

I get your position on not wanting to pay to dump Peterson but for a team who is finishing up their rebuild and looking to compete for a playoff spot annually that 3.85 mil is better served elsewhere on the roster than being buried in the minors.

TBH with regards to Laferriere I know very little about him other than he was drafted in the 3rd round, I assumed he was more of a C or D level prospect with maybe a 3rd line upside. My apologies if I underestimated him. Allen would be a solid add for your cup run though and at the cost of a C or D level prospect I figured it would be worth looking into.

Gavrikov is going for a 1st + 3rd (maybe more), I sold low on Eddy as it was due to his injury history and I still believe that he can return a 1st + IF he can get healthy (even if it is a 2nd that upgrades to a 1st based on GP). We can't retain on Eddy's contract since we have to retain on Dadonov, Monahan and Drouin to move them for value.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2023 à 8 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Howie
How is he an upgrade if he's injured and most likely prone to being out again? I don't see how an injured Monahan returns that or pushes kotkaniemi or Staal tbh. Canes are one of the top teams in the east and Monahan is just not the type of guy they need. You should be happy you got a first to take him and basically anything you get is a consolidation prize for his value 50% retained. He has not played for almost 3 MONTHS. Do better man

It's a late 2nd that only upgrades to a 1st if Monahan plays 50% of the Canes playoff games and the Canes make the ECF series (so at best the pick ends up 29th OVA!
22 févr. 2023 à 8 h 57
Painsince67
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 152
How does Savard get a 1st round pick???
22 févr. 2023 à 9 h 1
Once a Kings Fan Too
I get your position on not wanting to pay to dump Peterson but for a team who is finishing up their rebuild and looking to compete for a playoff spot annually that 3.85 mil is better served elsewhere on the roster than being buried in the minors.

TBH with regards to Laferriere I know very little about him other than he was drafted in the 3rd round, I assumed he was more of a C or D level prospect with maybe a 3rd line upside. My apologies if I underestimated him. Allen would be a solid add for your cup run though and at the cost of a C or D level prospect I figured it would be worth looking into.

Gavrikov is going for a 1st + 3rd (maybe more), I sold low on Eddy as it was due to his injury history and I still believe that he can return a 1st + IF he can get healthy (even if it is a 2nd that upgrades to a 1st based on GP). We can't retain on Eddy's contract since we have to retain on Dadonov, Monahan and Drouin to move them for value.

Well, these are all defensible arguments. The fact that I don't agree with them doesn't make me right and you wrong.

You're 100% correct that $3.875 million that isn't being spent on the main roster can always be spent better on the NHL squad. However, our roster for next season is pretty well set assuming that Gabe Vilardi's raise is reasonable and we don't need more than about $4 million for a backup goalie plus some improvement at LhD.

Right now, LaFerriere looks like he could be NHL material. Of course, that's at least two seasons in the future, so my optimism could be misplaced.

Many Montreal fans believe that Los Angeles is interested in Allen and Edmundson and the latter in particular. All of us Kings fans don't. We will see what happens in 9 days. If you're right, you will certainly have earned crowing rights, especially since us LA adherents have been so harsh in responding to your (collective) projections. If WE are right, we shouldn't crow but simply exhale a sigh of relief. smile
22 févr. 2023 à 9 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Well, these are all defensible arguments. The fact that I don't agree with them doesn't make me right and you wrong.

You're 100% correct that $3.875 million that isn't being spent on the main roster can always be spent better on the NHL squad. However, our roster for next season is pretty well set assuming that Gabe Vilardi's raise is reasonable and we don't need more than about $4 million for a backup goalie plus some improvement at LhD.

Right now, LaFerriere looks like he could be NHL material. Of course, that's at least two seasons in the future, so my optimism could be misplaced.

Many Montreal fans believe that Los Angeles is interested in Allen and Edmundson and the latter in particular. All of us Kings fans don't. We will see what happens in 9 days. If you're right, you will certainly have earned crowing rights, especially since us LA adherents have been so harsh in responding to your (collective) projections. If WE are right, we shouldn't crow but simply exhale a sigh of relief. smile

To be fair, I wasn't saying you were wrong or that I was right what I was saying was I was looking for a C level prospect for Allen if there was interest (which from your POV there isn't and I can respect that since you likely know more about what is going on with the Kings than I do LOL)
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2023 à 9 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: kingjrb92

Oh, I am sorry, I forgot he played for the Habs so he isn't worth a 7th round pick just like Chiarot wasn't!!!
22 févr. 2023 à 9 h 13
Once a Kings Fan Too
To be fair, I wasn't saying you were wrong or that I was right what I was saying was I was looking for a C level prospect for Allen if there was interest (which from your POV there isn't and I can respect that since you likely know more about what is going on with the Kings than I do LOL)

And I didn't infer that anything you wrote suggested that you were saying I was wrong about anything. I was admiring the evenhandedness of your reply and trying to give it its full due. Considering the intemperance with which I often respond to posts with which I don't agree, your reply was a marvel of restraint, and I acknowledge that.
Campabee a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2023 à 9 h 19
Lets Get Kraken
It's a late 2nd that only upgrades to a 1st if Monahan plays 50% of the Canes playoff games and the Canes make the ECF series (so at best the pick ends up 29th OVA!

It doesn’t matter what the pick is if he isn’t a target. You aren’t getting anywhere close to a first for someone who hasn’t played in 3 months. Especially from a team that doesn’t pay firsts (or conditional seconds that can upgrade) for rentals. Monahan isn’t an upgrade on KK or Staal right now, doubly so since he is injured. There isn’t a team dumb enough to pay anywhere close to that for Monahan.
Howie a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2023 à 9 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: evelutions2
It doesn’t matter what the pick is if he isn’t a target. You aren’t getting anywhere close to a first for someone who hasn’t played in 3 months. Especially from a team that doesn’t pay firsts (or conditional seconds that can upgrade) for rentals. Monahan isn’t an upgrade on KK or Staal right now, doubly so since he is injured. There isn’t a team dumb enough to pay anywhere close to that for Monahan.

Sure whatever you say! Forget the fact that Monahan has already been linked to the Canes!
22 févr. 2023 à 9 h 30
Lets Get Kraken
Sure whatever you say! Forget the fact that Monahan has already been linked to the Canes!

So has literally every other center on the market. Doesn’t matter if the Canes want them or not, they get linked because that’s what the insiders do. The Canes aren’t going to be the team that takes a chance on Monahan, if for no other reason than they can’t afford to have another Patches scenario this season.
22 févr. 2023 à 9 h 33
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,353
Would maybe trade a 4th round pick for Drouin, not trading Salomonsson for him.
22 févr. 2023 à 9 h 35
Miss YA Killer
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,422
TB doesn't have the cap space, besides that Dadanov is he really the guy who makes a team "harder to play against" as Julien Brisebois has said any move will do.
22 févr. 2023 à 9 h 41
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,107
-I think Tampa has to do some juggling but this could work - I can't see Dadonov bringing back any sort of projectable prospect or pick, so it's a nice pivot to try and grab a guy who's shown himself NHL-capable in Myers and seeing if there's anything left to unlock.

-I don't see the fit for Buffalo. They have Ilya Lyubshkin to play RD3, with Henri Jokiharju and one of Mattias Samuelsson or Rasmus Dahlin filling out the rest of the depth chart. I can see them spending a mid-round pick and a mid-tier prospect for a third pair upgrade; I can't see them paying this kind of price for a guy who's probably playing third pair the next two years on a 2x$3.5M AAV.

-Salomonsson was picked in the 2nd round last year - I just don't see Winnipeg giving him up for a guy that doesn't score goals. Even at $2.75M, I still think Drouin's not worth a ton in a trade - maybe a mid-round pick. His reputation precedes him, whether it's fair or not.

-Do you really think Jake Allen is an upgrade over Cal Petersen? Petersen put up an .868 SV% and 3.75 GAA before being demoted; Allen's only marginally better at .894 and 3.47. Allen's only really had 1 season out of the last six where he's been an above average goaltender, he's 4 years older, and has just as much term as Petersen left (2x$3.85M). Would you give up a 1st, someone like Joshua Roy, and Justin Barron to trade Jake Allen in for James Reimer with a 2 year extension at his current cost? Cuz that's more or less the value proposition that part of the deal is for the Kings.

-4 games for the Habs before the deadline, and still no Sean Monahan. You're not trading a ghost for a real, live prospect - the best I think you can hope for is a pick with a ton of conditions on it at this point. Something like a 3rd rounder that upgrades to a 2nd if he plays a certain amount of regular season games and potentially becomes a 1st if he meets the first condition and then plays a certain amount of playoff games. There just hasn't been enough transparency about what's wrong with him - he was hurt in December, wasn't supposed to be out for that long, and now it's nearly March and there's no news - obviously NHL teams have more intel than we do, but based on what I know right now (Monahan's hurt, who knows for how much longer), I wouldn't offer any premium asset for him without a ton of strings attached.
22 févr. 2023 à 9 h 53
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 6,968
All wishful thinking trades for Montreal. None of those players are worth even half of the ask here.
22 févr. 2023 à 11 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
-I think Tampa has to do some juggling but this could work - I can't see Dadonov bringing back any sort of projectable prospect or pick, so it's a nice pivot to try and grab a guy who's shown himself NHL-capable in Myers and seeing if there's anything left to unlock.

-I don't see the fit for Buffalo. They have Ilya Lyubshkin to play RD3, with Henri Jokiharju and one of Mattias Samuelsson or Rasmus Dahlin filling out the rest of the depth chart. I can see them spending a mid-round pick and a mid-tier prospect for a third pair upgrade; I can't see them paying this kind of price for a guy who's probably playing third pair the next two years on a 2x$3.5M AAV.

-Salomonsson was picked in the 2nd round last year - I just don't see Winnipeg giving him up for a guy that doesn't score goals. Even at $2.75M, I still think Drouin's not worth a ton in a trade - maybe a mid-round pick. His reputation precedes him, whether it's fair or not.

-Do you really think Jake Allen is an upgrade over Cal Petersen? Petersen put up an .868 SV% and 3.75 GAA before being demoted; Allen's only marginally better at .894 and 3.47. Allen's only really had 1 season out of the last six where he's been an above average goaltender, he's 4 years older, and has just as much term as Petersen left (2x$3.85M). Would you give up a 1st, someone like Joshua Roy, and Justin Barron to trade Jake Allen in for James Reimer with a 2 year extension at his current cost? Cuz that's more or less the value proposition that part of the deal is for the Kings.

-4 games for the Habs before the deadline, and still no Sean Monahan. You're not trading a ghost for a real, live prospect - the best I think you can hope for is a pick with a ton of conditions on it at this point. Something like a 3rd rounder that upgrades to a 2nd if he plays a certain amount of regular season games and potentially becomes a 1st if he meets the first condition and then plays a certain amount of playoff games. There just hasn't been enough transparency about what's wrong with him - he was hurt in December, wasn't supposed to be out for that long, and now it's nearly March and there's no news - obviously NHL teams have more intel than we do, but based on what I know right now (Monahan's hurt, who knows for how much longer), I wouldn't offer any premium asset for him without a ton of strings attached.

Yeah I was trying to do something that worked both ways with Tampa, I don't think either guy has a ton of value but both teams are "weaker" at those positions so maybe it works for both sides

Some Sabre's fans would rather go after Savard, some Eddy but the consensus is they need a good shutdown guy for their top 4.

I know Drouin doesn't have a ton of value but was banking on him reigniting his chemistry with Ehlers, wasn't sure how the Jets would feel about Salomonsson's value though

Considering the diference in their contracts, yes I do believe Allen is better value than Peterson since the benefit is adding precious cap space as well.

TBH, not sure myself what is going on with Monahan, is he still injured or are the Habs just keeping him out of games because the deadline is so close. Would assume since he has been skating for a while in a regular jersey it's more precautionary than injury related (that is just an assumption though)
22 févr. 2023 à 11 h 40
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,318
Quoting: kingjrb92

He literally got a 1st and 3rd in 2021 and is playing much better hockey this season
Campabee a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2023 à 11 h 42
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,318
I dont get the rush to trade Eddy, let him get healthy, if he ends up being another Stone then so be it. A 2nd and 3rd is hardly a worthwhile price. He has another year of term and will easily get a 1st next TDL as teams value his pedigree. Cant trade every veteran on such a young team.
22 févr. 2023 à 11 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
I dont get the rush to trade Eddy, let him get healthy, if he ends up being another Stone then so be it. A 2nd and 3rd is hardly a worthwhile price. He has another year of term and will easily get a 1st next TDL as teams value his pedigree. Cant trade every veteran on such a young team.

We would still have Matheson and Meyers as "vets" so we aren't trading away all our vets but are modernizing what our D looks like. I like both Eddy and Savard but they aren't fitting our window and it is better to move on from them sooner to get the young guys who are out playing them bigger roles.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage