SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

WPG MTL Summer 23

Créé par: mew1976
Publié: 10 févr. 2023 à 10 h 43
Plafond salarial: 82 500 000 $
Journées à la saison: 62/185 (34%)
Détermination du registraire central: Cette transaction a rempli les différents critères exigés par le registraire central de la LNH.

Logo de Canadiens de MontréalCanadiens de Montréal

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Dvorak, ChristianCanadiens de MontréalLNH-4 450 000 $011---5171320--
Dach, KirbyCanadiens de MontréalLNH-3 362 500 $011---51112233--
Barron, JustinExempté du ballottageCanadiens de MontréalLNH-925 000 $011---14044--
Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (Logo de Panthers de la FlorideFLA)---100------
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Gagner, SamJets de WinnipegLNH-750 000 $011---438614--
Dubois, Pierre-LucJets de WinnipegLNH-6 000 000 $011---52223052--
Pionk, NealJets de WinnipegLNH-5 875 000 $011---5271522--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial5 565 834 $2246715616
Variation-3 887 500 $000-100
Final1 678 334 $ (↓)2246714 (↓)616191231

Logo de Jets de WinnipegJets de Winnipeg

Transaction simultanéeStatut initialNouveau statutImpact sur la masse salarialeFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Appleton, MasonIRLNH0 $1-----------
Kuhlman, KarsonLNHMineures-276 486 $-1-----------
DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Gagner, SamJets de WinnipegLNH-251 351 $011---438614--
Dubois, Pierre-LucJets de WinnipegLNH-2 010 811 $011---52223052--
Pionk, NealJets de WinnipegLNH-1 968 919 $011---5271522--
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Dvorak, ChristianCanadiens de MontréalLNH-1 491 351 $011---5171320--
Dach, KirbyCanadiens de MontréalLNH-1 126 892 $011---51112233--
Barron, JustinExempté du ballottageCanadiens de MontréalLNH-310 000 $011---14044--
Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (Logo de Panthers de la FlorideFLA)---100------
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial2 058 571 $2342573511
Variation1 579 324 $000100
Final3 637 895 $ (↑)2342574 (↑)511-19-12-31
10 févr. 2023 à 10 h 57
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 6,957
Zero chance Winnipeg does that. You've got enough there to start talking about PLD, but no chance the Jets throw in Pionk for nothing.

Gagner is UFA and has no value.
10 févr. 2023 à 11 h 0
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,385
Dach, Barron and the 1st stay and Montreal OS PLD at 6.3 Mil x 1 year and the Jets can take the 2024 1st and 3rd or match and hope they are not in a playoff spot at the 2024 deadline (which they likely are) and can flip PLD to another contender for more, Then Montreal signs PLD in FA and the Jets end up with nothing when he walks.
Just_A_Guess a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2023 à 11 h 18
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 417
By the summer, it could just be a Dach for PLD one for one swap.

"It's not fair, PLD is the better player"... except for one thing: Montreal has the leverage in the deal. In fact, they may take Dach off the table because of how much leverage they have.
Just_A_Guess et Dom1422 a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2023 à 11 h 31
Quoting: Campabee
Dach, Barron and the 1st stay and Montreal OS PLD at 6.3 Mil x 1 year and the Jets can take the 2024 1st and 3rd or match and hope they are not in a playoff spot at the 2024 deadline (which they likely are) and can flip PLD to another contender for more, Then Montreal signs PLD in FA and the Jets end up with nothing when he walks.

Lol. Well my friend, I think all teams would welcome another joke sheet, I mean offer sheet from Montreal.
10 févr. 2023 à 11 h 56
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 30

Habs are going to be bad next season again so if montreal wants to give the jets a likely top 5 pick unprotected and a 3rd... sure. I would also think if Dubois wants out of winnipeg he doesn't sign an offer sheets that locks him in for the year.
10 févr. 2023 à 12 h 52
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Getting Pionk off the books wouldn't be the worst thing. But think the Jets could get more for PLD from someone else. The leverage argument is stupid.
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2023 à 13 h 2
Quoting: Windjammer
Lol. Well my friend, I think all teams would welcome another joke sheet, I mean offer sheet from Montreal.

Don't get me wrong I think the odds of an offersheet not being matched are like 5% or less. It's what the offersheet does that is important here though. It walks PLD to FA and proves to every other GM around the league that PLD wants to be in Montreal, which will lower his trade value. The other thing is, is that the Jets will be a playoff team again next year if PLD does stay, so the Jets aren't likely to trade him at the 2024 deadline either, which means the Jets are likely to lose PLD for nothing that summer. The OS isn't only being used to acquire PLD in this case but to also gage his true interest in Montreal. So the question then becomes do the Jets let him walk for a 1st and 3rd, do they use him as their own rental or do they work with the Habs on a more even playing field during the 7 day grace period. No matter what the Jets decide to do about the OS it is a win-win scenario for the Habs.
Just_A_Guess a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2023 à 13 h 27
Don't get me wrong I think the odds of an offersheet not being matched are like 5% or less. It's what the offersheet does that is important here though. It walks PLD to FA and proves to every other GM around the league that PLD wants to be in Montreal, which will lower his trade value. The other thing is, is that the Jets will be a playoff team again next year if PLD does stay, so the Jets aren't likely to trade him at the 2024 deadline either, which means the Jets are likely to lose PLD for nothing that summer. The OS isn't only being used to acquire PLD in this case but to also gage his true interest in Montreal. So the question then becomes do the Jets let him walk for a 1st and 3rd, do they use him as their own rental or do they work with the Habs on a more even playing field during the 7 day grace period. No matter what the Jets decide to do about the OS it is a win-win scenario for the Habs.

I know Montreal fans are desperately grasping at straws to keep their hopes of acquiring a star player for nothing, but there's a 1 in a million chance that happens. There are so many logical things that are far more likely to happen, that these silly "Montreal won't have to give anything of value" schemes are silly.

Why would PLD sign a far below market value joke sheet, when he's arbitration eligible and would get more in arbitration? What's his incentive to screw himself out of a few million dollars?

The price is set, Horvat value plus, all these schemes based on "Montreal has all the leverage and Winnipeg has none" are just uniformed nonsense.

It's not what Montreal fans want to believe, but there is pretty much a 100% chance that if PLD does want to leave, he won't narrow his options to Montreal only. So, as we saw from Horvat. A 1C becoming available will draw extraordinary attention and Winnipeg won't have a problem finding an offer they like.
10 févr. 2023 à 14 h 9
I know Montreal fans are desperately grasping at straws to keep their hopes of acquiring a star player for nothing, but there's a 1 in a million chance that happens. There are so many logical things that are far more likely to happen, that these silly "Montreal won't have to give anything of value" schemes are silly.

Why would PLD sign a far below market value joke sheet, when he's arbitration eligible and would get more in arbitration? What's his incentive to screw himself out of a few million dollars?

The price is set, Horvat value plus, all these schemes based on "Montreal has all the leverage and Winnipeg has none" are just uniformed nonsense.

It's not what Montreal fans want to believe, but there is pretty much a 100% chance that if PLD does want to leave, he won't narrow his options to Montreal only. So, as we saw from Horvat. A 1C becoming available will draw extraordinary attention and Winnipeg won't have a problem finding an offer they like.

It is not about getting PLD for nothing, it is about not overpaying for someone who is likely to pull a Tavares anyway. According to many pundits (even PLD's agent) PLD wants Montreal or nothing, now that doesn't mean he will sign a 5 year contract at like 5 mil or anything but a one year deal at his QO or in this case as an OS he would likely do if the rumors are true and it's really Montreal or nowhere. Now I get that he will be asking for around 7-9 mil and that is fair for him to do so but if his goal is to get to Montreal ASAP as reported then signing a 1 year OS at 6.3 is plausible, he can and will then get a pay increase just as the cap is set to raise significantly. It is also a win-win scenario for him too since he may be leaving 2 or 3 Mil on the table next year but if he plays just as well next year he can ask for an additional .5-1 mil on his next contract, this means he gains money over the course of the contract instead of leaving it on the table. Also through sponsorship and stuff he can easily make up the difference in Montreal.
10 févr. 2023 à 14 h 19
It is not about getting PLD for nothing, it is about not overpaying for someone who is likely to pull a Tavares anyway. According to many pundits (even PLD's agent) PLD wants Montreal or nothing, now that doesn't mean he will sign a 5 year contract at like 5 mil or anything but a one year deal at his QO or in this case as an OS he would likely do if the rumors are true and it's really Montreal or nowhere. Now I get that he will be asking for around 7-9 mil and that is fair for him to do so but if his goal is to get to Montreal ASAP as reported then signing a 1 year OS at 6.3 is plausible, he can and will then get a pay increase just as the cap is set to raise significantly. It is also a win-win scenario for him too since he may be leaving 2 or 3 Mil on the table next year but if he plays just as well next year he can ask for an additional .5-1 mil on his next contract, this means he gains money over the course of the contract instead of leaving it on the table. Also through sponsorship and stuff he can easily make up the difference in Montreal.

I haven't seen anyone, anywhere at any time say that PLD has said Montreal or nothing. Point me to a source for that. It sounds like Montreal beat reporters wishful thinking. Not actual reporting with facts. Still more of the Montreal grasping at straws thing.

It still makes no sense for him to pass up more money in arbitration, when it gets him to UFA just as fast, for a lowball offer sheet. What's in it for him?
10 févr. 2023 à 14 h 30
I haven't seen anyone, anywhere at any time say that PLD has said Montreal or nothing. Point me to a source for that. It sounds like Montreal beat reporters wishful thinking. Not actual reporting with facts. Still more of the Montreal grasping at straws thing.

It still makes no sense for him to pass up more money in arbitration, when it gets him to UFA just as fast, for a lowball offer sheet. What's in it for him?

Arbitration can only award a 1 year contract, lets say at a market value of 8 mil. Now in 2024 offseason he can only sign for 7 years as a FA, if he signs for say 9 mil at that point he only gets 63 Mil over the term of the contract plus the 8 mil in arbitration, so 72 Mil total. Now if he signs the OS at 6.3 mil then signs an 8 year deal at 9 mil he is getting 78.3 and an extra year term, plus any sponsorship deals for being the star player on the Habs. That is what is in it for him, he gets more money for longer and gets to play where he wants.
10 févr. 2023 à 14 h 40
Arbitration can only award a 1 year contract, lets say at a market value of 8 mil. Now in 2024 offseason he can only sign for 7 years as a FA, if he signs for say 9 mil at that point he only gets 63 Mil over the term of the contract plus the 8 mil in arbitration, so 72 Mil total. Now if he signs the OS at 6.3 mil then signs an 8 year deal at 9 mil he is getting 78.3 and an extra year term, plus any sponsorship deals for being the star player on the Habs. That is what is in it for him, he gets more money for longer and gets to play where he wants.

Okay. I see where you're going. Extremely unlikely, but I see what you're thinking. Although, if he was smart, he'd just say pay me my arb rate on the offer sheet for 7 years. Why trust a team that is trying to cheap you out on an offer sheet to negotiate in good faith and make you whole? Especially if you have a year that doesn't surpass this year.

Anything on the "he will only play in Montreal" front?
10 févr. 2023 à 15 h 13
Okay. I see where you're going. Extremely unlikely, but I see what you're thinking. Although, if he was smart, he'd just say pay me my arb rate on the offer sheet for 7 years. Why trust a team that is trying to cheap you out on an offer sheet to negotiate in good faith and make you whole? Especially if you have a year that doesn't surpass this year.

Anything on the "he will only play in Montreal" front?

I agree, the whole OS scenario is unlikely, just saying that it is a preferable option for Montreal than giving up a ton of major assets and then have to negotiate with PLD on his extension from a weak position

As for the Montreal or nothing, I guess that is more of an interpretation based on his agent's comments of "Montreal is a city he would probably … I can talk about it because he doesn't have a contract at the moment - he's a restricted free agent," Brisson told TVA Sports in French, as translated by The Athletic. "Montreal is a place, a city he'd like to play in. That's all I can say about that." which my statement was an over simplication. Now I know that doesn't say Montreal or nothing and it is also probable that PLD will listen to the offers out there but if the difference between Montreal and say Chicago or LA is .5-1 mil per year, it is most likely he chooses Montreal. I also don't think Montreal will try to lowball him on a long-term deal and may try to convince him that a one year offersheet is a way to get him and keep him long-term and even if it doesn't work he will hit FA and come over anyway. Like I said though I think there is a less than 5% chance of that happening but anything is possible.
10 févr. 2023 à 15 h 19
I agree, the whole OS scenario is unlikely, just saying that it is a preferable option for Montreal than giving up a ton of major assets and then have to negotiate with PLD on his extension from a weak position

As for the Montreal or nothing, I guess that is more of an interpretation based on his agent's comments of "Montreal is a city he would probably … I can talk about it because he doesn't have a contract at the moment - he's a restricted free agent," Brisson told TVA Sports in French, as translated by The Athletic. "Montreal is a place, a city he'd like to play in. That's all I can say about that." which my statement was an over simplication. Now I know that doesn't say Montreal or nothing and it is also probable that PLD will listen to the offers out there but if the difference between Montreal and say Chicago or LA is .5-1 mil per year, it is most likely he chooses Montreal. I also don't think Montreal will try to lowball him on a long-term deal and may try to convince him that a one year offersheet is a way to get him and keep him long-term and even if it doesn't work he will hit FA and come over anyway. Like I said though I think there is a less than 5% chance of that happening but anything is possible.

Okay. I got it. I can follow your thinking now anyways. I thought we might be slipping back to our old scrapping days where neither of us wants to listen to anything the other guy says! grin
10 févr. 2023 à 15 h 20
Okay. I got it. I can follow your thinking now anyways. I thought we might be slipping back to our old scrapping days where neither of us wants to listen to anything the other guy says! grin

No worries, I try not to regress lol
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2023 à 21 h 40
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 282
You ain’t getting close to that much.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage