Forums/Armchair-GM

Boeser not Meier

Créé par: Lenny54
Équipe: 2022-23 Sabres de Buffalo
Date de création initiale: 10 févr. 2023
Publié: 10 févr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Between what it is expected Meier would want contract wise and what the Sabres would have to give up Boeser is the cheaper option if Adams decides to upgrade the forward position at the TDL.
Duclair and Boeser solidify the 2nd line and the youngsters still get the experience dropping down in the line-up
Duclair trade depends on him coming back from injury
I don't care that Girgensons has the "A", there are a number of guys to assume that responsibility and he is on an expiring contract

Adams saves all his high end prospects
Transactions
FLA
  1. Kisakov, Alexander
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (BUF)
BUF
  1. Boeser, Brock
Détails additionnels:
Based the trade off what Seravalli used as frameworks of prior trades for a trade of Boeser
VAN
  1. Mittelstadt, Casey
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (VGK)
BUF
    Any team for a 4th rd pick
    PHI
    1. Bryson, Jacob
    2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (BUF)
    Rachats de contrats
    Enfoui
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de PHI
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2382 500 000 $65 301 667 $0 $3 620 000 $17 198 333 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
    9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 4
    Logo de Panthers de la Floride
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
    6 650 000 $6 650 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 3
    4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AD, AG
    RFA - 3
    855 833 $855 833 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
    AG, AD
    RFA - 3
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance412 500 $$412K)
    C, AG
    RFA - 2
    825 000 $825 000 $
    AG, C
    RFA - 1
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    925 000 $925 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 2
    837 500 $837 500 $
    G
    RFA - 2
    916 667 $916 667 $ (Bonis de performance925 000 $$925K)
    DG/DD
    UFA - 2
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 2
    1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
    775 000 $775 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 2
    687 500 $687 500 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
    G
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    DG/DD
    RFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    4 916 667 $4 916 667 $
    G
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    10 févr. 2023 à 9 h 19
    Rejoint: nov. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 14,135
    I don't accept that boeser is much of an upgrade, especially at his cap hit.

Also, girgensons wears a letter (i dont care that you dont care, the lockerroom cares) and is one of the better defensive forwards in the NHL. Trading him is a bad idea and giving him away for free is worse. If we traded him at 50% retention we easily get a 2nd
    10 févr. 2023 à 9 h 35
    Rejoint: août 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,226
    Although I think Bryson is the better player, I dont think its enough for PHI to take on Bryson. Bryson makes twice as much ad Seeler is the better short term fit for the next two yrs. While the 4th is good value straight up for Seeler, I just dont think they want bryson
    Lenny54 a aimé ceci.
    10 févr. 2023 à 9 h 45
    Rejoint: avr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,729
    Definitely could see 2,3,4 might have to change Bryson.
    10 févr. 2023 à 11 h 7
    Rejoint: juill. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,156
    Healing out for Boeser over Meier would be a bad idea
    He isn’t even much of an upgrade over Mitts
    I think it’s a bad idea
    10 févr. 2023 à 17 h 49
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: juill. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 649
    Quoting: Buffalove
    Healing out for Boeser over Meier would be a bad idea
    He isn’t even much of an upgrade over Mitts
    I think it’s a bad idea

I think a change of scenery will help Boeser, maybe bc of injury and personal problems his production has dropped. He is worth the risk IMO. His contract isn't a problem as Okposo comes off the books.
    If Duclair comes back healthy it gives us a better 2nd line (they both have some playoff experience)...the kids still need some seasoning and playing on the 3rd line isn't going to hurt them as the pressure builds for the playoffs.
    10 févr. 2023 à 20 h 53
    Quoting: Lenny54
    I think a change of scenery will help Boeser, maybe bc of injury and personal problems his production has dropped. He is worth the risk IMO. His contract isn't a problem as Okposo comes off the books.
    If Duclair comes back healthy it gives us a better 2nd line (they both have some playoff experience)...the kids still need some seasoning and playing on the 3rd line isn't going to hurt them as the pressure builds for the playoffs.

2 pretty big “ifs” imo
    Just spend for Meier- get the “sure thing”

Besides, no point in trading for guys who’ll likely be replaced by the talent we have coming
    Get the best quality we can at this point
    10 févr. 2023 à 21 h 11
    westleysnipez
    Rejoint: juin 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 586
    2 pretty big “ifs” imo

Besides, no point in trading for guys who’ll likely be replaced by the talent we have coming

Boeser has 15 points in his last 16 games. He's had a career average of 60 points per season, he's 9th in goal scoring for the 2015 draft with nearly 100 fewer games played than those above him.

When Boeser inevitably plays in a different city, he's going to be a 40-goal, 80-point winger. He skates like an obese man running on a treadmill, but his hockey IQ is one of the best in the league.
    Lenny54 a aimé ceci.
    11 févr. 2023 à 13 h 57
    Démarrer sujet
    2 pretty big “ifs” imo

I agree with you go get the sure thing but everyone complains about the cap he will take up...as for the talent coming well I'm proponent that bc they were 1st round picks doesn't mean they are going to be NHL players or top 6 players...they have to prove that. By the time they get here Girgensons, Okposo and a couple others should be gone. Actually, I think Savoie is either here or juniors right? Can't prove much more in juniors
    11 févr. 2023 à 14 h 35
    I agree with you go get the sure thing but everyone complains about the cap he will take up...as for the talent coming well I'm proponent that bc they were 1st round picks doesn't mean they are going to be NHL players or top 6 players...they have to prove that. By the time they get here Girgensons, Okposo and a couple others should be gone. Actually, I think Savoie is either here or juniors right? Can't prove much more in juniors

Correct with Savoie
    I just don’t think Boeser is very good
    I’d rather stick with Mittelstadt frankly

Just don’t see the point in trading assets for mid-tier players
    Either go big, or just keep developing the kids
    11 févr. 2023 à 15 h 2
    Démarrer sujet
    Correct with Savoie
    I just don’t think Boeser is very good
    I’d rather stick with Mittelstadt frankly

Just don’t see the point in trading assets for mid-tier players
    Either go big, or just keep developing the kids

Here's the thing...this team is to small...no size upfront.

All the young guys coming up aren't physical either.

I don't care that Okposo is capt....I wouldn't bring him back next year even at league minimum.
    Put him in management.

I'd put Peterka back in Rochester right now and bring up a youngster that is playing good down there,
    Peterka has done nothing since the beginning of December. Most will disagree with this but it's fact.

You can't be a Tim Murray as GM but you also can't be a miser bc you drafted a player.

As Dube just scored, just go back to Jan 9th and think how many goals are scored point blank. Where does this team play defense?
    11 févr. 2023 à 16 h 37
    Here's the thing...this team is to small...no size upfront.

All the young guys coming up aren't physical either.

I don't care that Okposo is capt....I wouldn't bring him back next year even at league minimum.
    Put him in management.

I'd put Peterka back in Rochester right now and bring up a youngster that is playing good down there,
    Peterka has done nothing since the beginning of December. Most will disagree with this but it's fact.

You can't be a Tim Murray as GM but you also can't be a miser bc you drafted a player.

As Dube just scored, just go back to Jan 9th and think how many goals are scored point blank. Where does this team play defense?

While i don’t disagree with most of that….
    Absolutely nothing you just said is helped in any way, shape, or form by bringing in Boeser
    Bringing on these mid-tier guys, simply bc at the moment they may be better than Peterka, is just pointless to me

We have plenty of guys who project as “middle6” talents
    The smart thing to do (imo) is to package a couple of these assets for a top line type talent

Just look what Cozens is doing- while playing with Quinn & Peterka…. He’s has more points than those 2 combined
    And while i do like them, bringing in a legit top6 player who can be here long term makes all the sense in the world
    It would stabilize that 2nd line
    And take pressure off the rookies so they can develop at a natural pace instead of having too much on their plate- which, to your point, they’ve struggled with a bit

I don’t see guys like Boeser as the type of upgrade we should be looking for though- bc it’s modest, at best

Go get a Meier type player & use up the extra couple mil in Cap
    That’s how i see it anyways
    11 févr. 2023 à 20 h 30
    Démarrer sujet
    While i don’t disagree with most of that….
    Absolutely nothing you just said is helped in any way, shape, or form by bringing in Boeser
    Bringing on these mid-tier guys, simply bc at the moment they may be better than Peterka, is just pointless to me

We have plenty of guys who project as “middle6” talents
    The smart thing to do (imo) is to package a couple of these assets for a top line type talent

Just look what Cozens is doing- while playing with Quinn & Peterka…. He’s has more points than those 2 combined
    And while i do like them, bringing in a legit top6 player who can be here long term makes all the sense in the world
    It would stabilize that 2nd line
    And take pressure off the rookies so they can develop at a natural pace instead of having too much on their plate- which, to your point, they’ve struggled with a bit

I don’t see guys like Boeser as the type of upgrade we should be looking for though- bc it’s modest, at best

Go get a Meier type player & use up the extra couple mil in Cap
    That’s how i see it anyways

You and I agree
    I'm not trying to convince you on Boeser...if you look at my prior acgm I'm all in for Meier but sabre fans on here and other boards don't want to pay the price for Meier.
    If today's game doesn't convince fans there needs to be changes I don't know what to say. There is no size coming down the highway...
    If Tuch fits the timeline so does Meier who I think is a few months younger. Yeah, he'll cost more in money but that's what star players command.
    As you know we don't get Meier to make the playoffs, you go get him for a future piece of the puzzle.

I did this for the simple reason so nobody complains about trading a prospect or a protected first. Offering Ostlund in a trade won't hurt this team. IMO you can't build an entire team through the draft,
    You need to sprinkle in the vets like they did with Tuch. There has to be a balance, you're knowledgeable I'm sure you get that and you can't do that all in one swoop. In the last 10 years we've drafted top 10, 10 times and where are we?
    11 févr. 2023 à 22 h 40
    You and I agree
    I'm not trying to convince you on Boeser...if you look at my prior acgm I'm all in for Meier but sabre fans on here and other boards don't want to pay the price for Meier.
    If today's game doesn't convince fans there needs to be changes I don't know what to say. There is no size coming down the highway...
    If Tuch fits the timeline so does Meier who I think is a few months younger. Yeah, he'll cost more in money but that's what star players command.
    As you know we don't get Meier to make the playoffs, you go get him for a future piece of the puzzle.

I did this for the simple reason so nobody complains about trading a prospect or a protected first. Offering Ostlund in a trade won't hurt this team. IMO you can't build an entire team through the draft,
    You need to sprinkle in the vets like they did with Tuch. There has to be a balance, you're knowledgeable I'm sure you get that and you can't do that all in one swoop. In the last 10 years we've drafted top 10, 10 times and where are we?

I think I’m finally getting what you’re saying
    But it seems kinda silly (to me) to make a post that’s opposite of what you think just to appease those who don’t wanna trade any of our good prospects or high picks

It’s fine for them to have their opinions,
    but why not just let them post their nonsense?

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage