Forums/Armchair-GM

Lightning Strikes Thrice - Deadline Trial I

Créé par: Steven_Stamkos
Équipe: 2022-23 Lightning de Tampa Bay
Date de création initiale: 3 févr. 2023
Publié: 3 févr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Brown I think, is an under the radar depth defenseman on a fair contract. Haven't seen him play a lot, but he looks fundamentally sound from what I have watched. Another big body for the blueline. He also seems much more self aware than Cal Foote, although that comes with age. He knows the type of player he is, and again, from what I've seen, he doesn't look like a guy who is in the business of doing things he knows he can't do. Ex- trying to rush up the ice more than he should or getting fancy with the puck in dangerous areas of the ice. He hasn't looked lacksadaisical in my viewing and thats something I admire. If you are a guy who doesn't overreach and cost your team in a negative way, and you always give your best effort, you're a guy I want on the ice in the playoffs. Someone who is reliable and you know what you're going to get from him.

Brown is basically a fill in player however. There are others that I'm still thinking about in terms of depth moves on the back end for the playoffs. Bringing him in would have him fighting for Fluery for the 7th man, but personally, I would feel much more at ease having some more veteran depth if we go 11-7 or need someone to fill in for injury.

I'd like to hear from Arizona fans on what you think his value is. I haven't hardly watched Az games this season, but it looks like you guys have fair depth on the back end. With the extension of Valimaaki, maybe he sees more ice time if a guy like Brown leaves. But If they decide to move Chychrun or Ghost, then that may leave a hole on the blueline and that may be when they want a guy like Brown to stick around. Anyway, let me know what your thoughts are on a trade for Brown.

Foote has been a point of discussion for trade bait going back to last season. While I dont think it would be a negative choice to keep him in Tampa, I don't think it would be a negative to move him to address another area of weakness on the team. Hoglander is probably worth more at this point in time than Foote is. But Vancouver is a team that should be rebuilding, I think everyone agrees on that. While Hoglander is a valuable piece and is younger and probably better than Foote, I talked to some people who think this move would make a lot of sense. Lacking RHD players(that arent robbing the pockets of the organization) and prospects, that has been a target area among a lot of ACGM's I've seen. Foote is still a good player with lots of room to develop. But I just don't think he would grow as much as he could if he was in a different situation. He's gained a ton of experience playing with a cup contender for the last 3 years in a somewhat limited role for the most part. But there just isn't room for him to be able to play the amount of minutes he needs to every night.

Let me know what you think about the value for the Foote and Hoglander trade as well.

I'm aware of the cap situation, this also has to do with Brown being the player that comes in, if its someone with a lower cap hit, that can be maneuvered easier. Hoglander or Perbix could play in the minors until the playoffs, which isn't ideal, or if there unfortunately is an injury, then it won't matter. Names probably would be the one going to the minors. Doubtful anyone would claim him. I also have a feeling he's going to come up clutch in the playoffs ;)

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Transactions
VAN
  1. Foote, Cal
  2. Choix de 6e ronde en 2023 (TBL)
ARI
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (TBL)
  2. Choix de 7e ronde en 2025 (TBL)
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de ANA
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de CHI
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $81 646 667 $0 $382 500 $853 333 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 8
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 5
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 2
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 7
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
891 667 $891 667 $ (Bonis de performance300 000 $$300K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 800 000 $4 800 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 6
4 800 000 $4 800 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DD
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
2 950 000 $2 950 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
1 275 000 $1 275 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
3 févr. 2023 à 18 h 31
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,170
Canucks pass.Hoggys a keeper.great upside.IMHO.
Steven_Stamkos a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2023 à 18 h 42
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Canucks decline. Canes wanted Hoglander for Bear but the Canucks declined. Why should they trade him now? Foote isn’t better than Bear
3 févr. 2023 à 18 h 53
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 551
Tampa has no need for Hoglander. There are many better depth F adds available, and they haven't even been able to give Balcers.a real chance because of the cap. Perbix isn't being sent down again. He has legitimate top 4 upside and is having a fantastic rookie season. Not as familiar with Brown, but if he's the best option then so be it.
3 févr. 2023 à 19 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 870
Quoting: JTBF81
Tampa has no need for Hoglander. There are many better depth F adds available, and they haven't even been able to give Balcers.a real chance because of the cap. Perbix isn't being sent down again. He has legitimate top 4 upside and is having a fantastic rookie season. Not as familiar with Brown, but if he's the best option then so be it.

Hoglander isn't necessarily a depth add. He's a future asset also. I wouldn't say they have NO need for Hoglander, he has better vision and puck skills than Colton. He adds speed and energy to the bottom 9 while being young with plenty of room to grow amongst a lot of non permanent players in the bottom 6. Yeah Balcers unfortunately hasn't gotten enough of a look because of the cap. And yeah i'm aware of what Perbix is and what he doesn't need. I am strictly talking in terms of jumping around the cap without having to place anyone on waivers. I know that he won't go back to the minors, it would be more likely that names or fluery gets put no waivers in this scenario.
3 févr. 2023 à 19 h 12
Quoting: Stammer_Time91
Hoglander isn't necessarily a depth add. He's a future asset also. I wouldn't say they have NO need for Hoglander, he has better vision and puck skills than Colton. He adds speed and energy to the bottom 9 while being young with plenty of room to grow amongst a lot of non permanent players in the bottom 6. Yeah Balcers unfortunately hasn't gotten enough of a look because of the cap. And yeah i'm aware of what Perbix is and what he doesn't need. I am strictly talking in terms of jumping around the cap without having to place anyone on waivers. I know that he won't go back to the minors, it would be more likely that names or fluery gets put no waivers in this scenario.

Looking at both thls year and beyond, I would rather the team invest what is needed to get any of, Lafferty, Barabanov, Sturm, Robinson, Kuraly, Trenin etc. All have term, wojld seem.to fit a need, have experience and come at a reasonable cap hit. On defense, Brown could be the add, as I'm not as familiar with him. I think Benning for a player with term, or perhaps for ufas that could possibly be re-signed(depending on tbe plan/cost of Ian Cole), Schenn, Mikkola, Kulikov, among others.
3 févr. 2023 à 19 h 20

I think Names gets traded as part of a bigger package deal or whatever later round pick JBB can get. Fleury isn't great, but since he's signed another year, it's questionable if they'd risk losing him to waivers(although I believe he'd clear). Even if they waived Names and he cleared, they'd still get dinged for 1.375 million against the cap. At least this would give them enough space to either bring Balcers up or trade for an inexpensive F, but it still wouldn't be ideal.
3 févr. 2023 à 19 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Looking at both thls year and beyond, I would rather the team invest what is needed to get any of, Lafferty, Barabanov, Sturm, Robinson, Kuraly, Trenin etc. All have term, wojld seem.to fit a need, have experience and come at a reasonable cap hit. On defense, Brown could be the add, as I'm not as familiar with him. I think Benning for a player with term, or perhaps for ufas that could possibly be re-signed(depending on tbe plan/cost of Ian Cole), Schenn, Mikkola, Kulikov, among others.

Barabanov and Trenin are great options. The only reason I've been high on Hoglander the last year is because of last playoffs. Without Point, the offense really scared me at times. If it wasn't Stamkos, Kuch or Palat scoring, or the powerplay, all our offense was generated the same way, grind and garbage. Nothing wrong with that, it just felt like no one could really generate creative offense like the big dawgs could last playoffs and that gave me lots of nerves. Obviously its just splitting hairs at this point. I mean with the success that this team has had, its very nitpicky, but Hoglander is just a guy who has great playmaking ability and can drive the play with the puck on his stick. Yeah Brown isn't really my go to because i dont know a ton about him. Only reason I consider him is because he would likely be a lot cheaper than other blueline depth options at this deadline. I didnt necessarily pick him because he isnt a rental, although that is a bonus. I like Schenn, Bortuzzo, Kulikov, Merrill just off the top of my head. Unless St. Louis waves the white flag, they probably wouldn't trade Bortuzzo cause he's their best stay at home guy. But we are both of the same mindset I believe. A lot of people think that we should just keep blowing assets to minimally better the team. Were the the point now that we need to be very calculated with our spending.
JTBF81 a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2023 à 19 h 25
Démarrer sujet
I think Names gets traded as part of a bigger package deal or whatever later round pick JBB can get. Fleury isn't great, but since he's signed another year, it's questionable if they'd risk losing him to waivers(although I believe he'd clear). Even if they waived Names and he cleared, they'd still get dinged for 1.375 million against the cap. At least this would give them enough space to either bring Balcers up or trade for an inexpensive F, but it still wouldn't be ideal.

Yeah im not so sure on Names. While he has been pretty god awful offensively, he is a good PKer and good defensively. A spark plug in terms of his forechecking. It just seems like more of a chemistry move honestly. Being drafted and knowing the group so well, while he is beyond overpriced for the season he's having, JBB may just keep him around. I think if he stays he will have his moments in the playoffs, but he is without a doubt the casualty because of his cap hit, and if we are to upgrade, he almost certainly has to go without risking losing someone else to waivers
JTBF81 a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2023 à 19 h 48
Barabanov and Trenin are great options. The only reason I've been high on Hoglander the last year is because of last playoffs. Without Point, the offense really scared me at times. If it wasn't Stamkos, Kuch or Palat scoring, or the powerplay, all our offense was generated the same way, grind and garbage. Nothing wrong with that, it just felt like no one could really generate creative offense like the big dawgs could last playoffs and that gave me lots of nerves. Obviously its just splitting hairs at this point. I mean with the success that this team has had, its very nitpicky, but Hoglander is just a guy who has great playmaking ability and can drive the play with the puck on his stick. Yeah Brown isn't really my go to because i dont know a ton about him. Only reason I consider him is because he would likely be a lot cheaper than other blueline depth options at this deadline. I didnt necessarily pick him because he isnt a rental, although that is a bonus. I like Schenn, Bortuzzo, Kulikov, Merrill just off the top of my head. Unless St. Louis waves the white flag, they probably wouldn't trade Bortuzzo cause he's their best stay at home guy. But we are both of the same mindset I believe. A lot of people think that we should just keep blowing assets to minimally better the team. Were the the point now that we need to be very calculated with our spending.

I was higher on Hoglander a year or two ago, after he had a very promising .5 ppg rookie season. The last couple weren't as convincing, and I see he's now back in the AHL. He would be cheap for this season at least, so perhaps.

Yes, just like with the Hagel, Coleman, Goodrow, and Paul trades(among others), JBB and his team have been very shrewd in finding the lower cost players that have fit specific needs. In my opinion, a 3rd/4th line winger that is strong defensively(and has a little scoring touch), should be the target. While Killlorn-Stamkos-Paul is their best 2nd line combo, it looks like they'll be looking for a partner for Colton and Paul on the 3rd line. Barring another unfortunate major injury in the top 6, I think the scoring should be fine.
3 févr. 2023 à 19 h 55
Yeah im not so sure on Names. While he has been pretty god awful offensively, he is a good PKer and good defensively. A spark plug in terms of his forechecking. It just seems like more of a chemistry move honestly. Being drafted and knowing the group so well, while he is beyond overpriced for the season he's having, JBB may just keep him around. I think if he stays he will have his moments in the playoffs, but he is without a doubt the casualty because of his cap hit, and if we are to upgrade, he almost certainly has to go without risking losing someone else to waivers

If only JBB had gone for Kubalik instead lol. My biggest problems with Names are that he adds basically no offense, and he gets ragdolled against basically anyone out there. His lack of physicality often leads to turnovers/failed possessions. He is good on the pk and alright defensively though. I guess we'll see in.a few weeks if Brisebois has faith in him for the stretch run.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage