(VAN/NYI) - Horvat for Beauvillier, Räty, conditional 1st

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 1
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12
Quoting: worldwidesensei
BUF would never do that. Horvat isn't a need. JJP is a unicorn and Levi is considered the #1 G prospect. That's a lot to give up for a rental. Glad BUF didn't do that trade.

yeah, that's pretty much what :P means...

the point i was kind of making is that after trading away (after wasting, 4 pro games sitting on the taxi squad at 21, critical time for a developing goalie) Mikey DiPietro, the Canucks have zero goaltending depth, Arturs Silovs is literally all they have in the pipe now.

they could really -use- a top goalie prospect, and now.
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 2
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,314
Quoting: sleeparc
And people don't think Meier can return Alex Holtz...Timo>Horvat. Grier's price just went up.

I don’t think Raty, Beauvillier, 1st makes a case that Holtz should/would be traded for Meier.

Maybe…Salminen, Johnsson, 1st…or Casey, Johnsson, 1st…but hardly Holtz.
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 5
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 531
Quoting: nintendofan721
If the Islanders extend Horvat, it’s a fair deal. If not, then it’s a HUUUGE L for Lou

I voted Fair ASSUMING Horvat extends with NY. Be crazy if he doesn't
nintendofan721 a aimé ceci.
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 9
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 769
Quoting: poeticentropy
I voted Fair ASSUMING Horvat extends with NY. Be crazy if he doesn't

Hope he does for NYI sake. Otherwise terrible deal.

Stay tuned!
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 14
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,691
Quoting: BCAPP
Can I say both teams lose?

I think nyi overpaid if they cant get him to resign. They're not contenders and frankly may miss the playoffs. I do agree they need more higher end offensive skill so good job there. But they paid a large price for a pending ufa and they're not really in the place to do that. Plus they already had one very shallow prospect pool and traded from it plus a first. Eep.

If they resign him I'll reconsider

For van:
They got decent value I suppose, but they had to accept a lottery protection to get the good prospect. Okay I guess. But why on earth trade for beauvelier. Unless more happening they have way to many top 6 wingers.

They could always flip AB to a contender...?
BCAPP et yikes a aimé ceci.
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 15
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
I'm not sure how I feel about this one ... I kind of like it and I kind of don't.
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 15
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,691
Quoting: ON3M4N
Can't wait to see who Nucks fans start proposing next to acquire Carlo

Luke Schenn of course...
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 15
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 521
Oh jeez. Watch Horvat walk in UFA.

Don’t get me wrong, Horvat is an awesome add, but we’re essentially risking the rest of the farm on the whim of a guy who’s never been an Islander, AND in a year where we cleary won’t the Cup.
sensonfire a aimé ceci.
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 22
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,338
Fair deal, Horvat’s good and while I’m not sure why NYI did this, they protected their 1st
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 23
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,909
New York wins this trade unless: Isles don't make playoffs, Horvat walks, the pick in the 12-16 range. This kills all of the Monahan for 1rst deals now
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 27
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 14
At face value, I'd say the trade is fair. That's about the package I would expect for Horvat. However, the islanders are not one Bo Horvat away from contending and are likely to not even make the playoffs. They should be restocking their prospect pool, not tearing it down further.
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 28
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,318
Quoting: MadLin27
Raty being their top prospect is because of a bad farm system, not because Raty is a top prospect.

Beavillier is not a decent player. He has upside still but he has been bad the last 1.5 seasons.
At his cap hit he is a plug

Indeed.
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 40
Mentions "j'aime": 2,496
Quoting: MadLin27
Raty being their top prospect is because of a bad farm system, not because Raty is a top prospect.

Beavillier is not a decent player. He has upside still but he has been bad the last 1.5 seasons.
At his cap hit he is a plug

how can you not say raty is a top prospect? he is probably more valuable than knies is.
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 40
Taught Him Everythin
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 57
Personally think this is a loss for Canucks. Not because of the return. They lose a leader on a team that lacks it in Management. This team is weak at center, even more so now.
CSStrowbridge et rollie1967 a aimé ceci.
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 42
FanOfAllTeams
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 296
Now that is a sizeable trade
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 45
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 854
Quoting: KenHollandsGrandpa
Personally think this is a loss for Canucks. Not because of the return. They lose a leader on a team that lacks it in Management. This team is weak at center, even more so now.

I agree with your assessment for the Canucks, but the Islanders also gave up too much. There needs to be a "Both Lose" choice for trades like this.
rollie1967 a aimé ceci.
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 55
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
It's always amazing to me how people fail to consider opportunity cost in any trade for impact players. Contending teams have to pay a premium on star players because they are scare and they are ultimately what push teams to be in position for deep playoff runs.

This also isn't a conditional analysis: the trade isn't good or bad for the Islanders if they make or miss the playoffs. It's good because it gives them a better chance to make the playoffs and contend for a cup than holding onto two prospects and third line player. It's good for the Canucks because they maximize their return for a potential free agent. Both teams benefit and the trade market isn't zero sum.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 57
Taught Him Everythin
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 57
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
I agree with your assessment for the Canucks, but the Islanders also gave up too much. There needs to be a "Both Lose" choice for trades like this.

I mean yes it s a bit of an overpayment but if Horvat resigns then it's worth IMO. Nelson can play LW. Islanders bottom 6 contracts are so gross though. And Horvat has shown he can score goals (for this year at least).
30 janv. 2023 à 20 h 58
Canes hockey.
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 344
Canucks get a guy with 2nd line ceiling or higher, a 1st round pick that could or not be something (if it ends up to be a 2023 pick it will be) and they get a solid middle six roster player with some term that they could flip. I know it's tough to trade a guy that's been in the organisation for almost a decade, but this was the right choice. I think it would've been an awful move if they extended him. I think Isles overpaid but they have an amazing center core, Barzal, Horvat, Nelson. A very steep price to pay for a rental but if they go far it's worth it, we'll wait and see. Canucks win.
PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
30 janv. 2023 à 21 h 3
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 272
Quoting: sleeparc
And people don't think Meier can return Alex Holtz...Timo>Horvat. Grier's price just went up.

Timo isnt better than Horvat. Horvat is a beast in the face off circle, good defensively and has been lights out on the PP and around the net. He shouldve been a Canuck for life- everything you want in a center and a captain.

As for the trade- the Canucks won it if they turn that 1st into a top 6 forward or top 4 dman- but that will be years away, and while I like Beauvillier- the Canucks have plenty of good wingers, so not a great fit. Now with their massive holes on defense...theyve added another at center. Still a lot of work to get their roster fixed, and this trade could go either way depending on whom they pick- and who resigns- Horvat and Beauvilier who has just 1 year left before becoming a UFA.
30 janv. 2023 à 21 h 33
GO KNIGHTS GO
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,266
Retention’s nice. Isles probably come out ahead in short-medium term.
30 janv. 2023 à 21 h 35
Torresing
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 705
Quoting: rollie1967
Timo isnt better than Horvat. Horvat is a beast in the face off circle, good defensively and has been lights out on the PP and around the net. He shouldve been a Canuck for life- everything you want in a center and a captain.

As for the trade- the Canucks won it if they turn that 1st into a top 6 forward or top 4 dman- but that will be years away, and while I like Beauvillier- the Canucks have plenty of good wingers, so not a great fit. Now with their massive holes on defense...theyve added another at center. Still a lot of work to get their roster fixed, and this trade could go either way depending on whom they pick- and who resigns- Horvat and Beauvilier who has just 1 year left before becoming a UFA.

lol cute
30 janv. 2023 à 21 h 51
Mentions "j'aime": 2,318
Quoting: phillyjabroni
It's always amazing to me how people fail to consider opportunity cost in any trade for impact players. Contending teams have to pay a premium on star players because they are scare and they are ultimately what push teams to be in position for deep playoff runs.

This also isn't a conditional analysis: the trade isn't good or bad for the Islanders if they make or miss the playoffs. It's good because it gives them a better chance to make the playoffs and contend for a cup than holding onto two prospects and third line player. It's good for the Canucks because they maximize their return for a potential free agent. Both teams benefit and the trade market isn't zero sum.

Exactly. Ppl overvalue anything of value. Beauvilier HAD potential but he's essentially a 3rd line winger that is overpaid. Raty has skating issues, potential but you need to give to get a known asset. Isles certainly didnt overpay like ppl here LOVE to jump to early conclusions just like every Julien Brisebois trade was an 'overpay'
30 janv. 2023 à 22 h 3
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,254
Quoting: aadoyle

Are we about to see the creation of 6D chess

Gonna need to be a helluva return to qualify
CSStrowbridge et sensonfire a aimé ceci.
30 janv. 2023 à 22 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,883
Quoting: mokumboi
Gonna need to be a helluva return to qualify

If there is a team who thinks they can do it this year and says **** it all in Lou could walk out with a monster return

Or heck if he gets Horvat to agree to an extension trades him (with ret on the current deal) then the possibilities are endless.

Keep an eye on Seattle March 2nd they might pull a Vegas

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage