SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Edmundson to Edmonton

Créé par: Haynezy
Publié: 27 janv. 2023 à 8 h 21
Plafond salarial: 82 500 000 $
Journées à la saison: 76/185 (41%)
Détermination du registraire central: Cette transaction a rempli les différents critères exigés par le registraire central de la LNH.

Logo de Oilers d'EdmontonOilers d'Edmonton

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Foegele, WarrenOilers d'EdmontonLNH-2 750 000 $011---365510--
Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (Logo de Oilers d'EdmontonEDM)---010------
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Edmundson, JoelCanadiens de MontréalLNH20%2 800 000 $011---39156--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial317 500 $2345563410
Variation-50 000 $0000-10
Final267 500 $ (↓)23455633 (↓)10-40-4

Logo de Canadiens de MontréalCanadiens de Montréal

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Edmundson, JoelCanadiens de MontréalLNH20%2 800 000 $011---39156--
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Foegele, WarrenOilers d'EdmontonLNH-2 750 000 $011---365510--
Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (Logo de Oilers d'EdmontonEDM)---010------
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial5 565 834 $2246715616
Variation50 000 $000010
Final5 615 834 $ (↑)22467157 (↑)16404
27 janv. 2023 à 11 h 48
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,238
Since it's a Jets fan making this does that mean WPG is going to pay us to send Edmundson to EDM?

We'll take on Foegele for the 2nd for sure, just waiting for you to post the other half of this trade proposal.
Mental_yuppi a aimé ceci.
28 janv. 2023 à 14 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9
Quoting: Just_A_Guess
Since it's a Jets fan making this does that mean WPG is going to pay us to send Edmundson to EDM?

We'll take on Foegele for the 2nd for sure, just waiting for you to post the other half of this trade proposal.

I don't think Edmundson is as valuable as you think. He's not going to fetch what Chirot did last year. Let's remember Montreal acquired Edmundson for a 5th round pick 3 years ago and he's not better now compared to back then. Also, there are plenty of LD available this trade deadline so if the asking price is too high teams will move on.

Perhaps Winnipeg can pay for Edmundson to join since their contending this year and Montreal is not.
28 janv. 2023 à 16 h 30
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 159
mtl is in no rush to move edmundson,and they are asking for bourgault plus.so unless the habs get a chiarot type deal they wont move him.the oil is desperate and gavrikov or edmundson is the final piece.
28 janv. 2023 à 17 h 33
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 413
Quoting: Haynezy
I don't think Edmundson is as valuable as you think. He's not going to fetch what Chirot did last year. Let's remember Montreal acquired Edmundson for a 5th round pick 3 years ago and he's not better now compared to back then. Also, there are plenty of LD available this trade deadline so if the asking price is too high teams will move on.

Perhaps Winnipeg can pay for Edmundson to join since their contending this year and Montreal is not.

This clearly show that you don't remember well, here what the article was saying:

MONTREAL - Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin announced today that the team has acquired defenseman Joel Edmundson from the Carolina Hurricanes, in return for a fifth-round pick in 2020. Edmundson is set to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the current Stanley Cup Playoffs

This was for Edmundson RIGHT as a player that Bergevin pay the fifth pick. Hurricane have accepted because they knew they won't bring him back and get a small return over giving him for nothing in UFA market.

The value of a player right versus is real valor is so different. It's like if Winnipeg want a first prospect and roster player for Dubois right now and when he will be eligible to be UFA he be sold for a 5 round pick that don't mean that is the value of the player but only team that may trade a player right to another for a small return over losing him for nothing.
29 janv. 2023 à 11 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: EatMyScoobySnack
This clearly show that you don't remember well, here what the article was saying:

MONTREAL - Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin announced today that the team has acquired defenseman Joel Edmundson from the Carolina Hurricanes, in return for a fifth-round pick in 2020. Edmundson is set to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the current Stanley Cup Playoffs

This was for Edmundson RIGHT as a player that Bergevin pay the fifth pick. Hurricane have accepted because they knew they won't bring him back and get a small return over giving him for nothing in UFA market.

The value of a player right versus is real valor is so different. It's like if Winnipeg want a first prospect and roster player for Dubois right now and when he will be eligible to be UFA he be sold for a 5 round pick that don't mean that is the value of the player but only team that may trade a player right to another for a small return over losing him for nothing.

All I said was " Let's remember Montreal acquired Edmundson for a 5th round pick 3 years ago." And the title of the article is "the team has acquired defenseman Joel Edmundson from the Carolina Hurricanes, in return for a fifth-round pick in 2020."

I was aware it was for his rights (which is the same as acquiring the player but yes the value is different - I didn't specify just like the title of the article). However, some players' negotiating rights are more valuable than others. Even with his current contract I think he is being over-valued right now and I don't see MTL getting a package like the Chirot one.
29 janv. 2023 à 13 h 38
i have continually heard,for mtl it starts with BOURGAULT.it will be something similar to CHIAROT.EDMUNDSON is signed to a very reasonable contract,was one of the four clydesdales to take the habs to the final.and is exactly what the oil need.but a 2nd and a bad contract doesnt come close.its BOURGAULT,LAVOIE,DESHARNAIS and PULJUJARVI to make money work,while the habs throw in a forward with some bite like PEZZETTA.The is oil very close and need a big shutdown left dman on there 2nd pair,so if they dont get GAVRIKOV, they will pay it.
29 janv. 2023 à 14 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: delete
i have continually heard,for mtl it starts with BOURGAULT.it will be something similar to CHIAROT.EDMUNDSON is signed to a very reasonable contract,was one of the four clydesdales to take the habs to the final.and is exactly what the oil need.but a 2nd and a bad contract doesnt come close.its BOURGAULT,LAVOIE,DESHARNAIS and PULJUJARVI to make money work,while the habs throw in a forward with some bite like PEZZETTA.The is oil very close and need a big shutdown left dman on there 2nd pair,so if they dont get GAVRIKOV, they will pay it.

I've heard the reports but these reports aren't always correct. With so many LHD available this trade deadline I don't think they will get an A prospect, B prospect, 4th Liner and a reclamation project for Edmundson. Seems like a lot to me. Especially considering Edmundson's history of chronic back issues.

It will be interesting to see what Montreal can get if they decide to trade him.
29 janv. 2023 à 14 h 52
I've heard the reports but these reports aren't always correct. With so many LHD available this trade deadline I don't think they will get an A prospect, B prospect, 4th Liner and a reclamation project for Edmundson. Seems like a lot to me. Especially considering Edmundson's history of chronic back issues.

It will be interesting to see what Montreal can get if they decide to trade him.

other than GAVRIKOV who is a better fit for the oil? who are all these big physical left shooting dman u are talking about.oil dont want CHYCHRUN for the price, they have offence they need a defender.
30 janv. 2023 à 7 h 45
Démarrer sujet
other than GAVRIKOV who is a better fit for the oil? who are all these big physical left shooting dman u are talking about.oil dont want CHYCHRUN for the price, they have offence they need a defender.

Ekholm, McCabe and Kulikov are other options.
30 janv. 2023 à 10 h 16

ekholm makes 6m,0 cap room,mcabe has a no trade to edm,and kulikov was a complete bust the first time in edm.
30 janv. 2023 à 13 h 32
Démarrer sujet
ekholm makes 6m,0 cap room,mcabe has a no trade to edm,and kulikov was a complete bust the first time in edm.

Salary retention is an option with Ekholm but I think he will be too expensive. I suppose McCabe isn't an option if Edmonton is on his no trade list. Still, Edmonton already has bruisers like Nurse and Ceci so they aren't as desperate for that type of player who can shut down and play on the pk. Just someone who can fit into the 2LHD spot until Broberg develops. I wouldn't be surprised if Edmundson does end up in EDM but what you proposed is way too much in my opinion. Let's see what happens.
Finn2016 a aimé ceci.
30 janv. 2023 à 13 h 37
Mentions "j'aime": 491
Salary retention is an option with Ekholm but I think he will be too expensive. I suppose McCabe isn't an option if Edmonton is on his no trade list. Still, Edmonton already has bruisers like Nurse and Ceci so they aren't as desperate for that type of player who can shut down and play on the pk. Just someone who can fit into the 2LHD spot until Broberg develops. I wouldn't be surprised if Edmundson does end up in EDM but what you proposed is way too much in my opinion. Let's see what happens.

Just like to say im a Sabres fan that reads all trade proposals and enjoyed your thoughtful insights without emotion that is too often seen on site
Haynezy a aimé ceci.
31 janv. 2023 à 3 h 30
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 413

Yeah as term of LD depth the most interesting are Edmundson, Ekholm and Gavrikov. Not necessarily in this order but when one of them will move, it's will set the path for the other to be trade.

I think that they will probably be trade in the range of Savard trade ( 2x second pick along a prospect B ) or Chariot value (First round pick + prospect B ). All will depend on the demand and offer and the out biding.
Haynezy a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2023 à 9 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: EatMyScoobySnack
Yeah as term of LD depth the most interesting are Edmundson, Ekholm and Gavrikov. Not necessarily in this order but when one of them will move, it's will set the path for the other to be trade.

I think that they will probably be trade in the range of Savard trade ( 2x second pick along a prospect B ) or Chariot value (First round pick + prospect B ). All will depend on the demand and offer and the out biding.

McCabe is having a great year with lots of term left at a reasonable price for a top 4 defensemen.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage