SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Vancouver Canucks signed Andrei Kuzmenko (2 Years / $5,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

29 janv. 2023 à 19 h 42
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,101
Quoting: palhal
Well Burke is an expert about his teams racing to the bottom. Of course he traded first rounders so he didn't have the benefit of having a poor season

Not untrue, but that doesn't mean he's wrong.
29 janv. 2023 à 21 h 50
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Quoting: Knuckl3s
They're not mediocre right now either

De Nile is a river in Egypt
Sharkie69 a aimé ceci.
29 janv. 2023 à 23 h 51
No regretzkys
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 389
Good deal.
I disagree with everyone saying he should have been traded.
Keep him for now and he can still be moved if needed down the road.

I think his value will go up with additional experience. I don't see teams lining up to make a big offer for Kuzmenko at this point.
Sharkie69 a aimé ceci.
31 janv. 2023 à 9 h 14
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,707
Quoting: MadLin27
Good deal.
I disagree with everyone saying he should have been traded.
Keep him for now and he can still be moved if needed down the road.

I think his value will go up with additional experience. I don't see teams lining up to make a big offer for Kuzmenko at this point.

While I can see your point, I'd think thought of getting a premium package for a top 6 player because he's only making 975K against the salary cap would make GMs more likely to sell him.
5 févr. 2023 à 4 h 8
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,630
Quoting: Devil
De Nile is a river in Egypt

Oh, you're a scream, and I'm not wrong, just look at the standings
5 févr. 2023 à 4 h 10
Banni
Quoting: zk97
whatever he'd get in a trade would be much more valuable to the nucks than whatever he's gonna help them with in the next two seasons. not like theyre gonna contend at any point soon lmao, the team stinks

additionally, what do you yourself get out of responding individually to every person who said the kuzmenko signing doesn't make sense

I create a more accurate discourse to the situation by correcting those whom are wrong, that's what I get, and you don't think maybe the Canucks want to keep Kuzmenko around beyond his upcoming contract? Keep in mind, 1st round picks are not guarantees
5 févr. 2023 à 4 h 12
Banni
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Horvat is worth at least 2 mill+ more than Miller. Rutherford made the wrong decision x2 and refuses to try and fix it. But that's nonsense, why try and sign your best player/captain???

That's a stupid overvaluation on Horvat. Everybody is getting caught up in the career year Horvat is having now, while forgetting who he use to be, and will probably revert back to once he's got some major job security going into next season. Not only that, but we forget the season that Miller just had and why there was so much incentive from his camp to get a deal done before this season began. Not hard to figure out, and there is nothing to suggest against that Miller won't bounce back, in fact, I think he's already starting to in the limited sample size under Tocchet
5 févr. 2023 à 4 h 15
Banni
Quoting: majormoose007
Great contract but it's the wrong team who's signing it

Can't move forward as an organization if you just put up the white flag and move out all of the valuable players and only keep the players who are underacheiving. This management has said time and time again that they don't believe they need a scorched Earth rebuild. They didn't experience what happened under the previous regime like we did, so we can't expect them to have the same type of recency bias as we do
5 févr. 2023 à 4 h 18
Banni
Quoting: DarcyTucker
What's yours? You literally quoted half the website's users in this thread, seeking validation you haven't gotten and won't get.

I have gotten it, just that the people I receive it from don't feel they have to express themselves with words, unlike a nay-sayer like you
5 févr. 2023 à 4 h 23
Banni
Quoting: Bruins1054_gmb
The "facts." Lol. By not realizing that they should have traded Miller instead of extending him? You're delusional.

Hampus Lindholm before this season was in the honorable mentions section of worst contracts on the Athletic, so don't pretend you are oblivious to the fact that players who are signed into their thirties don't still have ups and downs. Miller is still scoring
5 févr. 2023 à 4 h 25
Banni
Quoting: DarcyTucker
LMAO

Okay Charles Manson
5 févr. 2023 à 4 h 25
Banni
Quoting: tkecanuck341
I'm not sure how else to translate "this roster needs major surgery" other than "scorched Earth rebuild."

One does not necessarily equate to the other
5 févr. 2023 à 10 h 8
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
Kuzmenko and Petterson are like 2 Ferraris at a 1 star dealership
5 févr. 2023 à 10 h 23
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426

27th in the league

You’re right, they’re below mediocre
NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2023 à 10 h 33
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,759
That's a stupid overvaluation on Horvat. Everybody is getting caught up in the career year Horvat is having now, while forgetting who he use to be, and will probably revert back to once he's got some major job security going into next season. Not only that, but we forget the season that Miller just had and why there was so much incentive from his camp to get a deal done before this season began. Not hard to figure out, and there is nothing to suggest against that Miller won't bounce back, in fact, I think he's already starting to in the limited sample size under Tocchet

If Miller is so great the why did New York/Tampa get rid of him? Why did Peterson and Kuzmenko make fun of him behind his back at the Columbus game? If Miller doesn't contribute to 2 points every game, then it would have been better if he wasn't on the ice due to his extremely lacklustre defence.
Horvat right now is flashy, yes. but I much prefer the 2 way player he was last season due to him somehow always being 2 steps ahead of others. If NYI signs him, Lou likes that kind of play style to complement Barzal.
6 févr. 2023 à 7 h 6
Banni
If Miller is so great the why did New York/Tampa get rid of him? Why did Peterson and Kuzmenko make fun of him behind his back at the Columbus game? If Miller doesn't contribute to 2 points every game, then it would have been better if he wasn't on the ice due to his extremely lacklustre defence.
Horvat right now is flashy, yes. but I much prefer the 2 way player he was last season due to him somehow always being 2 steps ahead of others. If NYI signs him, Lou likes that kind of play style to complement Barzal.

Horvat isn't a two-way player, it's a stupid myth that somehow got created by the fact that he's personality-wise a good soldier

Tampa Bay needed more role players, they already had enough scorers, that's why Miller was disposable. New coach will find a way to stabilize Miller's defensive game, Bruce couldn't find any answers to it, which shouldn't be that surprising since he wasn't managements guy. What do you mean Pettersson and Kuzmenko were making fun of him?
6 févr. 2023 à 7 h 7
Banni
Quoting: Devil
27th in the league

You’re right, they’re below mediocre

I rest my case
6 févr. 2023 à 7 h 40
Leafs going to Leafs
Horvat isn't a two-way player, it's a stupid myth that somehow got created by the fact that he's personality-wise a good soldier

Tampa Bay needed more role players, they already had enough scorers, that's why Miller was disposable. New coach will find a way to stabilize Miller's defensive game, Bruce couldn't find any answers to it, which shouldn't be that surprising since he wasn't managements guy. What do you mean Pettersson and Kuzmenko were making fun of him?

Go onto YouTube and search up "Peterson and Kuzmenko making fun of Miller" and there will be clips of them pretending to smash their sticks exactly like how Miller did the previous game. My point about TB and NYR was that miller was disposable due to his defensive play. Horvat was always a 2 way player. He plays PK and PP and is great at both
13 févr. 2023 à 23 h 10
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,686
^ ^ 85 ^ ^ experts said good deal...yeah for the pressbox!

The hits with this franchise just keep giving, and giving. Jimbo 2.0 gives KUZE a new, overpay deal and a week later the new coach hired-gun practically staples his arse to the bench. Can't make this stuff up - this franchise just keeps giving, and giving, and giving...
23 févr. 2023 à 7 h 26
Banni
Go onto YouTube and search up "Peterson and Kuzmenko making fun of Miller" and there will be clips of them pretending to smash their sticks exactly like how Miller did the previous game. My point about TB and NYR was that miller was disposable due to his defensive play. Horvat was always a 2 way player. He plays PK and PP and is great at both

JT Miller is playing better under Tocchet, and the underlying metrics back it up. I don't recall him breaking any sticks, but I know OEL did and Tocchet called him out. If Horvat is what you say he is, then why is he an Islander and O'Reilly is a Maple Leaf?
CSStrowbridge a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2023 à 8 h 46
Leafs going to Leafs
JT Miller is playing better under Tocchet, and the underlying metrics back it up. I don't recall him breaking any sticks, but I know OEL did and Tocchet called him out. If Horvat is what you say he is, then why is he an Islander and O'Reilly is a Maple Leaf?

Because both Lou and Dubas realized that you don't win games 10-9 but instead need good defence to go along with your top tier scoring.

Here is the link to Peterson and Kuzmenko making fun of Miller breaking his sticks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSTPz1eX7pE
24 mars 2023 à 10 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 847
Because both Lou and Dubas realized that you don't win games 10-9 but instead need good defence to go along with your top tier scoring.

Here is the link to Peterson and Kuzmenko making fun of Miller breaking his sticks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSTPz1eX7pE

Two points:

1.) That was overblown. The Canucks were winning and they were clearly having a good time.
2.) Since your post, Miller has player 13 games, earning 19 points and is a +9. Tocchet has got him to play a full game.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage