Forums/Armchair-GM

TDL option

Créé par: UnkleRakesh
Équipe: 2022-23 Bruins de Boston
Date de création initiale: 26 janv. 2023
Publié: 26 janv. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Bruins might have to trade away some additional low-mid round picks to get Kane and Toews Salary under the cap. If an intermediary team retains another 50%, the Bruins would be about $1M under the cap!

Playing Kane on the 3RW should be a surprising value add to Kane with his hip injury. Hall type story where he doesn’t have to be “the guy”, managed minutes for his injury issue, and will be a significant upgrade over Smith in that role. Also bolsters the 2nd PP unit. Making a true 1A/1B situation there. Hall, Coyle, Kane sound pretty darn close to a 1C forward line.

Toews has the best faceoff win percentage and Captain Canada level leader. He’s much better this year and would be a significant upgrade over Nosek on the 4th line. Another PP/PK option who can move up the lineup as needed.

Upgrading on Grzelyck which also gives the Bruins a good option for a long term 2LD with much more upside than he offers. Not going to lie, Chychrun’s injury risk is somewhat high, but it could be a similar situation as Grze where he’s being asked to play above his current level. In 2LD, he will get slightly less top line matchups, which will allow him to grow into himself a little more. Can be more offense than Grze and has a little more size to bolster that up. He may have some defensive holes, but so does Grze, so, I take the more offense all day. Can run a PP if needed and locks the D down for years to come.

Added bonus to Toews and Kane is the option to extend them should Krejci/Bergy decide not to continue next year. Opens up the option to trade DeBrusk before the draft for a 1st and prospect to help fill the prospect pool and free up some salary while Lysell develops into a full time NHL players. Maybe, instead of trying to pay Horvat, you can get Kane and Toews for a little less and still have a competitive team with top level D and goaltending.

In all fairness, outside of Smith, everyone is adding to this team. Smith isn’t hurting them at all either and maybe time in the top line will get him back to where he was when he came here.

The Bruins could potentially stand Pat and do nothing and I’d be ok with that.

Worse thing they can do change the chemistry of the top 8 forwards. Seeing trades that move more than 2 roster players out makes zero sense. Small, consistent, upgrades at value (players with NMC clauses are perfect).
Transactions
BOS
  1. Kane, Patrick (5 250 000 $ retained)
  2. Toews, Jonathan (5 250 000 $ retained)
CHI
  1. Nosek, Tomas
  2. Reilly, Mike
  3. Smith, Craig
  4. Steen, Oskar
  5. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (BOS)
  6. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (BOS)
  7. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (BOS)
BOS
  1. Chychrun, Jakob (600 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
Small retention depending on how the Kane and Toews deals go from a salary retention.
ARI
  1. Grzelcyk, Matt
  2. Lohrei, Mason [Liste de réserve]
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (BOS)
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (BOS)
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de LAK
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $78 666 667 $0 $4 650 000 $3 833 333 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 000 000 $$2M)
C
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 666 667 $6 666 667 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
-2 625 000 $-2 625 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
AG, C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
NTC, NMC
UFA - 8
Logo de Bruins de Boston
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 8
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
Logo de Bruins de Boston
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance150 000 $$150K)
G
RFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 137 500 $1 137 500 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
762 500 $762 500 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
Who do Bruins target?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

26 janv. 2023 à 1 h 26
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,707
Hawks hang up and never call back ever after this insult of an offer. Remove Kane and toews from this trade and the hawks might accept. It's that bad.
V123, Earth et Garak a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2023 à 1 h 39
Vegas Repeat
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 760
Quoting: SociallyHawkward
Hawks hang up and never call back ever after this insult of an offer. Remove Kane and toews from this trade and the hawks might accept. It's that bad.

Agree
If Chicago accepted this, this would be the most fleeced a team has gotten since the mark stone trade (at least that I can think of)
SociallyHawkward et Garak a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2023 à 2 h 1
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,047
Take out Kane and Toews from that trade and the Hawks likely accept.
Garak a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2023 à 8 h 4
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,528
It blows me away how people think major moves for a team as good as boston is smart.

For what its worth guess which right wing on this roster you just built has the fewest even strength points.
26 janv. 2023 à 9 h 49
Démarrer sujet
GM
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 15
Quoting: DefenseFirst
It blows me away how people think major moves for a team as good as boston is smart.

For what its worth guess which right wing on this roster you just built has the fewest even strength points.

Moving out Smith who’s been in and out of the lineup and almost no points to add in Kane is not shifting this roster in a bad direction. Look at the team he’s playing on as well.

Nosek is good away from the puck, but so is Toews

Quoting: Lancebmx
Take out Kane and Toews from that trade and the Hawks likely accept.

They both have NMCs. People seem to forget the Hall trade. A bunch of expiring contracts and 3 picks for them, while a fleecing, may actually be the only deal they can get.

I also wrote in my novel of a description that I’d only mess with the bottom of the roster and Grze who is 2nd pair D. While they are big name players coming back, it isn’t changing the dynamic of this team in the wrong direction as some of the 6 team trades that are floating around.
26 janv. 2023 à 9 h 58
Démarrer sujet
GM
I also said, I don’t think the Bruins do all of this and should only do it if the results is people are saying “I can’t believe they got him for that” when the dust settles.

Bruins are a wagon right now and you don’t mess with that much. The only small gaps are 3RW and 2LD. Both players who will fill that spot are not hurting the team to any level. I’m more than happy going into the playoffs with the current squad and keeping our picks so when we “suck” next year, we have something in the cupboard to start the “rebuild.”

Hard to call it a rebuild when you have 2 of the best D in the league, top 2 goalies, and if they extend him; one of the best goal scorers in the league.

Also hard to imagine them sucking with those players in the lineup. Goaltending can cover a lot of team issues, but with the center position being as weak as it will be without Bergy and Krejci, the odds of them being a wagon are low.
26 janv. 2023 à 10 h 17
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,528
Quoting: UnkleRakesh
Moving out Smith who’s been in and out of the lineup and almost no points to add in Kane is not shifting this roster in a bad direction. Look at the team he’s playing on as well.

They both have NMCs. People seem to forget the Hall trade. A bunch of expiring contracts and 3 picks for them, while a fleecing, may actually be the only deal they can get.

I also wrote in my novel of a description that I’d only mess with the bottom of the roster and Grze who is 2nd pair D. While they are big name players coming back, it isn’t changing the dynamic of this team in the wrong direction as some of the 6 team trades that are floating around.

Smith is only in because of injury. You’re not just moving him out. You’re moving someone down. All three of the players you could be moving down have more even strength points than kane, and we all know it’s difficult to find a position on this top powerplay unit. Kane ain’t it. No help.

FYI, this doesn’t mean stand pat. Go get some depth. Go get a Bjugstad in case a center gets dinged up. Go get a Parise to fill in if virtually any winger gets hurt. Grab a Schenn to play behind McAvoy, Carlo, and Clifton in case of injury. The bruins should be focused on injury insurance, not re-making this roster.
26 janv. 2023 à 14 h 17
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,422

You seem to forget there are other teams in the league. Kane and Toews not giving Hawks a list of 1. And if this is the return, then I tell Kane and Toews sorry, and let them rot the rest of the year on the Hawks.
26 janv. 2023 à 18 h 6
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,047

They could get a second round pick for each and have more value going to Chicago. Not too mention they wouldn't have to take Reilly's cap hit.
28 janv. 2023 à 20 h 9
Démarrer sujet
GM
Quoting: klassic
You seem to forget there are other teams in the league. Kane and Toews not giving Hawks a list of 1. And if this is the return, then I tell Kane and Toews sorry, and let them rot the rest of the year on the Hawks.

You seem to forget that both have full NMC so they can say “only Boston” and the Hawks will take what they can’t get
29 janv. 2023 à 10 h 45
Scyie_
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5
Bruins aren't blowing up their entire depth and draft capital for one last miracle cup run. Don Sweeney is a moron but he isn't that stupid to blow up this teams depth and future for one playoff run. this is nonsense

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage