Forums/Armchair-GM

Going Bonkers

Créé par: Shakabakes
Équipe: 2022-23 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 25 janv. 2023
Publié: 25 janv. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Rangers are expected to accrue between $5.5M to $7M by the TDL to make up the current deficit.
Transactions
NYR
  1. Tarasenko, Vladimir (3 750 000 $ retained)
STL
  1. Korczak, Ryder
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
The Better Pick of the Two 1st Rounders
NYR
  1. Meier, Timo (3 000 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
Rangers have no Cap space to resign Timo. Pure rental who won't be given an Offseason QO, and will become UFA.

No 1st in the deal, but a former 1OA from 2020 that everyone has wanted to poach makes up the difference for a rental.
SJS
  1. Lafrenière, Alexis
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
Don't think Lafreniere actually gets moved, but wanted to play around.
NYR
  1. Gavrikov, Vladislav (1 400 000 $ retained)
CBJ
  1. Blais, Samuel
  2. Kravtsov, Vitali
  3. Pajuniemi, Lauri
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (DAL)
ARI
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (COL)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de DAL
Logo de NYR
Logo de MIN
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $78 933 136 $0 $850 000 $3 566 864 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
0 $0 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Rangers de New York
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
0 $0 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 7
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
450 000 $450 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
C
UFA - 2
766 667 $766 667 $
C
RFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DG
RFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance50 000 $$50K)
G
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
25 janv. 2023 à 12 h 32
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,542
this would actually be fantastic for the sharks, especially if you don’t QO Meier. think Laff and with the tank possibly 2nd OA Fantilli and to top it off the cap space to then resign Meier in the offseason and sharks are a much better deeper team!
this would be dumb move for NYR though. lot to give up for 3 months of Meier
25 janv. 2023 à 12 h 59
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,962
Adding more wingers makes your package less attractive to the Jackets, not more.
benjgc, BoomerTheHero et squashmaple a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2023 à 13 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 877
Quoting: Viqsi
Adding more wingers makes your package less attractive to the Jackets, not more.

Kravtsov is for the main deal. Pajuniemi is compensation for Blais.
25 janv. 2023 à 13 h 16
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,075
Change the prospect to Robertson and the Blues might be more inclined.
25 janv. 2023 à 13 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
this would actually be fantastic for the sharks, especially if you don’t QO Meier. think Laff and with the tank possibly 2nd OA Fantilli and to top it off the cap space to then resign Meier in the offseason and sharks are a much better deeper team!

Yeah, I don't think Lafreniere gets moved. As good as Meier is, it's not good asset management to trade a 1OA for a rental.

Made this more to see how things would work out Cap wise, which they were surprisingly able to fit.
25 janv. 2023 à 13 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: mokumboi
Change the prospect to Robertson and the Blues might be more inclined.

Korczak has been the flavor of the month amongst many Blues posts recently. I think he's garnered enough attention from the St Louis fan base that would make him seem satisfactory.
25 janv. 2023 à 13 h 25
GM
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,701
Well you are true to the title, I give you that... cool
Also imagine if they don't win it with this lineup, then it is time to give up on hockey...

Or at the very least give up on the team.
25 janv. 2023 à 13 h 26
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 531
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks

I must not be understanding this scenario at all but I thought NYR would have his RFA rights after this deal which means Meier could go anywhere after they don't QO Meier. There's no specific tie to SJ and he would likely not come back to SJ. So this would be an absolutely terrible deal for SJ, losing Meier for less than a 23' 1st return is not going to happen. SJ is not going to do destination teams favors unless collectively all interested parties do not have the cap space for him. In other words they don't care if the destination team can keep him or not, that's not SJ's problem: SJ is getting maximum return for Meier because they'd prefer to keep him anyway.
25 janv. 2023 à 13 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: poeticentropy
I must not be understanding this scenario at all but I thought NYR would have his RFA rights after this deal which means Meier could go anywhere after they don't QO Meier. There's no specific tie to SJ and he would likely not come back to SJ. So this would be an absolutely terrible deal for SJ, losing Meier for less than a 23' 1st return is not going to happen. SJ is not going to do destination teams favors unless collectively all interested parties do not have the cap space for him. In other words they don't care if the destination team can keep him or not, that's not SJ's problem: SJ is getting maximum return for Meier because they'd prefer to keep him anyway.

Based on how you look at him, resurrecting Lafreniere is the bigger prize.

If you are of the mindset that he's already a Bust, then Yes, the Sharks are getting fleeced.

But if you are of the mindset that there is still untapped potential there, then San Jose is getting a young player with exceptional talent.

And the Rangers don't have enough Cap space to give Meier a QO next Season. And since everyone knows it, it's very unlikely someone would want to pull off an expensive trade for his rights, knowing that the Rangers will have to cut him loose anyway.
25 janv. 2023 à 13 h 57
mokumboi
Quoting: Shakabakes
Korczak has been the flavor of the month amongst many Blues posts recently. I think he's garnered enough attention from the St Louis fan base that would make him seem satisfactory.

Except the fan base isn't what compels trade asks. smile
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: AG_sweden
Well you are true to the title, I give you that... cool
Also imagine if they don't win it with this lineup, then it is time to give up on hockey...

Or at the very least give up on the team.

I'm more of a Lafreniere detractor, to this point. If it's the Rangers screwing him up, then so be it. But when Chytil and Kakko struggled in the beginning, there were still certain facets of their game that made up for their lack of point production. And then eventually, the other areas caught up.

Lafreniere is absolutely invisible. Despite the lack of production, there is no other area of his game where he sticks out. I know it's probably wrong to move him this early, but in year 3, he's not showing the same progression as some of the other young Forwards before him.

And while I have liked Kravtsov 's improvement of late, they're jerking him around, too. His hijinks last year with Drury included, and I don't see him being around for the long haul.

The Two 1st Rounders will likely be later in the Round. Solid Draft class or not, they can be had.
AG_sweden a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Except the fan base isn't what compels trade asks. smile

So who's your source in the Blues upper hierarchy who specifically requested Robertson?
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 29
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 531
Based on how you look at him, resurrecting Lafreniere is the bigger prize.

If you are of the mindset that he's already a Bust, then Yes, the Sharks are getting fleeced.

But if you are of the mindset that there is still untapped potential there, then San Jose is getting a young player with exceptional talent.

And the Rangers don't have enough Cap space to give Meier a QO next Season. And since everyone knows it, it's very unlikely someone would want to pull off an expensive trade for his rights, knowing that the Rangers will have to cut him loose anyway.

Well put. I'm on the fence with Lafreniere, so probably why I don't see his value as high. I think it's too early to call him a bust because he's only 21! A new environment and given several years he could eventually shine (if you look at Meier's early years he was pretty slow out of the gates while on excellent Sharks teams). It's not a guarentee whereas Meier performance is more certain, so to compensate for that SJ doesn't put all their chips in one basket (Laf) in the deal, they should have other good assets coming back that might work out well for them (23' 1st or other prospects) if Laf is indeed a bust. Another SJ fan recently pointed out that SJ is notoriously terrible at selecting mid to late 1st round assets, so maybe it's a mute point anyway.
Shakabakes a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 36
mokumboi
So who's your source in the Blues upper hierarchy who specifically requested Robertson?

Never claimed to have one and I can't promise they like Robertson, but I do understand the team needs and what types of players they like - a smooth skating, hard compete big LD who can make a first pass checks both those boxes. On the other hand, the wing stable is already loaded and a small poor skating type isn't their bag anyway.
Shakabakes a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 45
Jimbo1119
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 755
I'm more of a Lafreniere detractor, to this point. If it's the Rangers screwing him up, then so be it. But when Chytil and Kakko struggled in the beginning, there were still certain facets of their game that made up for their lack of point production. And then eventually, the other areas caught up.

Lafreniere is absolutely invisible. Despite the lack of production, there is no other area of his game where he sticks out. I know it's probably wrong to move him this early, but in year 3, he's not showing the same progression as some of the other young Forwards before him.

And while I have liked Kravtsov 's improvement of late, they're jerking him around, too. His hijinks last year with Drury included, and I don't see him being around for the long haul.

The Two 1st Rounders will likely be later in the Round. Solid Draft class or not, they can be had.

I make no bones about NOT being a fan of moving 1sts for rentals...but I also acknowledge that reality is that at least one of those picks will be dealt. If that's the case, Tarasenko and Meier are far and away the best options to add a top 6 F. While Kane might help to make a daunting PP even better, either Meier or Tarasenko would also be helpful there- yet would be better at driving 5X5 play. I think Tarasenko is most likely the guy- only because he probably wont be as expensive as Meier (beyond the 2023 1st).

As far as Gavrikov, it does look as if (considering last year TDL and trades mentioned here) a 1st + will be involved to get him...to upgrade the 3rd pair, I don't think NYR will consider this- unless they have other plans for Lindgren or Miller after the season (doubtful on both). Max I see spending on 3LD is a 3rd + a distant prospect.

one other thing...I know NYR really have no ability to extend anyone they pick up (without losing Cap or a player who needs an extension)- but any idea on what reasonable contracts look like for Gavrikov and Tarasenko? I assume Meier will be in the stratosphere. (BTW his career stats are a mirror image of Buch!!)
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 46
GM
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,701

I'm not sure if he is invisible. But he does seem uninterested at times. But that varies game to game I think. But I can say the same about Krieder and Panarin. To me Panarin is the biggest problem.
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Never claimed to have one and I can't promise they like Robertson, but I do understand the team needs and what types of players they like - a smooth skating, hard compete big LD who can make a first pass checks both those boxes. On the other hand, the wing stable is already loaded and a small poor skating type isn't their bag anyway.

Understand the interest in Robertson, but Korczak is listed as a C, not a Wing like Kravtsov. A more desirable position.

Given that he's the best C Prospect we have (if that's saying much), along with the uncertainty of RoR, I figured that would pique the Blues interest. Add that with the interest in Korczak from their fan base (whether that means something or not), and I figured that it could be a intriguing in a deal.
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 57
mokumboi
Understand the interest in Robertson, but Korczak is listed as a C, not a Wing like Kravtsov. A more desirable position.

Given that he's the best C Prospect we have (if that's saying much), along with the uncertainty of RoR, I figured that would pique the Blues interest. Add that with the interest in Korczak from their fan base (whether that means something or not), and I figured that it could be a intriguing in a deal.

Heh. They like small, minus skating Cs even less. And even if he eventually turned into a useful player, acquiring Korczak wouldn't have anything to do with replacing ROR. If there's any minor Rangers F prospect they might like, it's probably Sikora. But again, just reading the tea leaves.
Shakabakes a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2023 à 21 h 10
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,962
Kravtsov is for the main deal. Pajuniemi is compensation for Blais.

Honestly, we wouldn't see it that way. Pajuniemi would not have value here as we don't have room for additional wingers. Taking on Blais would require some other form of compensation. And Kravtsov would likely be just as jerked around and underutilized here as he is there if not moreso.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage