Forums/Armchair-GM

Time to make some changes

Créé par: SimonSelaars3
Équipe: 2022-23 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 23 janv. 2023
Publié: 23 janv. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
JEEK is undoubtedly the best center on the team and his 5v5 potential is being wasted with Greenway and Foligno. The GREEF line needs to come to an end if this team wants to move forward. I know they tried Ek with KK97 and Zucc last season but they didn’t give them enough time to acclimate to playing with each other. Ek’s gritty puck retrieval style of play should be able to work with KK and Zucc, Ek retrieves the puck, gets it to one of the other two and let them work their magic while he plays net front.

Boldy needs some serious help on that 2nd line, Hartman has been disappointing and Gaudreau just isn’t cutting it anymore. Rossi has 20 points (7+13) in his 20 game AHL stint so far and right now feels like a good time for him to get a call up and play some real top 6 NHL minutes. If they can add Kuzmenko I think it would really take some of the load off Boldy when it comes to playmaking, plus I think putting Rossi between 2 legitimate Top 6 wingers would make his adaptation process into the NHL a whole lot easier rather than him playing 10 minutes a game with 4th liners.

The 3rd line is the new pest line. Dewey 1 and Dewey 2 have both been bright spots this season while getting minimal 5v5 time. They both deserve promotions with more playing time. This line would be very speedy, Hartman can be the shooter and all 3 of them are great at being pests.

4th line is pretty simple, a defensively responsible center between two of the scariest dudes in the league.

D pairs are pretty self explanatory, if Addison struggles defensively on the 2nd pair then you could pair Schenn with Brodin instead and revert Addison back to a pair with Merrill.

Goalies don’t change but Gustavsson is making a very strong case to take on more starts
Transactions
VAN
  1. Beckman, Adam
  2. Dumba, Matt
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (MIN)
MIN
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (SEA)
SEA
  1. Greenway, Jordan
Détails additionnels:
To any team that wants to add some size
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de SEA
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $71 720 254 $0 $2 382 500 $10 779 746 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 4
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C
UFA - 7
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C
RFA - 3
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance600 000 $$600K)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 2
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
787 500 $787 500 $
G
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
795 000 $795 000 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DD
RFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 2
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
825 000 $825 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
23 janv. 2023 à 3 h 5
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,033
Canucks pass. If they move Kuzmenko they probably get either a 1st or a player that’s not a pending UFA
23 janv. 2023 à 4 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 536
Quoting: mv21227
Canucks pass. If they move Kuzmenko they probably get either a 1st or a player that’s not a pending UFA

Kuzmenko is a pending UFA……
23 janv. 2023 à 8 h 31
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
I don't understand what you're doing here. Why make the team worse (lateral moves at best) and then add rentals? This turns into a 2nd+Beckmen+Greenway+Dumba for a 3rd to stay a fringe Playoff team.

You just sabotaged the Boldy line by putting Rossi on it. The team's 2nd best center is in the pressbox. The Dewys are nice cheap 11/12 FWDs but shouldn't be any higher than that in the lineup.

It's still a team with 3 Top-6 FWDs (JEE, Kap, Zucc), 2 middle-6 FWDs (Boldy, Kuz), and the rest players that belong on the 4th line (with the ability to play up) of a quality team at best. The d-corps is junk with 4 bottom pair quality players. Middleton/Spurgeon can't/doesn't play big 5v5 minutes, even with Brodin or Dumba out Goli has gone for the pressbox to playing more 5v5 minutes than they do.
23 janv. 2023 à 10 h 41
MNBassman
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,569
Quoting: wabit
I don't understand what you're doing here. Why make the team worse (lateral moves at best) and then add rentals? This turns into a 2nd+Beckmen+Greenway+Dumba for a 3rd to stay a fringe Playoff team.

You just sabotaged the Boldy line by putting Rossi on it. The team's 2nd best center is in the pressbox. The Dewys are nice cheap 11/12 FWDs but shouldn't be any higher than that in the lineup.

It's still a team with 3 Top-6 FWDs (JEE, Kap, Zucc), 2 middle-6 FWDs (Boldy, Kuz), and the rest players that belong on the 4th line (with the ability to play up) of a quality team at best. The d-corps is junk with 4 bottom pair quality players. Middleton/Spurgeon can't/doesn't play big 5v5 minutes, even with Brodin or Dumba out Goli has gone for the pressbox to playing more 5v5 minutes than they do.

I disagree with almost everything here. Plus, if Steel is the 2nd best center on the team, what can you possibly lose by pulling Rossi up? I’m creeping up on 55 and my hands are probably still better than Steel’s! He’s horrible! 90% of the time he gets the puck, nothing happens…except bad stuff.
Greenway sucks! He needs to go for anything or nothing!
Rossi should get another look this year, especially with players with skill…not the bs minutes dipsh!t Evason gave him!

I would do everything here except pairing Addison with Brodin. I would pair Brodin with Schenn and give Brodin a longer leash for the first time in his career! I would also swap Gaudreau with Dewar to give that line a chance to offer some auxiliary scoring.
IMHO, this team is MUCH better and more balanced than the current team Evason has no idea what to do with!
23 janv. 2023 à 11 h 10
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: SimonSelaars3

And trading him for another pending UFA makes no sense because they are not in a playoff position….
mv21227 a aimé ceci.
23 janv. 2023 à 11 h 22
Quoting: MNBassman
I disagree with almost everything here. Plus, if Steel is the 2nd best center on the team, what can you possibly lose by pulling Rossi up? I’m creeping up on 55 and my hands are probably still better than Steel’s! He’s horrible! 90% of the time he gets the puck, nothing happens…except bad stuff.
Greenway sucks! He needs to go for anything or nothing!
Rossi should get another look this year, especially with players with skill…not the bs minutes dipsh!t Evason gave him!

I would do everything here except pairing Addison with Brodin. I would pair Brodin with Schenn and give Brodin a longer leash for the first time in his career! I would also swap Gaudreau with Dewar to give that line a chance to offer some auxiliary scoring.
IMHO, this team is MUCH better and more balanced than the current team Evason has no idea what to do with!

Steel is the 2nd best center on the team, it's really not even close. He's still a plug, but his hands and speed are better than the rest of the plugs on the team. They should have treated Sturm better and kept him. He'd easily be the 2nd best center on the team this year.

Rossi isn't a NHL caliber player. He does well in the AHL on special teams but doesn't add anything 5v5. Walker is the only AHLer that could argue for any NHL time.

I'm meh on Greenway this year, but I'd take him in the lineup over all over Reaves, Dewar, Duhaime, Shaw, Hartman, and even Foligno half the time this year.

The only positive about Schenn is that he has a physical game. Everything else about him is on par with Merrill, Middleton, Kulikov, and Goli. Fine as a bottom pair/PK guy, but any higher in the lineup and he's out of place. I wouldn't mind him as the 3RD and Addison benched.
MNBassman a aimé ceci.
23 janv. 2023 à 11 h 51
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,033
Quoting: SimonSelaars3

And the Canucks are sellers. Sellers don’t trade for pending UFAs, they trade them away
23 janv. 2023 à 16 h 10
MNBassman
Steel is the 2nd best center on the team, it's really not even close. He's still a plug, but his hands and speed are better than the rest of the plugs on the team. They should have treated Sturm better and kept him. He'd easily be the 2nd best center on the team this year.

Rossi isn't a NHL caliber player. He does well in the AHL on special teams but doesn't add anything 5v5. Walker is the only AHLer that could argue for any NHL time.

I'm meh on Greenway this year, but I'd take him in the lineup over all over Reaves, Dewar, Duhaime, Shaw, Hartman, and even Foligno half the time this year.

The only positive about Schenn is that he has a physical game. Everything else about him is on par with Merrill, Middleton, Kulikov, and Goli. Fine as a bottom pair/PK guy, but any higher in the lineup and he's out of place. I wouldn't mind him as the 3RD and Addison benched.

Start watching Steel’s hands. They are BY FAR the worst hands on the team and not even NHL caliber. He can skate well, that’s it!
The thing this team needs more than anything is someone Boldy can play with, which is why I like the idea of acquiring Kuzmenko…or any other reasonably priced guy who can think the game fast.

Don’t forget to watch Steel - his hands are pathetic and now K and Z are starting to freeze him out…no good!
23 janv. 2023 à 16 h 37
Quoting: MNBassman
Start watching Steel’s hands. They are BY FAR the worst hands on the team and not even NHL caliber. He can skate well, that’s it!
The thing this team needs more than anything is someone Boldy can play with, which is why I like the idea of acquiring Kuzmenko…or any other reasonably priced guy who can think the game fast.

Don’t forget to watch Steel - his hands are pathetic and now K and Z are starting to freeze him out…no good!

He muffed a puck last game, but his hands are decent overall. Kap/Zucc and Boldy lines have both been better with Steel than without.

1 skill play a game, no more, no less Freddy G. Dewar has no o-zone skills except but decent speed, decent PKer. Hartman has a shot, but can't pass to save his life, and does stupid things. This is just picking the least bad of the bunch, and this year it's Steel. Steel needs to shoot more instead of trying to make that extra pass (a la Granny).

Any skill that is added to Boldy's line is immediately subtracted by adding the blackhole that is Rossi.

Boldy needs to be put with Greenway and JEE. There are a lot of wide open nets for Boldy to shank his shots on, rather than Foligno shanking his shots or not being a step too slow to get to the puck. The coach is too stubborn headed to try out different line combos when things aren't working.
MNBassman a aimé ceci.
23 janv. 2023 à 17 h 12
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 121
He muffed a puck last game, but his hands are decent overall. Kap/Zucc and Boldy lines have both been better with Steel than without.

1 skill play a game, no more, no less Freddy G. Dewar has no o-zone skills except but decent speed, decent PKer. Hartman has a shot, but can't pass to save his life, and does stupid things. This is just picking the least bad of the bunch, and this year it's Steel. Steel needs to shoot more instead of trying to make that extra pass (a la Granny).

Any skill that is added to Boldy's line is immediately subtracted by adding the blackhole that is Rossi.

Boldy needs to be put with Greenway and JEE. There are a lot of wide open nets for Boldy to shank his shots on, rather than Foligno shanking his shots or not being a step too slow to get to the puck. The coach is too stubborn headed to try out different line combos when things aren't working.

Overall I agree, the GREEF line needs to be split up as we are wasting EKs abilities but basically playing mostly Def rather than playing 200 ft with KK and Zucc. Steel is a decent 3rd line C but doesn't have enough skill to play with KK and Zucc -- his hands are ROCKS! Essentially we are wasting the skill of our top line.

Boldy is getting the short end of the stick here, no one to really play with and has to basically produce on his skill alone, but its harder when you don't have elite speed. Getting a compliment for him is priority #1.

Greenway is noticeable out there (hard shot, size while holding/protecting the puck, speed once he gets going), but doesn't produce for the amount of chances he gets and take tumbles a lot because of his skating is clunky. I feel Greeway will be better off being traded and letting someone cheaper (Duhaime) take his spot.

IMO Freddy G is significant better than Steel and it not even close -- better speed, better hands, plays physical and better defensively. You could use him between any combo Foligno, Greenway, Duhaime and you'd create a cheaper GREEF line that can focus mostly on D and let the two scoring lines be scoring lines. And if you let go of Greenway you could add Beckman to this mix for a little more skill/scoring ability.

Hartman just doesn't have it this year and his chemistry is not right with whatever lineup Deano throws out. Hartman has trade value to many cap strapped teams due to him being under control for a small number through next year.

Dewer and Shaw need to play with someone with size and their speed/grit work, but you can see how much more confidence and fire they picked up with Reavo on their wing -- can be the same thing with Foligno.
23 janv. 2023 à 17 h 15
MNBassman

I’ve watched every game this season, some games twice…and every single game I notice how crappy Steel’s hands are! He can’t catch a pass that’s not perfect (can’t catch some perfect ones either), can’t stick handle in traffic to save his life, and is a horribly inaccurate passer! He is not an NHL player!

I hope you are wrong about Rossi! Time will tell…

I agree with most of your thoughts though…

I also believe that if Zuccarello didn’t share part of his brain with Kaprizov…he would be a very low end 2nd line wing! He is putrid in so many areas of the game!
CJ1909 et wabit a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage