Forums/Armchair-GM

4 Lines Kane offer might be a lowball offer

Créé par: Rangers_Fan_
Équipe: 2022-23 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 21 janv. 2023
Publié: 21 janv. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
It’s hard for me to speculate Kane’s return. The 2 biggest comparisons are Taylor Hall (to Boston) and Claude Giroux (to Florida). Kane is banged up and not the elite player he once was. If he wants to go to NYR like many are speculating and Chicago wants to accommodate his wishes what leverage do they have? Buffalo had no leverage with Hall and only got a 2nd and a throw in prospect. Giroux on the other hand got a pretty big return. I think this trade is the middle ground of the 2. NYR are accumulating enough cap space that they won’t need Chicago to retain any money.

The Big guns are on line 1 and hopefully the three of them pick up their 5v5 scoring

Line 2 will be the kids. They’ve been pretty good this year and hopefully another 30 games or so they’ll be the secondary scoring line we desperately need.

Line 3 is the matchup line. Their xGF and HDCF numbers are very good with heavy D zone starts. I’d like to see them matched up on opposing teams top lines

The 4th line has a combined 17 goals at 5v5. Considering Rooney and Reaves were on our 4th line last year with no role this will really deepen the lineup

Kulikov was a very good #5 D for Minnesota last year. In a sheltered 3rd pair role with Schneider I think they can crush soft minutes and Kulikov can give Fox a breather on the PK
Transactions
CHI
  1. Robertson, Matthew
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
2024 2nd becomes a 2024 1st if NYR reach the ECF
ANA
  1. Hájek, Libor
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (NYR)
SJS
  1. Blais, Samuel
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (NYR)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de DAL
Logo de COL
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de DAL
Logo de NYR
Logo de MIN
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $82 128 969 $0 $3 700 000 $371 031 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 7
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
800 000 $800 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
875 000 $875 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DG
RFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance50 000 $$50K)
G
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
1 025 000 $1 025 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
21 janv. 2023 à 17 h 0
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,300
Kane didn't go from being elite last season to non elite this season. The difference is this team is large in part the worst team the Hawks have ever seen, Kane is completely disengaged whenever the puck is not on his stick. As for his injury, this is a nagging injury he dealt with all last season, it's a hip impingement and quite common. It was flared up after taking a bad hit on that hip last week, but he's been dealing with this for 2 years now.

I don't think Kane only gives Chicago one team. I think he will submit at least 2 if not 3 teams. The other 50% of me says he stays with the Hawks, and gets the hip repaired.
boilermaker et Garak a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 17 h 7
GM
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,711
Kane would be a horrible acquisition to NYR - Gallant is tried of Panarin not backchecking and playing defense and you want to add his evil twin?
Yeah I pay to see Gallant explode 400 time a game - that is entertainment.
But if you think this move would be good for the team or "get us the cup" I'm sad to say it will not.
Kane gets his production primarily on the first pp unit. So this doesn't even fix the 5 on 5 production issue.
Shakabakes a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 17 h 10
GM
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,711
I'm more interested in Max Domi to be honest.
21 janv. 2023 à 18 h 0
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,279
Senko is the rental we need. Need goals. Hopefully he’s healthy.
Shakabakes a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 18 h 58
Sam
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,188
Quoting: ChiHawk
Kane didn't go from being elite last season to non elite this season. The difference is this team is large in part the worst team the Hawks have ever seen, Kane is completely disengaged whenever the puck is not on his stick. As for his injury, this is a nagging injury he dealt with all last season, it's a hip impingement and quite common. It was flared up after taking a bad hit on that hip last week, but he's been dealing with this for 2 years now.

I don't think Kane only gives Chicago one team. I think he will submit at least 2 if not 3 teams. The other 50% of me says he stays with the Hawks, and gets the hip repaired.

I don’t see too much of a difference in Kane’s underlying numbers, perhaps the reason he looks way worse this season is playing in Ottawa?
Garak a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 21 h 38
Jimbo1119
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 760
Quoting: AG_sweden
Kane would be a horrible acquisition to NYR - Gallant is tried of Panarin not backchecking and playing defense and you want to add his evil twin?
Yeah I pay to see Gallant explode 400 time a game - that is entertainment.
But if you think this move would be good for the team or "get us the cup" I'm sad to say it will not.
Kane gets his production primarily on the first pp unit. So this doesn't even fix the 5 on 5 production issue.

“disengaged when the puck is not on his stick”….not exactly what I would expect someone to mention- who then goes on to explain why Kane is worth 2023 1st plus considerably more! And then mention of getting his hip replaced! I mean- what are the odds of the hip suddenly needing replacement a week after the TDL?

All good points here why NYR shouldn’t go to the mat to get Kane…the 5x5 point though really puts things in perspective. Guys like Meier or Tarasenko would be a much better rental to improve 5x5 play- but due to their assumed costs….they are not a good idea either!
HOCKEYBOY448 et AG_sweden a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2023 à 21 h 46
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 877
How dare you try and alter Capfriendly's universally acclaimed "Kulikov to the Rangers for a 3rd" proposal.

Shame on you, Sir.
21 janv. 2023 à 21 h 52
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,279
Quoting: Jimbo1119
“disengaged when the puck is not on his stick”….not exactly what I would expect someone to mention- who then goes on to explain why Kane is worth 2023 1st plus considerably more! And then mention of getting his hip replaced! I mean- what are the odds of the hip suddenly needing replacement a week after the TDL?

All good points here why NYR shouldn’t go to the mat to get Kane…the 5x5 point though really puts things in perspective. Guys like Meier or Tarasenko would be a much better rental to improve 5x5 play- but due to their assumed costs….they are not a good idea either!

Thank you. Senko if healthy is the best option to help this team.
21 janv. 2023 à 22 h 12
Jimbo1119
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
Thank you. Senko if healthy is the best option to help this team.

Agreed…
I’m just not liking “if healthy”
Between questions about his health…his cost…the question (nobody seems to consider) regarding team chemistry AFTER the trade…it all adds up to TOO RISKY- so stay away, Drury- this should be the year for a few small, under the radar moves…the big splash will most likely be regretted.
21 janv. 2023 à 22 h 25
B
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
Slow down everybody! Like kids in the candy store, Don't touch lol.
Cap says no. Unless it's a rental, then commonsense says no. Why? Again Future cap & depth. You want to trade 1st 2nd & kids around, than at least do it for stuff we need like cheap, heavy, aggressive Fs & LD to help what we have. Tikk MacT Noonen Matteau Anderson is what we need vs BOS TBL...
22 janv. 2023 à 1 h 6

Come on man, a hip impingement doesn't mean a hip replacement LMAO. It's a arthroscopic procedure to clean out the hip joint (the ball and socket in lame man's terms)...2 hour procedure if that. 30% of the general public has one and most people don't even know it unless they push themselves physically.

Kane's not engaged because he's surrounded by one of the worst teams the league, certainly the Hawks, has ever seen. It's understandable from that perspective. Hard to stay motivated to play at a high level when the front office is saying "Patty, we're tanking" and all the trade talk he has to hear from the media, friends, family, etc.

I also didn't explain he's considerably worth more then a 1st. Reading comprehension buddy
22 janv. 2023 à 8 h 45
Jimbo1119
Quoting: ChiHawk
Come on man, a hip impingement doesn't mean a hip replacement LMAO. It's a arthroscopic procedure to clean out the hip joint (the ball and socket in lame man's terms)...2 hour procedure if that. 30% of the general public has one and most people don't even know it unless they push themselves physically.

Kane's not engaged because he's surrounded by one of the worst teams the league, certainly the Hawks, has ever seen. It's understandable from that perspective. Hard to stay motivated to play at a high level when the front office is saying "Patty, we're tanking" and all the trade talk he has to hear from the media, friends, family, etc.

I also didn't explain he's considerably worth more then a 1st. Reading comprehension buddy

Reading comprehension?? Really?
Come on, Hawk…very mild put down- but nevertheless an insult unrelated to hockey…Please excuse me if I took your comments for another in the sea of commenters who believe the return on Kane should be at or better than the Giroux return- which was significantly worth more than a single 1st. But if you want to start going down the insult route…I’m not interested in that type of back and forth.

As far as your response to him being disengaged- I get it…not a fun situation to be in- but he is a professional- and well paid at that. I really can’t comment further because I’m not around him every day, in the locker room, witnessing effort at practices, etc…but just sayin- those who mail it in when the going gets tough- are probably not who I’d want to add for a grueling Cup run.

Regarding the hip- even if I were a Dr., I couldn’t diagnose him from internet info- let alone from info here! Maybe it’s something of concern, maybe it’s not…all this “noise” is part of the “game” which goes on leading up to 3/3. Im sure whatever team picks him up, that team’s doctor would have a say.

In the end, everything I’ve said about Kane- none is meant to diminish what he is as a player or what he’s accomplished. I just think that for the amount of risk NYR would be taking on in adding him, their chance at winning the Cup is too marginally improved (if improved at all).
22 janv. 2023 à 12 h 25
Modifié 22 janv. 2023 à 12 h 31
Reading comprehension?? Really?
Come on, Hawk…very mild put down- but nevertheless an insult unrelated to hockey…Please excuse me if I took your comments for another in the sea of commenters who believe the return on Kane should be at or better than the Giroux return- which was significantly worth more than a single 1st. But if you want to start going down the insult route…I’m not interested in that type of back and forth.

As far as your response to him being disengaged- I get it…not a fun situation to be in- but he is a professional- and well paid at that. I really can’t comment further because I’m not around him every day, in the locker room, witnessing effort at practices, etc…but just sayin- those who mail it in when the going gets tough- are probably not who I’d want to add for a grueling Cup run.

Regarding the hip- even if I were a Dr., I couldn’t diagnose him from internet info- let alone from info here! Maybe it’s something of concern, maybe it’s not…all this “noise” is part of the “game” which goes on leading up to 3/3. Im sure whatever team picks him up, that team’s doctor would have a say.

In the end, everything I’ve said about Kane- none is meant to diminish what he is as a player or what he’s accomplished. I just think that for the amount of risk NYR would be taking on in adding him, their chance at winning the Cup is too marginally improved (if improved at all).

Sorry to question your reading comprehension, but nowhere has anyone said a hip replacement; not even the media. It's widely reported he has an impingement with possibly a labral tear. It's also well reported he's been dealing with this for a couple years now as a nagging injury. In the last week, casual spectators of hockey news, who don't take a few minutes to understand it, think it's catastrophic including some sports writers; it's lazy, but nonetheless nowhere has said a hip replacement. That's career ending stuff which this is not even close to. Furthermore, also widely reported, the Hawks sat him for a few games when he and the coach both said if they were in a different situation (competitive), he wouldn't miss a game. This is the problem with people speculating and making comments without being in the know, it gains a life of it's own to the point someone comments he needs a hip replacement and next thing you know you have people talking about a hip replacement. Truth matters as well as comments on forums for that reason.

If Kane is dealing with soreness, which he is, why is he going to push the boundaries for a team that has met with Toews and him to say, "we're tanking, just go out and have fun"...it's not fun if you are sore, every day the media is talking to you about a trade, and the team doesn't want to win. I have zero question about his drive and determination and don't fault him for mailing it in given the situation. Kane is probably one of the hardest competitors in the sport, but when you consider all of the above, it's easy to understand where his head is at without questioning how he would perform on a competing team....he's proven that for over a decade who he is. And those that don't watch him, follow his interviews, etc. are in the same breathe saying he's falling off a cliff, which again, no way does a player go from being top in the league last season to a few months later fall off a cliff. A little age related regression YoY sure, but one has to look deeper and observe before coming up with premature foregone conclusions.

I'm not saying Kane should get a haul, but I do think he's worth a late 1st (which is a bag of magic beans statistically) and a good prospect. Whether that comes to fruition is tbd.

In the end, the NYR are too far away from competing against Boston, Carolina or Toronto to get out of the East. Kane without question improves them, there should be zero debate on that, but he alone is not enough for the NYR to take on the best teams in the league. That said, NY should go all in, but they will need more then just Kane IMO.
Jimbo1119 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage