Forums/Armchair-GM

Dont think anyone will like this but me

Créé par: Pjreifii
Équipe: 2022-23 Hurricanes de la Caroline
Date de création initiale: 20 janv. 2023
Publié: 20 janv. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is a list of things that probably won't happen but what makes CapFriendly so enjoyable.

First off, I must say I feel so bad for Patches and really do hope he's okay. Last night may have been the most sad I've been seeing a Canes player go down and the dude has only played 6 games for us. Just brutal. That being said, it's back to business.

Patches injury is a major blow to the Canes. It did not look good and looks like it could be a sign to retire considering his comments after he tore his Achilles in the offseason. Post MRI today we will know more, but you can guarantee GMDW has been on the phone all morning trying to figure out what we can do with the now available space if Patches goes back to LTIR.

Canes have the cap space now to make some major moves. It will require money out to get money in if they want to make major upgrades to the roster and I think this will help the process. Every team has provided some iteration of these deals here on CF and many Canes fans have commented about how certain things won't work.

Let's skip the blah blah blah that the Canes don't pay for rentals. Sure the Canes don't pay for rentals, but the Canes also haven't had this much cap space at a deadline or been in this strong of a position in terms of organizational depth in the prospect pool, standings, competitiveness in the East, with these types of players available at the deadline so we can't assume they don't make a change and go for it this year. Let's assume in this scenario they do.

Canucks want NHL players, not picks. Here you go.

Horvat- Horvat doesn't play defense. True, but who is telling him to play defense in Vancouver? Who has told him to play defense in Vancouver? RBA is a coach that teaches these things. Look at Svech and Necas' growth in the defensive end in the past few years. They were legitimately playing for the other team in the D zone at times and now we see Necas getting in on the PK and Svech making hard plays in the D zone and learning defensive responsibility. So yes, Horvat doesn't play D in Vancouver but you know what, he may be able to in Carolina. And he sure as hell can put the puck in the back of the net.

Kuzmenko is a playmaker and can also put the puck in the net. He's a young forward and at this point is an upgrade over the production we've seen from Tuevo this season. He would likely be a target to resign as a result of his explosion this year. I think the ask for him in the offseason is going to be a very high AAV that most teams won't be able to afford and might not want to pay given the unproven nature of one good season. A bridge deal could make sense. This may be the biggest risk of the whole deal because he may get those offers with term and AAV he wants and likely won't want to discuss an extension with the Canes until the offseason so Canes could be left with what ended up being two rentals.

Kane- this deal only makes sense if he's healthy. Canes cap space allows them to lower the price with less retention. May be some options for conditional picks depending on games played, Canes advancing, etc.

Kulikov- Depth D. So many picks in the other deals that a player may need to be involved to make the deal work.

Feel free to roast me in the comments. I'm looking forward to it.

PS. 3rd and 4th line could be interchangeable. Could also see Kuzmenko earning a chance on the top line with Aho and Kane and Jarvis with KK and Noesen come playoff time, that would be a killer 4th line with great matchups usually and Jarvis will be a more skilled skater to be able to avoid the big hits he takes in top line minutes in the playoffs.
Transactions
CAR
  1. Horvat, Bo
  2. Kuzmenko, Andrei
Détails additionnels:
Horvat rental only with no retention. Kuzmenko extension- bridge deal 3x5ish in the offseason. Puts him at 29-30 for his last long term contact negotiation. Don't know how many teams are ready to offer 7-8 years at the AAV he will want with only one year of production.
VAN
  1. Coghlan, Dylan
  2. Drury, Jack
  3. Teräväinen, Teuvo
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (CAR)
  5. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (CAR)
Détails additionnels:
The value may be off on picks, but these are players Canes may be willing to send out, especially for this type of return.

Pick could become first if Canes reach SCF.
CAR
  1. Kane, Patrick (2 625 000 $ retained)
CHI
  1. Suzuki, Ryan
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (CAR)
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (CAR)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (PHI)
Détails additionnels:
4th for 25% retention. Money is a wash in Teuvo/Horvat deal which allows some cap flexibility to make another big splash. Suzuki's path to the NHL is fuzzy in the Canes org and Suzuki gets to stay in Chicago and earn a roster spot when healthy.

Chicago's rebuild is going to be a long one, so they may have more interest in Nikishin and have the runway to wait out his KHL contract so that could be an option instead of the 2024 2nd.
CAR
  1. Kulikov, Dmitry (1 125 000 $ retained)
ANA
  1. Bokk, Dominik
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (PHI)
Détails additionnels:
Did I just hemorrhage the future for a Stanley Cup? Sure did. LA Rams style. F dem picks.
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de VAN
Logo de CAR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $71 291 917 $112 500 $1 850 000 $11 208 083 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
0 $0 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
8 460 250 $8 460 250 $
C
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AD
RFA - 2
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 7
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
4 820 000 $4 820 000 $
C
UFA - 8
762 500 $762 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 280 000 $5 280 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 025 000 $4 025 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
0 $0 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
4 050 000 $4 050 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
20 janv. 2023 à 11 h 32
No longer a Virgin
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,607
Nasty team but Van declines big time.

Need that 23' first coming back for them to consider moving their top two trade pieces for that package.

Teuvo for cap
23 first
24 second
Drury, Coghlan
25 second

Otherwise I imagine they trade them separatley for first rounders each
20 janv. 2023 à 11 h 34
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,956
the first 2 deals are highly unlikely

canes could target Toews and/or Kane if they said they were to only go to us and we get a very good discount.
20 janv. 2023 à 11 h 38
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,362
I like the thought process with those assumptions. I’m hoping Canes do something more than what they normally do for the reasons you laid out. We all know how they’ve operated in the past but situation is different now so maybe approach changes a bit. Couple of things I’d say:

Big factor on Kane outside of injuries is where does he want to go since he has full control. Similar to Giroux deal. Could be good for us if he’s healthy and wants to come here, price likely comes down.

I’d probably look more towards a player with some sort of control but that’s also an impact player over rentals. I think realistically Canes will spend a first or big prospects if it’s somebody with team control like a Meier or Konecny to name a couple.
20 janv. 2023 à 11 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 25
Quoting: stephane_robidas

Need that 23' first coming back for them to consider moving their top two trade pieces for that package.

Teuvo for cap
23 first
24 second
Drury, Coghlan
25 second

I'm sure that's the ask. This upcoming draft is very deep that a lot of teams will want to hold on to their firsts. If Canes were given permission to discuss a potential Kuz extension prior to the deal and felt it was a feasible possibility to extend, they may do a first rounder. Pick values may definitely be off in the whole thing.
Ross_Johnston a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2023 à 11 h 40
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,287
Canucks pass easily. You’re giving up at least one 1st and one top prospect if you want Horvat, let alone him and Kuzmenko
20 janv. 2023 à 11 h 42
Big Shoots
Mentions "j'aime": 1,087
Quoting: stephane_robidas

Teuvo for cap
23 first
24 second
Drury, Coghlan
25 second

Exactly, change both of the 2nds to 1st's and I still don't think you are there.

If you want Horvat and Kuz your looking at Morrow, Coughlan, 2 1sts and whatever you wanna dump as cap. It could be other things but that is the basic value proposition. Teravainen would be a cap dump in terms of trade value to vancouver.
20 janv. 2023 à 11 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: vikhodush
I like the thought process with those assumptions. I’m hoping Canes do something more than what they normally do for the reasons you laid out. We all know how they’ve operated in the past but situation is different now so maybe approach changes a bit. Couple of things I’d say:

Big factor on Kane outside of injuries is where does he want to go since he has full control. Similar to Giroux deal. Could be good for us if he’s healthy and wants to come here, price likely comes down.

I’d probably look more towards a player with some sort of control but that’s also an impact player over rentals. I think realistically Canes will spend a first or big prospects if it’s somebody with team control like a Meier or Konecny to name a couple.

The issue with the Giroux deal is the Flyers didn't tell Florida they were the only realistic destination and could pose it as a bidding war. Blackhawks could do the same, the final destination could be Carolina but Chicago could pose other offers as a bidding war to the Canes even though they'll take whatever is offered in the end.

I'm a big fan of Meier. Same situation as Horvat but a much more physical player IMO. The QO for Meier is what concerns me with his deal.
vikhodush a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2023 à 11 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: mv21227
Canucks pass easily. You’re giving up at least one 1st and one top prospect if you want Horvat, let alone him and Kuzmenko

While I agree that's likely what they want, the question is what they will get and what the Canes will want to give up. This is probably close to the best offer the Canucks get from the Canes and it beats anything the Bruins can offer which has basically zero prospects.
20 janv. 2023 à 11 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: ecupirate07
the first 2 deals are highly unlikely

canes could target Toews and/or Kane if they said they were to only go to us and we get a very good discount.

You think Nikishin instead of 4th plus Suzuki, 24 1st and 24 2nd could do it with only 25% retention?
20 janv. 2023 à 11 h 50
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,362
Quoting: Pjreifii
The issue with the Giroux deal is the Flyers didn't tell Florida they were the only realistic destination and could pose it as a bidding war. Blackhawks could do the same, the final destination could be Carolina but Chicago could pose other offers as a bidding war to the Canes even though they'll take whatever is offered in the end.

I'm a big fan of Meier. Same situation as Horvat but a much more physical player IMO. The QO for Meier is what concerns me with his deal.

Yeah I’d want them to at least have prelim discussions with Meier camp on an extension. I’ve read he’s open to a long term deal under his QO but who knows.
Pjreifii a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2023 à 11 h 51
While I agree that's likely what they want, the question is what they will get and what the Canes will want to give up. This is probably close to the best offer the Canucks get from the Canes and it beats anything the Bruins can offer which has basically zero prospects.

I’d rather have Lysell over any player in this proposal. Teravainen is good but the Canucks don’t need him, they need younger players
20 janv. 2023 à 11 h 55
Démarrer sujet
I’d rather have Lysell over any player in this proposal. Teravainen is good but the Canucks don’t need him, they need younger players

I didn't realize Lysell was a realistic option Sweeney would be willing to part with. The prospect pool is already so thin and I haven't kept up with Bruins fan's opinions on him, is he in Morrow territory for Canes fans and seemingly untouchable?
20 janv. 2023 à 11 h 57
I didn't realize Lysell was a realistic option Sweeney would be willing to part with. The prospect pool is already so thin and I haven't kept up with Bruins fan's opinions on him, is he in Morrow territory for Canes fans and seemingly untouchable?

I think most Bruins fans wouldn’t want to give him up, but the Canucks would need either him or Carlo in a deal. And I imagine they would rather give up Lysell
Pjreifii a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2023 à 12 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: BigShoots
Exactly, change both of the 2nds to 1st's and I still don't think you are there.

If you want Horvat and Kuz your looking at Morrow, Coughlan, 2 1sts and whatever you wanna dump as cap. It could be other things but that is the basic value proposition. Teravainen would be a cap dump in terms of trade value to vancouver.

I would be very shocked if the Canucks come away with two 1st rounders at the end of the TDL. Nikishin, Coghlan, 2 1sts and Teuvo I really think is a deal that could get it done. Teuvo can easily net you additional picks next TDL if they are sellers again. And if they aren't sellers, that means Teuvo turned out to be more than just a cap dump.
20 janv. 2023 à 12 h 1
Démarrer sujet
I think most Bruins fans wouldn’t want to give him up, but the Canucks would need either him or Carlo in a deal. And I imagine they would rather give up Lysell

Cool, good to know and thanks for the input.
20 janv. 2023 à 12 h 2
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,956
You think Nikishin instead of 4th plus Suzuki, 24 1st and 24 2nd could do it with only 25% retention?

there is very little chance any of our top 5-8 prospects are included in a rental deal, needless to say a guy of Nikishin's caliber.
Pjreifii a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2023 à 12 h 6
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,717
The 23' first rounder is the starting point for any Kane trade no matter how many teams he says he'd waive to. Swap that pick and the hawks should accept granted Kane only waives for 1-2 teams. I'd think Carolina would have more interest in toews though. He seems like he better fills their needs and would be a lot easier to acquire than the ridiculous value horvat suddenly has.
Hawksguy81 a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2023 à 12 h 8
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 10,118
Hawks only accept if Carolina is the only team Kane will waive for. Even then, Hawks would ask for a different F prospect than Susuki. Guy is snake bit by the injury bug. Hasn't played a full season since he got drafted.
boilermaker a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2023 à 12 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: SociallyHawkward
The 23' first rounder is the starting point for any Kane trade no matter how many teams he says he'd waive to. Swap that pick and the hawks should accept granted Kane only waives for 1-2 teams. I'd think Carolina would have more interest in toews though. He seems like he better fills their needs and would be a lot easier to acquire than the ridiculous value horvat suddenly has.

If Toews is healthy and scoring, I agree. I think Kane is the big name target but the recent health questions have put the discussion in a difficult situation. Friedman on 32 thoughts proposed a 1 year extension, shut down Kane for the year and pick up the conversation next year. Very curious to see what happens in CHI at the TDL.
Hawksguy81 a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2023 à 12 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Hawksguy81
Hawks only accept if Carolina is the only team Kane will waive for. Even then, Hawks would ask for a different F prospect than Susuki. Guy is snake bit by the injury bug. Hasn't played a full season since he got drafted.

Think the target would be a C or just the best available prospect at any position?
20 janv. 2023 à 12 h 19
Big Shoots
I would be very shocked if the Canucks come away with two 1st rounders at the end of the TDL. Nikishin, Coghlan, 2 1sts and Teuvo I really think is a deal that could get it done. Teuvo can easily net you additional picks next TDL if they are sellers again. And if they aren't sellers, that means Teuvo turned out to be more than just a cap dump.

Horvat is worth a 1st + decent prospect +
Kuzmenko is worth a 1st perhaps with small +

What you say about Teravainen is probably true. Say at the 24' deadline hes worth a 2nd. Whats that worth today? a 3rd. The benefit to the Canes is just as much as it is to Vancouver. He is a decent store of value though I'd agree. I just don't think you can value him to another team at much more than a 3rd.

The only way Van doesn't come away with 2 extra firsts is if they decide not to trade both those guys. Or we're getting high end prospects.
20 janv. 2023 à 12 h 27
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 10,118
Think the target would be a C or just the best available prospect at any position?

I'd think the best available F prospect - whether a C or a W
Pjreifii et boilermaker a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2023 à 12 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: BigShoots
Horvat is worth a 1st + decent prospect +
Kuzmenko is worth a 1st perhaps with small +

What you say about Teravainen is probably true. Say at the 24' deadline hes worth a 2nd. Whats that worth today? a 3rd. The benefit to the Canes is just as much as it is to Vancouver. He is a decent store of value though I'd agree. I just don't think you can value him to another team at much more than a 3rd.

The only way Van doesn't come away with 2 extra firsts is if they decide not to trade both those guys. Or we're getting high end prospects.

Curious to see what happens, thanks for the discussion.

We are also excluding the possibility of a Bruce firing, new coach bump, and Canucks hold at the TDL because they decide they can make a playoff push in classic Canucks style.
20 janv. 2023 à 12 h 44
Big Shoots
Curious to see what happens, thanks for the discussion.

We are also excluding the possibility of a Bruce firing, new coach bump, and Canucks hold at the TDL because they decide they can make a playoff push in classic Canucks style.

Sad but true. I come on here and talk about what the Canucks should do which is trade for picks and prospects and rebuid by maximizing expiring contracts but our president has only ever talked about resigning Kuzmenko and competing as soon as possible. That said this lot are so bad there is no way they can get back into a race even with a head coach bump.
Pjreifii a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2023 à 12 h 55
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 238
Quoting: Hawksguy81
I'd think the best available F prospect - whether a C or a W

I think Bokk would be an interesting addition to the Hawks. He can play on the same line as Reichel. One more German forward and the Hawks would have the 2020's version of the Kraut Line.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage