SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 2023 Season Discussion (Part 3)

26 janv. 2023 à 13 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,864

If there is any chance Calgary is looking at moving him, you make the call. What a weird guy to oust
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2023 à 13 h 9
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Oh I get it, give to get. I am not on the Lafferty boat. Just more guys who don’t score. Kampf needs to be moved down, we need a scoring 3C desperately

In general to me if im moving Sandin give me an upgrade. McCabe aint that

Chycrun would be nice and on PP unit 1 chefs kiss but I honestly feel if Leafs do want a D on top of 2 forwards go get a RD upgrade over Holl

That said the starting priority should be 2-3 forwards
26 janv. 2023 à 13 h 15
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Nathaniel

If there is any chance Calgary is looking at moving him, you make the call. What a weird guy to oust

I honestly feel its gonna be Sutter getting ousted pretty soon as hes giving the prospects little chance and relying on withered old guys. This happens after the post season as I feel someone/s from that team gonna go to Treliving or whoever's GM and complain

Boudreau going there would also bring back the Calgary Canucks meme lul
26 janv. 2023 à 13 h 18
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

I’d love a Engvall Kampf Ruzicka 4th line. Wish he shot right tho. I am rooting for Acciari or Sundqvist for that 4th line RW
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2023 à 13 h 19
Hakuna Matata
I’d love a Engvall Kampf Ruzicka 4th line. Wish he shot right tho. I am rooting for Acciari or Sundqvist for that 4th line RW

I kind of wish CGY was out of the race as imagine going and getting Dube and Ruzicka

U could have Dube in the top 6 and make a 3rd line of

Ruzicka-new 3c-Jarnkrok

Then for a 4th line Engvall-Holmberg-Kampf (Kampf takes the faceoffs)
26 janv. 2023 à 13 h 42
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Something like this:

To VAN: Kerfoot, Hollowell
To TOR: Garland
- Garland seems to be on his way out of VAN. He's a decent buy-low target, but as a guy whose value is lower than usual, it's tough to gauge what a return would look like for VAN. They are retooling, so I can't imagine them wanting picks

To CHI: Hirvonen, 2024 1st round pick, 2024 2nd round pick
To TOR: McCabe (50% retained), Lafferty
- Giordano comparable (Hirvonen has the value of a 2nd round pick IMO). You could also spend a tad more to try and get Kurashev over Lafferty, but Lafferty plays C)

To SJS: Sandin, Gogolev, 2023 1st round pick, 2023 3rd round pick (OTT)
To TOR: Meier (50% retained)
- Supposedly Meier's return will be somewhere around DeBrincat's, but slightly less. A fantastic young defenseman and a 1st round pick are the main parts of this deal. Could add another strong prospect like Abruzzese potentially, although I'd be more inclined to hang onto him.

I would think Garland would cost more, no? This scenario the leafs are getting him almost for free lol.

The other ones seem about right though. Except I’m assuming this includes a Holl trade, because otherwise I doubt that team is cap compliant
26 janv. 2023 à 15 h 38
Hakuna Matata
See a lot of people trading Sandin and honestly I dont see the point rn. With Rielly playing through an injury (100% convinced, Brodie probs not gonna be 100% when he comes back, and Gio being the oldest Dman who could fall at any point) a guy like Sandin rn is the glue needed to keep this Dcore together

And we get another year of him at 1.4mill and hes not in his prime. Yes he was not good at the beginning but now hes been pretty good especially with Muzzin out. Cause lets be honest Gavrikov needs an extension and with the numbers hes putting up defensively a Muzzin like deal isnt out of the question and while Chycrun would be an upgrade he would also cost 3.2mill more. And with us being already near the cap its gonna be a headache.

If Leafs want to upgrade on defense Holl should be moved for an upgrade. But as I said before getting 2-3 forwards should be the priority
26 janv. 2023 à 17 h 13
Hakuna Matata

They need a whole new 3rd line to push Kampf and Engvall down

My priority would be finding guys mainly suited for there but could also play top 6 (Kind of like what Hagel and Paul do for Tampa)

Adam Henrique, Eetu Luostarinen, and one of Bonino, Acciari, or Bjugstand
26 janv. 2023 à 19 h 39
Hakuna Matata

Imagine if Matthews PK'D

He would be a serious contender for the Selke. Yes Bergeron would be a tough go but if Barkov could beat him man Matthews got a shot
26 janv. 2023 à 21 h 56
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
As much as I love the idea of Meier in a Leafs uniform, I think I fall on the side of it might be better to spread the wealth a bit more rather than invest so much into one guy that will be difficult to fit in long term. I just don't think there's a one player solution out there.
26 janv. 2023 à 21 h 59
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
As much as I love the idea of Meier in a Leafs uniform, I think I fall on the side of it might be better to spread the wealth a bit more rather than invest so much into one guy that will be difficult to fit in long term. I just don't think there's a one player solution out there.

I also feel like we are kidding ourselves thinking he is actually in play.
NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2023 à 22 h 0
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
I also feel like we are kidding ourselves thinking he is actually in play.

What do you mean? You don't think the Sharks are going to trade him?
Saskleaf et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2023 à 22 h 20
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
What do you mean? You don't think the Sharks are going to trade him?

Trade yes, to the Leafs no chance
26 janv. 2023 à 22 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,864

When i talk about Meier to the Leafs, it's because I would love to see that. Absolutely zero chance it happens. It amazes me that insiders say the Leafs won't move their 2023 1st or Knies for a rental, but then immediately turn around and say in the same breath that we are in on Meier as a rental. It's baffling. Obviously as a fan I want Meier, but I know it's not happening. I couldn't for 1 second muster up a decent guess at who we are targeting at the TDL. At this point I hope we buy low and retain our 2023 1st, we desperately need some prospects who could be legitimate game changers, and this is the perfect draft to address that
26 janv. 2023 à 23 h 6
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152

When i talk about Meier to the Leafs, it's because I would love to see that. Absolutely zero chance it happens. It amazes me that insiders say the Leafs won't move their 2023 1st or Knies for a rental, but then immediately turn around and say in the same breath that we are in on Meier as a rental. It's baffling. Obviously as a fan I want Meier, but I know it's not happening. I couldn't for 1 second muster up a decent guess at who we are targeting at the TDL. At this point I hope we buy low and retain our 2023 1st, we desperately need some prospects who could be legitimate game changers, and this is the perfect draft to address that

It’s probably just a case of me really WANTING Meier, but I could potentially see a scenario where they get him. However, I think it’s far more likely someone else with the capability to sign him to a long term deal gets him.

I have no idea who the leafs will get lol. I hope it’s someone good though. And it’s a forward.
26 janv. 2023 à 23 h 42
Hakuna Matata
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-trade-targets-exploring-potential-destinations-and-offers-for-ryan-oreilly/

If ROR at 75% ret only costs us a 2nd and 6th do it
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 janv. 2023 à 0 h 11
Ovchinnikov 137

Quoting: Saskleaf
It’s probably just a case of me really WANTING Meier, but I could potentially see a scenario where they get him. However, I think it’s far more likely someone else with the capability to sign him to a long term deal gets him.

I have no idea who the leafs will get lol. I hope it’s someone good though. And it’s a forward.

I think my biggest concern is they value Kerfoot so much. Like hearing in the offseason they could have traded him for a 2nd rounder and now today Friedman going on about how much Keefe trusts him. Which is totally true, look on is on the ice to close out games, it’s Kerfoot Kampf Engvall, I wonder just how much cap space we are working with IF we are not moving out any salary. Elliotte went on to say they would only move out Kerfoot if they got someone back who was just as good defensively. I’m not going to kid myself and say I’m some big talent evaluator but there are so many plays in game where Kerfoot looks incredible tentative. I loved the the chip play the other night to help setup Holmberg but then late in the game he had an opportunity to chip the puck out of the zone but instead felt the pressure and sent the puck back in deep. Caused a turnover and NYR got a scoring chance.

Or other times uses his speed to enter the zone then has no idea what to do with it.

Long winded way of saying lol I don’t understand the love they have for Kerfoot. It’s such a waste of 3.5 in space when this team desperately needs another scorer. So depending on what they do with Simmonds, they could comfortably add someone making 2.8 (or get salary retention to make it 2.8) without subtracting from this roster.

But to echo Saskleaf, I have no idea who they are adding or what position. But if we look back on what Kyle has added to this roster via trade, offensive players is not it. I guess Tyson Barrie but no forwards. And that scares me.
NorthernLeafsFan05 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 janv. 2023 à 1 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 27 janv. 2023 à 1 h 39
Man if Ducks would retain Adam Henrique is perfect for Toronto

6 goals in his last 7 games (48 gp 18 goals 12 assists 30 points)

Can play C and LW

Is good at faceoffs

Can contribute on the PP, PK, whatever u need

Only problem is his contract but if Ducks are willing to eat half lets get a deal done
27 janv. 2023 à 1 h 35
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,555
I think my biggest concern is they value Kerfoot so much. Like hearing in the offseason they could have traded him for a 2nd rounder and now today Friedman going on about how much Keefe trusts him. Which is totally true, look on is on the ice to close out games, it’s Kerfoot Kampf Engvall, I wonder just how much cap space we are working with IF we are not moving out any salary. Elliotte went on to say they would only move out Kerfoot if they got someone back who was just as good defensively. I’m not going to kid myself and say I’m some big talent evaluator but there are so many plays in game where Kerfoot looks incredible tentative. I loved the the chip play the other night to help setup Holmberg but then late in the game he had an opportunity to chip the puck out of the zone but instead felt the pressure and sent the puck back in deep. Caused a turnover and NYR got a scoring chance.

Or other times uses his speed to enter the zone then has no idea what to do with it.

Long winded way of saying lol I don’t understand the love they have for Kerfoot. It’s such a waste of 3.5 in space when this team desperately needs another scorer. So depending on what they do with Simmonds, they could comfortably add someone making 2.8 (or get salary retention to make it 2.8) without subtracting from this roster.

But to echo Saskleaf, I have no idea who they are adding or what position. But if we look back on what Kyle has added to this roster via trade, offensive players is not it. I guess Tyson Barrie but no forwards. And that scares me.

I mean our number one issue throughout the dubas tenure has been the D. Whether systemically, forward contributions, or the blue line. It makes sense that most of his moves would be addressing that
27 janv. 2023 à 1 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
I mean our number one issue throughout the dubas tenure has been the D. Whether systemically, forward contributions, or the blue line. It makes sense that most of his moves would be addressing that

Ironically Dubas almost did pull off a blockbuster but got mad when it was revealed and lets be honest it would have been potentially bad

MAF + Hagel for 2 1sts + Knies and Mrazek

So he was looking at other stuff but this years gonna be very interesting. As rn I dont see the need for a Dman but who knows maybe he brings in Chycrun and he increases the offense from the back end
27 janv. 2023 à 1 h 51
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: aadoyle
Ironically Dubas almost did pull off a blockbuster but got mad when it was revealed and lets be honest it would have been potentially bad

MAF + Hagel for 2 1sts + Knies and Mrazek

So he was looking at other stuff but this years gonna be very interesting. As rn I dont see the need for a Dman but who knows maybe he brings in Chycrun and he increases the offense from the back end

Nah that rumour was garbage leaked by Davidson to boost trade value and drive headlines
27 janv. 2023 à 3 h 40
Hakuna Matata
Nah that rumour was garbage leaked by Davidson to boost trade value and drive headlines

I really don't believe it was. I feel the deal almost happened but with how Knies was Dubas decided instead to try and get him over

But Knies had other ideas which is fine as he looks even better than last year

Still with how Hagels doing in Tampa got to always think what if as 1.5m would be a steal rn
27 janv. 2023 à 3 h 42
Just Keep Swimming
I really don't believe it was. I feel the deal almost happened but with how Knies was Dubas decided instead to try and get him over instead

But Knies had other ideas which is fine as he looks even better than last year

Still with how Hagels doing in Tampa got to always think what if as 1.5m would be a steal rn

Given the reaction from that leak - we know where it came from and they got much less from Tampa. Its the same as the Chiarot rumours. Total BS
27 janv. 2023 à 3 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Given the reaction from that leak - we know where it came from and they got much less from Tampa. Its the same as the Chiarot rumours. Total BS

Well they mainly got less due to Tampa not dumping anyone. If our deal happened Mrazek was going the other way so Chicago would want more as Mrazek was just awful thank **** he's gone
27 janv. 2023 à 4 h 33
Just Keep Swimming
Well they mainly got less due to Tampa not dumping anyone. If our deal happened Mrazek was going the other way so Chicago would want more as Mrazek was just awful thank **** he's gone

Petr cost 13 slots to dump. He wasnt worth **** lol

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage