SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Minnesota Wild signed Matthew Boldy (7 Years / $7,000,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

18 janv. 2023 à 10 h 48
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
He was on pace for a deal like this after rookie season, but he's cooled off a bit. Seems a bit of a gamble. But the upside can be good.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
18 janv. 2023 à 19 h 34
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 86
Quoting: Upper_Body_Injury
Well that was part of the problem with Fiala BG gave him a one year prove it deal and Fiala stuck it to BG by scoring 85 points which basically sealed his fate that he wasn't going to be re-signed. I think BG signed Boldy early with term to get ahead of this so it doesn't play out like Fiala. So yeah in the short term 1-2 years (buyout pain) this "looks" like a bad signing but the rest of the contract BG is counting on the cap going up and the buyouts coming off the books there will be lots of money to spend and if he can get some top 6 players to put with Boldy he will out perform this contract. But as of now his linemates aren't up to Fiala status when Boldy was producing last year. Not every player can be McDavid and be a one man show but those guys are making 10mil+

Besides there was no way Fiala was taking less than what he got in LA and there was no way for the Wild to pay that, but yeah Dumba is gone either at the TDL or we let him walk this summer unless he is willing to take a huge haircut on his contract.

Edit: I should also mention that it has been reported that BG was looking to do just a bridge deal with Boldy but both sides agreed to get a longer term deal done.

Well clearly he's a good young player, this just seems like a high price to pay at the moment. In 2-4 years everything changes. I would certainly look to trade Dumba then but ya know, good team with an own rental.

You feel like you can win some rounds with Dumba? Or worth it to get something for him?
18 janv. 2023 à 20 h 7
Jimmy Stu
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 541
Could be good, could be bad. But Boldy looks like a player, so getting the Keller treatment should be great for the Wild
19 janv. 2023 à 9 h 3
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 114
Quoting: vmark
Well clearly he's a good young player, this just seems like a high price to pay at the moment. In 2-4 years everything changes. I would certainly look to trade Dumba then but ya know, good team with an own rental.

You feel like you can win some rounds with Dumba? Or worth it to get something for him?

Well I think that is the million dollar question with Dumba, there are alot of Wild fans that rag on Dumba hard and wanted him gone years ago (there are some Wild fans that also want cap Spurgeon gone too) but they are nuts to think we would be better off with out him. I think if the Wild could get a decent return for Dumba and also get a veteran Dman in return to eat the minutes he plays, plus an asset then I would say its worth it, but if its just a one for one then then I would rather keep him here for the remainder of the year. No sense in disrupting the locker room by shipping him off just to make a move.

As far winning a round or two in the playoffs....I personally don't think the Wild are there yet but anything is possible, I think BG is doing a great job and believe he is not going to sell the farm for one run at this point, whatever his plan is it seems to be falling into place and working so stay the course and build through the draft and hope guys like Wallstedt, Rossi, Ohgren, Yurov keep developing and within 2-3 years the Wild should have some players to make a run.
vmark a aimé ceci.
23 janv. 2023 à 1 h 27
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 122
I think boldy would've asked for 2x5 or 3x6 if he were to do a bridge deal. At that point you just lock him up long term at 7x7 like other recent deals.
23 janv. 2023 à 14 h 13
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,637
Quoting: DongLord23
I don't get why people dislike these deals. Boldy is locked up for his prime at a reasonable cap hit. Smart signing with the cap going up.

Agree with you. I know there is some risk, but the better risk is maybe a bridge and then a unaffordable RFA the next contract.
Look for the Sabres did with Tage Thompson and Samuelson. I wish the Leafs have been able to extend Sandin and Liljgren more than two years cause in two the summer of 2024 those two contracts are going to quite high.
24 janv. 2023 à 10 h 59
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,141
Yikes! Wayy to much too early! Should've given him a bridge deal. Yeah hes not far from a point per game but he hasn't played more then 45 games a season
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
10 nov. 2023 à 13 h 4
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,318
I loved Boldy coming up but two disappointing playoffs in a row. One of the softest BIG, young forwards in the league. Amazingly skilled but he has no clue how to score in the dirty areas. Caufield is half this guy's size yet plays twice as hard in the between the dots.

Boldy can't get his shots through traffic. Just watch Caufield fake out Seider last night in the OT winner! That's how you freeze a defender and goaltender. Boldy got his money and has been coasting since.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage