I dont know if the president trophy will allow for that

TBL say: wait, hold my beer!
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 27
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,873
Quoting: McGruff
TBL say: wait, hold my beer!

Tampa doesnt have the games to get the presidents trophy. Only team who could catch is checks notes nobody

Thats the one thing nobody wants to win as that things cursed as Detroits odds at the 1OA pick
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 29
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,887
Quoting: aadoyle
In thee rules it says if the goalie is attempting to make a save and throws his stick thats a penalty. When he throws it, it prevents marner from shooting he has to reposition and shot. People have already said it should have been a penalty.

We cannot be allowing goalies to throw their sticks in desperate attempts to make saves. We already saw Georgiev get called for it. If this happened in Tampa people would be furious.

The Georgiev call is the right call. He's throwing his stick directly at the puck/pick carrier ie "throwing his stick or any object"

Ullmark isnt throwing his stick to make a save (at the puck carrier) he's losing his stick (towards the rear boards) in an effort to make a save. Goalies loses the sticks in desperation moves left to right all the time. You wanna start penalizing a goalie every time they dive left it right? No. So there's a judgement call in the middle between there and Georgiev. The ref judged the stick wasn't "making the save" so no penalty. It probably couldve gone either way.

And you're right. If it was my team id be livid. That wouldn't make me right tho.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 37
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,691
Tampa doesnt have the games to get the presidents trophy. Only team who could catch is checks notes nobody

Thats the one thing nobody wants to win as that things cursed as Detroits odds at the 1OA pick

I get that...

But TML have to beat T.B.L first for a BOS-TML match - that's my angle.
Tampa might want a little word first on that fantasy...

& the President's Trophy is a Stanley thing, it's nothing about winning 12-playoff games or more!
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Rangsey
The Georgiev call is the right call. He's throwing his stick directly at the puck/pick carrier ie "throwing his stick or any object"

Ullmark isnt throwing his stick to make a save (at the puck carrier) he's losing his stick (towards the rear boards) in an effort to make a save. Goalies loses the sticks in desperation moves left to right all the time. You wanna start penalizing a goalie every time they dive left it right? No. So there's a judgement call in the middle between there and Georgiev. The ref judged the stick wasn't "making the save" so no penalty. It probably couldve gone either way.

And you're right. If it was my team id be livid. That wouldn't make me right tho.

Ullmark is 100% throwing his stick to make a save its clear as day. Why else would he throw it. And even then goalies cannot throw their sticks its a penalty per the rules.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 40
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
I find it kind of funny that in the last three Oilers games both Campbell (#36) has started and the three opposing goalies have worn #36, Gibson, Kahkonen, Thompson
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 40
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Hurricanes_WPG

Yeah thats freddie unfortunately. He sometimes makes mind boggling plays
Hurricanes_WPG a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 40
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
As I was writing these notes for both games in the stands at the Fuel game, i had this interaction with the man that was sitting beside me:

Man: So, do you, like, write a blog?

Me: (wondering how I should answer) uhh, yes.

Man: That’s cool.

I didn’t know if this really counted as a blog. Is this little project a blog?
BigBallsBriere, McGruff, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 43
Ullmark is 100% throwing his stick to make a save its clear as day. Why else would he throw it. And even then goalies cannot throw their sticks its a penalty per the rules.

He's flailing to get across. Goalies do it all the time.

https://youtu.be/mKUtqbz1Vn0 second clip in the video. Does Lundqvist get a penalty?!
Sklikly a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 45
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,559
Quoting: Bobcat205
As I was writing these notes for both games in the stands at the Fuel game, i had this interaction with the man that was sitting beside me:

its close enough to a blog honestly considering its mainly consistent
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 46
Hakuna Matata
He's flailing to get across. Goalies do it all the time.

https://youtu.be/mKUtqbz1Vn0 second clip in the video. Does Lundqvist get a penalty?!

I mean he gets kneed in the head how u gonna blame him for losing his stick lul

Ullmark was trying to make a desperate save there. No one kneed him
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 47
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: Bobcat205

You need to invent a name:

A Blerb-ee or Blurbpee
Yakattack
MeowMix (cause of Bobcat)...
popcorn
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 49
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: oilersguy
I find it kind of funny that in the last three Oilers games both Campbell (#36) has started and the three opposing goalies have worn #36, Gibson, Kahkonen, Thompson

Isnt Kahkonen's number 34 when did he change it
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 58
I mean he gets kneed in the head how u gonna blame him for losing his stick lul

Ullmark was trying to make a desperate save there. No one kneed him

Second clip in the video? 1:06 in?
14 janv. 2023 à 23 h 3
Hakuna Matata
Second clip in the video? 1:06 in?

In general this guy used to work for the NHL front office and said it best.

When u work in the front office u tend to know things as hes got insider knowledge and when he says they got away with one its pretty clear.
14 janv. 2023 à 23 h 4
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,683
Isnt Kahkonen's number 34 when did he change it

Had to change it when he came to SJS, Reimer wears 34.
14 janv. 2023 à 23 h 9
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator

Im so confused as there are SJS pictures with Kahkonen in a 34 jersey. Must have been a quick switch
14 janv. 2023 à 23 h 11
In general this guy used to work for the NHL front office and said it best.

When u work in the front office u tend to know things as hes got insider knowledge and when he says they got away with one its pretty clear.

It hits the ends boards. It's not "at the puck" that why the call wasn't made. Absolutely agree if it goes towards Marner it's a penalty, but it doesn't.
McGruff, Hurricanes_WPG et Sklikly a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 23 h 15
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Pettersson's power play goal is rewarded to Horvat. He now has 30 on the season
14 janv. 2023 à 23 h 16
Hakuna Matata
It hits the ends boards. It's not "at the puck" that why the call wasn't made. Absolutely agree if it goes towards Marner it's a penalty, but it doesn't.

U keep trying to defend it but when a guy who worked for the NHL front office says its a missed call its pretty clear its a missed call. Goalies cannot throw their sticks. Its in the rules. Does not have to be at the puck. "For throwing a stick when a player shoots or throws a stick or any other object in the defending zone but not at the puck or puck carrier)

There is a reason u dont see them do it period they are told not to. If they do it, its an awarded penalty shot. In Ullmarks case he throws it delays marners shot thats where the call should have been. U can think what u want but the rules are there for a reason. If u need help consulting the rules the NHL has a rulebook for that.
14 janv. 2023 à 23 h 21
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,559
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator

doesnt reimer wear 47 in SJ
14 janv. 2023 à 23 h 22
GM CRIME DAWG
U keep trying to defend it but when a guy who worked for the NHL front office says its a missed call its pretty clear its a missed call. Goalies cannot throw their sticks. Its in the rules. Does not have to be at the puck. "For throwing a stick when a player shoots or throws a stick or any other object in the defending zone but not at the puck or puck carrier)

There is a reason u dont see them do it period they are told not to. If they do it, its an awarded penalty shot. In Ullmarks case he throws it delays marners shot thats where the call is. U can think what u want but the rules are there for a reason. If u need help consulting the rules the NHL has a rulebook for that.

George Parros works for the NHL...
14 janv. 2023 à 23 h 23
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: McGruff
George Parros works for the NHL...

And thats great but he does not work for the rules system. Hes only there to enforce safety. Not the best guy for it but hey someone's got to do it. If Ullmark threw his stick and it hit Marner in the face Parros would have then come in

Not sure how using 2 different departments that have nothing to do with eachother come in. Throwing a stick is a penalty but not one that results in Parros being needed. Now if Ullmark hit Marner in the face with it then he gets involved and probs gives a 5k fine and moves on.
14 janv. 2023 à 23 h 28
GM CRIME DAWG
And thats great but he does not work for the rules system. Hes only there to enforce safety. Not the best guy for it but hey someone's got to do it. If Ullmark threw his stick and it hit Marner in the face Parros would have then come in

Not sure how using 2 different departments that have nothing to do with eachother come in. Throwing a stick is a penalty but not one that results in Parros being needed. Now if Ullmark hit Marner in the face with it then he gets involved and probs gives a 5k fine and moves on.

Just cause some guy on Twitter, formerly w/ NHL (from Vancouver) says they missed it doesn't make it so.
btw: How long did it take to find that daming evidence.

And he's very persuasive: "I believe..." now that's a concrete start to a defense there Judge!
14 janv. 2023 à 23 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: zk97
doesnt reimer wear 47 in SJ

Thats what i was thinking as when u look up Kahkonen this comes up

r1037849_1296x729_16-9.jpg

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option