14 janv. 2023 à 21 h 49
More Finns More Wins
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 631
14 janv. 2023 à 21 h 49
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,691
BOS-TML playoff hockey in January, sooo-weet.
14 janv. 2023 à 21 h 49
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,896
Quoting: aadoyle

Throws it right as Marners about to shoot causing a delay. Should have been a penalty but we got to game manage it seems

Looks bad from this angle but from the other angle the stick is not a factor. It's not like he threw it at him which for sure would've been a penalty.

https://youtu.be/biZKPKOBN9o
McGruff a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 21 h 50
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,918
Quoting: Rangsey
Looks bad from this angle but from the other angle the stick is not a factor. It's not like he threw it at him which for sure would've been a penalty.

https://youtu.be/biZKPKOBN9o

Stick was thrown at marner causing him to delay his shot and Panel agreed. Should have been a penalty regardless as goalies cannot do that.
Sharkie69 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 21 h 53
Stick was thrown at marner causing him to delay his shot and Panel agreed. Should have been a penalty regardless as goalies cannot do that.

It wasn't thrown at Marner. Watch from the angle infront it just goes to the corner.
McGruff a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 21 h 55
Hakuna Matata
It wasn't thrown at Marner. Watch from the angle infront it just goes to the corner.

He throws the stick to prevent Marner from shooting thats a penalty.

Its been called before

The goalkeeper may attempt to stop the shot in any manner except by throwing his stick or any object, or by deliberately dislodging the goal, in which case a goal shall be awarded.
14 janv. 2023 à 21 h 56
GM CRIME DAWG
OTT got a sound spanking in the USA Rockies...7-Bagel!
zk97 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 21 h 58
GM CRIME DAWG
Doyle:
"He throws the stick to prevent Marner from shooting thats a penalty.
Its been called before"

Man that was 2 and a half hours ago, time has expired you lose!
14 janv. 2023 à 21 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: McGruff
Man that was 2 and a half hours ago, time has expired you lose!

Your basically saying Bruins can cheat and win and its fine

Per the rules "The goalkeeper may attempt to stop the shot in any manner except by throwing his stick or any object, or by deliberately dislodging the goal, in which case a goal shall be awarded."
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 21 h 59

He throws the stick to prevent Marner from shooting thats a penalty

I don't understand how you can upload that second clip and still hold the same opinion. The stick doesn't go anywhere near Marner. He flails and the stick leaves his hand and travels to the corner.
McGruff a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 21 h 59
Hakuna Matata
I don't understand how you can upload that second clip and still hold the same opinion. The stick doesn't go anywhere near Marner. He flails and the stick leaves his hand and travels to the corner.

Per NHL rules The goalkeeper may attempt to stop the shot in any manner except by throwing his stick or any object, or by deliberately dislodging the goal

Goalies cannot throw their sticks as if they were allowed to they would be doing it all the time.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 1
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Bruins resign Zacha for 4 years
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 2
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 42

Jackets win, 4-3 over the Detroit Red Wings.

-Welcome back to the lineup, Boone Jenner! Being captainless for so long has to have had a negative effect on our play as of late, so I expect at least a small bit of bounce back now.

-The boys have had the momentum early on. We got five shots on goal off before they could even get one! I love this type of play!

-Nothing worth noting happened in the first until 12 minutes in, when Gavi gets sent off for roughing.

-That gets killed off, and then Patty gets an opportunity to flex THE SMOOTHEST ONE-TIMER IN THE GAME for his 10th goal on the year! We’re leading 1-0! That’s another thousand for the homeless!

-One minute later, We get a rush and Gavi beats Ville Husso in a goal-mouth scramble to put us up 2-0! This is why we need to extend this man.

-Two minutes after that, Laine beats Husso on a wrister to make the score 3-0. It was at this point that I got a bit concerned. Something told me that we’d end up choking this at some point.

-It really says something when your hockey team is up 3-0 and you think to yourself “Something has to be wrong with the other team” instead of “I’m glad we’re up”. Such is life as a Blue Jackets fan…

-A MINUTE INTO THE SECOND, AND HATTRICK LAINE SCORES FOR HIS THIRD TIME TONIGHT. STUNT. ON. THESE. HOES.

-The second period was a bit of a blur. Two penalties from both sides got killed off, and the period ends very silently. I’m glad we’re up on the scoreboard, but I have this sinking feeling that we’re gonna blow it.

-These fears are given more footing as Olli Maatta scores on a wrister to make the game 4-1. I’ve got a bad feeling about this…

-The fears are soon going to be realized at this rate. Jake Walman scores to make it 4-2. Shoot. We’ve got ourselves a game now.

-We seem to be holding firm now. 5 minutes left, and no more goals given up. Let’s keep this going and come off with a big win.

-…I HAD. TO OPEN. MY MOUTH. Lucas Raymond goes forehand-backhand on Elvis to make it a one goal game. If this game goes to overtime, I swear to Christ…

-IT DOESN’T! IT DIDN’T GO TO OVERTIME! Even after Detroit emptied the net, Elvis held firm, and we won!

-That was an entertaining game to follow, if not a little infuriating. The Wings came out swinging in the third, but we gave a solid fight to ‘em. I’m just glad a hatty from Patty didn’t end up being in vain.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 3
GM CRIME DAWG
Your basically saying Bruins can cheat and win and its fine

Per the rules "The goalkeeper may attempt to stop the shot in any manner except by throwing his stick or any object, or by deliberately dislodging the goal, in which case a goal shall be awarded."

Bro, it was a judgement call like 20 or 30 calls/non-calls each night. Panel was not "agreeing" they were split and frankly who cares what Ron Mac "thinks" about hockey.

What it was, was - abandoning the stick, selling out for the save!!
There's a certain Hall of Famer who was famous for it maybe Y-Tube some chump named Hasek...
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 4
GM CRIME DAWG

It's the rosey glasses w/ the leaf logo emblazoned on the lenses...
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 4
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,589
Zacha 4 x 4.75 wat
zk97 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 5
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Oh boy, a double-header!

Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Fuel Edition

Fuel win, 3-2 the Kalamazoo Wings.

-I’ve found myself in Indianapolis for the weekend, so that means some ECHL hockey! Time for Chicago’s AA squad to play Columbus’s AA squad. Prepare for a lot of names you’ve never heard before.

-It’s Star Wars Night for the Fuel, so they’re wearing special Star Wars-themed jerseys. I will be honest: them sh*t’s ugly. I wish these teams would just wear these special jerseys for practice only. You’ll still get the money for auctioning them off…

-The Fuel actually have a player that’s actually contracted with the Blackhawks (Cameron Hillis). Somehow, he’s not good enough to get the starting nod on the ECHL squad. I don’t know if that’s funny or sad.

-Another thing: the Fuel have a former Blue Jackets draft pick on the squad. I don’t know if you’re familiar with the name Kale Howarth, but he was our 5th round pick in 2017. He went to college at UConn, and we let his reserve list rights expire. This is what he ended up doing. He DID get the starting nod for tonight. That’s cool.

-I don’t know which team I’m watching: the Indy Fuel, or last year’s Blue Jackets. 36 SECONDS INTO THE FIRST PERIOD Max Humitz scores for the K-Wings. Not the best of starts, but they’ll heat up.

-Carson Focht (who, fun fact, is contracted with the Canucks) gets sent to the box for tripping, but that gets killed off. The K-Wings have a good PK for the standards of the league, all things considered.

-At 7 minutes flat, Spencer Watson beats Kalamazoo’s goalie glove side to tie the game! That was a nice play.

-This game has looked very chippy thus far. Both teams have been finishing their checks hard. I expect a fight in the coming minutes.

-No fight occurred in the first period, but another K-Wings penalty happened, and that gets killed off.

-This physical play is definitely going to continue into the second period. It’s very entertaining to watch, and I wish the Jackets played like this.

-Not even thirty seconds into P2, they get very close. Two players get to pushing and shoving after play is blown dead, but the refs are all over it before anything really happens. Whelp.

-Focht gets sent off for tripping AGAIN. He’s gotta get that under control if he’s gonna make it at the higher levels.

-Not much happens until Leif Mattson scores on a one-timer to put the K-Wings up 2-1. I missed a lot of that play since I was in line at the concession stands.

-This Kalamazoo goalie has looked pretty strong tonight. The ECHL has had a reputation for producing some solid goalies, so I’d expect this kid to get a shot in the AHL, or, if worse comes to worse, the big leagues. Remember the name: EVAN CORMIER.

-…As soon as I say this, Watson scores his second on the night. Spence capitalized on a loose puck to let loose a slapper that blows by Cormier. This game is tied once more.

-A tripping call while Andrew Perrott is on a breakaway gives the Fuel a penalty shot. They don’t convert.

-Another Andy Perrott breakaway with 6 seconds left, and this time, they score! The Fuel take their first lead of the night!

-I loved the play seen here by the Fuel. Noticeably better than the first period. Let’s see if they continue this into the final frame…

-The game has gotten so much chippier as the third period gets going. Still no fights, but a lot of checks in the corners that will knock your d*ck stiff.

-Play gets stopped completely with about 9 minutes left because someone from the stands is shining a laser pointer into the field of play. No, it was not me.

-A very blatant interference penalty by the Fuel. Keoni Teixiera just shoved a K-Wing with one hand and took him all the way down. This could be costly in a one-goal game like this…

-Thankfully, it doesn’t cost them one bit. It had a bit of a scare, but ultimately we held firm.

-An even more blatant tripping call for the K-Wings gives the Fuel what is likely their last PP of the night.

-That gets killed off rather easily. About a minute left now.

-A little scare as the clock is winding down, but in the end, the Fuel hold firm, and win!

-If you have an ECHL franchise in your area, I highly, HIGHLY recommend going to one of their games. It’s a very different experience to the NHL product, and I really like it. They also would appreciate your patronage; they need money to, you know, stay running, so buying a ticket would help a bunch.
zk97, McGruff et Tintin a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: McGruff
Bro, it was a judgement call like 20 or 30 calls/non-calls each night. Panel was not "agreeing" they were split and frankly who cares what Ron Mac "thinks" about hockey.

What it was, was - abandoning the stick, selling out for the save!!
There's a certain Hall of Famer who was famous for it maybe Y-Tube some chump named Hasek...

In general there are rules. Goalies cannot throw their sticks to make a save. Every time its happened its been penalized. If Refs allow this were gonna see more of it causing headaches for the league
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 7
Per NHL rules The goalkeeper may attempt to stop the shot in any manner except by throwing his stick or any object, or by deliberately dislodging the goal, in which case a goal shall be awarded.

Goalies cannot throw their sticks as if they were allowed to they would be doing it all the time.

And that is the rule yes. But he's not attempting to make the save by throwing the stick. You can see in your second clip he's not throwing his stick at Marner, he's swinging his stick arm up as the flails across to cover. Goalies do this all the time.

If the stick goes even remotely in the direction of marner it's a penalty. But Ullmark is yardsailing to make the save. The stick doesn't go toward marner.
McGruff et Sklikly a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 9
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
Zacha 4 x 4.75 wat

Signed the wrong Czech player
BigBallsBriere et zk97 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 11
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 17
And that is the rule yes. But he's not attempting to make the save by throwing the stick. You can see in your second clip he's not throwing his stick at Marner, he's swinging his stick arm up as the flails across to cover. Goalies do this all the time.

If the stick goes even remotely in the direction of marner it's a penalty. But Ullmark is yardsailing to make the save. The stick doesn't go toward marner.

In thee rules it says if the goalie is attempting to make a save and throws his stick thats a penalty. When he throws it, it prevents marner from shooting he has to reposition and shot. Even if it does not hit the intent to stop it via the throw was there. People have already said it should have been a penalty.

We cannot be allowing goalies to throw their sticks in desperate attempts to make saves. We already saw Georgiev get called for it. If this happens again leagues officiating really has gone to the gutter.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 12
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: Juiceman
Signed the wrong Czech player

Friedman said on 32 that talks are progressing w/ Pasta rock on .
Zacha is the spicey-Czech-signing to get Pasta to tuck-in too and autograph his new deal in BOS.
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 16
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,094
I need another TOR-BOS 7 game series
14 janv. 2023 à 22 h 24
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Db1899
I need another TOR-BOS 7 game series

I dont know if the president trophy will allow for that

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire