SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

Worst game in years

28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 12
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,271
I know I get a lot of pushback when I say this team isn't a cup contender as is. I love this team and want the best for it. I'd love nothing more than to contend for another cup. But I just don't see if with this team. Needs a big tool at deadline or some change elsewhere. Metro is too good right now. Them hitting the griddy on us made matters even worse.
vmark a aimé ceci.
28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 19
Pens are better
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 570
OT goal was on POJ there. Saw his man flying down the wing and POJ slowed down and let him get to the net for the easy tap in. Also partially Sully's fault for putting Jeff in for 3 on 3. Guy is the slowest out there. Looked like a PK. Pens need changes to the 3rd line. McGinn is the only guy I trust. Kapanen, Heinen, need to go and Carter needs to be scratched.
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 28
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 9
PO could have done more. Letang has been a turnover machine. Doumolin has not done a single thing. Kapenen and heinen haven't done anything. We need a solid 3rd line center and a younger, faster defenseman. The last thing is we give up about 20 more shots than we should. By the end of the 2nd, they have a game's worth of shots
pensfan21 et Imagine874859 a aimé ceci.
28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Imagine874859
OT goal was on POJ there. Saw his man flying down the wing and POJ slowed down and let him get to the net for the easy tap in. Also partially Sully's fault for putting Jeff in for 3 on 3. Guy is the slowest out there. Looked like a PK. Pens need changes to the 3rd line. McGinn is the only guy I trust. Kapanen, Heinen, need to go and Carter needs to be scratched.

Agree on all these points. I think we are playoff team right now, but not cup contender. Something has seemed off to me all season even when we were winning. Very few complete games all season (besides maybe Dallas and WPG). Too many players making a lot of money whose lack of production and errors are actively hurting the team.
28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Gonefishin
PO could have done more. Letang has been a turnover machine. Doumolin has not done a single thing. Kapenen and heinen haven't done anything. We need a solid 3rd line center and a younger, faster defenseman. The last thing is we give up about 20 more shots than we should. By the end of the 2nd, they have a game's worth of shots

Agreed. I worry though even if we have a busy TDL will it be enough. Lots of top players playing bad and a few immovable contracts
28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 31
Démarrer sujet

I think additionally we really need to make a trade for someone that plays with an edge, a gritty/energy guy who can change momentum of games. I feel in addition to everything else that is really missing. A guy like Tanev, or similar to Hornqvist trade when we won cup
28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 31
Pens are better
Quoting: pensfan21
Agree on all these points. I think we are playoff team right now, but not cup contender. Something has seemed off to me all season even when we were winning. Very few complete games all season (besides maybe Dallas and WPG). Too many players making a lot of money whose lack of production and errors are actively hurting the team.

Hopefully Ty plays against New Jersey
Pens3lieve a aimé ceci.
28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 32
Pens are better
I think additionally we really need to make a trade for someone that plays with an edge, a gritty/energy guy who can change momentum of games. I feel in addition to everything else that is really missing. A guy like Tanev, or similar to Hornqvist trade when we won cup

Hornqvist and Duclair for Dumoulin and Kapanen was something I had on my mind a while back
28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Hornqvist and Duclair for Dumoulin and Kapanen was something I had on my mind a while back

I would do that trade easy. This might sound dumb given we let him go, but I'd inquire about Tanev too. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I really feel we need that type of player regardless of the fact he used to be on our roster. He brought it every game. Don't know how much he'd cost, but doubt he's untouchable for them. Maybe even a Tanev + Soucy trade.
Imagine874859 a aimé ceci.
28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 37
Hockey IQ
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,466

POJ should have stayed with his man… if he did 75% chance that goal doesn’t go in… he caught him almost then turned away… made zero sense… also sids line was a -3 idk what’s happening with that…
28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 38
Pens are better
I would do that trade easy. This might sound dumb given we let him go, but I'd inquire about Tanev too. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I really feel we need that type of player regardless of the fact he used to be on our roster. He brought it every game. Don't know how much he'd cost, but doubt he's untouchable for them. Maybe even a Tanev + Soucy trade.

I'd love that. Again, dont think trading Dumo is really realistic but ig it could be possible. Really depends on the player were getting back
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 39
Hockey IQ

We just need players that play like they care… the 4th line and the second power play gave us a 4-0 lead and the top-6 and that awful dumo-ruuta pairing coasted and got whooped by and young DET team… it was the second half of a back to back and they looked like they ran out of gas
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 39
Hockey IQ
Hopefully Ty plays against New Jersey

Get him in there for Dumo
28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 42
Hockey IQ
I don’t remember a pens team that was this up and down… 4-0-1 to start then 0-6-1 then a crazy streak of 15-3-2 now it looks like we’re starting another losing streak as we’re now 0-1-2 and we’ve blown a bunch of leads again…

I'd love that. Again, dont think trading Dumo is really realistic but ig it could be possible. Really depends on the player were getting back
28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Pens3lieve
I don’t remember a pens team that was this up and down… 4-0-1 to start then 0-6-1 then a crazy streak of 15-3-2 now it looks like we’re starting another losing streak as we’re now 0-1-2 and we’ve blown a bunch of leads again…

I feel the same about the games. We rarely have a complete game. It's one good period then 1-2 atrocious periods. I think that's a mix of coaching and roster issues (lack of speed, durability, fatigue). I think Sully is a great coach, but the problems with the lines/roster have been obvious for weeks (3rd line, Carter, Dumo) and he's done nothing to change it. Makes me question if his voice is starting to get stale
Pens3lieve a aimé ceci.
30 déc. 2022 à 16 h 3
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 82
We def need a legit D who can step in and play big minutes. There's a couple of trades I'd like to see.

One is for Chychrun. We have the pieces to make it work. He would make our blue line much deeper.

The other is for Horvat, and depending, maybe Myers. I know he kind of sucks but he has a solid history and he's huge. I think he would be a good addition if we couldn't get Chychrun and they'd be willing to retain salary.

If we got Horvat... all bets are off. He'd be our 3C and we could afford to keep him. He is an absolute beast in the dot, and plays all special teams. Heart on his sleeve. Great loyalty. He would make the room a much more accountable place.

Jarry, Dumo, and Zucker are UFA at the end of the year, clearing up a bunch of money.

Letang needs to find his game and get back to producing points, especially at ES. Malkin needs more ice time, and Sid needs less. Sully has always played Sid more the last 3 plus years and look at what that's gotten us.

Sullivan, I do believe, is a good coach. BUT his deployment is highly questionable, and as he's said in the past, it's one of the only things you CAN control as a coach. Sully's line changes are annoying af ESPECIALLY in OT. With this much skill how the hell are they so bad in the extra frame? It makes no sense. And it's because of coaching.
30 déc. 2022 à 16 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: vmark
We def need a legit D who can step in and play big minutes. There's a couple of trades I'd like to see.

One is for Chychrun. We have the pieces to make it work. He would make our blue line much deeper.

The other is for Horvat, and depending, maybe Myers. I know he kind of sucks but he has a solid history and he's huge. I think he would be a good addition if we couldn't get Chychrun and they'd be willing to retain salary.

If we got Horvat... all bets are off. He'd be our 3C and we could afford to keep him. He is an absolute beast in the dot, and plays all special teams. Heart on his sleeve. Great loyalty. He would make the room a much more accountable place.

Jarry, Dumo, and Zucker are UFA at the end of the year, clearing up a bunch of money.

Letang needs to find his game and get back to producing points, especially at ES. Malkin needs more ice time, and Sid needs less. Sully has always played Sid more the last 3 plus years and look at what that's gotten us.

Sullivan, I do believe, is a good coach. BUT his deployment is highly questionable, and as he's said in the past, it's one of the only things you CAN control as a coach. Sully's line changes are annoying af ESPECIALLY in OT. With this much skill how the hell are they so bad in the extra frame? It makes no sense. And it's because of coaching.

At what point do you think it might be time to consider a coaching change? For me if we lose in first round this year or collapse and don't make playoffs then I would do it. I think he's a great coach, but every great coach also has an expiration date. I would've fired Hextall by now too
31 déc. 2022 à 6 h 2
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 82
At what point do you think it might be time to consider a coaching change? For me if we lose in first round this year or collapse and don't make playoffs then I would do it. I think he's a great coach, but every great coach also has an expiration date. I would've fired Hextall by now too

You're right about Sullivan 100%. I don't like that they gave him an extension. I doubt they'd do it but if we did lose first round or not make it, they should, and if Hextall didn't, then I'd agree he might need some flack too. I like a lot of the moves and signings he's made so far, although I have legit questions about Jarry in the playoffs still.

If he can bring us Bo Horvat for Joseph and 1st round pick I'm down. Then we trade another 1st for Chychrun and pray Jarry can hold it down in the playoffs and win us some series. lol but he has room to make some moves by pushing out contracts. We'll see what he does up until the deadline.

He played Sid 3 more minutes than Geno tonight again btw. And that amount of power play disfunction is disheartening. Sure no Letang but still. 0 goals and like 10 plus minutes and you give up a shorty with like less than 30 seconds in the period? That's just not winning hockey.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage