SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Edmonton Oilers

Stop giving Nurse so much ice time

16 déc. 2022 à 0 h 23
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 728
As we have seen tonight nurse is a huge defensive liability and i think its time we stop playing him big minutes. He simply has not played to the standards that a no 1 dman is held too. Perhaps we could spread out the ice time among all of our dmen or we could try bouch in a role similar to nurses.
slaterthebigboy a aimé ceci.
16 déc. 2022 à 0 h 33
tasieboy
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 65
I think Woody is a good coach but holy **** he cannot manage ice time to save his life. Nurse's ice time should be cut by so much he played 29 mins that's just unsustainable while being bad defensively
oilersfan150 a aimé ceci.
16 déc. 2022 à 0 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: tasieboy
I think Woody is a good coach but holy **** he cannot manage ice time to save his life. Nurse's ice time should be cut by so much he played 29 mins that's just unsustainable while being bad defensively

This yet another reason why the oilers should target jakob chychrun. Nurse can’t be playing these minutes but we have no other defenseman on the left side who can play that large of a role. With chychrun when nurse is playing poorly he can take over his duties and put up strong results.
tasieboy a aimé ceci.
16 déc. 2022 à 0 h 45
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,075
That gaffe tonight was brutal. But to be totally fair, there's also no way Tarasenko should have been sitting that wide open in the near slot. Lots of blame to go around on that one.
16 déc. 2022 à 0 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: mokumboi
That gaffe tonight was brutal. But to be totally fair, there's also no way Tarasenko should have been sitting that wide open in the near slot. Lots of blame to go around on that one.

The rest of the team probably wasn’t expecting such a horrid turnover so they were caught off guard and couldn’t get back in time.
16 déc. 2022 à 0 h 53
mokumboi
Quoting: oilersfan150
The rest of the team probably wasn’t expecting such a horrid turnover so they were caught off guard and couldn’t get back in time.

Heh. Bro, you know that's no excuse at all. And what get back? The puck was down behind the EDM goal.
16 déc. 2022 à 1 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Heh. Bro, you know that's no excuse at all. And what get back? The puck was down behind the EDM goal.

Back to the front of the net i mean to stop tarasenko.

Also i know its not an excuse but i think u also know that a 9 million dollar defensemen can’t be making mistakes like this and that tarasenko was actually nurses man and not the other player’s responsibility. That gtg is 99.99% nurse’s fault. Their is little that could have been done by his teammates.
16 déc. 2022 à 1 h 9
tasieboy
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 65
This yet another reason why the oilers should target jakob chychrun. Nurse can’t be playing these minutes but we have no other defenseman on the left side who can play that large of a role. With chychrun when nurse is playing poorly he can take over his duties and put up strong results.

Especially if Broberg is playing 8ish mins a game just trade Broberg+ and take away Nurse mins those 1st round picks won't be good by the time Mcdavid and Drai decide if they want to leave
oilersfan150 a aimé ceci.
16 déc. 2022 à 1 h 14
mokumboi
Back to the front of the net i mean to stop tarasenko.

Also i know its not an excuse but i think u also know that a 9 million dollar defensemen can’t be making mistakes like this and that tarasenko was actually nurses man and not the other player’s responsibility. That gtg is 99.99% nurse’s fault. Their is little that could have been done by his teammates.

Cmon, man. I agree that Nurse's mistake was pathetic, but it's just as pathetic for nobody to be anywhere near the all-star sniper camped out right in front of goal. Nurse was truly terrible on the play, and he wasn't alone in that.
CD282 a aimé ceci.
16 déc. 2022 à 1 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Cmon, man. I agree that Nurse's mistake was pathetic, but it's just as pathetic for nobody to be anywhere near the all-star sniper camped out right in front of goal. Nurse was truly terrible on the play, and he wasn't alone in that.

As i said before tarasenko was the guy nurse was supposed to be covering, at the end of day he turned it over himself and couldn’t get back into position to cover his man. Unless his teammates did something ridiculous there was no to stop that. Perhaps someone could have tried to cover for nurse but it all happened so fast it was just too late. The loss isn’t 100% nurses fault as there was a case were shore and barrie both missed golden opportunities but i can confidently say that the gtg is nurses fault.
16 déc. 2022 à 1 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: tasieboy
Especially if Broberg is playing 8ish mins a game just trade Broberg+ and take away Nurse mins those 1st round picks won't be good by the time Mcdavid and Drai decide if they want to leave

I 100% agree with you. The oilers gotta start making some big moves if they wanna win the cup and chychrun is the perfect guy to trade for rn
16 déc. 2022 à 3 h 42
mokumboi
As i said before tarasenko was the guy nurse was supposed to be covering, at the end of day he turned it over himself and couldn’t get back into position to cover his man. Unless his teammates did something ridiculous there was no to stop that. Perhaps someone could have tried to cover for nurse but it all happened so fast it was just too late. The loss isn’t 100% nurses fault as there was a case were shore and barrie both missed golden opportunities but i can confidently say that the gtg is nurses fault.

Nurse was trying to play the puck behind the net and lost a battle with Kyrou, so I don't understand why you keep saying Vova was his man. And it certainly did not happen so fast that everybody else could just check out. He was standing alone in the slot before Kyrou even made the steal. Again, I totally getvyour anger at Nurse, but you're really letting everyone else off the hook here.
CD282 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage