SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Other Leagues

NCAA Hockey Realignment & Expansion

10 déc. 2022 à 14 h 7
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,940
Modifié 10 déc. 2022 à 19 h 9
Had some fun and tried to realign and expand the NCAA. I know it's pretty unrealistic in its entirety, but there might be some ideas that could work (most prominently Illinois adding a D1 program). Any thoughts on this from the college hockey fans on here?

N: New
M: Moved

Big 10:
Illinois (N)
Michigan State
Michigan
Minnesota
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Penn State
Rutgers (N)
UCLA (N)
USC (N)
Wisconsin

Hockey East:
Boston College
Boston University
Connecticut
Maine
UMass-Lowell
Massachusetts
Merrimack
New Hampshire
Northeastern
Providence
Quinnipac (M)
Syracuse (N)
Vermont

ECAC:
Brown
Clarkson
Colgate
Cornell
Dartmouth
Harvard
Pennsylvania (N)
Princeton
Rensselaer
Rhode Island (N)
St. Lawrence
Union
Yale

Atlantic Hockey:
AIC
Air Force
Army
Bentley
Canisus
Holy Cross
Long Island (M)
Mercyhurst
Niagara
RIT
Sacred Heart
Stonehill (M)
Virginia (N)
West Virgina (N)

NCHC:
Arizona State (M)
Colorado
Denver
Miami (OH)
Minnesota-Duluth
North Dakota
North Dakota State (N)
Omaha
Oregon (N)
St. Cloud State
Western Michigan

CCHA:
Bemidji State
Bowling Green
Central Michigan (N)
Grand Valley State (N)
Ferrris State
Lake Superior State
Lindenwood (M)
Michigan Tech
Minnesota State
Northern Michigan
St. Thomas

Independents:
Alaska
Alaska Anchorage

(Image didn't load, had to copy the text)
DonVito a aimé ceci.
11 déc. 2022 à 22 h 46
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,913
Wouldn't Air Force be a more logical fit for NCHC?
aedoran et Harebrained a aimé ceci.
12 déc. 2022 à 0 h 35
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,707
If I had a nickel every time a California team joined the Big 10, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it’s happened twice.
TZ11, BeterChiarelli, aedoran and 3 others a aimé ceci.
13 déc. 2022 à 6 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,940
Quoting: CoopsTroops

Would make sense at first glance, but I feel like they'd want to stay in a conference with Army and the other schools they have a connection with now, even though it doesn't make sense geographically. But tbh College sport in total doesn't make sense geographically (for example: UCLA and USC joining Big 10, Hockey East being comprised of teams from New England and Indiana for a few years in the 2010s).
aedoran a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2023 à 3 h 5
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Quoting: TZ11
Would make sense at first glance, but I feel like they'd want to stay in a conference with Army and the other schools they have a connection with now, even though it doesn't make sense geographically. But tbh College sport in total doesn't make sense geographically (for example: UCLA and USC joining Big 10, Hockey East being comprised of teams from New England and Indiana for a few years in the 2010s).

I agree with you
20 mars 2023 à 14 h 59
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,560
Quoting: CoopsTroops

Probably, geographically, but I don't know if they're cut out for that league. CC wasn't when they were inducted in
24 mars 2023 à 12 h 55
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 906

Quoting: Harebrained
I agree with you

Quoting: Litening95
Probably, geographically, but I don't know if they're cut out for that league. CC wasn't when they were inducted in

No way Air Force would hang in the NCHC and no way the league wants them. They don't add anything of value to the conference.

The 2 Alaska schools, and Arizona State seem like they could build a conference with 3 more additions: Air Force, Lindenwood, and Albama-Huntsville.

With LIU, Stonehill, and other teams trying to make the jump to D-I (Saint Anselm and Utica) already discussing an Eastern conference that probably limits what happens out west to the above.

Getting Air Force to leave the Atlantic and conference matchups with Army would be difficult; but they haven't been as competitive there recently. As a Federal institution the travel costs aren't as big of a deal to them as other schools.

Arizona State would bolt that conference as soon as a better option came along (NCHC, Big Ten, or maybe some day a PAC conference) however so not sure AFA would see it as viable long term.

Probably the only way AFA would leave the Atlantic is they convinced all the Ivy League schools to join them in a new conference with Army (maybe Navy down the road?).

Aside from that the only western teams that would have enough pull to get AFA out would be if they joined a Pac-12 type conference like Notre Dame did with Big Ten.

Since only Arizona State is D-1 and no one else is close that is long way off.

I still don't understand why BYU doesn't pursue a D-1 hockey team either.
26 avr. 2023 à 12 h 19
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Modifié 3 mai 2023 à 2 h 7
Yo, I feel you, man. It sucks when you gotta say goodbye to one of your boys on the team. But sometimes, the business side of things gets in the way of personal relationships. In this case, it looks like the cap situation forced the team's hand in trading away one of their talented players. These guys also need to balance their education and sports. Someone is smart enough to use this source https://essaylab.com/pay_for_papers_written for it, but someone decides to stop their career. But who knows, maybe this move will end up being a blessing in disguise. Maybe it'll give some other players on the squad a chance to step up and shine. Either way, it's always tough to see a bro leave, but you gotta trust the process and keep pushing forward.
27 avr. 2023 à 11 h 0
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: ChemahCholic
Yo, I feel you, man. It sucks when you gotta say goodbye to one of your boys on the team. But sometimes, the business side of things gets in the way of personal relationships. In this case, it looks like the cap situation forced the team's hand in trading away one of their talented players. But who knows, maybe this move will end up being a blessing in disguise. Maybe it'll give some other players on the squad a chance to step up and shine. Either way, it's always tough to see a bro leave, but you gotta trust the process and keep pushing forward.

how are the bot replies are getting more and more non-sensical lmao
28 avr. 2023 à 14 h 54
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 39
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
If I had a nickel every time a California team joined the Big 10, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it’s happened twice.

Would you be willing to sell me one of those nickels? I'm looking for some start up capital to move Oregon to the Big-10
NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
28 avr. 2023 à 15 h 12
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: DonVito
Would you be willing to sell me one of those nickels? I'm looking for some start up capital to move Oregon to the Big-10

I’d be more than happy to give you both nickels , on the condition that Oregon replaces Maryland
DonVito a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2023 à 3 h 50
Arizona State joining the NCHC

https://thesundevils.com/news/2023/7/5/mens-ice-hockey-arizona-state-to-join-nchc-starting-in-2024-25-season.aspx
7 juill. 2023 à 17 h 56
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Big 10:
Illinois (N)
Michigan State
Michigan
Minnesota
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Penn State
Rutgers (N)
UCLA (N)
USC (N)
Wisconsin

Seems to me like Northwestern and Purdue or Iowa (already Big 10 members) would make more sense than adding the two California schools.

I'd put the California schools in the NCHC Western Conference with DU, CC, and Arizona State, and leave out North Dakota State.
4 août 2023 à 23 h 52
Well now the Big XII conference has at least ONE school with ice hockey: Arizona State

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage