SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 season Discussion (Part 2)

17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 1
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,572
Quoting: aadoyle
https://theathletic.com/4043711/2023/01/17/ryan-oreilly-maple-leafs-trade-deadline/

Big blues reporter Jeremy Rutherford wrote today he believes with how things have been if they decide to move him Toronto could get ROR for their 1st + Minten and Blues would retain 50%

No thank you
17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,881
Quoting: Random2152
No thank you

I argue you could probs send a lesser project but it seems clear ROR is one of Dubas's targets.

And im not entirely opposed to it as him being our 3c would be nice as if Matthews or JT get hurt he can fill in. Just got to wait and see how he does from whenever he gets back to March

This deadline seems to be the deadline of rentals so gonna be interesting to see who goes where.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: Nathaniel

Save this man

Yup

NorthernLeafsFan05 a aimé ceci.
17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 20
Just Keep Swimming
I argue you could probs send a lesser project but it seems clear ROR is one of Dubas's targets.

And im not entirely opposed to it as him being our 3c would be nice as if Matthews or JT get hurt he can fill in. Just got to wait and see how he does from whenever he gets back to March

This deadline seems to be the deadline of rentals so gonna be interesting to see who goes where.

Don't hate ror. Hate the cost. He is currently as injured as Foligno was and is producing the same amount right now!!!
17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 22
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,015
https://theathletic.com/4043711/2023/01/17/ryan-oreilly-maple-leafs-trade-deadline/

Big blues reporter Jeremy Rutherford wrote today he believes with how things have been if they decide to move him Toronto could get ROR for their 1st + Minten and Blues would retain 50%

I argue with the injury you could probs switch Minten for Hirvonen. Would it be my first choice no BUT

A C core of Matthews 1C, Tavares 2c, O'Rielly 3c, Kampf 4c would be a force.

Pass. Im still a fan of buying low on guys like Puljujarvi or Garland who have control and provide a lot at both ends of the ice. OReilly is a pure rental and will cost more than both guys I listed
17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
No thank you

Foligno the year the Leafs traded for him: 42 GP 7G-9A-16P and injury concerns.

O'Reilly this year: 37 GP 10G-6A-16P and injury concerns.

flashback-war.gif

If he wasn’t injured and having an off year I’d probably would be more excited to add a former Conn Smythe/Cup winner.

But I’d pass very fast on O’Rielly also
17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Pass. Im still a fan of buying low on guys like Puljujarvi or Garland who have control and provide a lot at both ends of the ice. OReilly is a pure rental and will cost more than both guys I listed

The issue with JP is hes to much of a gamble. The stats say hes an upgrade but hes on pace for 7 goals and 11 assists. For 3mill I would rather have ROR

Garland at 4.95 mill could work but issues will then arise with Bunting.

In general many of the options just will cause headaches as I feel JP will come in and be the next Kerfoot and were just gonna go so why did we get him again.
17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 32
Just Keep Swimming
Guys we are playing Tampa.

That means a few things.
1) we need every line to contribute
2) we need to be able to match their play style (regardless of how they choose to play us, rush or cycle game)
3) Tampa is a dirty ass team. We need to be able to play within that and dish it back without hurting the team penalty/suspension wise.

Give me sh1theads who can score and defend the rush
NorthernLeafsFan05 et oneX a aimé ceci.
17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 40
Amirov Forever
The issue with JP is hes to much of a gamble. The stats say hes an upgrade but hes on pace for 7 goals and 11 assists. For 3mill I would rather have ROR

Garland at 4.95 mill could work but issues will then arise with Bunting.

In general many of the options just will cause headaches as I feel JP will come in and be the next Kerfoot and were just gonna go so why did we get him again.

On paper I'd rather have ROR, but circumstantially, I would rather have Puljujarvi or Garland. Zero chance Im trading a first AND one of Knies or Minten for a pure rental. IMO, the first alone is a stretch. Buying low in this market is the way to go
17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 41
Amirov Forever

That means a few things.
2) we need to be able to match their play style (regardless of how they choose to play us, rush or cycle game)
3) Tampa is a dirty ass team. We need to be able to play within that and dish it back without hurting the team penalty/suspension wise.

Konecny would be such a great fit
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 41
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 46
Quoting: MatthewsFan

flashback-war.gif

If he wasn’t injured and having an off year I’d probably would be more excited to add a former Conn Smythe/Cup winner.

The one thing is this deadline will be a rental deadline

All the good big pieces are unfortunately rentals

Tarasenko, ROR, Toews, Kane, Monahan, Horvat

Only Meier isnt but were not affording that cap hit beyond this season

We hear Garland and all that but we have 0 idea what Van's plan is rn. I feel they trade Horvat and luke schenn, keep him and try again

As long as Dubas doesnt give up to much im okay with a rental like ROR. Not my first choice but him being the 3c wouldnt be the worst.

Like if we leave the TDL with

ROR, Acciari, and Bjugstand and didnt give up to much im good. Like I would not be surprised if what we saw Gio go for is what Dubas gives for ROR and Acciari
17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 42
Hakuna Matata
Konecny would be such a great fit

I dont see Philly moving him. They probs gonna move Provarov, JVR, Braun
17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 53
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173

flashback-war.gif

Comparing ORielly to Foligno isn’t really fair (not saying you were trying to say Foligno=ORielly but just pointing it out). ORielly is a former Conn Smythe trophy winner, not to mention a former Selke finalist. I get that he’s having a down year but I’d take him over Foligno 10 times out of 10. I’d pay a first for him, but a first and a good prospect is a bit much. I’d agree that it’s probably better to go for someone else.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Saskleaf
Comparing ORielly to Foligno isn’t really fair (not saying you were trying to say Foligno=ORielly but just pointing it out). ORielly is a former Conn Smythe trophy winner, not to mention a former Selke finalist. I get that he’s having a down year but I’d take him over Foligno 10 times out of 10. I’d pay a first for him, but a first and a good prospect is a bit much. I’d agree that it’s probably better to go for someone else.

This
17 janv. 2023 à 15 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

That means a few things.

The 2022-23 TBL is one of the better matchups for the Leafs as a decent but not dominant defensive team that plays cycle over rush on Off.

Also TBL are not a super fast team, they do most of their offense in zone vs. off the rush, and their defense this season has not been as dominant as it once was.

We were right there with them at 5 on 5 last year
FkhrJtpXkAAu6ye?format=jpg&name=medium

But out bottom 6 contributed jack **** and we lost the special teams battle.

I don’t disagree on the asshole department (no Muzzin or Lyubushkin) on the backend and our bottom 6 still can’t score.

We need at least 2 forwards and 1 SOB Dman still
17 janv. 2023 à 16 h 0
Hakuna Matata

Like I mentioned not my first choice BUT him at 3c isnt awful. Dont know who the wings would be but man having Matthews, Tavares, O'Rielly, and Kampf being your 1-4C is not bad
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
17 janv. 2023 à 16 h 2
Hakuna Matata
The 2022-23 TBL is one of the better matchups for the Leafs as a decent but not dominant defensive team that plays cycle over rush on Off.

Also TBL are not a super fast team, they do most of their offense in zone vs. off the rush, and their defense this season has not been as dominant as it once was.

I don’t disagree on the asshole department (no Muzzin or Lyubushkin) on the backend and our bottom 6 still can’t score.

With how Buffalo fans are with Lybushkin could get him back for nothing. Seems he just worked here

Like he wasnt the greatest but he just worked out and man that Dcore was fun

Rielly-Lybushkin
Muzzin-Brodie
Gio-Liligren/Holl
Sandin (injured)

Honestly I want to see more Benn. On the third pair I got no issues with him and the fact he plays a physical almost budget like Muzzin game im like maybe a game here and there. If he can perform when needed no real need to bring in another D

Forward is where the focus should be

One mid/big move with 2-3 smaller moves

For the small moves Noel Acciari and Bjugstand are my target
17 janv. 2023 à 16 h 17
Go leafs go
This

Then that’s a terrible take man. ORielly is way better than Foligno.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
17 janv. 2023 à 16 h 18
Go leafs go
Like I mentioned not my first choice BUT him at 3c isnt awful. Dont know who the wings would be but man having Matthews, Tavares, O'Rielly, and Kampf being your 1-4C is not bad

Yah for sure.
17 janv. 2023 à 16 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

flashback-war.gif

Then that’s a terrible take man. ORielly is way better than Foligno.

Pls read, I said “ If he wasn’t injured and having an off year I’d probably would be more excited to add a former Conn Smythe/Cup winner.”
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
17 janv. 2023 à 16 h 24
Just Keep Swimming

Tampa usually plays cycle, but theyve shown an ability to play an effective rush game when they deem it beneficial, like against the leafs last year. We need to have an answer for it
17 janv. 2023 à 16 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Tampa usually plays cycle, but theyve shown an ability to play an effective rush game when they deem it beneficial, like against the leafs last year. We need to have an answer for it

Well tonight will be a perfect example of how the current Dcore does against one of the best rush OFF in the league, FLA.

One of the biggest weakness for the Leafs' D is footspeed and that's why I'd worry about a series against very strong rush teams which TBL is not anymore. Try to watch some of there game tomorrow against VAN, it’s not there MO as it used to be.
17 janv. 2023 à 16 h 34
Go leafs go
Pls read, I said “ If he wasn’t injured and having an off year I’d probably would be more excited to add a former Conn Smythe/Cup winner.”

Yah I saw that, which is why I said “not saying you are saying Foligno=ORielly”.
17 janv. 2023 à 18 h 46
Just Keep Swimming
Well tonight will be a perfect example of how the current Dcore does against one of the best rush OFF in the league, FLA.

One of the biggest weakness for the Leafs' D is footspeed and that's why I'd worry about a series against very strong rush teams which TBL is not anymore. Try to watch some of there game tomorrow against VAN, it’s not there MO as it used to be.

As i said, they are usually a cycle team, but they can switch it up effectively when needed.

Also are florida still good off the rush? I know they were last year but... Paul Maurice...
17 janv. 2023 à 18 h 52
Just Keep Swimming
As i said, they are usually a cycle team, but they can switch it up effectively when needed.

Also are florida still good off the rush? I know they were last year but... Paul Maurice...

Speak of the devil

MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage