SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 season Discussion (Part 2)

8 déc. 2022 à 23 h 48
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Did not think when I started this thread it make it here so fast. Happy it caught on

Thought he made a really nice pass to setup Kampf’s goal.

leafs101 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2022 à 23 h 52
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,729
Modifié 9 déc. 2022 à 0 h 1
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Did not think when I started this thread it make it here so fast. Happy it caught on

Honestly if Leafs go get a 3c like Dvorak and have a 4th line of Holmberg-Kampf-ZAR that aint bad

Like imagine

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Robertson (expect him back)-Tavares-Marner
Knies-Dvorak-Jarnkrok
Holmberg-Kampf-ZAR

Thats 4 c's who are dangerous in the faceoff and do the little things we need

Also get to that 2.1 mill x 4 year extension for Kampf already
9 déc. 2022 à 1 h 3
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,864

I've been VERY impressed with Holmberg. I didnt think he'd be able to slot in as a center so effortlessly at the NHL level. He's been lights out, definitely one of Dubas' best draft picks.

Also, how are we already onto a new thread 😂. You boys definitely have the Passion ™️
MatthewsFan, Saskleaf et palhal a aimé ceci.
9 déc. 2022 à 11 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

With all the injuries on defense and now with Jarnkrok and Robertson, the Leafs depth has really been tested and we’ve still got 3 point a game guys on the Marlies who can step into the bottom 6 and provide a spark. love it
leafs101 a aimé ceci.
9 déc. 2022 à 11 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
👌

9 déc. 2022 à 12 h 25
Hakuna Matata

With all the injuries on defense and now with Jarnkrok and Robertson, the Leafs depth has really been tested and we’ve still got 3 point a game guys on the Marlies who can step into the bottom 6 and provide a spark. love it

Most likely called him up also because a Giraffe decided to headshot

Probs will get a game so we gonna need Joey as Simmonds cant play every night
9 déc. 2022 à 18 h 52
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: aadoyle
Most likely called him up also because a Giraffe decided to headshot

Probs will get a game so we gonna need Joey as Simmonds cant play every night

DOPS must not like Giraffes

1 game suspension
10 déc. 2022 à 0 h 17
Amirov Forever
Modifié 10 déc. 2022 à 0 h 22
FROM OTHER THREAD

Leafs should find away to get Crouse that man is perfect for Marner and Tavares

Im going to have to agree with leafs101 on this one (Avoid Crouse). Not only is Crouse fairly slow, but he is also a piece Arizona has identified as being a part of their team moving forward. I doubt Arizona is looking to move him at all, so a tremendous overpay would have to be in place. Personally, I'd explore acquiring Garland and replacing Engvall with him. Supposedly the return for Garland is going to be "pedestrian". Imagine a lineup of:

Garland - Matthews - Nylander
Robertson - Tavares - Marner
Bunting - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
Aston Reese - Kampf - Player X*

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Liljegren
Giordano - Timmins
Holl

* - Simmonds, Gaudette, Anderson, Clifford, Ellis

Granted, Garland's contract is worrysome and we should try and find a target to buy low on (Expanded on in post above)
- Jesse Puljujarvi*
- Morgan Geekie*
- Noah Gregor
- Trent Frederic
- Barrett Hayton*
- Eric Robinson
- Warren Foegele

* - Best fits
10 déc. 2022 à 0 h 22
Amirov Forever
FROM OTHER THREAD

Leafs should find away to get Crouse that man is perfect for Marner and Tavares

Im going to have to agree with leafs101 on this one (Avoid Crouse). Not only is Crouse fairly slow, but he is also a piece Arizona has identified as being a part of their team moving forward. I doubt Arizona is looking to move him at all, so a tremendous overpay would have to be in place. Personally, I'd explore acquiring Garland and replacing Engvall with him. Supposedly the return for Garland is going to be "pedestrian". Imagine a lineup of:

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Liljegren
Giordano - Timmins
Holl

Granted, Garland's contract is worrysome and we should try and find a target to buy low on. I really wish the Leafs would identify more misused forward talent that could be bought low on. We did it with Murray and Timmins this year, but it really never happens with forwards. Vegas stealing Stephenson comes to mind; just imagine a trade like that for the Leafs. Curious to see what you guys have in mind, because obviously getting a great talent for very little would be beneficial for the Leafs. It would be beneficial for any team. Some guys that stick out to me are:

- Jesse Puljujarvi
- Barrett Hayton
- Morgan Geekie
- Noah Gregor
- Trent Frederic
- Eric Robinson
- Warren Foegele
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2022 à 0 h 23
Amirov Forever
Wonder how long this thread will last before we hit 50 pages tears of joy

We're going to have 4 different threads at our current rate
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2022 à 0 h 24
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Nathaniel
FROM OTHER THREAD

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Liljegren
Giordano - Timmins
Holl

Granted, Garland's contract is worrysome and we should try and find a target to buy low on (Expanded on in post below)

Nah Crouse 12 goals rn. Like Garland last year sure but this years meh

This year hes the worst Canuck 5 on 5 offensively per stats

Like as I said in the other post speed is fine but Crouse has been pretty good since last year. Hes on pace rn for 30 goals. Thats pretty good for a 4mill wing. Like if we focus on speed Engvall is fast but has been mostly useless.
10 déc. 2022 à 0 h 28
Amirov Forever
Nah Crouse 12 goals rn. Like Garland last year sure but this years meh

This year hes the worst Canuck 5 on 5 offensively per stats

Like as I said in the other post speed is fine but Crouse has been pretty good since last year. Hes on pace rn for 30 goals. Thats pretty good for a 4mill wing. Like if we focus on speed Engvall is fast but has been mostly useless.

I personally don't really care about the footspeed of Crouse , I worry more about the acquisition cost and the long term commitment. Arizona really likes the guy, they are in no rush to move him. If we could swindle him away from Arizona for a not-aggreious amount then sure, but its going to cost a lot. Leafs have failed to get the most out of guys like Crouse in recent years, so the thought of parting with a ton of futures for a guy signed long term that may not fit in well scares me. In theory he should fit in just fine assuming he maintains his play from Arizona, but it's not that easy
10 déc. 2022 à 0 h 37
Hakuna Matata
I personally don't really care about the footspeed of Crouse , I worry more about the acquisition cost and the long term commitment. Arizona really likes the guy, they are in no rush to move him. If we could swindle him away from Arizona for a not-aggreious amount then sure, but its going to cost a lot. Leafs have failed to get the most out of guys like Crouse in recent years, so the thought of parting with a ton of futures for a guy signed long term that may not fit in well scares me. In theory he should fit in just fine assuming he maintains his play from Arizona, but it's not that easy

In general who cares for the cost if u get 4.5 years at 4.3mill. You get control of a 20+ goal scorer. Sure it wont be cheap but hey winning = paying for the most part.

Like sure Garland would be cheaper to get but what if he doesnt rebound we got an almost 5mill guy sitting on our team being a more expensive Kerfoot
10 déc. 2022 à 0 h 41
Amirov Forever
Modifié 10 déc. 2022 à 0 h 49
In general who cares for the cost if u get 4.5 years at 4.3mill. You get control of a 20+ goal scorer

Like sure Garland would be cheaper to get but what if he doesnt rebound we got an almost 5mill guy sitting on our team being a more expensive Kerfoot

Which is exactly why I said "Granted, Garland's contract is worrysome and we should try and find a target to buy low on". In all my hurry to move my post from the old thread to this one, I didn't have time to include my list of targets I would prefer to Garland, and you beat me to it by quoting it first haha. We aren't NHL GMs for a reason and Dubas has taken a legitimate look at Garland in the past. If it weren't for an injury he likely would've wound up as a Leaf, so if Dubas believes that spark is genuinely still there, now is the perfect time to pounce. I'm not giving up on Garland yet, he has been completely miscast in Vancouver this season. Lets not forget he is only a year removed from a career season where he put up 50 points and was a +18. I think Puljujarvi would be the ideal target for a top 6 forward that doesn't carry a ton of risk. He brings good transitional play and is a buy-very low target with 1 year left and expiry as an RFA. Screams Leaf trade target to me IMO.
10 déc. 2022 à 1 h 2
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 10 déc. 2022 à 1 h 18
Which is exactly why I said "Granted, Garland's contract is worrysome and we should try and find a target to buy low on". In all my hurry to move my post from the old thread to this one, I didn't have time to include my list of targets I would prefer to Garland, and you beat me to it by quoting it first haha. We aren't NHL GMs for a reason and Dubas has taken a legitimate look at Garland in the past. If it weren't for an injury he likely would've wound up as a Leaf, so if Dubas believes that spark is genuinely still there, now is the perfect time to pounce. I'm not giving up on Garland yet, he has been completely miscast in Vancouver. My reasoning for that take was more so that the Leafs have been very interested in the past. I think Puljujarvi would be the ideal target for a top 6 forward that brings good transitional play. He's a buy-very low target with 1 year left and expiry as an RFA. Screams Leaf trade target to me IMO.

Pulijarvi is just to much of a gamble. Likes hes got less goals than Kerfoot, Engvall, or heck all our bottom 6. And most of the guys listed in your other post be similar or just very slight upgrades

I would rather go for guys who are scoring rn

Crouse, Nied, Konecney, etc

Wont be cheap (well maybe Nied) but hey as we saw in the Tampa series depth scoring takes u far
10 déc. 2022 à 1 h 51
Amirov Forever
Modifié 10 déc. 2022 à 2 h 18
Pulijarvi is just to much of a gamble. Likes hes got less goals than Kerfoot, Engvall, or heck all our bottom 6. And most of the guys listed in your other post be similar or just very slight upgrades

Wont be cheap (well maybe Nied) but hey as we saw in the Tampa series depth scoring takes u far

Call me crazy, but this is a player I'd take a bet on. It's scary how similar his situation is to that of Valeri Nichushkin in Dallas. There is no risk in going after Puljujarvi and the reward is absolutely tremendous. Help him find his game again and you're flying. Edmonton's development system is also not the greatest, and I whole heartedly believe they have failed the Bison King. Plus, if you do help him find his game and take a change on him when his value is this low, you get a lot of loyalty from the player. I just don't see a downside to taking on Puljujarvi. He could be so good.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2022 à 1 h 53
Amirov Forever
Modifié 10 déc. 2022 à 2 h 18

Call me crazy, but this is a player I'd take a bet on. It's scary how similar his situation is to that of Valeri Nichushkin in Dallas. There is no risk in going after Puljujarvi and the reward is absolutely tremendous. Help him find his game again and you're flying. Edmonton's development system is also not the greatest, and I whole heartedly believe they have failed the Bison King. Plus, if you do help him find his game and take a change on him when his value is this low, you get a lot of loyalty from the player. I just don't see a downside to taking on Puljujarvi. He could be so good.

image.png

Plus, he's got the Passion
10 déc. 2022 à 2 h 1
Amirov Forever
Modifié 10 déc. 2022 à 2 h 17

image.png

Plus, he's got the Passion

And one more for good measure:

10 déc. 2022 à 8 h 43
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,207
FROM OTHER THREAD

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Liljegren
Giordano - Timmins
Holl

Granted, Garland's contract is worrysome and we should try and find a target to buy low on. I really wish the Leafs would identify more misused forward talent that could be bought low on. We did it with Murray and Timmins this year, but it really never happens with forwards. Vegas stealing Stephenson comes to mind; just imagine a trade like that for the Leafs. Curious to see what you guys have in mind, because obviously getting a great talent for very little would be beneficial for the Leafs. It would be beneficial for any team. Some guys that stick out to me are:

- Jesse Puljujarvi
- Barrett Hayton
- Morgan Geekie
- Noah Gregor
- Trent Frederic
- Eric Robinson
- Warren Foegele

i mean we did do that with Bunting and Kampf to a lesser extent.
10 déc. 2022 à 11 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

I’d be all over getting him
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2022 à 11 h 41
Hakuna Matata

I’d be all over getting him

If its Engvall and a low pick for him sure
10 déc. 2022 à 11 h 46
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,555
If its Engvall and a low pick for him sure

I don't think hed even cost that.

Genuinely think we could get him for free in the summer
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2022 à 12 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Still brutal but not worst case. Hopefully he comes back strong. I kinda hope they just send him to the AHL once healthy and spend the rest of the season there. Important to remember he JUST turned 21
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2022 à 12 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
I don't think hed even cost that.

Genuinely think we could get him for free in the summer

Yeah true make it a 1 for 1
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2022 à 12 h 39
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,555
Yeah true make it a 1 for 1

Nah. Dont get the engval hate tbh. Hes been fine. Need to get more offence from the B6 but his impact has been solid overall
MatthewsFan et palhal a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage