Forums/Armchair-GM

Revisionist History

Créé par: Canucks33
Équipe: 2022-23 Canucks de Vancouver
Date de création initiale: 6 déc. 2022
Publié: 6 déc. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The organization adds 3 RHDs with potential that fit with our core and a potential core 3C in less than one year. The team's two biggest weaknesses have been addressed sustainably while achieving more cap flexibility (just move Myers next year and we're set).

If the Canucks made hockey ops decisions based on Twitter polls I believe these deals would have gotten done. They were reportedly on the table and the Canucks chose not to do them.
Transactions
VAN
  1. Chytil, Filip
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
Lundkvist
NYR
  1. Miller, J.T.
Détails additionnels:
Reported deal from last year's deadline.
VAN
    Reported offseason package for Marino
    PIT
    1. Rathbone, Jack
    2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (VAN)
    VAN
    1. Dickinson, Jason
    2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (VAN)
    Détails additionnels:
    No need for this trade
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2382 500 000 $80 747 917 $1 250 000 $2 932 500 $1 752 083 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
    950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    7 350 000 $7 350 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 2
    6 650 000 $6 650 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 3
    4 950 000 $4 950 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 4
    4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AD, AG
    RFA - 2
    891 667 $891 667 $ (Bonis de performance300 000 $$300K)
    AG, AD
    RFA - 1
    Logo de Rangers de New York
    2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    825 000 $825 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 3
    883 750 $883 750 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
    C
    RFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 5
    Logo de Devils du New Jersey
    4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 5
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 4
    7 260 000 $7 260 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    762 500 $762 500 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    850 000 $850 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
    2 650 000 $2 650 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 2
    3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
    AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Stars de Dallas
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    DD
    RFA - 2
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 3
    750 000 $750 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    6 déc. 2022 à 14 h 34
    Rejoint: oct. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 367
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    6 déc. 2022 à 14 h 51
    Rejoint: oct. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 479
    I think if the Miller trade did end up happening I think there’d be no Bear trade. But personally as both a Pens fan and Canucks fan, they really should’ve taken that deal for Marino. As a Pens fan it’s one that I’d hate but as a Canucks fan it’s one that I’d love. I like Rathbone but there’s no way he finds a good role with the Canucks with Hughes and OEL being locked up for long term. Hughes and Marino is nothing but a what should’ve been if that makes sense. As for the Stillman trade, it’s one that never should’ve happened and a waste of a 2nd round pick.
    6 déc. 2022 à 15 h 1
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: déc. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,075
    Quoting: BestGMBenning
    I think if the Miller trade did end up happening I think there’d be no Bear trade. But personally as both a Pens fan and Canucks fan, they really should’ve taken that deal for Marino. As a Pens fan it’s one that I’d hate but as a Canucks fan it’s one that I’d love. I like Rathbone but there’s no way he finds a good role with the Canucks with Hughes and OEL being locked up for long term. Hughes and Marino is nothing but a what should’ve been if that makes sense. As for the Stillman trade, it’s one that never should’ve happened and a waste of a 2nd round pick.

The Bear trade has been this management team's biggest win so far and I would easily overturn to make the previous two happen.

The fact the Canucks didn't get Marino at that price seriously made me furious. I had Boeser/Garland/Miller going for him. It made perfect sense and he was the perfect player to add to this team. I genuinely don't want to believe that the people running our organization are that incompetent but I'm not sure what other explanation there is. Maybe the Penguins organization has Rutherford blacklisted for leaving and that reported package is nonsense.

Also, the Miller extension was crazy. At the time I took I was willing to believe that they were committing to winning with this core, an idea I actually could get behind. However, Horvat needed to be signed as the true leader of the team for that to happen. I believed that once they signed Miller that they pretty much had Horvat done but they were waiting until training camp to announce it as a big morale boost for the season. Once the puck dropped for game 1 I knew management had severely hurt the organization. Those two things have hurt me as a fan more than I'd like to admit.

It's crazy that the organization might actually be in a worse position moving forward than they were when JR first took over.
    Tintin a aimé ceci.
    6 déc. 2022 à 15 h 23
    VAN
    Rejoint: janv. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,873
    Stop it. This hurts. Just glad you left out OEL/Garland or the it would be a real tear jerker.
    Canucks33 a aimé ceci.
    6 déc. 2022 à 16 h 15
    Quoting: Canucks33
    The Bear trade has been this management team's biggest win so far and I would easily overturn to make the previous two happen.

The fact the Canucks didn't get Marino at that price seriously made me furious. I had Boeser/Garland/Miller going for him. It made perfect sense and he was the perfect player to add to this team. I genuinely don't want to believe that the people running our organization are that incompetent but I'm not sure what other explanation there is. Maybe the Penguins organization has Rutherford blacklisted for leaving and that reported package is nonsense.

Also, the Miller extension was crazy. At the time I took I was willing to believe that they were committing to winning with this core, an idea I actually could get behind. However, Horvat needed to be signed as the true leader of the team for that to happen. I believed that once they signed Miller that they pretty much had Horvat done but they were waiting until training camp to announce it as a big morale boost for the season. Once the puck dropped for game 1 I knew management had severely hurt the organization. Those two things have hurt me as a fan more than I'd like to admit.

It's crazy that the organization might actually be in a worse position moving forward than they were when JR first took over.

I’ve been feeling the same way honestly. They really did nothing to improve the team at all and just stuck with it which to me in a way made sense cause the team went on a tear for a bit and almost made the playoffs but they just didn’t have enough in them. There was some decent moves made and some that sort of worked out in Vancouvers favour like with the Dakota Joshua, Curtis Lazar, Nils Aman signings which became our 4th line. So building that 4th line they did a good job of. Signing a stud like Mikheyev and singing Kuzmenko also felt like a step in the right direction but the problem is, was they did not figure out their plan with Garland and Boeser and just having too many offensive minded players but not enough defensive type of players. I honestly still like the Miller signing. It may not be loved now but he’s been producing points more recently to make up for the slump in the beginning of the season. Just hoping Bo gets an extension soon. Players that I’d think would be moved this year would be Boeser, Garland, Pearson(hopefully), and perhaps Myers. And then also best offer for Schenn cause he’ll probably just end up coming back to Vancouver lol.
    6 déc. 2022 à 16 h 17
    Quoting: Prime_Jimbo
    Stop it. This hurts. Just glad you left out OEL/Garland or the it would be a real tear jerker.

The thing I hated about that is I wanted Vancouver to draft Guenther so bad cause he just felt like the right kind of fit for both Petey and Bo. And look at who Arizona took with that pick…
    Prime_Jimbo a aimé ceci.
    6 déc. 2022 à 18 h 45
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: déc. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,075
    Quoting: BestGMBenning
    I’ve been feeling the same way honestly. They really did nothing to improve the team at all and just stuck with it which to me in a way made sense cause the team went on a tear for a bit and almost made the playoffs but they just didn’t have enough in them. There was some decent moves made and some that sort of worked out in Vancouvers favour like with the Dakota Joshua, Curtis Lazar, Nils Aman signings which became our 4th line. So building that 4th line they did a good job of. Signing a stud like Mikheyev and singing Kuzmenko also felt like a step in the right direction but the problem is, was they did not figure out their plan with Garland and Boeser and just having too many offensive minded players but not enough defensive type of players. I honestly still like the Miller signing. It may not be loved now but he’s been producing points more recently to make up for the slump in the beginning of the season. Just hoping Bo gets an extension soon. Players that I’d think would be moved this year would be Boeser, Garland, Pearson(hopefully), and perhaps Myers. And then also best offer for Schenn cause he’ll probably just end up coming back to Vancouver lol.

I agree in a sense that Miller didn't deserve that level of bashing at the start of the year. He did look terrible but after being our MVP last year he deserved some leeway. Now he's producing and is one of our offensive drivers again even if its as a winger instead of a play-driving center. However, that's never been the biggest issue with Miller. The biggest concern has always been his attitude and effect on the locker room. He was a nuclear red flag during the Bubble year and now he's definitely playing at a lower pace than last year. That's something that could have been predicted, ie. mailing it in after securing the bag. There's still a lot of time left and he could hit another level for a stretch or for the Playoffs, but it's a terrible look right now. Again, I wasn't necessarily against the idea of re-signing Miller, but there's absolutely no way I would have re-signed him without re-signing Horvat first as the true leader for this core moving forward. If we could only keep one, I would've kept Horvat.
    BestGMBenning a aimé ceci.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage