SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #6: No More Summer of Dorion

5 déc. 2022 à 3 h 2
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,027
Quoting: Juiceman
If they want to get more value then they could. Anderson is not worth his contract. It is a cap strapped league right now. I doubt teams would have any incentive to waste money and assets for a guy like Anderson who will make them only marginally better

I don't think MTL would retain on Anderson, but they could definitely take a bad contract back. Could see them take one of Foegele or Puljujarvi.

But i don't see MTL doing all that for less than a 1st.
5 déc. 2022 à 6 h 48
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Quoting: justaBoss
Cuz gms care about what kind of players they're bringing in, and history matters there quite a lot. Especially if they plan to keep the guy long-term.

That being said, I think Monahan stays in MTL. But for the life of me I can't see a scenario where Habs net a first for first taking him in, and another for moving him out. Sounds WAY too fantasy world sh*t for me.

Thank God we had Bergevin as GM (for the purpose of this conversation) because he was king of these type if trades.

January 2nd 2020
Montreal Acquires Scandella for 2020 4th

February 18th 2020
Montreal Trades Scandella for 2020 2nd + 2021 4th

January 3rd 2020
Montreal signs Kovalchuk at league minimum

February 28th 2020
Montreal Trades Kovalchuk for 2020 3rd (could've got 2nd but Montreal let Kovalchuk choose where he goes)

You could even say Weise (waivers) + Fleishman (FA signing) for 2nd + Danault.

Truth is there was a lot of risk to the Monahan trade. Not every teams owner is willing to spend $6.3 Million for a 1st round pick on top of having the salary space to do it. Montreal took a huge risk and it paid off
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 6 h 58
WentWughes
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
"Former" A team wont pay for him because hes a "Former" PPG player especially with his injury history. Im a fan of Monahan and think he might be able to net a first but thats max with the way the TDL market is.

The fact that you say "former PPG" just goes to show that even you know that he is nothing like what he used to be. Just because he was good like 4 years ago doesn't mean he is that same player now.
FadalPQWAAIeesR.jpg:large

Guess you're forgetting the part where he was so injured he needed double hip surgery. He was on 0 hips doing this. He's showed he capable of being a very good player again this year. Night and day difference between this year and last.
5 déc. 2022 à 7 h 2
WentWughes
Modifié 5 déc. 2022 à 7 h 55
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Dude, first one you say is don't bring up the past.
But then to prove your argument you add that he was a former ppg player IN THE PAST.
Can't cherry pick facts. Its a 2 way street

Yeah you're right about talking about the past. I will say i think Monahan is different because he was playing without Hips after those PPG seasons but i shouldnt factor that. Doesn't change the fact he's still on pace for 53 points and is capable of playing all special teams on top of previously being a Captain
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 8 h 6
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: Db1899
Price keeps going up for Dylan Cozens. 24 pts in 25 games. Him and Jack Quinn have the potential to be an elite duo. Quinn has 5 goals in his last 6 games

That line over the last 2 weeks has been the best at 5v5 for expected goals per 60. No doubt the sabres have found the young kids games. Quinn - Cozens - Peterka will be a fun line to watch for a while to come! All three of those players are Elite.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 8 h 40
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,165
Would you give Kuemper a vezina vote
5 déc. 2022 à 8 h 42
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,708
Quoting: capsfan2121

He needs to choose between carrying the Caps and giving up the softest goals of all time first
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 8 h 56
Quoting: capsfan2121

my top 3 is Ullmark, Helly and Sorokin. Hart and Samsonov? as my 4th and 5th. Samsonov only if he continues as he is playing now.
capsfan2121 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 8 h 57
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
my top 3 is Ullmark, Helly and Sorokin. Hart and Samsonov? as my 4th and 5th. Samsonov only if he continues as he is playing now.

I would put Kuemper over Hart but Hart is carrying hat team so it makes sense
5 déc. 2022 à 9 h 2
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 22

Jackets win, 4-1 over the Winnipeg Jets.

-Our long home stand comes to an end. Let’s hope we keep up this recent bit of form. It would be a real shame if we just started sucking out of the blue.

-Welcome back to the lineup, Patrik Laine!! That’s one more step towards being fully healthy! Just don’t hurt yourself immediately again.

-Not a good start. We’re getting dominated in possession numbers to start, and now Liam Foudy gets sent off for holding. Let’s kill this off and get going.

-Thankfully, it is killed off. And we’re starting to attack more.

-WELCOME BACK TO THE SCORE SHEET, PATRIK LAINE! Patty catches “Big Save Dave” Rittich overcommitting to one side. We’re up 1-0 early. That’s a thousand dollars for the homeless!

-Not too long after the Laine goal, Erik Gudbranson takes a shot that Rittich blocks, but it rebounds off of Pierre-Luc Dubois’s skate and behind Big Save Dave. Lol.

-Jansen Harkins goes to the box for delay of game. The MTS Centre didn’t like that one, but luckily for them we don’t do anything with it.

-Gavin Bayreuther absolutely RAILROADS former Blue Jacket Sam Gagner, and the entire Jets roster descends on him to kick his *ss. Gavin’s off for interference. Finally, a call I can agree with.

-First period was great. Any period where we end up leading 2-0 is good. Thank you for starting Rittich over Hellebuyck tonight, Bowness.

-THAT’S TWO! Patrik Laine comes back swinging with two goals in his return! It’s 3-0 now!

-Not much else happens before Johnny gives Gus a perfect pass to beat Rittich again. This is getting ugly now, but I don’t wanna stop watching. It’s really cathartic to see us on the winning end of this for once.

-Patrik Laine interferes with Neal Pionk, but we kill that penalty off.

-Guddy gets sent off for DoG, and I don’t even remember that penalty. They didn’t do anything with it, obviously.

-Jansen Harkins cross-checks Carson Meyer, but we don’t get that whole power play anyways, because Gus trips Josh Morrissey.

-The Jets empty the net, and we try to score twice from way out, and miss both times. Is it really that hard?

-AND THEN WE GIVE UP A GOAL. TO PIERRE-LUC DUBOIS. The shutout is over, with 5 minutes left. At least we lasted this long?

-HOW MANY TIMES ARE WE GOING TO MISS THE NET? IT’S EMPTY!! Please, guys, PLEASE…

-We hold on to win handly. No real complaints. Hopefully we can go back home and get some revenge on that Wings team that embarrassed us a few weeks ago.
5 déc. 2022 à 9 h 3
cautious optimism
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 23

Jackets lose, 4-2 to the Detroit Red Wings.

-This is the same Wings team that embarrassed us not too long ago. Time to get revenge.

-This should be the point where the new RRs begin to grow on me, but they’re just not. They’re just… BAD. I don’t like them.

-We’ve had a couple of turnovers in the offensive zone, but Ville Husso shuts them down.

-A defensive zone turnover gives the Wings a good chance, and a Jonatan Berggren shot gets deflected behind Korpi by Austin Czarnik. Looks to be a repeat of last time…

-Patty and Boone find themselves on a 2-on-1, but we mess it up because of course we do.

-I don’t get it: Ville Husso has looked human against every other team, but AS SOON AS HE STEPS INTO NATIONWIDE ARENA, HE BECOMES DOMINIK F*CKING HASEK. This sounds calloused as f*ck, but at what point do we get the novel idea of crashing the net and taking him out of action? Perhaps Alex Nedeljkovic would be better for my blood pressure…

-Laine throws the puck towards the net, Boone is right there to get a rebound, but again, Ville Brodeur pulls a rabbit out of his *ss. For the love of Christ, GET THAT BISCUIT IN!

-Joe Veleno gets a break, but Silli stops it with a tap to the hands, which is somehow hooking. There was no hook. I hate the enforcement of hooking.

-Dominik “Future Free Agency Mistake” Kubalik scores a PPG on a power play that shouldn’t have happened.

-ANOTHER HOOKING PENALTY, ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. In the words of Jay-Z, “I don’t respect the f*cking referees.”

-Eric Robinson gets tripped on a rush, but they don’t call it because OF F*CKING COURSE THEY DON’T.

-We kill it off, and after the penalty the refs miss a trip and goalie interference. I DON’T RESPECT THE F*CKING REFEREES.

-Not too long after the second period starts, Gavin Bayreuther gets sent off for holding. I completely missed it because I was on the phone with my dad, but if the last two penalties are anything to go by, it probably wasn’t holding in the slightest.

-Not even a minute into that PK, and Rosie trips Dylan Larkin. Okay, that was a genuine trip. Finally, a penalty I can’t complain about!

-A 3-on-1 for us, but Husso shuts it down again. Man is standing on his head with his eyes closed.

-Hey, we finally get a power play! Oskar Sundqvist almost kills Rosie on a hold. I guess that’s what it takes to get a penalty these days…

-FINALLY, VILLE HUSSO PROVES THAT HE’S HUMAN. MARCUS BJORK SCORES HIS FIRST GOAL AT HOME. WE’RE BACK TO WITHIN TWO.

-David Perron gets sent off for stick-holding. Very obviously an accident, but he still did it.

-That penalty doesn’t lead to a goal, but after the PP ends, a scramble in front of the net leads to a Kent Johnson goal! We’re back to within one!

-Dylan Larkin puts the puck in the back of the net, but it was determined offsides via coach’s challenge. We actually won a challenge. It’s a goddamn miracle…

-…But then we give up a legitimate goal. Andrew Copp beats Korpi over his shoulder. Not much daylight there, I’m surprised he made that.

-Second verse, same as the first: We’ve had a couple of turnovers in the offensive zone, but Ville Husso shuts them down. It make-a no sense!

-Yegor catches Joe Veleno on his stick. Let’s kill this off.

-We killed it off, and even got a power play of our own, but couldn’t capitalize. Although we lost, i can’t complain. We did get a few penalties I didn’t agree with, and that hampered us, but our play this time was SO MUCH BETTER than last time we played Detroit. Good progress.
5 déc. 2022 à 9 h 38
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Looking at advanced numbers both were great players, but Lehky was a career middle 6 defensive forward. Got a former 1st + 2nd.

Kulak was a career 3rd pairing defender that got a 2nd.

Monahan is a former PPG forward, a very good faceoff taker who will easily get a 1st +

Former PPG forward… what does that have to do with anything? Weren’t you the one who just told us all to forget that Monahan was dumped mere months ago because it’s in the past?

If Hughes manages to get a first for Monahan, give him GM of the year. That’s a ton for a guy who’s trade value was the negative value of a first round pick in the summer.
Juiceman, Devil, justaBoss and 2 others a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 10 h 21
cautious optimism

THE MAN
THE MYTH
THE MARCHY
A_Habs_fan et zk97 a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 10 h 21
WentWughes
Quoting: Saskleaf
Former PPG forward… what does that have to do with anything? Weren’t you the one who just told us all to forget that Monahan was dumped mere months ago because it’s in the past?

If Hughes manages to get a first for Monahan, give him GM of the year. That’s a ton for a guy who’s trade value was the negative value of a first round pick in the summer.

I mentioned it in a previous comment, but I mentioned his previous seasons because he's 28 and he had those bad seasons due to injury (not because of regression).

Even if you don't that into account, he's a 2ne line center. When was the last time a 2nd line center got less than a 1st +?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 10 h 27
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: Saskleaf

Monahan has currently 16 points in 24 games and has bounced back incredibly well, there are still health concerns but if he can stay healthy and play like he has, I’d say Monahan’s value is a 2nd + another small asset, that said, if the market is high enough for him, the price may upgrade to a 1st
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 10 h 49
WentWughes
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Monahan has currently 16 points in 24 games and has bounced back incredibly well, there are still health concerns but if he can stay healthy and play like he has, I’d say Monahan’s value is a 2nd + another small asset, that said, if the market is high enough for him, the price may upgrade to a 1st

Don't think it's worth trading him if all we can get is a 2nd
5 déc. 2022 à 11 h 0
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Thank God we had Bergevin as GM (for the purpose of this conversation) because he was king of these type if trades.

January 2nd 2020
Montreal Acquires Scandella for 2020 4th

February 18th 2020
Montreal Trades Scandella for 2020 2nd + 2021 4th

January 3rd 2020
Montreal signs Kovalchuk at league minimum

February 28th 2020
Montreal Trades Kovalchuk for 2020 3rd (could've got 2nd but Montreal let Kovalchuk choose where he goes)

You could even say Weise (waivers) + Fleishman (FA signing) for 2nd + Danault.

Truth is there was a lot of risk to the Monahan trade. Not every teams owner is willing to spend $6.3 Million for a 1st round pick on top of having the salary space to do it. Montreal took a huge risk and it paid off

Well, fwiw Bergevin is no longer in there. And as for Monahan trade bringing such return, I still don't see it. I agree it'll likely pay off to some extent, but the idea of "easily getting a first" is imo just pushing it.

I still think that should there be a deal in place for Monahan, it'll be a one with a few conditional picks, or a singular pick with multiple conditions.

This year has been very exceptional in terms of trades, due to GMs favoring cap space much, much more than they've done in the past.
KSIxSKULLS, capsfan2121, Tintin and 2 others a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 11 h 3
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Don't think it's worth trading him if all we can get is a 2nd

He is an expiring UFA. If you can get even a seventh, you trade him
5 déc. 2022 à 11 h 4
WentWughes

If you don't get a 1st+ you resign him obviously
5 déc. 2022 à 11 h 7
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293

Lol, heck no, Monahan has played so good apparently we’re now considering resigning him instead of letting him go like planned, so, we’re not going to move him for less than decent value
zk97 a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 11 h 7
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
If you don't get a 1st+ you resign him obviously

Teams would have to be super desperate after missing out on Horvat and Kane if they are willing to give up a first for a guy who hasn’t been good in 4 year. His production right now is OK. Even now he is producing like a low end second line center
justaBoss et oilersguy a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 11 h 23
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448

Supposedly that logic applies to Horvat as well?
A_Habs_fan, Tintin, BuFfaLOFaN and 6 others a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 11 h 28
me wan da poonani
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,243

yikes

i mean if that's all you can get, then you resign him
habs should be able to get him on a pretty good deal if they went that route (2 years x 4m maybe)
A_Habs_fan, justaBoss, SevenLeg and 3 others a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 11 h 39
Statistically the sabres this year are 8th on money pucks power ranking. the reason the sabres suck...league worst goaltending. Hopefully they keep the Sabres keep UPL up because Comrie isn't any better we just need him to become comfortable.
5 déc. 2022 à 11 h 52
Tintin over 1122
The capitals are 10-1-1 this season when they score three or more goals. they are 0-11-3 when they score two or fewer.
ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage