SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #6: No More Summer of Dorion

4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 26
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,682
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Why are we looking at his history if it's behind him? Of course we have to get to the TD with no issues first, but if he gets there, nobody should be concerned about his history for a single playoff run.

Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Looking at advanced numbers both were great players, but Lehky was a career middle 6 defensive forward. Got a former 1st + 2nd.

Kulak was a career 3rd pairing defender that got a 2nd.

Monahan is a former PPG forward, a very good faceoff taker who will easily get a 1st +

Dude, first one you say is don't bring up the past.
But then to prove your argument you add that he was a former ppg player IN THE PAST.
Can't cherry pick facts. Its a 2 way street
justaBoss, ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR, oilersguy and 6 others a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 27
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,682
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
So who's value shall we argue about tomorrow?

Carter Hart smile
Habs can use him
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 28
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448

Josh Anderson
oilersguy, ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR, Db1899 and 10 others a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 30
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991

lol, don't force it, it is best when these things happen naturally

but my vote would be for Josh Anderson
ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR, Juiceman, capsfan2121 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 33
Alex Bump Truther
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,572
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Carter Hart smile
Habs can use him

Respectfully Edit this post and pick someone else
zk97 et DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 58
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: Juiceman
I'd imagine Horvat and Kane are still the top candidates given their situation. Also, his playoff production isn't exactly eye popping

True, but he hasn't been in the playoffs for a couple seasons and he's at the top of his game now. I think he'll bring a bigger return than Kane for teams looking for a Winger.
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 59
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Oh boy. I'll go find some of the lost Habs fans in ACGM to try to argue with you. Just remember to not bring up any stats because stats are bad for hockey and they don't show the qualities of the players
4 déc. 2022 à 23 h 59
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Dude, first one you say is don't bring up the past.
But then to prove your argument you add that he was a former ppg player IN THE PAST.
Can't cherry pick facts. Its a 2 way street

A reasonable and rational comment by DOM? Is it finally time for your character arc?
5 déc. 2022 à 0 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Brock Boeser for Dante Fabbro just makes so much sense

Yes Nashville will have to add but Fabbro is a young defensive Dman and is exactly what Van needs
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 0 h 11
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Quoting: aadoyle
Brock Boeser for Dante Fabbro just makes so much sense

Yes Nashville will have to add but Fabbro is a young defensive Dman and is exactly what Van needs

Boeser should get around what Bjorkstrand got as a return
5 déc. 2022 à 0 h 14
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Quoting: Devil
Boeser should get around what Bjorkstrand got as a return

But hes not a cap dump. Bjorkstrand was sold low as Columbus had no cap space and I believe needed to sign someone else. Van doesnt have that problem rn
5 déc. 2022 à 0 h 17
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Quoting: aadoyle
But hes not a cap dump. Bjorkstrand was sold low as Columbus had no cap space and I believe needed to sign someone else. Van doesnt have that problem rn

Bjorkstrand was also better than Boeser

If they trade him rn, that's what they should get (I doubt he'll get traded now though)
5 déc. 2022 à 1 h 8
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Last 18 games for Jason Robertson

21 goals

13 assists

34 points

Most points during November (ironically, 2nd was Jamie Benn tied with McDavid).

Best winger in the league rock on

Probably getting tiresome for non-Dallas fans at this point but WHO F*CKING CARES LETS GOOOOO
BuFfaLOFaN, zk97, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 1 h 9
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Devil
Bjorkstrand was also better than Boeser

If they trade him rn, that's what they should get (I doubt he'll get traded now though)

At the end of the day they are not good comparables. Different players, different cap situations.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2022 à 1 h 16
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,027
Oh boy. I'll go find some of the lost Habs fans in ACGM to try to argue with you. Just remember to not bring up any stats because stats are bad for hockey and they don't show the qualities of the players

Again putting words in my mouth. All i said is advanced stats doesn't show everything. You're now pretending i said stats are bad for hockey.

All that after i just told you 1 hour ago to stop making up stuff i didn't say. Lying to make yourself right doesn't actually makes you right...
5 déc. 2022 à 1 h 17
Ex Nucks fan
Ad
Quoting: LIRIK
Again putting words in my mouth. All i said is advanced stats doesn't show everything. You're now pretending i said stats are bad for hockey.

All that after i just told you 1 hour ago to stop making up stuff i didn't say. Lying to make yourself right doesn't actually makes you right...

You do realize that there is an advanced stats for just about everything right? Lying to yourself doesn't make you right. How ironic. Still lying to yourself by saying that Anderson is good despite literally every piece of evidence going against that? @Db1899
5 déc. 2022 à 1 h 17
Ex Nucks fan

Mad that I can actually back up my statements? All you have said to back up your argument is "advanced stats don't tell the whole story"
5 déc. 2022 à 1 h 24
Ex Nucks fan

Hey bud, I just checked, Josh Anderson only has 43 hits this season. He is not even top 100 in the league in hits. He is tied with Tim Stutzle in hits. So much for Mr physical
5 déc. 2022 à 1 h 29
Ad

You do realize that there is an advanced stats for just about everything right? Lying to yourself doesn't make you right. How ironic. Still lying to yourself by saying that Anderson is good despite literally every piece of evidence going against that?

All i said is Anderson was on pace for 25 goals on most of his seasons, could score 25+ with good players and the right fit, and he's good at some things that are not taken into consideration when looking at advanced stats.

I even said he was bad at a lot of things. Stop pretending i'm saying he's a very good player. He's not.

Your point is Anderson is a terrible player on a terrible contract. I think he's a 2nd liner making 2nd liner money.
5 déc. 2022 à 1 h 37
Hey bud, I just checked, Josh Anderson only has 43 hits this season. He is not even top 100 in the league in hits. He is tied with Tim Stutzle in hits. So much for Mr physical

Anderson had 139 hits in 52 games in 20-21, and 153 in 69 games in 21-22.

But even without looking at his stats, do you really think Anderson is not a physical player?

Comment like that show you're just hating on Habs players. You should at least agree to the few strength Anderson bring as a player. He's not as bad as you say.
5 déc. 2022 à 1 h 39
Ex Nucks fan
Anderson had 139 hits in 52 games in 20-21, and 153 in 69 games in 21-22.

But even without looking at his stats, do you really think Anderson is not a physical player?

Comment like that show you're just hating on Habs players value. You should at least agree to the few strength Anderson bring as a player. He's not as bad as you say.

Seeing as how he isn't top 100 in hits this season, if physicality is his best attribute, I'm not too convinced that he is very good. I have looked at a wide range of stats and very few indicate that Anderson is anything more than a mediocre third liner
5 déc. 2022 à 2 h 30
Seeing as how he isn't top 100 in hits this season, if physicality is his best attribute, I'm not too convinced that he is very good. I have looked at a wide range of stats and very few indicate that Anderson is anything more than a mediocre third liner

If he is only a mediocre third liner, and isn't a physical player anymore because he only got 43 hits this season, what kind of return do you think MTL get for him?
5 déc. 2022 à 2 h 32
Ex Nucks fan
If he is only a mediocre third liner, and isn't a physical player anymore because he only got 43 hits this season, what kind of return do you think MTL get for him?

No more than a late second round pick. He isn't worth his contract. If he only had 1 year left on his contract then he would have more value. Why would a contender waste 5.5 million on Anderson for the next 5 years? Not logical
5 déc. 2022 à 2 h 33
No more than a late second round pick. He isn't worth his contract. If he only had 1 year left on his contract then he would have more value. Why would a contender waste 5.5 million on Anderson for the next 5 years? Not logical

I guess MTL would also have to retain half his salary to get that late 2nd?
5 déc. 2022 à 2 h 51
Ex Nucks fan
I guess MTL would also have to retain half his salary to get that late 2nd?

If they want to get more value then they could. Anderson is not worth his contract. It is a cap strapped league right now. I doubt teams would have any incentive to waste money and assets for a guy like Anderson who will make them only marginally better

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage