Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #6: No More Summer of Dorion

4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 13
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
I agree.
Monohan isn't a real need for Edmonton, teams like Colorado, Carolina, and Toronto would need him more.
Although, he can probably fetch something like a 1st + 3rd or Bourgault type of package with the way he's playing.
As for the Oilers, with McDavid, Draisaitl, Holloway etc, Bourgault is expendable, so, I can see them moving him for someone, maybe something like him + kulak + + for someone like Chychrun

A first and third or Bourgault for Monahan? That is arguably more than what Andrew Copp and Claude Giroux got. Monahan just got dumped for a first round pick, can't expect him to be that valuable. A first and top prospect will go for guys like Kane and Horvat. Not guys like Monahan.

Edit: Just curious to what you think Bo Horvat is worth. He has more goals than Monahan has points this season
justaBoss, NoVaSpartan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 19
Ex Nucks fan
Habs fans are certainly something...

One guy is arguing that Josh Anderson is good and that advanced stats "don't consider Anderson's strengths". Proceeds to say that advanced stats aren't good for hockey because they don't follow their narrative
Db1899, justaBoss et Tintin a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 21
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,683
Quoting: Juiceman
A first and third or Bourgault for Monahan? That is arguably more than what Andrew Copp and Claude Giroux got. Monahan just got dumped for a first round pick, can't expect him to be that valuable. A first and top prospect will go for guys like Kane and Horvat. Not guys like Monahan.

Edit: Just curious to what you think Bo Horvat is worth. He has more goals than Monahan has points this season

Did you read it wrong? It's a 1st + 3rd OR Bourgault. First, Monohan has been playing better than copp was last year, plus copp got a 1st and a 2nd, like dude, that's more than 1st and 3rd or Bourgault.
On Giroux, he forced Philly to send him to Florida, thus they didn't have much leverage to ask for much, if he didn't have a NTC, I would've expected he could've fetched more than double than what he got.
Now, the notion that Monohan got dumped with a 1st, therefore making him not worth much is totally false. He got dumped w/ that because
A. They were in a tight cap situation, and needed Kadri, before he signed elsewhere
B. He was injured so he wasn't playing well.
Imo he might only have costed a 2nd or 3rd and 4th to dump if it wasn't such a dire situation
Based on that clueless part of the comment, I'd assume you haven't watched monohan this year, nor have checked his stats, as, if you look at either and especially both, you'd realize he is playing like a 1B center this year. He's been amazing defensively too.
Once again I'm not saying 1st and Bourgault, I am saying one or the other, and with how he's playing with 50 % retention, no doubt he's worth that.
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 34
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
I agree.
Monohan isn't a real need for Edmonton, teams like Colorado, Carolina, and Toronto would need him more.
Although, he can probably fetch something like a 1st + 3rd or Bourgault type of package with the way he's playing.
As for the Oilers, with McDavid, Draisaitl, Holloway etc, Bourgault is expendable, so, I can see them moving him for someone, maybe something like him + kulak + + for someone like Chychrun

I wouldn't say Bourgault is entirely expendable, he is a RW and when JP or Yamo is traded he could fit in for them on the right side, but yes he is defiantly the Oilers biggest trade asset
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 35
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,091
Price keeps going up for Dylan Cozens. 24 pts in 25 games. Him and Jack Quinn have the potential to be an elite duo. Quinn has 5 goals in his last 6 games
BuFfaLOFaN et zk97 a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 37
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,268

One situation has nothing to do with the other. He's a 50+ PT Center on an expiring deal who has leadership qualities. He will easily get a 1st + if he were to get traded.
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 39
I make typos
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
One situation has nothing to do with the other. He's a 50+ PT Center on an expiring deal who has leadership qualities. He will easily get a 1st + if he were to get traded.

easily is a very very strong word
BigBallsBriere, justaBoss, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 42
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,632

Savage respond to a savage player
oilersguy, zk97 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 42
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: pinslack

Savage respond to a savage player

Andres is not happytoseeyou
EsoYeezus69, justaBoss, Tintin and 2 others a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 43
Ex Nucks fan

So what would you value a far superior player like Bo Horvat who is having a career year and has more goals than Monahan has points?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 51
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: oilersguy
I wouldn't say Bourgault is entirely expendable, he is a RW and when JP or Yamo is traded he could fit in for them on the right side, but yes he is defiantly the Oilers biggest trade asset

He's not a natural center ?
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 52
v5 Minnesota GM
So what would you value a far superior player like Bo Horvat who is having a career year and has more goals than Monahan has points?

Probably like 1st + Bourgault + something else
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 53
I make typos
He's not a natural center ?

every minute he has spent in the AHL has been at RW and the Oilers don't need to him to be a center
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 53
Ex Nucks fan
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/656507?post_id=3711272

Habs fans at their finest
4 déc. 2022 à 21 h 54
Ex Nucks fan
Probably like 1st + Bourgault + something else

So you value Monahan at 1st + Bourgault and value Horvat as 1st + Bourgault +something else. You seriously think the difference between Horvat and Monahan is just a third minor piece??? Yikes
oilersguy et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 22 h 3
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,588
Modifié 4 déc. 2022 à 22 h 9

Any rental is basically capped out at a specific market price. Monahan will only get a first if there is a market, which means he has to be consistent + Stay healthy which he has struggled to do in past years. A safe bet IMO is a 2nd + =or Smaller asset.

Players like Kane, Horvat typically go for bargains at the deadline because Teams arent willing to spend a fair amount of assets at the deadline for a Rental. If the Far superior players value is already low at the deadline that makes Monahans value lower.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 22 h 13
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449

I seriously doubt that...but we'll see.
zk97 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 22 h 14
What in tarnation
So you value Monahan at 1st + Bourgault and value Horvat as 1st + Bourgault +something else. You seriously think the difference between Horvat and Monahan is just a third minor piece??? Yikes

He didn't say Monahan = Bourgault + 1st.

He said Monahan = Bourgault or a 1st.

I disagree with both notions personally.
BigBallsBriere, DucharmetheDOMinator, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 22 h 17
What in tarnation
I'm starting to believe that Bowness hockey potentially ate up to 25-35 points from our top line guys last year. Hintz could've been a 90 point guy already last year, Pavelski a 100 point guy and Robo at 110. I don't think they've taken that many steps forward, but rather they're no longer shackled in any way.
zk97, NoVaSpartan et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 22 h 17
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: justaBoss
He didn't say Monahan = Bourgault + 1st.

He said Monahan = Bourgault or a 1st.

I disagree with both notions personally.

He said 1st + 3rd or Bourgault type package. I don't know if the or means remove the first, but either way, the difference between Monahan and Horvat is astronomically larger than that
4 déc. 2022 à 22 h 21
What in tarnation
He said 1st + 3rd or Bourgault type package. I don't know if the or means remove the first, but either way, the difference between Monahan and Horvat is astronomically larger than that

I think he meant to remove the first. But imo this is a classic example of a Habs fan overvaluation. GMs league wide know under what circumstances Monahan went to Habs, they surely aren't suddenly forgetting it all by the deadline and spending like crazy for him.

A player like him with a tad concerning history in injuries, as well as an outcast from a perceiced top contender, is likely gonna be traded in a deal at the deadline that has a myriad of conditional picks in it. Straight 1st rounder? No, I don't see it. Who knows. I didn't see that happen with Chiarot but it's hard to predict the inept.
Juiceman, DucharmetheDOMinator, Tintin and 3 others a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 22 h 26
Respect Mike Grier
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,588
Quoting: justaBoss
I think he meant to remove the first. But imo this is a classic example of a Habs fan overvaluation. GMs league wide know under what circumstances Monahan went to Habs, they surely aren't suddenly forgetting it all by the deadline and spending like crazy for him.

A player like him with a tad concerning history in injuries, as well as an outcast from a perceiced top contender, is likely gonna be traded in a deal at the deadline that has a myriad of conditional picks in it. Straight 1st rounder? No, I don't see it. Who knows. I didn't see that happen with Chiarot but it's hard to predict the inept.

Common W Take
justaBoss, DucharmetheDOMinator, Tintin and 3 others a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 22 h 30
I make typos
I find it kinda funny that well Bouragult name keeps coming up on here he score a goal in the AHL, now has 10 points in 18 games
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 22 h 33
v5 Minnesota GM

Holy Sh*t, you are so frustrating
do you know the difference between 1st + 3rd OR bourgault. Meaning 1st and 3rd for Monohan or, Bourgault for Monahan.
I've said this twice already
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 déc. 2022 à 22 h 34
I make typos
Quoting: oilersguy
I find it kinda funny that well Bouragult name keeps coming up on here he score a goal in the AHL, now has 10 points in 18 games

lol, just scored another one

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage