Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $78 961 246 $212 500 $0 $3 538 754 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 2
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
0 $0 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
3 187 500 $3 187 500 $
C, AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
827 500 $827 500 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 1
840 630 $840 630 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 8
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 2
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Logo de Capitals de Washington
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
29 nov. 2022 à 2 h 36
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,027
Fair offer for Monahan if he keeps playing well. I think Toronto should go for Edmundson instead.
jonh514 et Just_A_Guess a aimé ceci.
29 nov. 2022 à 5 h 51
HuGo is a Boss GM
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,881
I like the Monahan deal!
Just_A_Guess a aimé ceci.
29 nov. 2022 à 7 h 34
Kster
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 359
Why would Leafs do any of this?
Jensen maybe but d corps looking great right now, with reilly & Brodie still to return
Monaghan gets a 2023 1st tears of joy . Wake me up when we go go ; outlandishly ridiculous . For that price, we target much better players.
Meier is legit, but not at that price + we can’t pay him next year so no deal.
Saskleaf et palhal a aimé ceci.
29 nov. 2022 à 7 h 39
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,170
Quoting: kster34
Jensen maybe but d corps looking great right now, with reilly & Brodie still to return
Monaghan gets a 2023 1st tears of joy . Wake me up when we go go ; outlandishly ridiculous . For that price, we target much better players.

Enough of the trolling, Monahan gets a first.
29 nov. 2022 à 7 h 41
Kster
tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy
29 nov. 2022 à 8 h 34
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
Quoting: Just_A_Guess

He's on pace for 54 points, no one thought Kerfoot was bringing in a 1st last off-season. There's of course going to be a TDL premium but there may be many guys available.

If Hughes manages to get a 1st or conditional 1st that would be some fine work by him, especially if Horvat, Kane, Meier, Toews, and Klingberg all end up on the move.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
29 nov. 2022 à 8 h 46
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152

He got traded along with a first as a dump mere months ago lol. His play hasn’t been good enough to earn him a first, especially with his cap hit (even at 50% retention) and the fact that he was dumped along with a first recently.
29 nov. 2022 à 8 h 47
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 451
HABS are not sending back a 4th rd pick
29 nov. 2022 à 9 h 14
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,708
Got to pay up more with Jensen, especially with retention. He'll get a first without much issue, whether it be from Toronto or not.
29 nov. 2022 à 9 h 22
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
Though Jensen would nice, right now all the Leafs Dmen look good. Someone might offer more Caps more than what was proposed here.
Monahan certainly might get a good return for the Habs. But the Leafs really don't need centres right now. Just the wrong fit.
Yeah Meirer would be a good addiition, but trading all those futures for a guy the Leafs can't afford to sign next season....too much for any team. Admitting the Leafs could recoup some in a trade.
The proposal is more than what Sens paid for DeBrincat.
29 nov. 2022 à 9 h 41
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 11
Monahan does not get you a first. He has never been a playoff performer or a strong two way center. Kerfoot is better in the situation that we would play either player (3rd line defensively responsible).

As for Jensen?? Not sure if we need him. Does he bring some grit and physicality as well as some puck moving skills, never really seen him play?
29 nov. 2022 à 13 h 39
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 499

Getting Monahan instead of Kerfoot for a 1st is what Toronto needs to do.
Look at TBL and COL; not afraid of using their contender window to swap 1st rounders for players that can help them.
Monahan will get a 1st. Please remember how intensely you reacted to this trade.
Famous last mockery.
29 nov. 2022 à 13 h 46
Kster
Quoting: Fran615
Getting Monahan instead of Kerfoot for a 1st is what Toronto needs to do.
Look at TBL and COL; not afraid of using their contender window to swap 1st rounders for players that can help them.
Monahan will get a 1st. Please remember how intensely you reacted to this trade.
Famous last mockery.

My apologies, I had no idea Fran615 was in favour of this trade. Gimme a break, who are you - howie meeker jr tears of joy . I never said leafs shouldn’t add at tdl, just not Monaghan and definitely not for a 1st. He was just dumped with a 1st after years of playing poorly; he’s started ok but it’s only 20 games. And he’s on a huge ticket and he’s a rental, pending FA. NO chance, imo, he fetches a 1st at tdl but if he does, I hope it’s not the leafs
Fran615 a aimé ceci.
29 nov. 2022 à 13 h 54
My apologies, I had no idea Fran615 was in favour of this trade. Gimme a break, who are you - howie meeker jr tears of joy . I never said leafs shouldn’t add at tdl, just not Monaghan and definitely not for a 1st. He was just dumped with a 1st after years of playing poorly; he’s started ok but it’s only 20 games. And he’s on a huge ticket and he’s a rental, pending FA. NO chance, imo, he fetches a 1st at tdl but if he does, I hope it’s not the leafs

tears of joy

I see your point andd you're right about the LEafs needing to add.
As for Monahan, I honestly 'believe' (removing my Habs-fan bias) that he could fetch a 1st if he keeps playing like the last 3 weeks. We'll see.
With half salary return, and by taking on a bad contract, I truly believe that.

For example, they got a 1st rounder ONLY so a team could get some cap space.
So I could see his value - come TDL, that's important to mention - could very well reach a 1st.

The fact that he was given with a 1st doesn't come into play at TDL negos though, you know that.

But I see your point 100%, I really do.

The thing is, I did warch the last 5 games and I was really impressed by his strong play.

The whole thing relies on... can he keep it up lol tears of joy
kster34 a aimé ceci.
29 nov. 2022 à 13 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Terry_AkiSauce
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,045

Only thing I'll say is that the league is wide open this year, it's an overpayment and you can switch the player or the picks involved but the Leafs need to go all in. A lot of top teams went all-in last year and got worse, imo last year was the first year the Leafs were true contenders and were icing a roster that was fully built by Dubas. Even with Boston's crazy start, I wouldn't be too scared of them in a 7 game series, the east is pretty weak other than that (in comparison to previous years). Then you just have the best Col/Veg
Fran615 a aimé ceci.
29 nov. 2022 à 14 h 1
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,094
The Monahan/Kerfoot trade is just awful. Is the difference between Alex Kerfoot as a 3rd line forward and Sean Monahan as a 3rd line forward actually worth a 2023 1st? I could see Toronto adding a little for the retention on a one-for-one swap of the two, but they're both pending UFAs. I don't see any sort of value for Toronto there - even if you assume they both keep scoring at exactly their current rates (Kerfoot at 0.33 PPG, Monahan at 0.66) you're talking about Monahan contributing an extra 2-3 goals and 3-4 assists over the 20 games Toronto has after the deadline. And I think it's also worth remembering that Monahan started off last season as a solid player (7-12-19 in his first 37 GP, a 0.51 PPG pace) before going 1-3-4 in his last 28 games. Obviously there were injury issues impacting that, but if you think NHL GMs are just going to forget that performance when valuing him this year, I don't know what to tell you.
29 nov. 2022 à 14 h 3
Quoting: Terry_AkiSauce
Only thing I'll say is that the league is wide open this year, it's an overpayment and you can switch the player or the picks involved but the Leafs need to go all in. A lot of top teams went all-in last year and got worse, imo last year was the first year the Leafs were true contenders and were icing a roster that was fully built by Dubas. Even with Boston's crazy start, I wouldn't be too scared of them in a 7 game series, the east is pretty weak other than that (in comparison to previous years). Then you just have the best Col/Veg

Great point. Leafs HAVE TO go all-in with the core they have.
Yes, ideally you don't pay too much, but they have to go all-in.
I still can't believe that Tampa Bay gave 2 1st round picks for Hagel. That's going all-in.
They wanted the player so they went and got it - not caring about the price tag.
And 3 finals in a row.

And yes, that's independent to the actual player - Monahan in this case.
Leafs just have to go all-in and pay whatever price to win with this core.
They are right in the middle of that Cup-contender window, NOW.
29 nov. 2022 à 14 h 6
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
The Monahan/Kerfoot trade is just awful. Is the difference between Alex Kerfoot as a 3rd line forward and Sean Monahan as a 3rd line forward actually worth a 2023 1st? I could see Toronto adding a little for the retention on a one-for-one swap of the two, but they're both pending UFAs. I don't see any sort of value for Toronto there - even if you assume they both keep scoring at exactly their current rates (Kerfoot at 0.33 PPG, Monahan at 0.66) you're talking about Monahan contributing an extra 2-3 goals and 3-4 assists over the 20 games Toronto has after the deadline. And I think it's also worth remembering that Monahan started off last season as a solid player (7-12-19 in his first 37 GP, a 0.51 PPG pace) before going 1-3-4 in his last 28 games. Obviously there were injury issues impacting that, but if you think NHL GMs are just going to forget that performance when valuing him this year, I don't know what to tell you.

I agree that it seems like a high price.
Was Hagel worth 2 1st round picks? Nope.

The real question is: are they LEafs worried about draft picks... or doing everything they can to get the best team IN THE PLAYOFFS (the goal is not to finish high in the regular season, but to win the Cup. Or a round). At one point, Toronto needs to realize that they are right in their contending window, right NOW.

Monahan or another player. Kerfoot is dreadful right now also...
29 nov. 2022 à 14 h 14
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,094
Quoting: Fran615
I agree that it seems like a high price.
Was Hagel worth 2 1st round picks? Nope.

The real question is: are they LEafs worried about draft picks... or doing everything they can to get the best team IN THE PLAYOFFS (the goal is not to finish high in the regular season, but to win the Cup. Or a round). At one point, Toronto needs to realize that they are right in their contending window, right NOW.

Monahan or another player. Kerfoot is dreadful right now also...

I'm not saying the Leafs shouldn't spend their 1st rounder at the deadline this year, I'm saying the idea of trading their first rounder for the incremental upgrade from Alex Kerfoot to Sean Monahan on their 3rd line is just stupid. Kerfoot's a Swiss army knife you can plug in anywhere in the lineup - he kills penalties and he can be a decent playmaker. He's probably slightly overpaid at $3.5M but he's not a cap dump by any stretch of the imagination.

You keep saying that good teams aren't afraid to spend their picks without also realizing that good teams also typically don't subtract from their top 9 at the same time. If they spent their 1st to get another forward that pushed Kerfoot down the lineup, that's building good depth for the playoffs, but swapping out Kerfoot for Monahan leaves them still with the same iffy 4th line and lack of depth forwards if someone gets injured - except now they've got a slightly better 3C and they've lost their 1st rounder this year. Genuinely terrible trade all-around.
Fran615 a aimé ceci.
29 nov. 2022 à 14 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Terry_AkiSauce
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,045
I'm not saying the Leafs shouldn't spend their 1st rounder at the deadline this year, I'm saying the idea of trading their first rounder for the incremental upgrade from Alex Kerfoot to Sean Monahan on their 3rd line is just stupid. Kerfoot's a Swiss army knife you can plug in anywhere in the lineup - he kills penalties and he can be a decent playmaker. He's probably slightly overpaid at $3.5M but he's not a cap dump by any stretch of the imagination.

You keep saying that good teams aren't afraid to spend their picks without also realizing that good teams also typically don't subtract from their top 9 at the same time. If they spent their 1st to get another forward that pushed Kerfoot down the lineup, that's building good depth for the playoffs, but swapping out Kerfoot for Monahan leaves them still with the same iffy 4th line and lack of depth forwards if someone gets injured - except now they've got a slightly better 3C and they've lost their 1st rounder this year. Genuinely terrible trade all-around.

Kerfoot has been absolutely horrible. He has until the TDL to figure it out but he looks lost on the ice
29 nov. 2022 à 14 h 19

Great analysis. I agree with you.
dannibalcorpse a aimé ceci.
29 nov. 2022 à 15 h 29
Quoting: Saskleaf
He got traded along with a first as a dump mere months ago lol. His play hasn’t been good enough to earn him a first, especially with his cap hit (even at 50% retention) and the fact that he was dumped along with a first recently.

That is not a logical argument since it is clear you don't have an understanding of the situation that led to that move. It's a tired argument that has no standing, just a primitive understanding of cap constraints, contracts, and willingness to take risk combined with contender windows and available FA's.

Will it be a Mon @ 50% directly for a 1st? Not likely. But there will be a deal based around that exact premise or he'll stay where he's at and I'm quite alright with that.
29 nov. 2022 à 15 h 47
Go leafs go
That is not a logical argument since it is clear you don't have an understanding of the situation that led to that move. It's a tired argument that has no standing, just a primitive understanding of cap constraints, contracts, and willingness to take risk combined with contender windows and available FA's.

Will it be a Mon 50% directly for a 1st? Not likely. But there will be a deal based around that exact premise or he'll stay where he's at and I'm quite alright with that.

Except that it does have a standing. It looks really bad on GMs if they pay a lot for a guy they could have been payed to take on shortly before. I’m not denying that he will get a decent return at the deadline, but I can’t see him getting a first.
29 nov. 2022 à 17 h 24
Quoting: Saskleaf
Except that it does have a standing. It looks really bad on GMs if they pay a lot for a guy they could have been payed to take on shortly before. I’m not denying that he will get a decent return at the deadline, but I can’t see him getting a first.

Look, I understand that MTL was given a 1st to take Monahan from CGY. However, we were paid that first to take the gamble on a guy with a 6+ million-dollar contract so CGY could make a long-term signing in Kadri who was a hot commodity this offseason. That gamble happens to be working out well so far for MTL. The first may come in a blockbuster deal, Monahan + Edmundson both retained for a package return or something of the nature. I have every notion that Hughes is going to make at least one huge-ish deal at the TDL and get a 1st in return.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
29 nov. 2022 à 19 h 32
Go leafs go
Look, I understand that MTL was given a 1st to take Monahan from CGY. However, we were paid that first to take the gamble on a guy with a 6+ million-dollar contract so CGY could make a long-term signing in Kadri who was a hot commodity this offseason. That gamble happens to be working out well so far for MTL. The first may come in a blockbuster deal, Monahan + Edmundson both retained for a package return or something of the nature. I have every notion that Hughes is going to make at least one huge-ish deal at the TDL and get a 1st in return.

I think that is all a fine take. I just am saying he won’t get a first on his own. With Edmudson, I could see it.
Just_A_Guess a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage