(ARI/TOR) - Timmins for Douglas

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

24 nov. 2022 à 10 h 47
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: Rangsey
A possible NHLer for a never NHLer. Also factor in Leafs being desperate for dmen. Hard to see an Arizona win here, not sure what y'all are smoking.

I can see it for Arizona. They’re all about the future. Timmins is in the last year of his contract, and they probably weren’t going to make him a qualifying offer, so his value to them is very low. I can understand them wanting to turn him into somebody who’s still going to be around after this season, even if he’s not a highly regarded prospect.

Whether Toronto should be trying to develop more physical players instead of collecting ex-Greyhounds is a valid topic for discussion – I’ll save my thoughts on that for another post – but I think this trade still looks good for them. I liked Timmins in Colorado (I didn’t see him play much in Arizona), and though he’s not likely to be a difference maker for them, he fills an immediate need and comes at a low price. If he fits in well he could stick with the team when they’re healthy, giving them flexibility to make another move.
24 nov. 2022 à 13 h 25
Leafs Sufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
Quoting: jpsnow13
Is no one gonna talk about how screwed floppy leaves are!?!

The solution to their inexperienced/injury plagged Dcore is ... an injury plagged 24 y.o. who haven't been able to play 100 games since turning pro 4 years ago?

Enjoy the W on paper now, because it would be very surprising Timmins will have any impact at all.

I don't think Timmins is meant to be the solution, rather an option to plug in until they can get some of their injured defenders back.

If he doesn't pan out, it cost the leafs an AHL C who very likely wouldn't make their roster in the future.

But sure, I guess the "floppy leaves" are screwed?
palhal a aimé ceci.
24 nov. 2022 à 21 h 44
lottery team fan
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 541
meh

even if timmins doesn't make the NHL full-time he still has a better shot than a center who has ONE point in 13 AHL games
palhal, Saskleaf et Tintin a aimé ceci.
25 nov. 2022 à 0 h 58
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
All eyes will be on Chychrun as the next big D trade target. Big storyline to follow as the season progresses. Could be a crazy TDL w/ Kane and Horvat also on the block.
28 déc. 2022 à 22 h 49
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,940
https://twitter.com/DTSB_98/status/1606004882447732741/photo/1

So far so good hes been a nice #6 and the fact we gave up an AHL bruiser for him is nice. With more games and improvement top 4 still a possibility
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2023 à 20 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 8 janv. 2023 à 21 h 0

And somehow people said Arizona won.......

Just give Dubas GM of the year as he turned an AHL ENFORCER into Timmins whose looking more and more like the guy Colorado drafted 32 OA in 2017
9 janv. 2023 à 10 h 36
Leafs Sufferer
Quoting: Babatunde
Huge add for the Coyotes, Douglas is a 6'9" mammoth who plays hard and physical. Will throw his weight around and will add a locker room presence. When games get physical, he will address the situations when needed

Leafs add in another puck moving defensemen that doesn't defend and can't be physical (Tyson Barrie). Embarrassing trade from Dubas' end especially after losing guys like Kadri, Mason Marchment, and Hyman

My vote goes to Arizona

This comment is aging like sour milk.

Love to see it.
Saskleaf, aadoyle et python3504 a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2023 à 11 h 14
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 801
Quoting: Ritzy
This comment is aging like sour milk.

Love to see it.

Leafs won't be able to re-sign him, I could see him getting offer sheeted when the Leafs have to pay their stars
9 janv. 2023 à 11 h 40
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: aadoyle

And somehow people said Arizona won.......

Just give Dubas GM of the year as he turned an AHL ENFORCER into Timmins whose looking more and more like the guy Colorado drafted 32 OA in 2017

At the beginning of the season I'd have never thought the Leafs would be in their current position after all the injuries on D and w/ Auston Matthews on pace for 'only' 40G. The goaltending tandem and Dubas' shrewd roster moves and cap management have paid huge dividends. He's the leader for GM of the Year, in my book.
aadoyle et python3504 a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2023 à 12 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Brian2016
At the beginning of the season I'd have never thought the Leafs would be in their current position after all the injuries on D and w/ Auston Matthews on pace for 'only' 40G. The goaltending tandem and Dubas' shrewd roster moves and cap management have paid huge dividends. He's the leader for GM of the Year, in my book.

I honestly feel Matthews is just cruising. He does not care about awards anymore he just wants to play good hockey and go for it in the playoffs. Or hes hurt but good at hiding it idk.

Either way being tied for 2nd in the NHL is a good accomplishment and knowing the league Dubas wont be top 5 in voting despite gambling and arguably winning so far on Samsonov, Murray, Timmins, etc.
9 janv. 2023 à 12 h 48
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,188
Leafs won't be able to re-sign him, I could see him getting offer sheeted when the Leafs have to pay their stars

This is so laughable it's not even funny. Anyone with even small hockey knowledge knows offer sheets never happen.
9 janv. 2023 à 13 h 11
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Saskleaf
This is so laughable it's not even funny. Anyone with even small hockey knowledge knows offer sheets never happen.

Its desperation at its finest

The person had a take of how oh Douglas gonna be the next Marchment and it aged like MILK

As a classic example of an OS that could have happened but didnt

Sandin and Liligren could have got OS'd but where are they now on the Leafs signed for 1.4mill x 2 years

Leafs can easily afford Timmins. 2mill x 4 years is a deal Dubas should explore

There is a reason we have only seen 5 OS in 13 years and of those one was a revenge one for Montreal trying to steal Aho. Nobody is gonna OS timmins
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2023 à 13 h 55
Leafs Sufferer

I admire your willingness to double down on the nonsense rather than admit you were wrong.
Saskleaf et Rangsey a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2023 à 16 h 11
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,942

Then they could trade him for more assets than an AHL 4rth liner... sorry for the delay in answer
9 févr. 2023 à 13 h 48
torontos finest
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192

my guy is a walking L machine

quick, say that the leafs don't be able to keep knies to get meier! use your powers for good!
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2023 à 13 h 50
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 801
Quoting: mondo
my guy is a walking L machine

quick, say that the leafs don't be able to keep knies to get meier! use your powers for good!

Leafs will get Meier by trading Matthew Knies, Alex Kerfoot, a 2023 first, 2023 third, and a 2024 2nd
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2023 à 13 h 52
torontos finest
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
Leafs will get Meier by trading Matthew Knies, Alex Kerfoot, a 2023 first, 2023 third, and a 2024 2nd

now we wait

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage