Forums/NHL Trades

(ARI/TOR) - Timmins for Douglas

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

23 nov. 2022 à 16 h 19
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
I wonder if anyone who thinks Arizona won, or Douglas has a bright NHL future know anything about him beyond him being 6 foot 9....
drewjenkins, thelastlongbow, leafs101 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 16 h 22
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 830
Quoting: Babatunde
Douglas is a 6'9" mammoth who plays hard and physical. Will throw his weight around and will add a locker room presence. When games get physical, he will address the situations when needed. My vote goes to Arizona

"and will add a locker room presence"

Your boy Douglas has never been in an NHL locker room though? tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy
Saskleaf, leafs101, BCAPP and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 16 h 31
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 406
Great deal! All seriousness aside though: when will the Leafs stop picking up players that are two years removed of their "prime" (I can't find the right word and hope you understand)?

Timmins, Simmonds, Barrie, Petruzelli, Mete, Clifford, Murray, Muzzin, Mrazek, Ritchie, Rittich, Foligno, Thornton, (Riley) Nash, Galchenyuk, Clarkson, Ceci, Marleau, Aston-Reese, Plekanec...

Who will it be next?
23 nov. 2022 à 16 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Yeah, uh-huh, you know what it is
SOO GREYHOUNDS
SOO GREYHOUNDS
SOO GREYHOUNDS
SOO GREYHOUNDS

Sandin will be happy
23 nov. 2022 à 16 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,207
You think a response is allowed in Toronto? He would just end up like Simmonds, on waivers. According to Dubas' rulebook, you can't fight or hit, it's not allowed. Marchment wasn't allowed to do it and when he did, he was traded. Hyman wasn't allowed to do it so he walked. Lyubushkin was throwing some big hits and Dubas thought he was a puck moving defensemen from his scouting report, so he wasn't re-signed

you cant go on waivers if you were never in the NHL
Saskleaf et drewjenkins a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 16 h 42
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,864
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
6mhfcz.jpg

You must get a lot of use out of this picture tears of joy
23 nov. 2022 à 17 h 5
Hakuna Matata
So when healthy

Rielly-Brodie
Sandin-Liligren
Gio-Timmins

Not bad should work till TDL
23 nov. 2022 à 17 h 6
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BCAPP
I wonder if anyone who thinks Arizona won, or Douglas has a bright NHL future know anything about him beyond him being 6 foot 9....

4th line guy who could be fun is all I can say about him.

Maybe a nice little hard hitting 4c who if needed drops the gloves and screens goalies. But thats it.

Marchment I feel was just some weird example as nobody saw that kind of guy. And to be fair it was the final year of his 3 year stay in Florida he showed he can be top 9
23 nov. 2022 à 17 h 23
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,848
A possible NHLer for a never NHLer. Also factor in Leafs being desperate for dmen. Hard to see an Arizona win here, not sure what y'all are smoking.
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 18 h 2
Mentions "j'aime": 387
Quoting: CapFriendly
Trade confirmed: [url=/teams/coyotes]Arizona Coyotes[/url] - [url=/teams/mapleleafs]Toronto Maple Leafs[/url]

Why, you just gave away a solid defenseman Prospect who is already seeing minutes in the NHL to Toronto for a guy you don't need
23 nov. 2022 à 18 h 22
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,394
Huge add for the Coyotes, Douglas is a 6'9" mammoth who plays hard and physical. Will throw his weight around and will add a locker room presence. When games get physical, he will address the situations when needed

Leafs add in another puck moving defensemen that doesn't defend and can't be physical (Tyson Barrie). Embarrassing trade from Dubas' end especially after losing guys like Kadri, Mason Marchment, and Hyman

My vote goes to Arizona

its trues that douglass is really gonna be loved by the arizona AHL club.
23 nov. 2022 à 18 h 35
Quoting: Chabotrrorr
Great deal! All seriousness aside though: when will the Leafs stop picking up players that are two years removed of their "prime" (I can't find the right word and hope you understand)?

Timmins, Simmonds, Barrie, Petruzelli, Mete, Clifford, Murray, Muzzin, Mrazek, Ritchie, Rittich, Foligno, Thornton, (Riley) Nash, Galchenyuk, Clarkson, Ceci, Marleau, Aston-Reese, Plekanec...

Who will it be next?

Those guys are all at different ages. What are you trying to say?
23 nov. 2022 à 18 h 39
Modifié 24 nov. 2022 à 8 h 36. Raison: math fail
Quoting: aadoyle
4th line guy who could be fun is all I can say about him.

Maybe a nice little hard hitting 4c who if needed drops the gloves and screens goalies. But thats it.

Marchment I feel was just some weird example as nobody saw that kind of guy. And to be fair it was the final year of his 3 year stay in Florida he showed he can be top 9

Marchment is a complete fluke and essentially unpredictable. Only other guy I can think of with a similar career progression is Alexander burrows.

The last time that marchment had 18 goals in any league (minors, junior, NHL, etc) before he had 18 last year was 13 YEARS OLD IN THE OJHL in 2013-2014.

That was a freaky unexpected development.

EDITED TO CORRECT: I made a math fail. He was 18 not 13. But still it was major junior pre OHL
palhal et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 18 h 39
LeafsStars
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 48
I say fair deal. Neither will amount to anything.
23 nov. 2022 à 18 h 44
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
If that's all you have to pay for a lottery ticket like Timmins, you do it in a heartbeat. If he stays healthy, TOR could have something here.
23 nov. 2022 à 18 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 24 nov. 2022 à 4 h 12
Quoting: BCAPP
Marchment is a complete fluke and essentially unpredictable. Only other guy I can think of with a similar career progression is Alexander burrows.

The last time that marchment had 18 goals in any league (minors, junior, NHL, etc) before he had 18 last year was 13 YEARS OLD IN THE OJHL in 2013-2014.

That was a freaky unexpected development.

Exactly

Like if Marchment played how he did in Florida he would have been a leaf till he was a UFA. But he didnt show us anything special and really it was his final year in Florida where he woke up and went off
BCAPP et palhal a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 19 h 1
sen krak fan
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,517
Wi for the Leafs.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 19 h 18
Steve Durbano Fan
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 44
I have not voted on this one because i think both teams lose. Arizona gets a player that teams keep being tantalized by his size (Dallas drafted him and dropped him, Ottawa gave him a coffee in Belleville and dropped him. Leafs signed him gave him a long look saw he could not produce in the AHL and dropped him, Arizona are you seeing a pattern here? For the Leafs yes, they gave up very little for an NHL guy but an NHL guy who has missed more time as a pro than he has spent on any roster and their purpose is to use him as an injury fill-in which given his history is a mighty big risk given, they are counting on him in a big way. Dekeyser or Russell while close to the end of their usefulness have both remained healthy throughout their careers and would have been a much safer idea.
23 nov. 2022 à 19 h 30
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
Is no one gonna talk about how screwed floppy leaves are!?!

The solution to their inexperienced/injury plagged Dcore is ... an injury plagged 24 y.o. who haven't been able to play 100 games since turning pro 4 years ago?

Enjoy the W on paper now, because it would be very surprising Timmins will have any impact at all.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 20 h 13
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,274
Timmins actually being able to play on a regular basis would be a minor miracle with his injury issues. If this is the answer for the Leafs brass, Leafs nation is truly down bad!
23 nov. 2022 à 20 h 51
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 500
Arizona should have just played him. It's not like they can't afford to drop a game if he struggles. If it's true that they were looking at assigning him to Tucson at the end of his conditioning stint, then they did well to get something rather than lose him to waivers. Presumably they see something in Douglas.

He's shown he can be a decent defenseman when he plays. Shame about the injury history. Leads take a flier on a guy with higher upside and potential to play in the top four if he can stay healthy and get in game shape. Didn't give up much.

Looks like a win for Toronto to me, but not a steal because I can just as easily see a future where Timmins doesn't play 40 games for them -- in fact that's probably more likely than Timmins playing a major role for Toronto. But good for them, and I hope he does well because he's had a rough start to a career.
palhal et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 23 h 56
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Fringe NHLer for a AHL player. Don't see why this isn't a Leafs win.
24 nov. 2022 à 2 h 58
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 847
Two reclamation projects traded that will likely help their new teams more than they were helping their old teams. Call it an even trade.
24 nov. 2022 à 8 h 37
Quoting: Steve_Durbanofan11
I have not voted on this one because i think both teams lose. Arizona gets a player that teams keep being tantalized by his size (Dallas drafted him and dropped him, Ottawa gave him a coffee in Belleville and dropped him. Leafs signed him gave him a long look saw he could not produce in the AHL and dropped him, Arizona are you seeing a pattern here? For the Leafs yes, they gave up very little for an NHL guy but an NHL guy who has missed more time as a pro than he has spent on any roster and their purpose is to use him as an injury fill-in which given his history is a mighty big risk given, they are counting on him in a big way. Dekeyser or Russell while close to the end of their usefulness have both remained healthy throughout their careers and would have been a much safer idea.

DeKeyser and Russel are both actively bad. May as well take a lottery ticket shot. I'd rather play Mete or one of our depth prospects/AHLers (Kral, Hollowel, etc) than DeKeyser or Russel.
24 nov. 2022 à 9 h 0
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
Quoting: drewjenkins
"and will add a locker room presence"

Your boy Douglas has never been in an NHL locker room though? tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy

Also "Babantunue" has never been in a NHL or AHL locker room. What does he know about Douglas's presence?"
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage