Forums/Armchair-GM

Were the Habs distracted by the Pierre Gervais tell all book

Créé par: jonh514
Équipe: 2022-23 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 23 nov. 2022
Publié: 23 nov. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Let's be honest, the Habs did not show up last night. Not taking away anything from the Sabres who were just better, the Habs were uncharacteristically bad at both ends of the ice. 3 goals against in the first 2:30 seconds ... That was just a sad performance.

Lucky for the Habs right at the time of their worst showing of the year, Pierre Gervais' book is all anyone in La Belle Province is talking about. Pierre broke the code of silence, the 'Omerta' regarding what happens behind closed doors in those hallowed halls. He did what many consider to be unthinkable, he disclosed personal recollections and his and other people's opinions about Bergevin, Ducharme, Pacioretty, and PK Subban amongst others he knew during his 35 year tenure "in the room", and let's just say it wasn't pretty.

Some don't but I definitely buy that it had an impact on the Habs play. It's a huge loss of focus... It's gotta make all those players and coaches think, "if this becomes the new normal, what stories from my career are gonna come out". I think we know Hockey Players are not choir boys. Like all celebrities, some attention, well managed, is a privilege. Too much, without any sense of control, is a curse. Pierre's book ripped that sense of control away from them in one fowl swoop.
Transactions
MTL
TOR
  1. Evans, Jake
Détails additionnels:
This guy should not be on this team anymore. Trade him before his value goes to zero
MTL
TOR
  1. Monahan, Sean
Détails additionnels:
Probably the only player who came to play last night. Trade for him while you have a chance!
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de PIT
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2182 500 000 $65 322 499 $1 132 500 $5 277 500 $17 177 501 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 8
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 3
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 4
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
G
UFA - 1
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 3
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance507 500 $$508K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
828 333 $828 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
766 667 $766 667 $
DD
UFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 4
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
23 nov. 2022 à 8 h 34
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,274
Or, Buffalo is an awful team that lost 8 games in a row, all in regulation and the Habs after an emotional comeback win vs the Flyers didnt show up. The Habs simply laid an egg once they got down early in the first few minutes by multiple goals. Might be time to give Montembeault the reins for a bit and see what he does with consecutive starts after he was hurt all last year on the hand.
23 nov. 2022 à 8 h 40
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,879
Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
Or, Buffalo is an awful team that lost 8 games in a row, all in regulation and the Habs after an emotional comeback win vs the Flyers didnt show up. The Habs simply laid an egg once they got down early in the first few minutes by multiple goals. Might be time to give Montembeault the reins for a bit and see what he does with consecutive starts after he was hurt all last year on the hand.

I don't think you understand how big this is.

In 2016 a reporter was fired in town for publishing that Michel Therrien had called PK Subban an N-Word and that he had told his buddies over a golf game that he thought Max Pacioretty was "the worst captain in Canadiens history". Those were his players and his team he was sh*t talking. Now in Pierre's book it comes out, or at least was implied, that those accusations were true.

Quebec is about to explode.
23 nov. 2022 à 8 h 44
HabsFanSinceThe60s
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 301
Quoting: jonh514
I don't think you understand how big this is.

In 2016 a reporter was fired in town for publishing that Michel Therrien had called PK Subban an N-Word and that he had told his buddies over a golf game that he thought Max Pacioretty was "the worst captain in Canadiens history". Those were his players and his team he was sh*t talking. Now in Pierre's book it comes out, or at least was implied, that those accusations were true.

Quebec is about to explode.

The criticism of Patches is nothing new. The racism allegations are just par for the course in the 21st century. It’s an easy way to sell books.
jonh514, Lenny7, Andy_Dick and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 8 h 51
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: OldHabsFan61
The criticism of Patches is nothing new. The racism allegations are just par for the course in the 21st century. It’s an easy way to sell books.

Sure ... But at the same time... Therrien works for Bell Media and is on the radio and Television almost daily. Does he lose his job?

What about Bergevin who is looking for a GM job around the league, is he now untouchable because he was party to this and covered it up.

The people he is talking about are active members of a very small community and it hurts and is shocking to see it.

Do I think it details the Habs season? Absolutely not. Do I think they are distracted that for a lot of these guys people that they knew and worked with are reflected in this negative light, yes I am sure they are all curious and worried and wondering. I also think they are all concerned about how this might change the dynamics of the locker room. If the wrong confidence is betrayed, even a 100 point player could be kicked out of the league.
23 nov. 2022 à 8 h 54
Sure ... But at the same time... Therrien works for Bell Media and is on the radio and Television almost daily. Does he lose his job?

What about Bergevin who is looking for a GM job around the league, is he now untouchable because he was party to this and covered it up.

The people he is talking about are active members of a very small community and it hurts and is shocking to see it.

Do I think it details the Habs season? Absolutely not. Do I think they are distracted that for a lot of these guys people that they knew and worked with are reflected in this negative light, yes I am sure they are all curious and worried and wondering. I also think they are all concerned about how this might change the dynamics of the locker room. If the wrong confidence is betrayed, even a 100 point player could be kicked out of the league.

This wont be news in a few days. It's a memoir, the media blows it up and later its forgotten. This stuff has always been going around, its just that athletes are overly scrutinized today. Meanwhile the Oilers in the 1980s were doing coke in the dressing room and McTavish killed someone with his car! You just are too young or you dont know about it.
Lenny7 et Fox_Czar_Cup a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 8 h 56
Seiders on the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 7,764
Yes. They were all reading it. In French.
23 nov. 2022 à 8 h 57
HabsFanSinceThe60s
This wont be news in a few days. It's a memoir, the media blows it up and later its forgotten. This stuff has always been going around, its just that athletes are overly scrutinized today. Meanwhile the Oilers in the 1980s were doing coke in the dressing room and McTavish killed someone with his car! You just are too young or you dont know about it.

Scandal has always sold but its much easier to generate scandals today because of the internet. It’s also easier to jin up a scandal because all it takes is race or gender to make it blow up.
23 nov. 2022 à 8 h 58
HabsFanSinceThe60s
Quoting: MoreHitzSeider

I’m sure Cole Caufield was really into it!
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 8 h 59
Seiders on the Storm

I don't feel bad for Bergy. Habs gave him an opportunity to be a GM and paid him a lot of money. He'll always have a job in the NHL. I don't know if he'll be a GM again. I do miss that Red suit though.
OldHabsFan61 a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 0
Scandal has always sold by its much easier to generate scandals today because of the internet. It’s also easier to jin up a scandal because all it takes is race or gender to make it blow up.

This generation are only seeing now what real racism is from the World Cup in Qatar. A true you know what country. Most ppl in North America are so sheltered that they get triggered by an employee following them out the door and claim racism... Meanwhile in the Middle East
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 1
Seiders on the Storm

LOL
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 2
Mentions "j'aime": 2,392
lets be real, not a single player actually though about that for a second. its just your brain looking for causality where there is non, but thats human nature. if they had won you could make the argument that ''it was a reaction to show how.much character they have or whatever '' and if they lost you could.say '' they were too affected by.the book or whatever''. and it both case you could have the same amount of proof. so then ask yourself this, how.does the book affect the performence if the outcome of the performence doesnt really matter?
Andy_Dick et Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 5
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
This generation are only seeing now what real racism is from the World Cup in Qatar. A true you know what country. Most ppl in North America are so sheltered that they get triggered by an employee following them out the door and claim racism... Meanwhile in the Middle East

I wish I was as young as you are claiming.

Anyway I think you are right that these things have always existed, but with the internet and social media platforms, these revelations do not require the but in from major media outlets like Bell to come to light.

The silence right now from Bell is deafening. They have not mentioned I word about it on any of their programs. They know they are gonna get a black eye from employing this guy and from firing their reporter for reporting the truth and they are in total damage control.
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 13
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: drambui
lets be real, not a single player actually though about that for a second. its just your brain looking for causality where there is non, but thats human nature. if they had won you could make the argument that ''it was a reaction to show how.much character they have or whatever '' and if they lost you could.say '' they were too affected by.the book or whatever''. and it both case you could have the same amount of proof. so then ask yourself this, how.does the book affect the performence if the outcome of the performence doesnt really matter?

Did the media talking daily about whether Toronto would fire their coach not affect the play of the Maple Leafs players at all? Vancouver?

Regardless of what you say the players are humans and they care what people say. The players ALL knew Pierre Gervais. They ALL felt betrayed. They also all knew Bergy and Claude Julien and a bunch of them knew Therrien.

Did you ever have a mentor at work? Did anyone ever believe in you and give you a career altering chance to take a big step forward? What if the entire world was talking about whether that person was good or bad and if hundreds of reporters were calling you for your opinion about them. Would you defend them? Should you? Does it make you a bad person if you don't? What if you do and it turns out that you are aligning yourself with someone everyone ends up hating?

These people were as important to them as any person you might know and have worked with for a decade or more. I don't care what you think, it matters.
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 16
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
Jake Allen, the main guy responsible for last night's mess, was not even involved in anything book-related. A team that is supposed to be bad just played bad against a bad team that lost 9 in a row and was hungry.

Gallagher said the dressing room is slightly awkward, nothing more, and this is probably just because journalists keep bringing up a book talking about the players in a language they don't understand.

But again if Gallagher said it was awkward it's because he's one of the few players of the old guard, the rest are all new and probably don't even care. With Byron, Drouin and Price sidelined, no one else than Gallagher can truly relate to anything that was said about Therrien and Pacioretty.
Andy_Dick, Lenny7 et Fox_Czar_Cup a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 17
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM

It's different today. C'mon look at Hockey Canada. You know it's different. Quebec is an echo-chamber. IMO Michel Therrien gets fired by Bell Media by the weekend. Probably quietly, he is just never seen again.

Pierre did his mug job well.
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 18
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: MoreHitzSeider

Evgenii Dadonov really couldnt believe what he was reading.
Andy_Dick et OldHabsFan61 a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 19
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: SevenLeg
Jake Allen, the main guy responsible for last night's mess, was not even involved in anything book-related. A team that is supposed to be bad just played bad against a bad team that lost 9 in a row and was hungry.

Gallagher said the dressing room is slightly awkward, nothing more, and this is probably just because journalists keep bringing up a book talking about the players in a language they don't understand.

But again if Gallagher said it was awkward it's because he's one of the few players of the old guard, the rest are all new and probably don't even care. With Byron, Drouin and Price sidelined, no one else than Gallagher can truly relate to anything that was said about Therrien and Pacioretty.

They all have to wonder who will be the next to talk. Most of them knew Bergy and can't like what was said.
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 19
It's different today. C'mon look at Hockey Canada. You know it's different. Quebec is an echo-chamber. IMO Michel Therrien gets fired by Bell Media by the weekend. Probably quietly, he is just never seen again.

Pierre did his mug job well.

You are changing the subject. You are talking about consequences for the team at large in your OP. There is none to be had. There isnt even smoke here but a wet fart in the wind that one guy (Gallagher) may have noticed.
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 25
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
You are changing the subject. You are talking about consequences for the team at large in your OP. There is none to be had. There isnt even smoke here but a wet fart in the wind that one guy (Gallagher) may have noticed.

You don't think Cole Caufield or Nick Suzuki are concerned for the guy who drafted/traded for them, believed in them. In Zuke's case, signed him to an 8 year 63 million dollar contract? To see them publicly mocked and possibly blacklisted from reaching their future goals?
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 25
Hop on the Slaftrain
They all have to wonder who will be the next to talk. Most of them knew Bergy and can't like what was said.

There aren't even many guys on the team that knew Bergevin all that well. Players who were on the team for at least two seasons under Bergevin:

Joel Armia
Jake Evans
Brendan Gallagher
Nick Suzuki

Sidelined/not in dressing room:

Paul Byron
Jonathan Drouin
Carey Price

Luke Richardson, Dominique Ducharme, Sean Burke... They're all gone too. Only Burrows is left.
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 28
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
There aren't even many guys on the team that knew Bergevin all that well. Players who were on the team for at least two seasons under Bergevin:

Joel Armia
Jake Evans
Brendan Gallagher
Nick Suzuki

Paul Byron
Jonathan Drouin
Carey Price

Luke Richardson, Dominique Ducharme, Sean Burke... They're all gone too. Only Burrows is left.

Caufield (who he drafted and signed)
Guhle (who he drafted and signed)
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 33
Hop on the Slaftrain

That doesn't mean he was close to Bergevin or cared about him. Both were in their respective leagues for most of their time in the organization.
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 38
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
That doesn't mean he was close to Bergevin or cared about him. Both were in their respective leagues for most of their time in the organization.

Joel Armia
Jake Evans
Brendan Gallagher
Nick Suzuki

Paul Byron
Jonathan Drouin
Carey Price

Lol.

Nick Suzuki played his worst game of the year yesterday
Jake Allen played his worst game of the year yesterday
Brendan Gallagher played his worst game of the year yesterday
Jake Evans... More of the same for him. He's just been bad.

Coincidence?
23 nov. 2022 à 9 h 45
Hop on the Slaftrain
Lol.

Nick Suzuki played his worst game of the year yesterday
Jake Allen played his worst game of the year yesterday
Brendan Gallagher played his worst game of the year yesterday
Jake Evans... More of the same for him. He's just been bad.

Coincidence?

Michael Matheson, David Savard, Christian Dvorak, Sean Monahan, Kaiden Guhle, they were all near the bottom of the team in xGF% and they don't have anything to do with the book. The whole team played poorly, not just the players you mentioned. If they keep playing like that until the end of the week after the games against CBJ and CHI, then you may have a point, but for now, it just seems like you're jumping to conclusions too fast.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage