Forums/Armchair-GM

Bold prediction

Créé par: Jah1722
Équipe: 2023-24 Ducks d'Anaheim
Date de création initiale: 22 nov. 2022
Publié: 22 nov. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Troy Terry isn’t a Duck come opening night in 2023. He has 1 year of RFA control left and after this abysmal season of “tanking” he asks out.

I think it’s a legit possibility and the biggest problem with Eakins returning as coach. He simply isn’t an NHL coach and this tank where the team is barely competitive in half the games will take its toll on a player that’s known nothing but losing at the NHL level.
Transactions
ANA
ARI
  1. Terry, Troy [Droits de RFA]
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de BOS
Logo de COL
Logo de ANA
Logo de MIN
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de BOS
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1384 500 000 $35 912 917 $0 $2 557 500 $48 587 083 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 456 250 $1 456 250 $
AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 4
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 295 000 $1 295 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
3 650 000 $3 650 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
855 000 $855 000 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C, AG
RFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
425 000 $425 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
775 000 $775 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 400 000 $6 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
762 500 $762 500 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
850 000 $850 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 nov. 2022 à 13 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 11,643
No no no no no no

Don’t even put this out there!
Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2022 à 13 h 49
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
Mannnnn...Do you know the can of ACGM worms you're about to open?!?! This is going to cause like 80 "Engvall+Kerfoot+Holl+2027 5th for Terry 50% retained and Klinger double retained" trades a day.
GeneralLandro et dannibalcorpse a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2022 à 13 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Jah1722
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,894
Quoting: GeneralLandro
No no no no no no

I think it’s a legit possibility. Contract talks aren’t happening in season and this team is awful.
22 nov. 2022 à 13 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Jah1722
Quoting: Lenny7
Mannnnn...Do you know the can of ACGM worms you're about to open?!?! This is going to cause like 80 "Engvall+Kerfoot+Holl+2027 5th for Terry 50% retained and Klinger double retained" trades a day.

Leafs can’t afford him anyways without moving any of the big 4.
22 nov. 2022 à 13 h 52
Lenny7
No no no no no no

It's madness. MADNESS I SAY!

Ducks have a TON of cap space, one of the top farm systems in the league (about to get stronger), and there's no reason to think they can't upgrade the heck out of this over the next year-two
GeneralLandro a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2022 à 13 h 53
Lenny7
Quoting: Jah1722
Leafs can’t afford him anyways without moving any of the big 4.

But they'll think they can...
22 nov. 2022 à 13 h 53
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 11,643
I think it’s a legit possibility. Contract talks aren’t happening in season and this team is awful.

I think both he and Trevor get matching 8 x 8.5+ this summer along with Verbeek getting his guy to replace DE (Grönborg please!)
Lenny7 et BeefBouillon a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2022 à 13 h 58
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319

I wouldn't worry too much about it yet, if he asks out it would probably be late in the 2023 off-season. If Anaheim lands a top 3 pick, maybe he doesn't want out, especially if they land Bedard. Their free agency could also be a factor that makes him want to stay rather than leave.
22 nov. 2022 à 13 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Jah1722
It's madness. MADNESS I SAY!

Ducks have a TON of cap space, one of the top farm systems in the league (about to get stronger), and there's no reason to think they can't upgrade the heck out of this over the next year-two

Why would Terry trust they can get better after the team taking a solid step last season just to fall off the cliff this season? Also if ducks fans are all aboard the tank then moving Terry makes sense in that regard too.
22 nov. 2022 à 13 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Jah1722
I think both he and Trevor get matching 8 x 8.5+ this summer along with Verbeek getting his guy to replace DE (Grönborg please!)

Sure but 8.5M will be doable by quite a few competitive teams with a decent cap rise. Verbeek screwed up.
22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 1
Lenny7
Why would Terry trust they can get better after the team taking a solid step last season just to fall off the cliff this season? Also if ducks fans are all aboard the tank then moving Terry makes sense in that regard too.

I'm all aboard for tanking, but this year. This will be the 5th consecutive year of missing the playoffs. While it's only Eakins first full season, there should be a clear kickstart coming, or what was the point in signing Strome and Vats this summer?
22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Jah1722
Quoting: GMBL
I wouldn't worry too much about it yet, if he asks out it would probably be late in the 2023 off-season. If Anaheim lands a top 3 pick, maybe he doesn't want out, especially if they land Bedard.

I know it’ll be in the offseason but I still wonder why another young player would change his frustrations? Obviously this is just a thought and there’s nothing pointing to him actually being frustrated enough to ask out. Just pointing out its could be a problem with how bad they are.
22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Jah1722
I'm all aboard for tanking, but this year. This will be the 5th consecutive year of missing the playoffs. While it's only Eakins first full season, there should be a clear kickstart coming, or what was the point in signing Strome and Vats this summer?

Verbeek tried by adding players but neglected the biggest hindrance of the team with Eakins. It wasn’t supposed to be a tank but has turned into that which is why Vatrano’s name has been talked about in trades.
22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 9
I know it’ll be in the offseason but I still wonder why another young player would change his frustrations? Obviously this is just a thought and there’s nothing pointing to him actually being frustrated enough to ask out. Just pointing out its could be a problem with how bad they are.

Bedard really is a high end talent, he could make an impact year 1. If the Ducks land him, they are probably going to be very active in free agency and attempt to move towards contention. I wouldn't be surprised if they resign Klingberg for example (if he doesn't resign with his new 'tdl' team), and go after some other free agents to fill needs. If a big fish like Pastrnak hits, then I also expect them to be active regardless of the draft outcome.

Eakins will then have a very short leash at the start of the 2023-24 season or just replace him off the bat since I think his contract expires.
Garak a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 16
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 10,395
It's true that, if Verbeek wanted to, he could get a ton of value out of him in trade. But I see him as cornerstones of that club, for a long time. All it takes is one meeting with Terry where Verbeek lays out the roadmap and he would be on board. They have a ton of talent in the NHL and in the pipeline, there are tons of exciting options for free agent picks ups through the next few years, and a ton of high end talent in the 2023 draft and beyond. Either way, I think Anaheim will be ok. But I think they'll be doing everything possible to keep him around.
GMBL et GiggywithGibby a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 18
Bedard really is a high end talent, he could make an impact year 1. If the Ducks land him, they are probably going to be very active in free agency and attempt to move towards contention. I wouldn't be surprised if they resign Klingberg for example (if he doesn't resign with his new 'tdl' team), and go after some other free agents to fill needs. If a big fish like Pastrnak hits, then I also expect them to be active regardless of the draft outcome.

Eakins will then have a very short leash at the start of the 2023-24 season or just replace him off the bat since I think his contract expires.

Agreed. The hype is real. Bedard is going to be an absolute phenom in the NHL.
GMBL a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 25
Quoting: Garak
Agreed. The hype is real. Bedard is going to be an absolute phenom in the NHL.

Though if he ends up in Arizona, I won't have any expectations.
Garak a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Jah1722

Eakins won’t be back next season or at least shouldn’t be. The D is a mess and some of that is because they just don’t have a “shutdown” guy so I doubt we see Klingberg back especially with Zellweger coming. Yes they could add a big fish in free agency to go with the high pick (Bedard, Fantilli etc) but they just added some UFAs and look where they are.

Obviously this is all hypothetical but if Terry is frustrated why would he trust there to be a different outcome next season just because a high pick comes into the team?
22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Jah1722
It's true that, if Verbeek wanted to, he could get a ton of value out of him in trade. But I see him as cornerstones of that club, for a long time. All it takes is one meeting with Terry where Verbeek lays out the roadmap and he would be on board. They have a ton of talent in the NHL and in the pipeline, there are tons of exciting options for free agent picks ups through the next few years, and a ton of high end talent in the 2023 draft and beyond. Either way, I think Anaheim will be ok. But I think they'll be doing everything possible to keep him around.

Here’s the problem with that roadmap, Verbeek added what he thought were solid UFAs and they’ve fallen off the map. They took what should have been the first step in getting back last season with a solid half season and now they’ve seemed to have taken 3 steps backwards.
22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 36
Rejoint: nov. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,668

Are you afraid to experiment with a European coach?
22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 38
Rejoint: nov. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,668
Yeah, we've been going through this **** in Buffalo for years now, with a losing culture, terrible coaches and idiot GMs destroying young players and the team, so we're in a perpetual cycle of rebuilding. You probably really need to fire the coach.
22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 38
Modifié 22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 44
Eakins won’t be back next season or at least shouldn’t be. The D is a mess and some of that is because they just don’t have a “shutdown” guy so I doubt we see Klingberg back especially with Zellweger coming. Yes they could add a big fish in free agency to go with the high pick (Bedard, Fantilli etc) but they just added some UFAs and look where they are.

Obviously this is all hypothetical but if Terry is frustrated why would he trust there to be a different outcome next season just because a high pick comes into the team?

If his frustration is just because the team is losing, it shouldn't be too hard for Verbeek to sell him the direction the team is headed. If he's going to be traded, where will he go? Probably, to a middle of the pack team which Anaheim could be the minimum expectation for the Ducks next year depending on their off-season. I htink they do resign Klingberg or someone who can be the PP QB now and eat big minutes. Zellweger is probably not going to be playing 20+ minutes. As for a shutdown d-man, they could also sign one of those in free agency potentially or trade for one if they are moving towards contention. Strome and Vatrano aren't huge ufa signings. Strome can easily be a 3C on a team that is deep down the middle, which I think is the goal. So don't be too disheartened that they aren't doing well.

If the plan is to still slowly rebuild and turn the team younger, and try to compete when Zegras is 24, then sure I don't see why he would want to stick around, and it wouldn't make much sense to keep him either.
22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 38
Here’s the problem with that roadmap, Verbeek added what he thought were solid UFAs and they’ve fallen off the map. They took what should have been the first step in getting back last season with a solid half season and now they’ve seemed to have taken 3 steps backwards.

Maybe. But I don't think anything they did put them anywhere close to over the top, and it is still early enough in the season that we shouldn't be coming to any conclusions yet. But this is a great season to be in the bottom of the standings, regardless. There is SOOOOO much talent in the 2023 draft. For all we know, Eakins could have been an intentional attempt to tank for a high pick in the draft. Because we know the talent is there, so there are obviously other factors at play. This league is too close and volatile to jump to conclusions.
22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Jah1722
If his frustration is just because the team is losing, it shouldn't be too hard for Verbeek to sell him the direction the team is headed. If he's going to be traded, where will he go? Probably, to a middle of the pack team which Anaheim could be the minimum expectation for the Ducks next year depending on their off-season. I htink they do resign Klingberg or someone who can be the PP QB now and eat big minutes. Zellweger is probably not going to be playing 20+ minutes. As for a shutdown d-man, they could also sign one of those in free agency potentially or trade for one if they are moving towards contention. Strome and Vatrano aren't huge ufa signings. Strome can easily be a 3C on a team that is deep down the middle, which I think is the goal. So don't be too disheartened that they aren't doing well.

If the plan is to still slowly rebuild and turn the team younger, and try to compete when Zegras is 24, then sure I don't see why he would want to stick around, and it wouldn't make much sense to keep him either.

Klingberg has already been moved off PP1. And when I mention Zellweger I don’t mean to play 20+ min but he’s another offensively gifted D which is what Klingberg is. Just makes sense Zellweger takes the offensive role over re-signing Klingberg.

And sure Vatrano and Strome aren’t big UFA signings but they are signings that shouldn’t have this team just marginally better than AZ.

The disheartening thing isn’t that they aren’t playoff contenders, it’s that they’re barely competitive in like half the games they’ve played. They aren’t even fun to watch. They’re just bad.
GMBL a aimé ceci.
22 nov. 2022 à 14 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Jah1722
Maybe. But I don't think anything they did put them anywhere close to over the top, and it is still early enough in the season that we shouldn't be coming to any conclusions yet. But this is a great season to be in the bottom of the standings, regardless. There is SOOOOO much talent in the 2023 draft. For all we know, Eakins could have been an intentional attempt to tank for a high pick in the draft. Because we know the talent is there, so there are obviously other factors at play. This league is too close and volatile to jump to conclusions.

They didn’t do anything over the top but they also didn’t make moves that should have made them this bad. Sure the league is close as a whole but the ducks aren’t close to anyone outside of AZ. They’ve been that bad.

And keeping Eakins seems to have been intentional for the tank. And that’s where the problem lies, if there’s enough frustration built up in Terry why would he trust this team?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage