Forums/Armchair-GM

Line up change is past overdue

Créé par: BestGMBenning
Équipe: 2022-23 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 18 nov. 2022
Publié: 18 nov. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Honestly I think it’d be best to waive Kappy and have him figure something out. I really don’t hate the guy cause he’s just too good in my opinion to be so snake bitten. Then the rest of the forward core just can’t seem to catch a break. Rakell has been dynamite for us so far and just seems to have something clicking with both Sid/Jake and Geno/Zucker. The problem has been Rust’s production being rusty(no pun intended). If Rust continues putting up 0 points then I’d honestly get him some rest and throw Kappy in a game or two. Rust has been pointless for 7 games and just overall out there for far too many goals. But then again he has always been a streaky player and just needs to snap out of this cold streak to get it going again.
Recent formation of this 3rd line has looked solid to me so far. It’s got McGinn scoring goals again(he’s always been a shooter rather than a playmaker)which is good for him and what we need from him. They seem to be getting some point production together though and so far some good chemistry. Hopefully that can keep up. 4th line just needs Blueger to get it going and we’ll be solid I think in that area.

Defence is questionable. Pettersson has overall been a stud and found himself in the top pairing. Dumo I really didn’t expect to have just lost a whole step in his game. Letang needs to shoot the damn puck more. POJ has been a nice addition. Petry seems decent to me. Rutta also has looked solid. The teams defence would be looking better by far if Dumo was on top his game. He still makes some decent defence plays but that only seems to be when the game really slows down. The last thing thats bothered me is, why is Sully playing Ruhwedel on the Left side? I think Dumo should be scratched here and there.

Goaltending has had a lot of work to do and they’ve done their best. The defence just needs to step up.

The good thing recently though is Pittsburgh seems to finally have something going on the penalty kill. Especially with Blueger coming back. Perhaps if they can continue playing good on the penalty kill it’ll help their overall defensive game.

The power play units need a complete shakeup I think. If they really want to set up for purely one timers, Petry is the guy to play on that top unit along with Geno. And until Rust gets it going we need either Rakell or Zucker on that top unit. Cause the top unit is way too predictable and pass way too much.
2nd unit has put in some solid work I think.
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de NJD
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de FLA
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $76 635 592 $0 $0 $5 864 408 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
UFA - 3
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 nov. 2022 à 10 h 43
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 997
They finally switched Rust and Rakell back to where they should be - so I'd give this top 6 a couple games together to see if they can get back to what they were at the start of the year. Rust just wasn't working on the top line - but Zucker/Malkin/Rust has been arguably the best line this year, so hopefully they can get back to that. That 4th line looked amazing last night. Ironically enough the third line is actually significantly better with Kapanen than McGinn. Kap might not deserve another shot but I think you have to give him one more - and hope that the benching lit a fire under him.

Defense is a crapshoot with Dumo and Letang playing bad. And the Pettersson on the top pair has been an awful experiment unfortunately. I think you give POJ/Letang, Pettersson/Petry, Dumo/Rutta pairings a try. Goaltending has been subpar - especially Jarry. If the injury is really effecting this play this much - they just need to stop playing him. Let him rest and recover.

Hopefully Teddy fixes the PK - and yeah they need to make changes to the PP units immediately. It's just embarrassing.
BestGMBenning a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2022 à 15 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 479
Quoting: JSEB93
They finally switched Rust and Rakell back to where they should be - so I'd give this top 6 a couple games together to see if they can get back to what they were at the start of the year. Rust just wasn't working on the top line - but Zucker/Malkin/Rust has been arguably the best line this year, so hopefully they can get back to that. That 4th line looked amazing last night. Ironically enough the third line is actually significantly better with Kapanen than McGinn. Kap might not deserve another shot but I think you have to give him one more - and hope that the benching lit a fire under him.

Defense is a crapshoot with Dumo and Letang playing bad. And the Pettersson on the top pair has been an awful experiment unfortunately. I think you give POJ/Letang, Pettersson/Petry, Dumo/Rutta pairings a try. Goaltending has been subpar - especially Jarry. If the injury is really effecting this play this much - they just need to stop playing him. Let him rest and recover.

Hopefully Teddy fixes the PK - and yeah they need to make changes to the PP units immediately. It's just embarrassing.

I have no idea what’s even going on with The defence overall. The top line has seen too many goals being scored on them. I guess it’s just something they’ll have to figure out as time goes on
JSEB93 a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2022 à 15 h 50
Quoting: BestGMBenning
I have no idea what’s even going on with The defence overall. The top line has seen too many goals being scored on them. I guess it’s just something they’ll have to figure out as time goes on

It's almost impressive how many goals that top line was giving up lol. At this point I can't help but think Rust is the issue right now. Too much evidence to be a coincidence. Just hoping that him, Malkin, and Zucker can recapture what they had the first 5 games or so.

But yeah not sure anybody knows whats going on with the D lol. Maybe just have to hope Letang and Dumo just play their way out of it or something.
18 nov. 2022 à 18 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 479
Quoting: JSEB93
It's almost impressive how many goals that top line was giving up lol. At this point I can't help but think Rust is the issue right now. Too much evidence to be a coincidence. Just hoping that him, Malkin, and Zucker can recapture what they had the first 5 games or so.

But yeah not sure anybody knows whats going on with the D lol. Maybe just have to hope Letang and Dumo just play their way out of it or something.

Rust has been an issue I think. I don’t know if he’s dealing with some sort of injury or something. It’s crazy how Jake-Sid-Rust went from being our top line with good all round hockey for a few years to whatever the hell they were recently together. If he continues putting up nothing I think Kappy should be given another opportunity. He hasn’t been given any top 6 minutes this year and had 5 points in his first five games playing with Heinen and Carter. So who knows if playing with Geno again helps him regain his game. Especially with how well Zucker has bounced back production wise so far they can find some of that chemistry they should’ve had in the shortened 2021 season.
That’s probably what we need from Letang and Dumo to just play their own way out. It’s gonna be painful but when they on top of their game our defence will be hard to penetrate.
JSEB93 a aimé ceci.
21 nov. 2022 à 9 h 48
Quoting: BestGMBenning
Rust has been an issue I think. I don’t know if he’s dealing with some sort of injury or something. It’s crazy how Jake-Sid-Rust went from being our top line with good all round hockey for a few years to whatever the hell they were recently together. If he continues putting up nothing I think Kappy should be given another opportunity. He hasn’t been given any top 6 minutes this year and had 5 points in his first five games playing with Heinen and Carter. So who knows if playing with Geno again helps him regain his game. Especially with how well Zucker has bounced back production wise so far they can find some of that chemistry they should’ve had in the shortened 2021 season.
That’s probably what we need from Letang and Dumo to just play their own way out. It’s gonna be painful but when they on top of their game our defence will be hard to penetrate.

Agreed with pretty much everything here. Well put.

I know people hate Kap but I'm all on board for him getting another shot as well. They shouldn't shy away from putting a conventionally "better" player on the third line - like a Rust. They did it with Kessel and it worked great. Rakell definitely needs to stay on the top line imo - let Rust try to recapture that chemistry(which was amazing) with the 2nd line and if he doesn't drop him to the 3rd and try Kap with Malkin Zucker. I think they'll figure it out - thankfully Blueger is back.
BestGMBenning a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage