SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #5: Montreal’s youngster wonders

15 nov. 2022 à 23 h 12
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,686
Quoting: Brian2016
Bratt is probably $8M+ on an 8 year deal. Pasta is $10M+. My guess is that Severson will play out the year in NJ and then test the UFA market. He'll most likely play in a new city next season.

That makes sense to me...
Pasta 1-pt per game avg (526 Gms NOT incl playoffs!!)...
Bratt .7-pt per game avg (322 Gms)
15 nov. 2022 à 23 h 13
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: yikes
San Jose Sharks

It’s official..

Erik Karlsson and Mike Grier are LISTENING on trade offers.

Is it actually possible!? What sort of return could they get, even if the Sharks retain salary?
zk97 et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
15 nov. 2022 à 23 h 17
I'm so thankful Johnny Gaudreau is NOT a Devil. I have nothing against the guy. He's just not a player you win with.
15 nov. 2022 à 23 h 22
GM CRIME DAWG
I'm so thankful Johnny Gaudreau is NOT a Devil. I have nothing against the guy. He's just not a player you win with.

Just a thought for ya...

Does NJ try and trade Severson to TML in-season/TDL (to fill the Muzz-hole)?
OR
NJ rides him all the way into playoffs (up-for-grab-East) and then to UFA freedom??
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
15 nov. 2022 à 23 h 27
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Quoting: McGruff
No love for TRIPLE-G Bling Bling!

True but…

05 team had:

Crosby
Getzlaf
Perry
Richards
Ladd
Bergeron
Seabrook
Weber

And we don’t even gotta talk about the Sochi roster.

NOT SAYING AT ALL HE WAS A PASSENGER
But I’d sure hope he’d win a few golds.

He again was not just some dude on the team; he’s a gamer. But at some point I believe to be in the HOF you have be a special player.

Carter was elite for maybe a cup (Pun intended) of coffee when he had (I believe 20+ points in the playoffs or something). But he was never special. His hardware is special truly. He’s absolutely a player that won’t be forgotten. He probably will get in; and I can’t blame anyone saying yes. But I’ll be looking like Burke’y at the HOF table in that vote. I’ll need a great PowerPoint to sway me haha.
McGruff a aimé ceci.
15 nov. 2022 à 23 h 31
GM CRIME DAWG
San Jose Sharks

It’s official..

Erik Karlsson and Mike Grier are LISTENING on trade offers.

Preamble: good one on "Heffey Carter" applaud

BUT

Now we need the INSIDER skinny on EK65's future?

Who?
What?
Where?
When?
Why?

NHL GMs are drooling right now.................
yikes et zk97 a aimé ceci.
15 nov. 2022 à 23 h 36
EklundCelebriniSmith
Is it actually possible!? What sort of return could they get, even if the Sharks retain salary?

It was briefly discussed on one of the past threads.
IMO

Karlsson
@11.5m is impossible to move

@9.5m is affordable if the Sharks are accepting a bad contract in return.
- I find Tyler Myers a very suitable conversation point. Let’s not even talk about Vancouver and just use Myers as a example.

Karlsson 9.5m (2m retained)

For

Myers (dead weight)
Prospect
Pick (depending on said prospect)

9.5 is a little expensive for Karl with the term, but his current play paired with his somewhat fair and often over criticized past few years would see 9.5 as a tough pillow to swallow but again acceptable.

So I would say if you’re moving Myers, a prospect like (B level) Lysell, maybe a 2nd+ (conditions in play) I would say both teams aren’t jumping for joy but both teams aren’t upset with the trade. So almost a happy middle ground?

Now once you start getting below 9 is where I’d say SJS should be looking to gouge someone’s eyes out and run.

@7.5-8.5m (would require Arizona helping with retention) Karlsson becomes an EXTREMELY enticing piece to I would say just about every single team in the league who wants to win NOW. And again if he’s being swapped out for (example) Myers type anchors; you’re going to see a handsome return imo. We aren’t talking Stutzle, Norris, Demelo, Tierney, Balcers etc etc etc but it’s going to be incredibly dumb to trade Karlsson at that price tag without seeing an A level prospect and a 1st arguably in this draft.
Brian2016, McGruff, Tintin and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
15 nov. 2022 à 23 h 40
GM CRIME DAWG
True but…

05 team had:

Crosby
Getzlaf
Perry
Richards
Ladd
Bergeron
Seabrook
Weber

And we don’t even gotta talk about the Sochi roster.

NOT SAYING AT ALL HE WAS A PASSENGER
But I’d sure hope he’d win a few golds.

He again was not just some dude on the team; he’s a gamer. But at some point I believe to be in the HOF you have be a special player.

Carter was elite for maybe a cup (Pun intended) of coffee when he had (I believe 20+ points in the playoffs or something). But he was never special. His hardware is special truly. He’s absolutely a player that won’t be forgotten. He probably will get in; and I can’t blame anyone saying yes. But I’ll be looking like Burke’y at the HOF table in that vote. I’ll need a great PowerPoint to sway me haha.

Carter was elite for maybe a cup (Pun intended) of coffee when he had (I believe 20+ points in the playoffs or something). But he was never special. His hardware is special truly. He’s absolutely a player that won’t be forgotten. He probably will get in; and I can’t blame anyone saying yes. But I’ll be looking like Burke’y at the HOF table in that vote. I’ll need a great PowerPoint to sway me haha.[/quote]

JC:
In the NHL playoffs - sometimes your talent means you are a hyper-focus for the opponents white board - you take it/suck it up/encourage it even. However, your teammates thus merrily fill the boxscore that is topped by a "W"-Header
yikes a aimé ceci.
15 nov. 2022 à 23 h 41
Just a thought for ya...

Does NJ try and trade Severson to TML in-season/TDL (to fill the Muzz-hole)?
OR
NJ rides him all the way into playoffs (up-for-grab-East) and then to UFA freedom??

It's a tough question.

I think they keep him for the season and playoffs (hopefully). Right now the Devils are looking good and they're not gonna give up on a roster player. I mean, he's not gonna bring a 1st Round pick anyway, right? I think the Leafs want/need 2-way guy like Muzzin to replace Muzzin. And I have no idea who that's gonna be.
McGruff a aimé ceci.
15 nov. 2022 à 23 h 46
EklundCelebriniSmith

JC:
In the NHL playoffs - sometimes your talent means you are a hyper-focus for the opponents white board - you take it/suck it up/encourage it even. However, your teammates thus merrily fill the boxscore that is topped by a "W"-Header[/quote]

Fair point. And Carter has the traits of a hall of famer. I can’t knock the dude in a negative light. As a dude, he’s everything you wanted on those LA Cup runs. Ice in his veins. I guess I’m criticizing his points too much.

Jumbo Joe is going in before Carter tho in my book every day of the week. Carters not a top priority on my list.
McGruff a aimé ceci.
15 nov. 2022 à 23 h 46
IMO

Karlsson
11.5m is impossible to move

9.5m is affordable if the Sharks are accepting a bad contract in return.
- I find Tyler Myers a very suitable conversation point. Let’s not even talk about Vancouver and just use Myers as a example.

For

Myers (dead weight)
Prospect

9.5 is a little expensive for Karl with the term, but his current play paired with his somewhat fair and often over criticized past few years would see 9.5 as a tough pillow to swallow but again acceptable.

So I would say if you’re moving Myers, a prospect like (B level) Lysell, maybe a 2nd+ (conditions in play) I would say both teams aren’t jumping for joy but both teams aren’t upset with the trade. So almost a happy middle ground?

Now once you start getting below 9 is where I’d say SJS should be looking to gouge someone’s eyes out and run.

7.5-8.5m (would require Arizona helping with retention) Karlsson becomes an EXTREMELY enticing piece to I would say just about every single team in the league who wants to win NOW. And again if he’s being swapped out for (example) Myers type anchors; you’re going to see a handsome return imo. We aren’t talking Stutzle, Norris, Demelo, Tierney, Balcers etc etc etc but it’s going to be incredibly dumb to trade Karlsson at that price tag without seeing an A level prospect and a 1st arguably in this draft.

Yotes traded OEL at 8M AAV? They took a bad contract in return, too (if I remember correctly). It sounds like a 3rd team would probably be involved, but it sounds possible. A month ago it sounded beyond impossible. Making progress from a Sharks perspective. I would love to see what he can do on a good team. He was so great with the Sens before the injury.
15 nov. 2022 à 23 h 50
GM CRIME DAWG
IMO

Karlsson
11.5m is impossible to move

9.5m is affordable if the Sharks are accepting a bad contract in return.

For

Myers (dead weight)
Prospect

7.5-8.5m (would require Arizona helping with retention) Karlsson becomes an EXTREMELY enticing piece to I would say just about every single team in the league who wants to win NOW. And again if he’s being swapped out for (example) Myers type anchors; you’re going to see a handsome return imo. We aren’t talking Stutzle, Norris, Demelo, Tierney, Balcers etc etc etc but it’s going to be incredibly dumb to trade Karlsson at that price tag without seeing an A level prospect and a 1st arguably in this draft.

Who are some of the teams you think are emerging for his talent?
Would think EK would only sign w/ clubs in #1 to #15 standing currently - no?

Can he go to EDM - please LOL!!
YTD Standings
1 Boston
2 New Jersey
3 Vegas
4 NY Islanders
5 Carolina
6 Toronto
7 Los Angeles
8 Dallas
9 Winnipeg
10 Florida
11 Seattle
12 Tampa Bay
13 NY Rangers
14 Edmonton
15 Colorado
15 nov. 2022 à 23 h 51

JC:
In the NHL playoffs - sometimes your talent means you are a hyper-focus for the opponents white board - you take it/suck it up/encourage it even. However, your teammates thus merrily fill the boxscore that is topped by a "W"-Header[/quote]

What's the main criteria for getting into the HOF? Is it enough to say that the player on question is better/more deserving than the worst player in the HOF? I've been pushing for Patrik Elias. No major awards, but he was the Devils best offensive player in their 40 year history and he won 2 Cups. He also scored over 400G and 1,000 points. You can m make a strong case for guys, but playoff success is huge in my book.
McGruff et yikes a aimé ceci.
15 nov. 2022 à 23 h 52
GM CRIME DAWG
Yotes traded OEL at 8M AAV? They took a bad contract in return, too (if I remember correctly). It sounds like a 3rd team would probably be involved, but it sounds possible. A month ago it sounded beyond impossible. Making progress from a Sharks perspective. I would love to see what he can do on a good team. He was so great with the Sens before the injury.

I think the third "poverty' club can help broker the deal 110%
Brian2016 et yikes a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2022 à 0 h 2
GM CRIME DAWG
JC:
In the NHL playoffs - sometimes your talent means you are a hyper-focus for the opponents white board - you take it/suck it up/encourage it even. However, your teammates thus merrily fill the boxscore that is topped by a "W"-Header

What's the main criteria for getting into the HOF? Is it enough to say that the player on question is better/more deserving than the worst player in the HOF? I've been pushing for Patrik Elias. No major awards, but he was the Devils best offensive player in their 40 year history and he won 2 Cups. He also scored over 400G and 1,000 points. You can m make a strong case for guys, but playoff success is huge in my book.[/quote]

Yeah, he's the typical bubble guy like Roenick, K Tkachuk, Mogilny??, Turgeon, Damphousse, Ferraro etc etc.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2022 à 0 h 3
EklundCelebriniSmith
Who are some of the teams you think are emerging for his talent?
Would think EK would only sign w/ clubs in #1 to #15 standing currently - no?

Can he go to EDM - please LOL!!
YTD Standings
1 Boston
2 New Jersey
3 Vegas
4 NY Islanders
5 Carolina
6 Toronto
7 Los Angeles
8 Dallas
9 Winnipeg
10 Florida
11 Seattle
12 Tampa Bay
13 NY Rangers
14 Edmonton
15 Colorado

1 Boston
****inWAGON if they went all in. I see this as a YES from EK and a straight gangster trade by Boston. You’re absolutely doing what I said was dumb a few days ago and trading Lysell here. And you’re definitely losing your 2023 first here, plus more plus massive retention is needed on EK65. It’s so stupid IT JUST MIGHT WORK. I’m going Boston to win the cup on Bet365 if they did it.

2 New Jersey
No fit.

3 Vegas
Greedy ****s.
Don’t see it working tho.

4 NY Islanders
is Lou really gonna pull the trigger here on this big of a blockbuster? I don’t think so.

5 Carolina
First Burns now Karl? Have you no shame Waddell?
No fit tho.

6 Toronto
Wagon. See what I said about Boston. But also - the Leafs are cursed so..

7 Los Angeles
I’d be shocked to see Karlsson traded to their division rival.
Not fit tho and no money. They got Doughty.

8 Dallas
No fit.

9 Winnipeg
Karlsson ain’t waiving for the Peg.

10 Florida
I mean we’re talking moving Bob here but honestly I want Lundell if they’re calling me to take Bob on and trade Karlsson. And idk if they’d pay up. Or maybe Grier would accept ****in Denisenko by himself and then I’d be left in SHAMBLES.

Pause; if Grier DOESNT gouge ANYONES eyes out ima be in shambles.

11 Seattle
Wright for Karl straight up.

12 Tampa Bay
See Boston. Gangster move. But Tampas broke. No fit.

13 NY Rangers
No fit.

14 Edmonton
Karlsson (7.5m) Reimer for Campbell, one other anchor, and Xavier B plus some picks????? Don’t get me fired up. Massive blockbuster here, straight baller move. Too hard to conceive but my god the cups won imo.

15 Colorado
No fit.
McGruff, Tintin et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2022 à 0 h 5
GM CRIME DAWG
Modifié 16 nov. 2022 à 0 h 30
1 Boston
****inWAGON if they went all in. I see this as a YES from EK and a straight gangster trade by Boston. You’re absolutely doing what I said was dumb a few days ago and trading Lysell here. And you’re definitely losing your 2023 first here, plus more plus massive retention is needed on EK65. It’s so stupid IT JUST MIGHT WORK. I’m going Boston to win the cup on Bet365 if they did it.

2 New Jersey
No fit.

3 Vegas
Greedy ****s.
Don’t see it working tho.

4 NY Islanders
is Lou really gonna pull the trigger here on this big of a blockbuster? I don’t think so.

5 Carolina
First Burns now Karl? Have you no shame Waddell?
No fit tho.

6 Toronto
Wagon. See what I said about Boston. But also - the Leafs are cursed so..

7 Los Angeles
I’d be shocked to see Karlsson traded to their division rival.
Not fit tho and no money. They got Doughty.

8 Dallas
No fit.

9 Winnipeg
Karlsson ain’t waiving for the Peg.

10 Florida
I mean we’re talking moving Bob here but honestly I want Lundell if they’re calling me to take Bob on and trade Karlsson. And idk if they’d pay up. Or maybe Grier would accept ****in Denisenko by himself and then I’d be left in SHAMBLES.

Pause; if Grier DOESNT gouge ANYONES eyes out ima be in shambles.

11 Seattle
Wright for Karl straight up.

12 Tampa Bay
See Boston. Gangster move. But Tampas broke. No fit.

13 NY Rangers
No fit.

14 Edmonton
Karlsson (7.5m) Reimer for Campbell, one other anchor, and Xavier B plus some picks????? Don’t get me fired up. Massive blockbuster here, straight baller move. Too hard to conceive but my god the cups won imo.

15 Colorado
No fit.

Said it last week - this site needs a 'double' like button - MODs chop-chop!!
ha ha
yikes a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2022 à 0 h 47
GM CRIME DAWG
Modifié 16 nov. 2022 à 0 h 53
UFA Bertuzzi - cough cough, take the OT loss!

PS: DET has a s*it tonne of UFAs - ol' Stevie Y gonna earn his paycheck in the near future.....................
16 nov. 2022 à 7 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293

I mean, it’s a bit early for that, especially when he’s a very good player and right now CBJ’s injured to hell and back
16 nov. 2022 à 8 h 46
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 15

Jackets win, 5-4 in overtime over the Philadelphia Flyers.

-Elvis Merzlikins starts in net tonight for the first time in forever, and I can’t help but notice that ESPN spelled his name “Elivs”. And you wonder why people don’t like ESPN…

-I’ve noticed a pattern: When Korpi is in net, we put up more of a fight on defense, and have the puck more. With Elvis in net, we make his life a living hell, not getting it out of our zone, and giving up more goals. I don’t understand; shouldn’t you put the same effort in regardless of goaltender?

-Gaudreau, to Sillinger, but Cahtah Haht makes the save. That was good stuff from a goalie I like to see.

-Okay, since when has Carter Hart become Georges Vezina? He should not be making these saves on shots that any other goalie couldn’t stop.

-The 4th line catches the Flyers on a line change and Sean puts the puck past Hart to put us up by one! That’s the best fourth line in hockey right there.

-The first period was really a snoozefest other than that. I like this play so far, but I expect the Flyers to adapt and start playing better in the second.

-Former Blue Jacket Lukas Sedlak gets shoved by Guddy directly into Elvis, which looked pretty scary. Guddy’s off to the box for interference.

-Owen Tippett gets sent to tune box for tripping up Robbie. 4-On-4 Hockey Time.

-As the 4-on-4 gives way to a CBJ PP, Kent Johnson takes a shot that Captain Boone drive-by tips past Hart to put us up 2-0.

-…are you serious. Jake Bean heads back to the dressing room with an apparent injury, and then about a minute later, we give up a goal. Is… is injuring players really a viable way to win a game? Why haven’t we been doing this?

-Oh, for Christ’s sake, Noah Cates ties the game up. Elvis seemed hurt after a mix up with a rut, and I think that’s why he gave that one up.

-Yep, Elvis has left the building. He wasn’t putting any weight on that leg as he was escorted off the ice. In comes Qui-Gon Jinn in a relief effort. Can we catch a break? Please?

-He looked good for his time in net before the period ends, and the rest of the second period was… uneventful.

-Travis Konecny makes a gonzo pass, El Capitan finds himself on a breakaway, and BURIES IT behind Hart. Up by one again!

-Thirteen seconds later, Eric Robinson buries the puck behind Cart to put us up by two! I like this.

-…the bubonic plague has officially hit. Andrew Peeke’s hurt now. Who the hell do we have to call up, Billy Sweezey? I don’t want to bring in Jiricek because I want to let him slide, but he might be our only option.

-Brendan Gaunce gets sent off for a weak slashing charge (I don’t respect the f*ckin referees) and that leads to a Flyers goal to tie the game. I hate life.

-Emil Bemstrom takes a wide open shot, but Carter “The Hitman” Hart makes a very impressive lateral-movement save. I think that was our last great chance, we’re off to overtime.

-Silli, to Chinny, to Gavi, tic, tac, toe, BURIES IT on a 3-on-1 to send us home! Vlad the Impaler, you rockstar!

-I’m happy we won, but in my mind this is a Pyrrhic victory. We lost our only healthy power play quarterback, and more importantly, our King. I hope they all come back soon.
Tintin et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2022 à 8 h 56
me wan da poonani
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,243
Quoting: Bobcat205
Who the hell do we have to call up, Billy Sweezey?

Methinks there's a russian RD falling out of favour with his fanbase in the Canadian capital city available for trade.
Put in a call to uncle Dorion why don't ya?
Bobcat205 et Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2022 à 9 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293

Who the hell do we have to call up, Billy Sweezey? I don’t want to bring in Jiricek because I want to let him slide, but he might be our only option.

I'm thinking Jiricek for a couple games ( he's only played 2 games, a couple more wont hurt his slide eligibility ) then hope Boqvist is back/sign Jason Demers or someone else to be a stopgap
16 nov. 2022 à 9 h 56
Kansler
Mentions "j'aime": 228
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I'm thinking Jiricek for a couple games ( he's only played 2 games, a couple more wont hurt his slide eligibility ) then hope Boqvist is back/sign Jason Demers or someone else to be a stopgap

Is Jiricek LD? Just took Bjork into my fantasyteam thinking he will get to play a lot, perhaps even some PPtime. Then started thinking as +/- counts: Is it possible he has to play with Gudbranson? I that case might have to reconcider grin
16 nov. 2022 à 10 h 23
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
-Elvis Merzlikins starts in net tonight for the first time in forever, and I can’t help but notice that ESPN spelled his name “Elivs”. And you wonder why people don’t like ESPN…

elivs.jpg

I'm not kidding.

EDIT: THEY EVEN GOT HIS NUMBER WRONG OH MY GOD
NoVaSpartan, zk97, BuFfaLOFaN and 2 others a aimé ceci.
16 nov. 2022 à 10 h 26
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,707
elivs.jpg

I'm not kidding.

There's something about teams/broadcasts not knowing how to spell player's names this year, it feels like its happening more than normal. Who turned off spellcheck for the NHL????

(My Favorite from this year, if I can find an image of it, was the Caps own stadium graphics giving spotlight player to one "Nic Down")
capsfan2121, Bobcat205, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage