Forums/Armchair-GM

Gallagher Anderson overpaid

Créé par: OlegP
Équipe: 2022-23 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 12 nov. 2022
Publié: 12 nov. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
So what? You overpay in some areas to build on others. That is called a luxury. Imagine being a billionaire and not paying for a Ferrari because you get better gas mileage on a Honda Civic. That is how many here think. Anderson is a Ferrari. Ondrej Kase is a Honda Civic.

They arent trading Anderson. Charts dont play on the ice, these analytics teams without actual hard work and determination never work, imagine a team with a bunch of Ondrej Kase on the squad! Anderson's at his age and pedigree you don't find. Even trading for a 1st doesn't replace his motor and leadership in the lineup. Besides the fact, he loves playing in Montreal. You see it on the ice with guys like Gallagher and Anderson rubbing off on Caufield hitting players like Tyler Myers and causing turnovers that lead to goals. Something many here that havent played the game and would sit out with a hangnail cant comprehend.
Transactions
COL
  1. Drouin, Jonathan (2 750 000 $ retained)
  2. Edmundson, Joel
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (MTL)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de PIT
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $74 890 832 $1 132 500 $5 277 500 $7 609 168 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 8
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 4
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
UFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
AD, AG
RFA - 3
6 375 000 $6 375 000 $
C, AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance507 500 $$508K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
828 333 $828 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 5
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 4
766 667 $766 667 $
DD
UFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
880 833 $880 833 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
12 nov. 2022 à 11 h 44
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
Only problem is Anderson is NOT a Ferrari, not even close.
NJDevils1317, JAKE6, coga16 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2022 à 11 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,299
Quoting: GMBL

Obviously. It takes outlandish statements though here to make a point! Trading Anderson would just mean once the team is ready to contend, they'd be looking for another Anderson.
GMBL a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2022 à 11 h 48
Quoting: OlegP
Obviously. It takes outlandish statements though here to make a point!

Even in the context of the team though, I don't think he's as important as Gallagher. Perhaps he does bring a more physical mentality to the line up, however, I do think he's replaceable.
OlegP a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2022 à 11 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Even in the context of the team though, I don't think he's as important as Gallagher. Perhaps he does bring a more physical mentality to the line up, however, I do think he's replaceable.

Gallagher is the most egregious example though. Ppl here really think hes a cap dump. He will never ever be traded, it would be a disaster for the locker room. Its laughable how clueless so many ppl here are with their charts and the JFRESH cult. I dont see how you replace him! They have so many young players in the lineup. You see how Xhekaj rubs off on Slafkovsky giving him so much freedom to run around on the ice meanwhile you have players like Wright that look sacred as hell
12 nov. 2022 à 11 h 51
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,131
Modifié 12 nov. 2022 à 11 h 56

Hes closer to a Soccer mom mobile that you paid $85k for and realized it had bad breaks and max speed of 45mph.

But the dealer glued a Ferrari icon on it and convinced themselves it's a Ferrari...
MeetYourMakar a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2022 à 11 h 55
Modifié 12 nov. 2022 à 12 h 5
Gallagher is the most egregious example though. Ppl here really think hes a cap dump. Its laughable how clueless so ppl here are with their charts and JFRESH cult

It has more to do with the cap squeeze, and how teams with cap space are weaponizing cap space more than analytics. So when there are players doing the same for less, those players look like cap dumps/overpaid (which they are relatively).
OlegP a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2022 à 11 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Banni
It has more to do with the cap squeeze, and how teams with cap space are weaponizing cap space more than analytics. So when there are players doing the same for less, those players look like cap dumps/overpaid (which they are relatively).

Of course. That is a reality that is hard to ignore but the reality of other teams that value a cap hit at Gallagher's number and the Habs value of Gallagher are NOT one and the same. That again comes down to the idea of a luxury. The Habs have the luxury of having a Gallagher and Anderson on their team. Same as a Ferrari for a person that makes a middle income salary compared to a higher earner. That higher earner may also need the Ferrari for image, say that person is a real estate investor. Same as the Habs, MTL need these two players to grow their culture with so many young players under 23.
GMBL a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2022 à 11 h 57
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,425

He's a Fiero is what the OP meant to say I think
MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2022 à 12 h 3
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 11,372

mans is closer to that Honda Civic
12 nov. 2022 à 12 h 5
NoQuitInNewYork
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 743
Quoting: GeneralLandro

True
12 nov. 2022 à 12 h 5
Of course. That is a reality that is hard to ignore but the reality of other teams that value a cap hit at Gallagher's number and the Habs value of Gallagher are NOT one and the same

I agree but that's just the perception from rebuilding teams, even guys who are good and are 28-32 with a larger cap hit 4-5m from different teams are considered cap dumps by fan of rebuilders.
I remember that I suggested that Vegas trade William Karlsson at 4.5mx5 to Detroit since I saw that Yzerman said he plans to be active in FA and that they are looking to compete. Some Detroit fans tried to tell me it was going to cost Vegas assets to dump him, and I was arguing that at 4.5m that's a pretty reasonable cap hit, and he's an amazing playoff performance. FA comes and Yzerman signs Andrew Copp for 5.625mx5 and he's just a year younger.

So I think the issue more has to do with the overvaluing of cap space. I get what GMs of rebuilders are trying to do, but the fans take it to another level and just want to clear cap or save cap for no reason but for the potential of gaining assets.
OlegP a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2022 à 12 h 8
Quoting: NJDevils1317
Hes closer to a Soccer mom mobile that you paid $85k for and realized it had bad breaks and max speed of 45mph.

But the dealer glued a Ferrari icon on it and convinced themselves it's a Ferrari...

Quoting: MeetYourMakar
He's a Fiero is what the OP meant to say I think

Quoting: GeneralLandro

Quoting: Scooter81
True

tears of joy

Nah, the OP means for the Habs Anderson is like a Ferrari (although I don't agree). He's not saying that other teams would be lucky to have him and the small price of a 1st round pick.
OlegP a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2022 à 12 h 10
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Avalanche built their team on analytics - I’d say that worked out well for them. Toews, Nichushkin, Lehkonen etc..

They would have no interest in Drouin or Edmundson
coga16, Xqb15a et turtlemountain a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2022 à 12 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Banni
tears of joy

Nah, the OP means for the Habs Anderson is like a Ferrari (although I don't agree). He's not saying that other teams would be lucky to have him and the small price of a 1st round pick.

I literally said he's overpaid BUT so what?! He's not a problem on the Habs thus teams wouldn't be doing them a favour by receiving his contract. But most ppl have tunnel vision here and cant see the other side which is why every trade offer 99.9% of the time is called a rip off from both sides.
GMBL a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2022 à 12 h 13
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
tears of joy

Anderson is more like a riced out Honda Accord with no turning radius
12 nov. 2022 à 12 h 15
RETIRED
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,481
Not even Anderson thinks Anderson is a Ferrari lol
Keep dreaming on that trade btw.
coga16 et turtlemountain a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2022 à 12 h 16
I literally said he's overpaid BUT so what?! He's not a problem on the Habs thus teams wouldn't be doing them a favour by receiving his contract. But most ppl have tunnel vision here and cant see the other side which is why every trade offer 99.9% of the time is called a rip off from both sides.

Not everyone reads the description, so perhaps they assumed from the title this was a typical "Anderson is worth a ton" ACGM thread but you're specifically talking about the value he brings to the Habs. Or maybe they just have it out for Anderson.

It's normal to have first assumptions about things, but that's why discussion is important.
OlegP a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2022 à 12 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Not everyone reads the description, so perhaps they assumed from the title this was a typical "Anderson is worth a ton" ACGM thread but you're specifically talking about the value he brings to the Habs. Or maybe they just have it out for Anderson.

It's normal to have first assumptions about things, but that's why discussion is important.

Exactly.

Same for Girard. He's valuable but the Avs certainly cant afford him. He's not a luxury they can afford any longer. It will be a choice between him and Byram next season especially when they need center help in the 2 hole.
By getting a draft pick and secondary scoring along with a legit playoff performer like Edmundson with massive respect in the league would do them wonders though Girard is clearly the best player in the trade, they dont NEED him, they need stability and cost certainty which the lower cap hit next season provides so they can fill gaps in the roster for the bottom 6. This should be the goal of a trade helping BOTH teams! Trading Anderson by dumping his deal does not help the Habs, it actively hurts the development of their youth when you have guys like Suzuki/Caufield/Dach helping the team ALL under 23 yrs of age along with so many pieces on defense. Guhle clearly is going to be a leader on this team.

Edmundson's worth was not questioned before the season but the emergence of Guhle and Suzuki while not being affected by the captaincy makes Edmundson replaceable with so many LHD coming. Anderson isnt replaceable on this team YET, they still lack size in the top9 and Josh shouldnt be included in any offers unless its a massive overpay though as we saw with Lehkonen whos missed badly as a puck retriever, could come back to bite them!
12 nov. 2022 à 12 h 55
Exactly.

Same for Girard. He's valuable but the Avs certainly cant afford him. He's not a luxury they can afford any longer. It will be a choice between him and Byram next season especially when they need center help in the 2 hole.
By getting a draft pick and secondary scoring along with a legit playoff performer like Edmundson with massive respect in the league would do them wonders though Girard is clearly the best player in the trade, they dont NEED him, they need stability and cost certainty which the lower cap hit next season provides so they can fill gaps in the roster for the bottom 6. This should be the goal of a trade helping BOTH teams! Trading Anderson by dumping his deal does not help the Habs, it actively hurts the development of their youth when you have guys like Suzuki/Caufield/Dach helping the team ALL under 23 yrs of age along with so many pieces on defense. Guhle clearly is going to be a leader on this team.

Edmundson's worth was not questioned before the season but the emergence of Guhle and Suzuki while not being affected by the captaincy makes Edmundson replaceable with so many LHD coming. Anderson isnt replaceable on this team YET, they still lack size in the top9 and Josh shouldnt be included in any offers unless its a massive overpay though as we saw with Lehkonen whos missed badly as a puck retriever, could come back to bite them!

Hokay so, Girard will not hinder Byram's extention. He can be bridged or given a 7x8. Toews resigning is the only issue but the cap will increase and it still maybe doable. Depends on if he wants closer to 7 or 10m. Girard is too valuable to be made expendable because of his low cap hit will be nearly impossible to replace unless Guhle(or similar rfa) is coming back. You cant replace a 2nd pair lhd/rd and a 2c for 5m. You can keep the broken toys.
Lehky wasn't a massive overpay because the Avs knew Barron wasn't going to be ready for a few years. Overpay at the moment but your right, it burned the Habs in the end.
Xqb15a a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2022 à 13 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: MeetYourMakar
Hokay so, Girard will not hinder Byram's extention. He can be bridged or given a 7x8. Toews resigning is the only issue but the cap will increase and it still maybe doable. Depends on if he wants closer to 7 or 10m. Girard is too valuable to be made expendable because of his low cap hit will be nearly impossible to replace unless Guhle(or similar rfa) is coming back. You cant replace a 2nd pair lhd/rd and a 2c for 5m. You can keep the broken toys.
Lehky wasn't a massive overpay because the Avs knew Barron wasn't going to be ready for a few years. Overpay at the moment but your right, it burned the Habs in the end.

Nobody thought Lehkonen was an overpay from the Habs side as ppl knew his value. You're making the same mistake, again, saying these are broken toys when Edmundson has a reasonable 3.5M deal til next year and a 2nd round pick is a huge bargaining chip that helped you get Toews in the 1st place! You are counting on a lot of maybes, in your own words, with the cap increasing but in this reality, this year, it aint increasing and you have massive hole in the lineup at center. I'm not claiming Drouin is worth much of anything but hes a dirt cheap option, hell disregard him. Like it or not Girard or another D needs to go! The same as Toews left the Isles for two picks, i dont see how you missed that disconnect. Nobody is paying more than a few picks for Girard.
Edmundson and a high 2nd is certainly comparable.
12 nov. 2022 à 13 h 7
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,893
How does any of that help COL? They take on cap, give up the best player in the deal all for a season Of the oft injured Edmundsen and a second but give up 5 seasons of prime Girard. That’s any easy no. If Drouin has some desire to have a chance to play with MacK COL just waits till the off season and tells him take a 1yr ultra team friendly deal. COL has zero need or desire to move Girard.
12 nov. 2022 à 13 h 17
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 12,187
Nobody thought Lehkonen was an overpay from the Habs side as ppl knew his value. You're making the same mistake, again, saying these are broken toys when Edmundson has a reasonable 3.5M deal til next year and a 2nd round pick is a huge bargaining chip that helped you get Toews in the 1st place! You are counting on a lot of maybes, in your own words, with the cap increasing but in this reality, this year, it aint increasing and you have massive hole in the lineup at center. I'm not claiming Drouin is worth much of anything but hes a dirt cheap option, hell disregard him. Like it or not Girard or another D needs to go! The same as Toews left the Isles for two picks, i dont see how you missed that disconnect. Nobody is paying more than a few picks for Girard.

and how is downgrading on Defence and taking a player who is not very good and a bad fit in Colorado in Drouin solving and of these issues you claim at 2C.
Avs get worse, take on cap, and dont fix what you claim is broken. Right.....avs just cant wait to make this move
12 nov. 2022 à 13 h 32

I can't wait for Festivus, gonna be some airing of grievances George!
12 nov. 2022 à 17 h 45
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,995
What is this garbage lmao. That offer doesn’t even get the Avs to pick up the phone.

Can the Capfriendly mods put a moratorium on these terrible Habs trades where they move mediocre assets for core pieces? It’s getting real tired lol

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage