Forums/Armchair-GM

San Jose Full Fledge Rebuild

Créé par: Lancebmx
Équipe: 2022-23 Sharks de San Jose
Date de création initiale: 7 nov. 2022
Publié: 9 nov. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I was really bored one day so I thought I would do a stupid amount of AGMs based around sharks rebuilding.

Sharks embrace a full 5 year rebuild.

Nashville trade is dependent on if Karlsson would waive, which he might for a chance to compete unless he just wants to play his contract out on a bad team. In this scenario he obviously waives. Nashville has a bunch of defensively sounds defenders and pairing Karlsson with McDonagh could make a nice combo to compliment Josi and Fabbro. For Nashville they only take on one more year of the same cap hit, give up a first which will probably be somewhere in the 20+ range and a good prospect who they have a couple of with Kemmel and Tomasino as examples. Getting Ekholm is the real value since I think he would be desired but teams looking to get better on the back end and I chose Toronto.
If Murray's play isn't up to par when he returns they might be looking to add in net and Reimer has had two decent seasons back to back with a not very good team. He would be a good cheap upgrade for them and I think he might waive for a chance at a cup and he is familiar with Toronto.
Toronto does this as they get to dump Murray, if he's not playing up to par, which would likely cost a first on its own. They get a really good defenceman in Ekholm who should bring some stability to the back end and be a major upgrade on Holl. They upgrade Engvall to Lorentz who I feel is quite a bit better, at least he has better stats and possession numbers that I found, for half the price. The cap hit is only 600,000 more for this year as well so still space for more moves if they desire with Muzzin on LTIR.
I have seen this Jersey trade done a bunch, they get a good top six winger with Meier who agrees to an extension with the trade. Meier has good possession numbers and is actually at a career low shooting percentage. I feel he would be a very effective player playing with Hischier or Hughes, also the Suisse connection with Hischier. Walsh doesn't seem to have a place on this team and Holtz could be expendable with a top six of Meier, Hischier, Hughes, Palat, Mercer and Zetterlund plus the rest of the young players vying for a spot. If Jersey wants to keep Walsh then they would need to swap the 2024 1st for a 2023 1st. Tatar is in the trade for cap purposes, saves San Jose from using a retention slot. He would likely get pushed down to the bottom 6 anyways.
Calgary trade is pretty straight forward, decent top 9 forward with a decent contract, for a decent price. Kunin could for well in Calgary and probably excel with players like Lindholm and Mangiapane. Might even help Mangiapane get going.
For Edmonton they are currently 3rd in the league in goals and 2nd best powerplay. Right now they are 24th for goals against, 27th for shots against and 30th on the penalty kill. Ferraro currently plays on the 2nd best penalty killing team, he will hit and block shots. Plays a nice defensive game, nothing flashy, and would be a nice addition to the D corps in Edmonton. I feel he moves the puck pretty well and he even gets time on the second pp unit. Bonino helps with defensive responsibilities and help a bit with faceoffs in the bottom six. They move on from Barrie which might hurt the pp a bit but I think it would be worth it for an upgrade defensively and Foegele gets to go somewhere for a fresh start and try to increase his value. Barrie can replace Karlsson on the pp. Considering Edmonton went to the conference finals last year I think they could do alot of damage as I feel this team is a bit better.
Anaheim trade is just a replacement for Drysdale.
The Ottawa trade is whatever, Sens can get rid of Zaitsev and wipe their hands of Formenton. Sharks take a risk with Formenton hoping that he will be allowed to play again and also get a decent prospect in Thomson for taking on the deal.
For Pittsburgh they get to move on from Kapanen who isn't really doing much from what I have seen and McGinn. They get Barabonov who I have replacing Kapanen. They have the similar point production right now but Bary has better possession numbers and maybe the Russian factor will come into play of he gets time with Malkin. I have Nieto replacing Mcginn who is much cheaper, around the same size, hits and blocks shots about the same as Mcginn and alot of the stats are the same, he just comes in alot cheaper. Pens get out of McGinn's term which gives them more options next season as well. I don't think moving POJ will hurt them as they have Ty Smith playing in the minors who could easily fill that spot. I sent Harrington as extra D depth since I took one I felt I should replace one.
Tatar trade is too any team for a somewhat similar package. I wouldn't trade him for much less since they could likely get something similar for just retaining on a contract.
Transactions
SJS
  1. Ekholm, Mattias
  2. Evangelista, Luke
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (NSH)
Détails additionnels:
David Poile is no stranger to making big moves with players with big names, and history in Nashville. They aren't off to a great start and maybe a shake up is needed and bring in Karlsson to help with their offence. Both Karlsson and Ekholm are the same age and of San Jose is willing to retain, which I feel they should to maximize value, then they have the same cap hit to each team. Ekholm has no trade protection so he would be the easiest to move. Top prospect and 2023 1st to provide more value to the Sharks, trading Ekholm will maximize the return.
NSH
  1. Karlsson, Erik (5 250 000 $ retained)
SJS
  1. Engvall, Pierre
  2. Holl, Justin
  3. Knies, Matthew [Liste de réserve]
  4. Murray, Matt
  5. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
  6. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (TOR)
Détails additionnels:
If Murray struggles when he comes back, I'm sure he would be open for a move to a California team where he can play out his contract with no pressure to try and revitalize his career.
Every Toronto fan wants to move Holl and Engvall so they are in there for cap purposes.
Knies is a good prospect coming to San Jose and both firsts have no protection.
TOR
  1. Ekholm, Mattias
  2. Lorentz, Steven
Détails additionnels:
Toronto adds some good veteran stability on the back end with Ekholm. Add a decent veteran they are familiar with, if Reimer waves which I feel he would for a chance at a cup again. They also get Lorentz who I feel is a cheaper upgrade to Engvall. Dubas last effort to get this team to the next level. Cap next season shouldn't be too much of an issue if it goes up a couple million.
SJS
  1. Holtz, Alexander
  2. Tatar, Tomas
  3. Walsh, Reilly
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (NJD)
Détails additionnels:
Holtz as a top prospect who I guess is close with Eklund. Tatar to make the money work as I feel players like Zetterlund, Haula and Boqvist have proved to be fairly effective players. Take away Walsh and make it a 2023 1st.
NJD
  1. Meier, Timo
Détails additionnels:
Meier comes with 8x8.25 extension.
SJS
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (CGY)
CGY
  1. Kunin, Luke
Détails additionnels:
Top 9 forward addition with upside for the Flames. Gives them more forward depth to go into the playoffs. They should have the cap space by the deadline, next season they might have to figure something out.
SJS
TOR
  1. Reimer, James
Détails additionnels:
Forgot to add to the Toronto trade and didn't want to redo it.
SJS
  1. Barrie, Tyson
  2. Broberg, Philip
  3. Foegele, Warren
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
I don't necessarily consider Barrie and Foegele to be negative assets but Barrie seems like he isn't as necessary anymore. I do feel he is better for the powerplay and hasn't played awful but Bouchard and Nurse can fill the hole on the powerplay, considering how much fire power they have it shouldn't be that much of an issue. Foegele can get a fresh start and maybe try to revitalize his play and the Sharks can trade both next deadline for more assets possibly. Losing Broberg would be tough but getting a nice defensively sound top 4 LD who is signed for 4 years could make the loss not as tough.
EDM
  1. Bonino, Nick
  2. Ferraro, Mario
Détails additionnels:
Bonino can help out with penalty killing and faceoffs. 52.3% so far this season on draws is better than all the Oilers bottom 6 players who are all below 50%. Bonino also plays a very sound defensive game and has received Selke votes in the past. Oilers have a bunch of offence but need a bit more help in front of the goaltenders in my opinion.
Not sure if the value is good for San Jose on this one but Broberg his highly coveted and I think that holds alot of weight. 2023 1st, even though likely after 24th overall, is still a really strong piece.
SJS
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2023 (ANA)
SJS
  1. Formenton, Alex [Droits de RFA]
  2. Thomson, Lassi
  3. Zaitsev, Nikita
Détails additionnels:
Ottawa gets to move on from Zaitsev and Formenton, just moving past the possible drama, at the cost of Thomson.
OTT
SJS
  1. Joseph, Pierre-Olivier
  2. Kapanen, Kasperi
  3. McGinn, Brock
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (PIT)
Détails additionnels:
Pittsburgh gets a bit of an upgrade to their bottom 6 and a depth defenceman along with 2.675M of extra cap space for the cost of POJ and a second. This gives Smith the opportunity I feel he deserves.
PIT
  1. Barabanov, Alexander
  2. Harrington, Scott
  3. Nieto, Matt
Détails additionnels:
Sharks get a young defenceman who I feel hasn't had the best opportunity with the Pens who could blossom into a top 4 player for them.
SJS
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (WSH)
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2025 (WSH)
Détails additionnels:
Doesn't have to be Washington but any team needing a winger at the deadline. I just chose Washington right now since they have a few injuries and might need to add a cheaper option to play in the top 6.
WSH
  1. Tatar, Tomas (2 250 000 $ retained)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de SJS
Logo de NSH
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de CGY
Logo de PIT
Logo de CAR
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de CBJ
Logo de SJS
Logo de ANA
Logo de SJS
Logo de VAN
Logo de SJS
Logo de NJD
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de WSH
Logo de VGK
Logo de SJS
Logo de COL
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de TOR
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de WSH
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $80 895 001 $0 $250 000 $1 604 999 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
4 725 000 $4 725 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 3
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
850 000 $850 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance250 000 $$250K)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 nov. 2022 à 16 h 9
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,565
I'd be pretty tempted by that EDM deal. That being said, not sure I'd do it.
9 nov. 2022 à 16 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,047
Quoting: SupremeBone
I'd be pretty tempted by that EDM deal. That being said, not sure I'd do it.

I feel if most people are undecided on it, means it's a pretty decent deal. If Ferraro was a free agent then it would likely be an easy no but with 4 years at a decent cap hit I think it makes it good.
9 nov. 2022 à 16 h 24
CustomVan92
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 58
Toronto deal is terrible. 2 firsts, 2 servicable player (Not extreme cap dumps), and our top prospect for a decent goaltender, a decent defenceman THAT WE COULD JUST TRADE FOR OURSELVES, and a 4th line center. Knies is aboslutly only being traded for a star player. He is NGL ready and will likely come to the team as soon as the NCAA season is over. Please be realistic next time when making a trade.
9 nov. 2022 à 16 h 24
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,565
Quoting: Lancebmx
I feel if most people are undecided on it, means it's a pretty decent deal. If Ferraro was a free agent then it would likely be an easy no but with 4 years at a decent cap hit I think it makes it good.

While a 2LD at 3.25mil for 4 years is really appealing, the fact that it pretty much solves next year's cap difficulties is almost just as big of a sell. The only difficulty is including both Broberg and the 2023 1st. If it was the 2024 1st, it'd be an easy sell for me.
9 nov. 2022 à 16 h 45
Future GM
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 434
Would you take Shaefer or Bourgault instead of Broberg?
9 nov. 2022 à 16 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: customvan92
Toronto deal is terrible. 2 firsts, 2 servicable player (Not extreme cap dumps), and our top prospect for a decent goaltender, a decent defenceman THAT WE COULD JUST TRADE FOR OURSELVES, and a 4th line center. Knies is aboslutly only being traded for a star player. He is NGL ready and will likely come to the team as soon as the NCAA season is over. Please be realistic next time when making a trade.

You could not trade for Ekholm yourselves since the only reason he is dealt is for Karlsson in this scenario. Nashville wouldn't trade to become a way worse team and they wouldn't be taking Murray. Holl is fine as a third pairing guy and the only reason he is in there is for cap purposes. Engvall at 2.25M is not really worth it which is why I upgraded him to Lorentz for half the cap hit. You don't have to like it but this I would see as a desperate move by Dubas to try and take this team to the next level.
9 nov. 2022 à 16 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: SupremeBone
While a 2LD at 3.25mil for 4 years is really appealing, the fact that it pretty much solves next year's cap difficulties is almost just as big of a sell. The only difficulty is including both Broberg and the 2023 1st. If it was the 2024 1st, it'd be an easy sell for me.

Means we aren't far off of me and you were negotiating this trade. Would prefer a first this year which I pegged as picking 31st in my San Jose AGM for next season.
SupremeBone a aimé ceci.
9 nov. 2022 à 16 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: FilthyMitts05
Would you take Shaefer or Bourgault instead of Broberg?

Possibly. I chose Broberg for 3 reasons. First off he is close to of not already NHL ready. Second is San Jose doesn't really have a deep defensive prospect pool, now I'll be the first to admit since I'm not a sharks fan in not totally familiar with their farm system but what I researched doesn't show alot of strength there. Where as they have players like Eklund, Bordeleau, Coe, Weisblatt, Robins and more but alot of their defence is meh. Third reason is he is likely a top 4 guy and having Nurse and Ferraro there would block him and he would be relugated to third pair minutes and that already puts Kulak on his off side. I felt that they could draft and develop a couple players within the term Ferraro has left to eventually replace him if needed.
FilthyMitts05 a aimé ceci.
9 nov. 2022 à 16 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 689
Too much given up by the devils. 1st if you want salary to even out, it’s Johnsson, not the guy who has 8 points in last 8 games. 2. Walsh is not good enough for a 2023 1st round pick but he’s also to good to throw into this deal. The pick also needs protection
Tintin a aimé ceci.
9 nov. 2022 à 17 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: KDev
Too much given up by the devils. 1st if you want salary to even out, it’s Johnsson, not the guy who has 8 points in last 8 games. 2. Walsh is not good enough for a 2023 1st round pick but he’s also to good to throw into this deal. The pick also needs protection

You mean 8 points in 13 games? I understand he's been playing decent this year but he is a career 50 point guy. I also like Tatar as well so I'm not trying to bash him, I was a bit sad to see him traded out of Detroit but that return was really good. I just feel with him being a UFA and Meier likely taking his spot that it would be best if he was the one on the move. Also I moved Johnsson to Winnipeg anyways in another deal. I might have misworded my meaning on Walsh or the 2023 1st. I meant it as if you take Walsh out the pick changes to 2023. Also top 10 protection would be just fine by me on the 2024 1st.
9 nov. 2022 à 22 h 27
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 999
Quoting: customvan92

You called Murray, Engvall and Holl --serviceable players. I think you need to follow your own advice
10 nov. 2022 à 3 h 56
do not Devil my ass
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,248
Devils shouldn't go anywhere near this.
Perceiving Tatar as a cap dump might've been alright in the summer but 12 games or so into the season he seems to be outplaying Meier.
That of course pales in comparison to the gross amount of futures you're suggesting accompanying Tuna in the trade.
Holtz alone should cover most, if not all, of Meier's trade value.
The trade comps to use for Meier aren't Eichel's return, it's that of Fiala and Stone.
10 nov. 2022 à 6 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Tintin
Devils shouldn't go anywhere near this.
Perceiving Tatar as a cap dump might've been alright in the summer but 12 games or so into the season he seems to be outplaying Meier.
That of course pales in comparison to the gross amount of futures you're suggesting accompanying Tuna in the trade.
Holtz alone should cover most, if not all, of Meier's trade value.
The trade comps to use for Meier aren't Eichel's return, it's that of Fiala and Stone.

I don't preceive Tatar as a cap dump that he would be negative value, just put him in the trade to send cap back. Also if Meier would be acquired that would bump him likely down to third line duties. Basically I was just sending a roster player black. If they wanted to keep Tatar and get retention on Meier that's fine too, might not even be needed since when I did the NJ team I traded Johnsson and Severson. Looking at those two trades and I don't think it would be ridiculous to change the 1st to a second going on your advice of stone and fiala trades. Stone was a top prospect and a 2nd, fiala was a good prospect and 1st. I think Meier is a bit better than fiala but those trades are probably good comparables. I don't give Walsh much value as a 23 year old with only 1 nhl game. The argument could be made that he is being blocked but if they thought he was nhl ready I wonder if they trade for Marino? I don't think he has a future with the big club and is just kind of a throw in so he can get a chance elsewhere.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage