Forums/Armchair-GM

Clogary Flames

Créé par: NHLfan10506
Équipe: 2022-23 Flames de Calgary
Date de création initiale: 6 nov. 2022
Publié: 6 nov. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I am a Devils fan and have watched one Calgary game this year (So by no means an expert on the Flames).

But my impression was that Calgary was slooooow. They appeared more heavy-footed, stuck in defensive shape, clogging up d-zone, but without the speed to counterattack.

I'd bench Ritchie, Lucic. Add a couple of burners.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1800 000 $
Transactions
CGY
  1. Formenton, Alex [Droits de RFA]
PIT
  1. Lewis, Trevor
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (CGY)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de FLA
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $72 612 500 $0 $0 $9 887 500 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Flames de Calgary
5 900 000 $5 900 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 850 000 $4 850 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
2 125 000 $2 125 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
AG
RFA
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 7
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 5
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
AG, AD, C
RFA - 2
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
C
UFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 237 500 $1 237 500 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 4
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
912 500 $912 500 $
DG
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
6 nov. 2022 à 9 h 44
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,510
All the speed is just hyper focused on the 2nd line. That's where the main issue lies. It especially hurts Huberdeau's way of playing since he really doesn't have anyone who he can pass too on breakouts

Having Kylington back would be nice since he is probably the fastest or 2nd fastest skater on the team
NHLfan10506 a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2022 à 10 h 6
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,473
They’re more trying to adapt to playing with each other because this is an almost entirely different team then last year
KingofRnR a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2022 à 10 h 27
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
All the speed is just hyper focused on the 2nd line. That's where the main issue lies. It especially hurts Huberdeau's way of playing since he really doesn't have anyone who he can pass too on breakouts

Having Kylington back would be nice since he is probably the fastest or 2nd fastest skater on the team

Quoting: IconicHawk
They’re more trying to adapt to playing with each other because this is an almost entirely different team then last year

Seems to me that they just need to practice some patience and see how things are once they mesh, perhaps Pelletier or Zary add sometime in the next 2 years. If not, then I'm sure they can add someone in FA in 3 years, maybe William Nylander becomes available, Huberdeau will have no problem sending him breakout passes. Kapanen could be a nice if they can get retention on his contract next year.
6 nov. 2022 à 10 h 31
Quoting: GMBL
Seems to me that they just need to practice some patience and see how things are once they mesh, perhaps Pelletier or Zary add sometime in the next 2 years. If not, then I'm sure they can add someone in FA in 3 years, maybe William Nylander becomes available, Huberdeau will have no problem sending him breakout passes. Kapanen could be a nice if they can get retention on his contract.

Nah it's just not synergistic lines. Realistically Mangiapane shpuld be playing on the 1st line over Toffoli. Really need someone with speed, can score goals, and is a grinder playi g with Huby and Lindy
GMBL a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2022 à 10 h 46
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,716
Alex Formenton is just not available for NHL hockey at the moment.

Future totally unknown, can't be traded

Stop proposing him in ACGMs
GMBL a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2022 à 10 h 48
Modifié 6 nov. 2022 à 10 h 55
Nah it's just not synergistic lines. Realistically Mangiapane shpuld be playing on the 1st line over Toffoli. Really need someone with speed, can score goals, and is a grinder playi g with Huby and Lindy

Yeah, I was thinking that Toffoli would be the one to be replaced on that line with someone faster. I don't see them putting up Mangiapane since they will want him to be producing from the 2nd line. Without him, I think line 2 will be less balanced. Plus, they probably don't want to gift Mangiapane a huge pay raise in 3 years, if he can become 50G scorer without Huberdeau then that's great too.
6 nov. 2022 à 10 h 49
Quoting: Xspyrit
Alex Formenton is just not available for NHL hockey at the moment.

Future totally unknown, can't be traded

Stop proposing him in ACGMs

He could be traded but no one is giving up more than a 2nd rounder but chances are if he's asking or ~3m, no one is going to want to pay that either when things are uncertain.
6 nov. 2022 à 11 h 2
Yeah, I was thinking that Toffoli would be the one to be replaced on that line with someone faster. I don't see them putting up Mangiapane since they will want him to be producing from the 2nd line. Without him, I think line 2 will be less balanced. Plus, they probably don't want to gift Mangiapane a huge pay raise in 3 years, if he can become 50G scorer without Huberdeau then that's great too.

Thats bass akwards thinking. If Mange becomes a 50 goal scorer Calgary will be more than happy to pay him that. Plus Toffoli who can still score would be playing with Kadri on the 2nd line and Dube still provides speed and grit there. Currently there are 3 LHS on the 2nd line and 2 RHS on the 1st. If anything it becomes significantly more balanced
6 nov. 2022 à 11 h 9
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,438
Ottawa accepts.
6 nov. 2022 à 11 h 14
He could be traded but no one is giving up more than a 2nd rounder but chances are if he's asking or ~3m, no one is going to want to pay that either when things are uncertain.

I don't see the point in trading him now for the Sens, unless they knew he was guilty I guess and they'd want to recoup an asset but then how bad would they look? No one would trust them anymore. Pretty bad for business

For any other team, risk is way too high to give anything of value

So that doesn't make sense to even talk about it
GMBL a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2022 à 11 h 15
Modifié 6 nov. 2022 à 11 h 21
Thats bass akwards thinking. If Mange becomes a 50 goal scorer Calgary will be more than happy to pay him that. Plus Toffoli who can still score would be playing with Kadri on the 2nd line and Dube still provides speed and grit there. Currently there are 3 LHS on the 2nd line and 2 RHS on the 1st. If anything it becomes significantly more balanced

I'm not saying they wouldn't be happy to pay him if he becomes a 50 goal scorer, I'm saying they would rather have him do that on line 2 and not because of playing with Huberdeau. I would hope that, they aren't thinking they are making themselves a worse team just to save money. They probably think that Toffoli is a competent enough scorer on line 1, and having Mangiapane on line 2 is more about balancing the skill vs handedness.

If things don't work on the 1st over time then maybe they do promote Mangiapane, but don't be surprised if they don't. Mangiapane improving the 1st line and having crazy production doesn't necessarily make them a better team overall over the next couple of years. The result just might lead to a bigger paycheck. I don't know what kind of management/ownership group the Flames have, but they might see it as a way for them to build a stronger team in the future or they could be indifferent to the situation or they could be more worried about money than winning.
6 nov. 2022 à 11 h 16
I don't see the point in trading him now for the Sens, unless they knew he was guilty I guess and they'd want to recoup an asset but then how bad would they look? No one would trust them anymore. Pretty bad for business

For any other team, risk is way too high to give anything of value

So that doesn't make sense to even talk about it

Yeah, I don't think they will actively shop him, but if someone approaches them, they obviously will know the risk and the acquiring team will have no one to blame but themselves if Formenton is found guilty. Even if he's not guilty, OTT may not be able to afford him in the long-term anyways, so recuperating something with the possibility that he is found guilty may not be a bad thing for them.
6 nov. 2022 à 11 h 20
Yeah, I don't think they will actively shop him, but if someone approaches them, they obviously will know the risk and the acquiring team will have no one to blame but themselves if Formenton is found guilty.

Look at Jake Virtanen last year. Different situation but similar result. No one can hire Formenton until he is cleared so no one is going to trade for him
KingofRnR a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2022 à 11 h 25
Look at Jake Virtanen last year. Different situation but similar result. No one can hire Formenton until he is cleared so no one is going to trade for him

Is Formenton personally being investigated/accused right now? I'm not really up to date on the situation, I thought he was just implicated by deduction.
6 nov. 2022 à 11 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,308

Has someone accused him though? Virtanen was named (and acquitted). I added Formenton simply since he seemed to fit the type of player I was trying to add here. I was completely agnostic to any of the Hockey Canada stuff.
6 nov. 2022 à 11 h 41
Is Formenton personally being investigated/accused right now? I'm not really up to date on the situation, I thought he was just implicated by deduction.

Quoting: NHLfan10506
Has someone accused him though? Virtanen was named (and acquitted). I added Formenton simply since he seemed to fit the type of player I was trying to add here. I was completely agnostic to any of the Hockey Canada stuff.

It's more a "read between the lines thing"

How often do we see a guy potentially making around 2.0 M$ HOLD OUT for a whole season? If anything he should have taken a 1 year prove me contract to start making more

6 nov. 2022 à 11 h 45
It's more a "read between the lines thing"

How often do we see a guy potentially making around 2.0 M$ HOLD OUT for a whole season? If anything he should have taken a 1 year prove me contract to start making more

Yeah, so there could be a desperate team out there, although I don't think CGY is that team who may take the risk, but it's not going to reflect badly on Ott (among the League) for trading him if they are approached. I can't say though that it won't sour relationships with that team, some people are aware and okay with risks until they become reality, then they lay the blame on others.
6 nov. 2022 à 11 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,308
If anything he should have taken a 1 year prove me contract to start making more

It is a 1-year, $800,000 deal.
6 nov. 2022 à 13 h 15
TrevorA
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,831

I think Dube is more deserving of that 1RW spot than Mangiapane right now, but I'm leaning more towards Kadri taking that spot
6 nov. 2022 à 14 h 0
Quoting: KingofRnR
I think Dube is more deserving of that 1RW spot than Mangiapane right now, but I'm leaning more towards Kadri taking that spot

You can lean towards Kadri all you want but Calgary isn't going to throw away theor center depth
6 nov. 2022 à 14 h 20
TrevorA
You can lean towards Kadri all you want but Calgary isn't going to throw away theor center depth

CGY has tons of depth at Centre, what they need is a fast effective winger for the top line to get Huberdeau & Lindholm going and back on track. Mangiapane is not deserving of a spot on the 1st line right now, he needs to earn it with some solid defensive play and offensive production.

Mang, Dube & Coleman are fast and decent puck handlers, but not great passers. Ritchie is Fast but not a good puck handler, passer or finisher. Matthew Phillips & Adam Ruzicka are Fast, Good Passers & Finishers, but won't get the time of day from Sutter.

With 3 D-Men out & injured and Mackey having a bad game, I see him being demoted and CGY calling up Meloche and perhaps DeSimone. Our defense, specifically Hanifin & Andersson, is the biggest issue imo, they haven't been good together since the end of last years regular season. Time to break them up and promote Weegar & Zadorov who have both played better than Hanifin

You wanted Lucic in last night over my recommendation of speed over size. That didn't go too well, he & Rooney both ended up getting benched.

I keep calling for CGY to acquire Fabian Zetterlund & Nathan Bastian, I hope you saw why last night

We're likely not going to agree, but certain guys deserve more opportunity because they're working harder, they're hot or we haven't seen them get an opportunity, whereas others need to be demoted and work themselves back up, since they're not playing up to expectations. If it's not working, you make changes until something does or the fit becomes clear
6 nov. 2022 à 14 h 34
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 903
CGY has tons of depth at Centre, what they need is a fast effective winger for the top line to get Huberdeau & Lindholm going and back on track. Mangiapane is not deserving of a spot on the 1st line right now, he needs to earn it with some solid defensive play and offensive production.

Mang, Dube & Coleman are fast and decent puck handlers, but not great passers. Ritchie is Fast but not a good puck handler, passer or finisher. Matthew Phillips & Adam Ruzicka are Fast, Good Passers & Finishers, but won't get the time of day from Sutter.

With 3 D-Men out & injured and Mackey having a bad game, I see him being demoted and CGY calling up Meloche and perhaps DeSimone. Our defense, specifically Hanifin & Andersson, is the biggest issue imo, they haven't been good together since the end of last years regular season. Time to break them up and promote Weegar & Zadorov who have both played better than Hanifin

You wanted Lucic in last night over my recommendation of speed over size. That didn't go too well, he & Rooney both ended up getting benched.

I keep calling for CGY to acquire Fabian Zetterlund & Nathan Bastian, I hope you saw why last night

We're likely not going to agree, but certain guys deserve more opportunity because they're working harder, they're hot or we haven't seen them get an opportunity, whereas others need to be demoted and work themselves back up, since they're not playing up to expectations. If it's not working, you make changes until something does or the fit becomes clear

Your double standards are hilarious but that’s what happens when you blatantly just don’t know what you’re talking about or are putting together an all time troll job on this website.
How come when Ruzicka had a horrible game he’s still worthy of a top 9 job at a position he’s never played but when Mackey has a bad game against one of the fastest teams in the league and only 5 D men the entire night Calgary needs to bring up 2 guys to fill holes on the back end? Meloche, sure, he was signed to be a bottom pair/ 7th D man but wasting a roster spot for DeSimon?! We are back to peak KignRnR
The fact you said Ruzicka is fast is exactly what I think you’ve gone full circle here and are just trying to troll an entire fan base here.
6 nov. 2022 à 15 h 1
TrevorA
Quoting: yycofred
Your double standards are hilarious but that’s what happens when you blatantly just don’t know what you’re talking about or are putting together an all time troll job on this website.
How come when Ruzicka had a horrible game he’s still worthy of a top 9 job at a position he’s never played but when Mackey has a bad game against one of the fastest teams in the league and only 5 D men the entire night Calgary needs to bring up 2 guys to fill holes on the back end? Meloche, sure, he was signed to be a bottom pair/ 7th D man but wasting a roster spot for DeSimon?! We are back to peak KignRnR
The fact you said Ruzicka is fast is exactly what I think you’ve gone full circle here and are just trying to troll an entire fan base here.

Thanks for the comment, always great to hear from you @yycfred

Mackey looked like he didn't want to be there last night and wasn't listening to his D-Partner, so putting myself in Sutter's shoes, he will want to make an example out of Mackey who's -3 in 3 GP with only 1 shot on net and 2 bad penalties

Ruzicka on the other hand has only been offered 1 Game and isn't a 4th liner checker, he's an offensive C/RW who would be more impactful in the Top-9 at C or RW. I don't believe he had a terrible game against SEA either. In the 5 1/2 minutes Stubborn Sutter afforded him he threw a good hit, was more physical, got a shot on goal, stood in front of the net creating the screen which lead to a goal and was 60% on the FaceOff Dot. Hard to go all out with your speed when your #1 responsibility is to stay back and defend. Let him play RW with some talent and see what he does there. Any time he was thrown out there with Top-9 Forwards last season, he did well. He has a Great Pass and Excellent Shot, leave the 4th line checking roles to Lucic, Ritchie, Rooney & Lewis.

Did you watch Training Camp at all!? DeSimone looked very good and is the best D-Man on the Wranglers. His mobility, offensive awareness and defense are good, he deserves a look in the NHL. Similar to Tanev, Meloche isn't going to score much, but he's Strong, Physical and Good Defensively. He's good on the PK and clearing pucks out of the zone. His passing & mobility are decent as well

Why is it you never come up with or post any ideas or solutions yourself!? if anyone's a troll on here, it's you my friend. All you do is criticize & insult others. You probably don't post anything, because you're afraid of getting the same treatment yourself. Go on and keep on hating my friend. I'll just keep on posting, living rent free in your head. Take Care!
6 nov. 2022 à 15 h 30
Red Deer Is Superior
Mentions "j'aime": 87
If Formenton was playing he’d be signed by now.
6 nov. 2022 à 15 h 34
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 903
Thanks for the comment, always great to hear from you yycfred

Mackey looked like he didn't want to be there last night and wasn't listening to his D-Partner, so putting myself in Sutter's shoes, he will want to make an example out of Mackey who's -3 in 3 GP with only 1 shot on net and 2 bad penalties

Ruzicka on the other hand has only been offered 1 Game and isn't a 4th liner checker, he's an offensive C/RW who would be more impactful in the Top-9 at C or RW. I don't believe he had a terrible game against SEA either. In the 5 1/2 minutes Stubborn Sutter afforded him he threw a good hit, was more physical, got a shot on goal, stood in front of the net creating the screen which lead to a goal and was 60% on the FaceOff Dot. Hard to go all out with your speed when your #1 responsibility is to stay back and defend. Let him play RW with some talent and see what he does there. Any time he was thrown out there with Top-9 Forwards last season, he did well. He has a Great Pass and Excellent Shot, leave the 4th line checking roles to Lucic, Ritchie, Rooney & Lewis.

Did you watch Training Camp at all!? DeSimone looked very good and is the best D-Man on the Wranglers. His mobility, offensive awareness and defense are good, he deserves a look in the NHL. Similar to Tanev, Meloche isn't going to score much, but he's Strong, Physical and Good Defensively. He's good on the PK and clearing pucks out of the zone. His passing & mobility are decent as well

Why is it you never come up with or post any ideas or solutions yourself!? if anyone's a troll on here, it's you my friend. All you do is criticize & insult others. You probably don't post anything, because you're afraid of getting the same treatment yourself. Go on and keep on hating my friend. I'll just keep on posting, living rent free in your head. Take Care!

“Solutions” hahah like you’re helping!! Get Sutter on the phone and help out eh? Pretty easy to take a peek and see I have plenty of posts there and plenty of conversation that are productive. Trying to talk to someone who thinks Phillips and Ruzicka are too 9 forwards.. pretty easy to see why there’s a lack of conversation. Again, as expected, spewing without research or knowledge! I will always commend you for the continuing to post without knowledge, awareness and the complete ability to convince yourself you’re right! Either mentally just not all there, professional troll job or young and just completely unaware of anything yet.

The 4th line isn’t paid to defend.. Ruzickas job was to hem other teams in their own end, let the shut down line defend, let the scoring lines score, Ruzicka wasn’t good at that he doesn’t deserve another shot without an injury. Similar to Mackey.

I don’t think you know what rent free means.. you’ve tried to say that before and I beat you over the head with it then too.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage