Créé par: zk97
Équipe: 2023-24 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 3 nov. 2022
Publié: 3 nov. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Lines explanation:

First line: Cole Caufield // Nick Suzuki // Kirby Dach
This line is currently proving to be effective for Montreal, so why not see if the line is effective next year? The only downside I see in this is that Dach is going to hopefully be our second line centre of the future, so deploying him at RW isn't too effective for his development. Maybe Dvorak can take his spot... but he's also good at faceoffs. Hopefully Slafkovsky eventually takes Dach's spot, but for now I don't think he'll be that good.

Second line: Juraj Slafkovsky // Christian Dvorak // Filip Mesar
Mesar looked very good in the preseason, and he's doing very good in the OHL currently. I think one of the rookies on Montreal will take over a top six spot... it's just a question of who it'll be. My guess is on Mesar, who could also be motivated by playing with his buddy Juraj. Dvorak would centre the two as an experienced, defensively responsible centre.

Third line: Nils Hoglander // Owen Beck // Brendan Gallagher
Hoglander hasn't been very good on the Canucks this season... the Habs acquire him hoping to put a spark in him. Owen Beck was another force in the preseason, and is also dominating in the OHL. He was so good that some were wondering whether he'd get a shot in the NHL this season... but it wasn't meant to be. Both are put with a hardworking veteran in Brendan Gallagher to mentor them.

Fourth line: Rem Pitlick // Jake Evans // Jesse Ylonen
Pitlick and Evans provide some great energy on the fourth line, and both are very good defensively. Ylonen is put with them to add even more energy to that line. I personally don't see any more than middle six potential in him anymore, which is why he's on the fourth line and not in the top nine.

First pair: Mike Matheson // Kaiden Guhle
Guhle has looked very good this season so far, and Matheson was a great puck moving defenseman in the preseason before his injury. I believe that with Guhle's defensive responsibility, Matheson can somewhat run a bit free with breakouts. As long as one of them can play right side, I feel like this pair would be very effective.

Second pair: Jordan Harris // Johnny Kovacevic
This pair has been, arguably, Montreal's best pairing this season. They've been solid defensively, and unnoticeable offensively (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). I don't see any reason to split this pairing up unless something changes with them.

Third pair: Arber Xhekaj // Justin Barron
Xhekaj's emergence has been a very good sign for Montreal. This pickup was a very under-the-radar one, and I don't think he's been that bad (save for the first couple games where he was figuring things out). He could be a good player to play with Barron as he works his way into the NHL.

Scratches: Michael Pezzetta, Joel Armia, Chris Wideman
I feel like all three of these guys are, at this point, NHL-caliber, just not good enough to crack the lineup. Pezzetta could enter the lineup if Xhekaj is out (for whatever reason), and Armia is the 14th forward. Wideman is the 7th defenseman.

2023 Draft:

6th overall (MTL pick): Dalibor Dvorsky
16th overall (NYI pick): Cameron Allen
18th overall (FLA pick): Riley Heidt
26th overall (CAR pick): Quentin Musty
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1775 000 $
77 875 000 $
1775 000 $
32 350 000 $
2850 000 $
2775 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
1800 000 $
31 450 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (CAR)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (PHI)
CAR
    Jonathan Drouin: Traded at TDL @ 50% for a 2nd round pick
    Evgenii Dadonov: Contract termination
    Sean Monahan: Traded at TDL @ 50% for a 1st round pick
    MTL
    1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
    TOR
    1. Edmundson, Joel (1 750 000 $ retained)
    Détails additionnels:
    With the emergence of Kaiden Guhle, Jordan Harris, Johnathan Kovacevic, and Arber Xhekaj, the Canadiens have four young NHL defensemen, as well as four veterans. This is not a long term solution. Therefore, the Canadiens make the tough decision to trade Joel Edmundson away to a contender.
    MTL
    1. Dufour, William
    2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (NYI)
    Détails additionnels:
    Dufour seems to be a similar player to Anderson when I watched a few games of him at the WJC. Big winger with speed. Islanders may not want to wait for him to develop to have a winger like that, so we assume that Dufour for Norlinder is the swap. On the other hand, Josh Anderson is acquired by the Islanders for a first round pick in the 15-20 range. For the sake of argument, let's say its the 16th overall pick. The Isles reportedly had interest in him on the 2022 draft day for the 13th overall pick, but they eventually moved that to the Canadiens for Alexander Romanov, which was flipped to Chicago for Kirby Dach. This time, the Canadiens will keep the pick.
    NYI
    1. Anderson, Josh
    2. Norlinder, Mattias
    Détails additionnels:
    Additionally, the Canadiens' left side on defense is starting to get clogged, as well as the wings on forward. Montreal makes the choice to move on from prospect Mattias Norlinder, and winger Josh Anderson. Norlinder still has some upside as a second pair defenseman, but with Jordan Harris & Arber Xhekaj already cracking the NHL, as well as prospects such as Lane Hutson and Adam Engstrom in the system, something has to give. Josh Anderson, on the other hand, brought lots of interest on 2022 draft day, because he's a big winger with speed. Not saying he's worth this, but it's likely time to move on from him if you can get a good return for him.
    MTL
    1. Höglander, Nils [Droits de RFA]
    Détails additionnels:
    Needing to bolster their blueline a little bit, the Canucks move underperforming prospect Nils Hoglander to the Canadiens in exchange for Savard and a second round pick. Hopefully Hoglander finds some sort of a spark in Montreal, and returns to his former potential.
    VAN
    1. Savard, David
    2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (PHI)
    Détails additionnels:
    With, hopefully, the arrival of Justin Barron in the NHL in 23/24, the Canadiens decide to move on from David Savard as well. He proved well as a "replacement" for Shea Weber, but in the end, his contract is too long. He has to go.

Pick condition: If Hoglander gets under 40 points, pick is downgraded to 2024 3rd round pick (MTL).
    Rachats de contrats
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Enfoui
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de FLA
    Logo de CAR
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de VGK
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de COL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2383 500 000 $63 439 999 $1 170 000 $4 275 000 $20 060 001 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
    7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 8
    7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
    C
    UFA - 7
    3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
    C, AD
    RFA - 3
    950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
    AD, AG
    RFA - 2
    4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 2
    885 000 $885 000 $ (Bonis de performance80 000 $$80K)
    C
    RFA - 3
    918 333 $918 333 $
    AD, C
    RFA - 3
    1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 4
    775 000 $775 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    800 000 $800 000 $
    AD, AG
    RFA - 1
    3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
    DG/DD
    RFA - 2
    1 925 000 $1 925 000 $
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    766 667 $766 667 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    2 350 000 $2 350 000 $
    DG/DD
    RFA - 2
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance275 000 $$275K)
    DD
    RFA - 1
    828 333 $828 333 $
    DG/DD
    RFA - 1
    762 500 $762 500 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    3 nov. 2022 à 20 h 54
    Amirov Forever
    Rejoint: mars 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,015
    Absolutely zero chance Toronto is trading a first for Joel Edmundson, who doesn't need play a position of need for the Leafs.
    Hockeypal a aimé ceci.
    3 nov. 2022 à 20 h 59
    Démarrer sujet
    v5 CBJ GM
    Rejoint: févr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 8,559
    Quoting: Nathaniel
    Absolutely zero chance Toronto is trading a first for Joel Edmundson, who doesn't need play a position of need for the Leafs.

"to trade Joel Edmundson away to a contender."

doesn't have to be toronto
    but i am curious to know... if muzz is done, then your left side is rielly sandin giordano. do you expect sandin to take the next step if gio regresses?
    3 nov. 2022 à 21 h 5
    This team kills me
    Rejoint: mars 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,511
    I liked Savard on CBJ but I dont think that this will happen as he is past his prime, he signed a value deal to be in MTL and Hoglander will probably be used to get a young RD, like a barron type, Not saying barron, barron type
    majormoose007 a aimé ceci.
    3 nov. 2022 à 21 h 9
    Démarrer sujet
    v5 CBJ GM
    Rejoint: févr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 8,559
    Quoting: BeautifulIdiot
    I liked Savard on CBJ but I dont think that this will happen as he is past his prime, he signed a value deal to be in MTL and Hoglander will probably be used to get a young RD, like a barron type, Not saying barron, barron type

ill be honest savard's deal really isn't that "value" per se, he's played like he's worth 2-2.5M imo. hoglander for a young d makes sense tho, i do think MTL could be a good place for him to revitalize his career
    3 nov. 2022 à 21 h 10
    Lets Get Kraken
    Rejoint: avr. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,456
    Canes have no need for Drouin or Monahan. Dump them elsewhere.
    3 nov. 2022 à 21 h 13
    Rejoint: août 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 12,091
    Josh anderson wouldn’t crack the isles lineup so I don’t get the logic of trading a 1st and their best wing prospect for him.
    Hockeypal, Not_Isles5513, Warrior24 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
    3 nov. 2022 à 21 h 13
    Judd Bracket ripoff
    Rejoint: juill. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,575
    No chance on that Savard deal. Hoglander still has potential. Savard is a redundant piece for vancouver
    majormoose007 a aimé ceci.
    3 nov. 2022 à 21 h 13
    Habs 7th round 1983
    Rejoint: déc. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 749
    I think we're gonna have to make a choice between keeping Harris or Xhekaj at one point in time. On the left side we have Matheson (signed for another 4 years), Guhle, and there is only room for one other LHD. Down the road we will then have to make room for Hutson.

I wouldn't move Savard yet as he is a sure bet while Barron and Mailloux integrate the line up, but I would start targeting another young RHD prospect.

As for Hoglander, I was wondering what's your take on Sean Farrell.
    3 nov. 2022 à 21 h 13
    This team kills me
    Rejoint: mars 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,511
    Quoting: zk97
    ill be honest savard's deal really isn't that "value" per se, he's played like he's worth 2-2.5M imo. hoglander for a young d makes sense tho, i do think MTL could be a good place for him to revitalize his career

I think savard would still fetch a fair penny on the UFA market, look at gudbranson, he just got 4x4. When Savard hit the market people were suggesting 4.5M for him 4m at the floor because again he is a RD. He would not be super easy to move right now but what is the worst that could happen if you try. I dont think MTL is the place for hogs to go, its a hard market to play in, same with van, but the expectation on newly traded players in all canadian markets is astronomically high, that if he were to stumble out of the gates, he would hear it but this time through a translator
    zk97 a aimé ceci.
    3 nov. 2022 à 21 h 14
    Rejoint: janv. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 683
    Islanders aren’t paying a 1st and potential top 6 player for an overpayed 3rd liner and a potential bottom pairing d man
    3 nov. 2022 à 21 h 16
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Rejoint: juill. 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 22,636

but i am curious to know... if muzz is done, then your left side is rielly sandin giordano. do you expect sandin to take the next step if gio regresses?

Yes, I expect Sandin to take the next step. I just wonder if the Leafs management has learned their lesson to quite trading away draft picks for minimal improvement. I know fans beat down the Leafs Dmen, but the Leafs are 12th in GAA. That's with Sandin missing training camp, Liljegren not back yet and has missed all training camp, 7th Dman Benn out but ready to return, and it looks like Muzzin may be gone long term. Certainly the Leafs can't have any injuries to Dmen....which might be a big hope, Not much in the minors to help.
    Logan_Ollivier a aimé ceci.
    3 nov. 2022 à 21 h 16
    1GarthSnowFan
    Rejoint: déc. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,803
    Quoting: Db1899
    Josh anderson wouldn’t crack the isles lineup so I don’t get the logic of trading a 1st and their best wing prospect for him.

I’ll trade Dufour for Anderson if they give me Caufield too lmao
    Islesforthecup a aimé ceci.
    3 nov. 2022 à 21 h 17
    1GarthSnowFan
    Rejoint: déc. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,803
    Quoting: palhal
    Yes, I expect Sandin to take the next step. I just wonder if the Leafs management has learned their lesson to quite trading away draft picks for minimal improvement. I know fans beat down the Leafs Dmen, but the Leafs are 12th in GAA. That's with Sandin missing training camp, Liljegren not back yet and has missed all training camp, 7th Dman Benn out but ready to return, and it looks like Muzzin may be gone long term. Certainly the Leafs can't have any injuries to Dmen....which might be a big hope, Not much in the minors to help.

Also Edmunson doesn’t even play 90% of the time
    3 nov. 2022 à 21 h 30
    Owly
    Rejoint: juin 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 932

It already looks good so far. Sandin can get a little risky but he's physical and really smart with the puck. I think he needs a solid partner, I think him with Brodie would be solid. Edmunson isn't half as good as you guys think he is. He'd have to beat Gio and he's just not as good as he is.
    3 nov. 2022 à 22 h 6
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    Rejoint: févr. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,990
    Josh Anderson sucks and has a terrible deal and has no spot in the islanders lineup and Norlinder wouldnt crack our top 6 for 7+ years. Not giving up Dufour AND a 2023 first lol. That is waaaaaaaayyyy off. Like the islanders wouldnt take anderson and norlinder for free, let alone that insane haul

I dont normally get upset on here but that trade is just incredibly far off. Nobody in the NHL thinks Anderson has positive value. I dont think a single team would pick him up if he was placed on waivers. That contract is terrible considering he is an average 3rd liner at best
    4 nov. 2022 à 10 h 44
    NYI
    Rejoint: juin 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,103
    The Islanders are not trading a 1st round pick and their second best prospect for a guy who hasn't hit 50 points since his last year in Juniors.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage